Print Thread
Texas public drawn hunts #7912110 07/24/20 10:04 PM
C
Chronotrigger Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
C
I have a few questions regarding drawn hunts and am hoping some of you fine folks may be able to provide answers, my apologies if this has been discussed recently. Multiple people are allowed to be put on the same submission for some hunts. If say my father is put on the one I submit can he still submit his own for that same hunt (with or without me included on the submission.) I am pretty sure a person's name can only be on one submission per drawing regardless of if they are the primary submitter or not. Just making sure.

If I was drawn with my father on the same submission does that mean we would each be hunting for the allowed game or would we have to split whatever it was we are allowed to harvest. For example, if it was for a management buck hunt where you could only shoot one buck would we each be able to shoot a buck or only one of us? Do we have to hunt together or just at same time? Also, if for some reason I was unable to make the hunt but I was the one who submitted the entry with my father included, would he still be able to go?

Lastly, I know you get preference points the more you submit and don't get drawn, but what happens if you are drawn and choose not to buy the permit? Does that wipe out your points or will it increase them as if you were never drawn? I appreciate any guidance you can offer, thanks for your time.

Last edited by Chronotrigger; 07/24/20 10:38 PM.
Re: Texas public drawn hunts [Re: Chronotrigger] #7912518 07/25/20 11:43 AM
B
B_Man Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
This is my understanding- you can put your father's name on that card for that particular hunt but he
cannot have his own name by himself or with another group for the same type of hunt on a different card. You both may get
DQ'ed and no one gets their name submitted for the hunt. You do get preference points but once you get drawn
you lose those points whether you hunt or not. If your group gets drawn and one person cannot make the hunt
then no one can take that person's place.

Re: Texas public drawn hunts [Re: Chronotrigger] #7912639 07/25/20 02:07 PM
J
jnd59 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Each person gets the tag for that hunt. So if you have three people on an application, all three are eligible to hunt. Each hunter has to accept the hunt and pay the fee or that hunter does not get a tag. On postcard hunts, one hunter can accept for all but I'm not sure on regular draws.

No matter how high a duck flies a hammer still breaks a window.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide