Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,785
Posts9,729,135
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Anyone have any luck with the license rebate from Mt. Dew? #7901428 07/15/20 03:10 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
The rebate was supposed to go active on the website at 9am this morning. I was able to get the message below. Perhaps your chances of getting the $20 rebate are still there.

SORRY, FOLKS

Looks like our secret outdoor spot isn’t so secret anymore. Check back in an hour while we work out a few knots in our fishing line due to increased demand.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 07/15/20 03:11 PM.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Anyone have any luck with the license rebate from Mt. Dew? [Re: Texas Dan] #7901513 07/15/20 04:23 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
YOU'RE ALL SET

Great. Your MTN DEW Outdoors Stimulus is on its way once we validate your submission. Your check payment will be sent within 10 business days. In the meantime, you’ll receive an email confirming your submission. Nice catch.

Re: Anyone have any luck with the license rebate from Mt. Dew? [Re: Texas Dan] #7901531 07/15/20 04:38 PM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Define "thread fail"

Re: Anyone have any luck with the license rebate from Mt. Dew? [Re: titan2232] #7901805 07/15/20 08:04 PM
J
Judd Offline
#1 Creedmoor Fan
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by titan2232
Define "thread fail"

Let’s start by giving a drink company our personal information to share and pester us with spam. bang

TCD stuffs one in the can again.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Anyone have any luck with the license rebate from Mt. Dew? [Re: Texas Dan] #7902055 07/15/20 10:26 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
For 20 bucks I would not give anybody anything.

Re: Anyone have any luck with the license rebate from Mt. Dew? [Re: Texas Dan] #7902306 07/16/20 02:20 AM
R
Rounder Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Foolishness to wh.re out your info so readily.

Re: Anyone have any luck with the license rebate from Mt. Dew? [Re: Texas Dan] #7902449 07/16/20 10:21 AM
T
Texas Dan Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
In today’s world with declining license sales and anti-hunters, I’ll gladly participate in a company’s effort that openly supports and encourages those who hunt and fish. It’s also extremely encouraging to see the evidence that so many feel the same way.

Heck, I might even buy an extra six-pack of Mt. Dew before my next trip to the lease.

Re: Anyone have any luck with the license rebate from Mt. Dew? [Re: Texas Dan] #7907677 07/21/20 11:14 AM
W
Wytex Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
In today’s world with declining license sales and anti-hunters, I’ll gladly participate in a company’s effort that openly supports and encourages those who hunt and fish. It’s also extremely encouraging to see the evidence that so many feel the same way.

Heck, I might even buy an extra six-pack of Mt. Dew before my next trip to the lease.

Actually license sales and apps were through the roof this year all over the west. No decline in hunters up here or out west.

Re: Anyone have any luck with the license rebate from Mt. Dew? [Re: Wytex] #7907839 07/21/20 02:16 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Wytex

Actually license sales and apps were through the roof this year all over the west. No decline in hunters up here or out west.

Unfortunately, the increases in some areas have not outweighed the declines in others parts of the country. Both the upper Midwest and Northeast which have long been home to the nation’s largest hunting populations have seen individual hunting-license holders decline by 10.25 percent in Michigan, 7 percent in Illinois, and 5.6 percent in Ohio. In fact, of the eight states in the upper Midwest and Northeast with the largest hunting populations—Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin—only Missouri and Pennsylvania saw increases in individual hunting-license holders, according to FWS data.

Re: Anyone have any luck with the license rebate from Mt. Dew? [Re: Texas Dan] #7908010 07/21/20 04:29 PM
W
Wytex Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
They must all be choosing to go west, numbers of applicants and point creep are out of control out here. However many put in for multiple tags so that may boost the app numbers.

Re: Anyone have any luck with the license rebate from Mt. Dew? [Re: Texas Dan] #7908306 07/21/20 08:54 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

Unfortunately, the increases in some areas have not outweighed the declines in others parts of the country. Both the upper Midwest and Northeast which have long been home to the nation’s largest hunting populations have seen individual hunting-license holders decline by 10.25 percent in Michigan, 7 percent in Illinois, and 5.6 percent in Ohio. In fact, of the eight states in the upper Midwest and Northeast with the largest hunting populations—Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin—only Missouri and Pennsylvania saw increases in individual hunting-license holders, according to FWS data.

It’s Not the extremely minuscule cost of the resident hunting license causing loss of hunter recruitment... it’s education and mentorship problems.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Anyone have any luck with the license rebate from Mt. Dew? [Re: Wytex] #7908322 07/21/20 09:09 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
They must all be choosing to go west, numbers of applicants and point creep are out of control out here. However many put in for multiple tags so that may boost the app numbers.

Western hunting is the new generation what ever theme we are in. All the western hunting companies are targeting that 21-35 demographic. Perfect example, while I love the meateater brand and company umbrella, I am not their target audience. I’m not going to promote over priced pints Night for BHA, nor am I the one that going to buy a $300 boning knife. I think in last 5 years I’ve only ran into one person older then me and not in the younger demographic I mentioned out west. But I did run into lots of first year western hunters.

Also the economy has been doing well so out of state trips are more feasible.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Anyone have any luck with the license rebate from Mt. Dew? [Re: Texas Dan] #7908611 07/22/20 01:03 AM
T
Texas Dan Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
"Congratulations, your MTN DEW Outdoor Stimulus application has been approved! Your $20 payment will be sent out within 10 business days.

Share your catch online then go out and celebrate. But please don't feed the wildlife."

Gas money.

banana

Last edited by Texas Dan; 07/22/20 01:04 AM.

Re: Anyone have any luck with the license rebate from Mt. Dew? [Re: don k] #7908619 07/22/20 01:11 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by don k
For 20 bucks I would not give anybody anything.

Re: Anyone have any luck with the license rebate from Mt. Dew? [Re: Texas Dan] #7910243 07/23/20 02:06 PM
W
Wytex Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
BoBo we have a ton of older hunters trying to burn PP and get out of the PP game now up here. Lots of posts online on other forums looking for ways to burn those PP on decent areas and get out of the building points game.
Most of us are realizing we can't just go out an climb those mountains like we used to, need to hunt now while we still can.
I do agree with the internet exposing more folks to hunting out west and helping with the increase in apps, Randy Newburg is a good example of that , he promotes DIY hunting and does a great job of it. Lots of folks now realize almost anyone can venture out here and have a good hunt without paying an outfitter or guide, opens up a whole new area for those DIY hunters.
I have also seen many older hunters in position to finally draw those coveted tags looking for outfitters to help guarantee success when they draw. All those years building PP and they want to make sure they use them on a hunt that will have success.
I sure wish Wyoming had not gone into the PP game for anyone, let all draws be random, but that is just my 2 cents. Either way , PP or random, some will say it's not a fair system.

I would like to see all of you get a few PP and come up and see what it's all about, public land western hunting. It's a blast !

Good on Mt Dew for the promotion but I would not give my info out to them either.

Re: Anyone have any luck with the license rebate from Mt. Dew? [Re: Wytex] #7912792 07/25/20 04:56 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N

Is there a Wyoming Hunters Forum?

Re: Anyone have any luck with the license rebate from Mt. Dew? [Re: ndhunter] #7912798 07/25/20 05:00 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
I've seen a couple of online sites about Wyoming Hunting

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide