texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
cztim, arschmitz, Silver Elk Group, KGundrum, qazwsx
67072 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 103,796
bill oxner 71,325
stxranchman 56,254
SnakeWrangler 53,014
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,451
BMD 41,089
Gravytrain 38,158
Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums45
Topics432,565
Posts6,508,005
Members67,072
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
Elk Bugle #7916464 07/28/20 09:57 PM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 273
D
DonPablo Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
D
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 273
I have an old Abe & Son elk bugle and after buying the instructional DVD, I still can't work it to save my life. Any tips for those of you who've used one?

Re: Elk Bugle [Re: DonPablo] #7916676 07/29/20 01:05 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 103,796
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 103,796
If that is a diaphragm call, you will find that some people cannot ever make them work. Videos on Youtube will be your best bet.


Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Elk Bugle [Re: DonPablo] #7916858 07/29/20 03:06 AM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 406
F
Fitzwho Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
F
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 406
If you can’t get it to work. Look at the Elk Reel.

Re: Elk Bugle [Re: DonPablo] #7917132 07/29/20 02:05 PM
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,535
W
Wytex Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
W
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,535
Get a Power Bugle.

Re: Elk Bugle [Re: DonPablo] #7917143 07/29/20 02:16 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,208
kmon1 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,208
Is the call you got the diaphragm they take some time to learn and like DC said some cannot use them just like the same type of turkey call. The ones that have latex stretched over a round opening at the end of the call I never have been able to use with consistency.


lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: Elk Bugle [Re: DonPablo] #7917284 07/29/20 04:36 PM
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,144
G
gary roberson Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,144
I bet the reed material needs replacing. That is one of the best and easiest to use of all the elk bugles. I still have one from years ago when we were outfitting in NM. Located and called lots of bulls with this call. Once I got them moving, went to the cow-calf elk call that we make. Easiest to use of all the mouth blown elk calls.
Adios,
Gary

Re: Elk Bugle [Re: gary roberson] #7917340 07/29/20 05:22 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 47,932
BOBO the Clown Online Content
decoy
Online Content
decoy
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 47,932
Originally Posted by gary roberson
I bet the reed material needs replacing. That is one of the best and easiest to use of all the elk bugles. I still have one from years ago when we were outfitting in NM. Located and called lots of bulls with this call. Once I got them moving, went to the cow-calf elk call that we make. Easiest to use of all the mouth blown elk calls.
Adios,
Gary


The above ^^

Another easy one is Bugling bulls conquer bite and blow. Looks like this and goes into bugle tube.

I actually prefer in in high pressure areas. It’s a lighter, younger bull sound. I actually get more responses to it then when I use a diagram in high pressure areas like CO OTC


[Linked Image]


Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Elk Bugle [Re: Fitzwho] #7917341 07/29/20 05:23 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 47,932
BOBO the Clown Online Content
decoy
Online Content
decoy
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 47,932
Originally Posted by Fitzwho
If you can’t get it to work. Look at the Elk Reel.



Their cow call is money as a closer


Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Elk Bugle [Re: gary roberson] #7921460 08/02/20 10:31 PM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 273
D
DonPablo Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
D
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 273
It is not a diaphragm. I believe it's an older version of the dominator bull call. The drop-in mouthpiece looks the same as the one on their site: https://www.abeandson.com/store.php

Originally Posted by gary roberson
I bet the reed material needs replacing. That is one of the best and easiest to use of all the elk bugles. I still have one from years ago when we were outfitting in NM. Located and called lots of bulls with this call. Once I got them moving, went to the cow-calf elk call that we make. Easiest to use of all the mouth blown elk calls.
Adios,
Gary


Man, if this is one of the easiest, I'm in trouble. Lol. I just replaced the latex. Assuming I put it on correctly (again I followed the video), the problem is all user error. I'm gonna keep messing with it but I may have to try something else if I can't get it to work. Thanks.

Pablo

Re: Elk Bugle [Re: DonPablo] #7922182 08/03/20 02:49 PM
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,535
W
Wytex Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
W
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,535
Power bugle or Primos, both are easy to learn.

Re: Elk Bugle [Re: DonPablo] #7922197 08/03/20 03:02 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 47,932
BOBO the Clown Online Content
decoy
Online Content
decoy
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 47,932
Originally Posted by DonPablo
It is not a diaphragm. I believe it's an older version of the dominator bull call. The drop-in mouthpiece looks the same as the one on their site: https://www.abeandson.com/store.php

Originally Posted by gary roberson
I bet the reed material needs replacing. That is one of the best and easiest to use of all the elk bugles. I still have one from years ago when we were outfitting in NM. Located and called lots of bulls with this call. Once I got them moving, went to the cow-calf elk call that we make. Easiest to use of all the mouth blown elk calls.
Adios,
Gary


Man, if this is one of the easiest, I'm in trouble. Lol. I just replaced the latex. Assuming I put it on correctly (again I followed the video), the problem is all user error. I'm gonna keep messing with it but I may have to try something else if I can't get it to work. Thanks.

Pablo


Primo’s power bugle is based off same design.

After replacing reed, if you can’t get it to work go to the below.

Go to buglingbull.com

Get either #114 select a bull elk calling system or conqueror mount peice(adapts to most bugle tubes with trimming or gorilla tape).


It’s the easiest I’ve seen, only down side is chuckles but truthfully you don’t need them.

Also you got time to learn a mouth reed. The pink Phelps(phellsgamecalls.com) AMP frame is a good one


Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Elk Bugle [Re: DonPablo] #7922477 08/03/20 06:30 PM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 273
D
DonPablo Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
D
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 273
Thanks. I'm gonna keep playing with it. I should be deciding this week if I'm gonna use a guide or go DIY. If so, I may let him bugle and I'll work the cow call behind my stalker decoy from Ultimate Predator Gear (https://ultimatepredatorgear.com/ultimate-predator-stalker-decoys/). I have the cow talk (https://www.elkinc.com/cow-talk-elk-call/) call and feel it's pretty easy to use.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3