These always make for interesting reading. Just to summarize...
• A wave of faulty equipment/obstructions in barrel incidents by dove hunters, which tend to be rare.
• A decrease in fatal incidents (down 2) in 2019.•SWINGING ON GAME OUT OF SAFE ZONE led the list of incidents with 7 (33%); OUT OF SIGHT with two (10%).
• DOVE hunting incidents,with 13, were way up in 2019; HOG hunting incident were down considerably.
• SHOTGUNS were used in 2/3 of incidents; handguns one.
• Six(6)HUNTER EDUCATION graduates were involved in hunting incidents; one person was military exempted.
• Two incidents (10%)involved ALCOHOL,and five (24%) involved LAW VIOLATIONS, slightly back up in 2019.
• There were five non-fatal TYPE B incidents (See page 10) involving falls from elevated stands, the number one hunting incident in North America.Texas Hunting Incident Analysis - 2019