texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Boltgunner6.5, texags2012, NateS, No1skier, roo_ster
67119 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 103,844
bill oxner 71,782
stxranchman 56,283
SnakeWrangler 53,027
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,451
BMD 41,089
Gravytrain 38,352
Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums45
Topics433,196
Posts6,516,741
Members67,119
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
Famersville Deer Hunting #7914616 07/27/20 01:25 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 129
J
Jlambe Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
J
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 129
I was able to get access to 15 acres up in farmersville north of HWY 380 and it backs up to a huge Greenbelt which I believe it is Corp land. I set out a feeder this weekend to see if anything is there and if I can pull pull something out the greenbelt. I wanted to see if anyone has seen deer in that area? I am in the general area of CR 572 and HW 78.


Is there a public land map for that area? I am curious if that greenbelt even gets hunted at all.

Re: Famersville Deer Hunting [Re: Jlambe] #7914643 07/27/20 01:48 PM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 18,285
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 18,285
First off, bow hunting only if you do have huntable deer.......


Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Famersville Deer Hunting [Re: Jlambe] #7914648 07/27/20 01:55 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,364
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,364
The corps land does not allow deer hunting. They've even run off the hog hunters during deer season.

There are numerous 200 inch deer running corps land. You may be in a good spot you may not. If you've got 15 acres of pasture backing up to the wrong stuff if could be meh. If youve got good native food on the property next to good bedding it could be great.

Google lake lavon hunting map. That's the best map of the corps land I know of.

Last edited by ducknbass; 07/27/20 01:56 PM.
Re: Famersville Deer Hunting [Re: Jlambe] #7914664 07/27/20 02:07 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,046
R
Rustler Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,046
That would be close to Lake Lavon COE areas 10 & 11
In 6 -13 (all north of 380) you can use a shotgun / slugs for feral hogs. Good chance of being checked or asked to leave during deer season.
Deer hunting is illegal on lake Lavon CoE land.

Re: Famersville Deer Hunting [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7914826 07/27/20 03:52 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 129
J
Jlambe Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
J
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 129
Originally Posted by Rustler
That would be close to Lake Lavon COE areas 10 & 11
In 6 -13 (all north of 380) you can use a shotgun / slugs for feral hogs. Good chance of being checked or asked to leave during deer season.
Deer hunting is illegal on lake Lavon CoE land.




I am actually right at the tip of area 10 of lavon hunting area. So that area is hunted for hogs and deer correct? Making sure I understand that correctly?

Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
First off, bow hunting only if you do have huntable deer.......


I am only planning to bowhunt there and the piece of land is way to small for guns.

Re: Famersville Deer Hunting [Re: Jlambe] #7914885 07/27/20 04:58 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,046
R
Rustler Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,046
Originally Posted by Jlambe

I am actually right at the tip of area 10 of lavon hunting area. So that area is hunted for hogs and deer correct? Making sure I understand that correctly?

I am only planning to bowhunt there and the piece of land is way to small for guns.



Originally Posted by ducknbass
The corps land does not allow deer hunting.They've even run off the hog hunters during deer season.

There are numerous 200 inch deer running corps land. You may be in a good spot you may not. If you've got 15 acres of pasture backing up to the wrong stuff if could be meh. If youve got good native food on the property next to good bedding it could be great.

Google lake lavon hunting map. That's the best map of the corps land I know of.


Originally Posted by Rustler
That would be close to Lake Lavon COE areas 10 & 11
In 6 -13 (all north of 380) you can use a shotgun / slugs for feral hogs. Good chance of being checked or asked to leave during deer season.
Deer hunting is illegal on lake Lavon CoE land.



Deer hunting on Lake Lavon COE land is illegal / is not allowed,,, if you hunt deer in that area, stay on the property you leased.

Re: Famersville Deer Hunting [Re: Rustler] #7914886 07/27/20 05:00 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 129
J
Jlambe Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
J
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 129
Originally Posted by Rustler
Originally Posted by Jlambe

I am actually right at the tip of area 10 of lavon hunting area. So that area is hunted for hogs and deer correct? Making sure I understand that correctly?

I am only planning to bowhunt there and the piece of land is way to small for guns.



Originally Posted by ducknbass
The corps land does not allow deer hunting.They've even run off the hog hunters during deer season.

There are numerous 200 inch deer running corps land. You may be in a good spot you may not. If you've got 15 acres of pasture backing up to the wrong stuff if could be meh. If youve got good native food on the property next to good bedding it could be great.

Google lake lavon hunting map. That's the best map of the corps land I know of.


Originally Posted by Rustler
That would be close to Lake Lavon COE areas 10 & 11
In 6 -13 (all north of 380) you can use a shotgun / slugs for feral hogs. Good chance of being checked or asked to leave during deer season.
Deer hunting is illegal on lake Lavon CoE land.



Deer hunting on Lake Lavon COE land is illegal / is not allowed,,, if you hunt deer in that area, stay on the property you leased.


Alright thanks! Well fingers crossed something hangs around the feeder

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3