Forums46
Topics537,993
Posts9,731,512
Members87,053
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: JCB] #7899470 07/13/20 08:22 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by JCB
Turning my back on the NFL has nothing to do with teams changing names. It has EVERYTHING to do with the anti-American culture they are now promoting with Kapernick leading the way. F'em!!

i gave up on them many years ago. I'm on the verge of giving up on college ball too. bang

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: aerangis] #7899476 07/13/20 08:27 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by aerangis
The NFL has a significant number of minority players. Let the minority community support the NFL and pay their salaries.

To some that may sound like a racist statement, but more than once I have thought the same thing with the NFL and the NBA. If they want to make it all about Blacks then let them have it.

Last two years I only watched the Cowboys and the Superbowl, this year None, Nada, Niet, no Cowboys no NFL.

If the colleges are behaving like true Americans I will watch some, if not nope. I will try and get some high school Friday night live in,

Last edited by Stub; 07/13/20 08:30 PM.

texas flag

Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: JCB] #7899489 07/13/20 08:38 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by JCB
Turning my back on the NFL has nothing to do with teams changing names. It has EVERYTHING to do with the anti-American culture they are now promoting with Kapernick leading the way. F'em!!

This ^^^^^

Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: rickym] #7899493 07/13/20 08:40 PM
603Country Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I quit watching the NFL a few years ago. Don’t miss it at all. Never did watch pro baseball because it bores me to death. Same with the NBA. Golf bores me mostly, but I will watch the Masters. As for women’s pro basketball, I mistakenly thought they didn’t do that anymore, so you can see how little I care. Hockey, nope. indy car racing I’ll watch sometimes. NASCAR, for years I only watched the Daytona 500, but they are pushing me away with their policies. I didn’t watch Joey Chesnut defend his wiener eating title.

I guess I’m down to high school and pro tennis, and college football. If I lived in a small town that had serious high school football, I’d watch that, but Groesbeck plays loser football.

So, what do I do? Mostly fix stuff here on the ranch. I hunt when it isn’t so hot, and I am doing a good bit more crappie fishing.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: rickym] #7899495 07/13/20 08:44 PM
CCBIRDDOGMAN Offline
Bird Herder
Bird Herder
Eff all pro sports at this point. I know my wife isn't gonna give up her Cowboys and thats fine. I'll go tie some jigs or load shotgun shells while she's watching that crap.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Haven't had it in years but never spit any out.

I am a sucker for happy endings and strapped cowboys.
Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: Superduty] #7899497 07/13/20 08:46 PM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Superduty
I cannot wait for the NFL season! If we have one, love the game!

I look forward to it all week.

X2

With so many sports being delayed and flat out cancelled NFL TV views will be at an all time high in my opinion. Part die hard NFL fans and a few new viewers just watching to see how the anthem plays out. I'll skip the anthem protest garbage and watch 60 minutes of football as usual.

Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: rickym] #7899511 07/13/20 08:58 PM
B
bigjoe8565 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
When I got on my lease 7 years ago I stopped watching sports and honestly I don’t miss it. All this extra stuff going on right now just confirms I’m not really missing anything.

Last edited by bigjoe8565; 07/13/20 08:59 PM.
Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: TexFlip] #7899518 07/13/20 09:07 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by TexFlip
Never understood the fascination. confused2

x2

Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: Stub] #7899527 07/13/20 09:12 PM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by aerangis
The NFL has a significant number of minority players. Let the minority community support the NFL and pay their salaries.

To some that may sound like a racist statement, but more than once I have thought the same thing with the NFL and the NBA. If they want to make it all about Blacks then let them have it.

Last two years I only watched the Cowboys and the Superbowl, this year None, Nada, Niet, no Cowboys no NFL.

If the colleges are behaving like true Americans I will watch some, if not nope. I will try and get some high school Friday night live in,

My High School - Midland Robert E Lee Rebels - is looking to change their name, colors and mascot. The school had it all covered - Song (Dixie), Flag (Confederate), Name etc. Playing multiple sports there in school in the 70's, we were all one team regardless of color. Lee and Permian were the original Friday Night Lights - wasn't unusual to see 25,000 people in the stadium for the rivalry. One side of me wants to keep it and the other side just let it go.

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: rickym] #7899529 07/13/20 09:14 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I'm getting tired of watching old westerns on TV.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: rickym] #7899538 07/13/20 09:20 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Meh. As someone who was an athlete - never could understand the obsession with watching professional sports. Watched some collegiate back when I was in college or had friends playing, but after that I've had zero to little interest in it. More of a social thing and certainly not exciting watching grown men compete.

Much rather spend my time outside.

Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: JCB] #7899550 07/13/20 09:33 PM
R
rickym Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by JCB

So when mike trout and Justin upton take a knee, no more baseball in your household?

You know some collegiate level teams are gonna do the same...so no more college ball in your house?

Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: bill oxner] #7899553 07/13/20 09:38 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
I'm getting tired of watching old westerns on TV.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: rickym] #7899563 07/13/20 09:43 PM
S
Slow Drifter Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
My main concern is that it's gonna' mess up my deer season. I have 5 cousins who hunt my place. I'll hunt the opener but I never really get serious about it until December. By then they're shot out and/or more into football and I have the place to myself. I'm afraid if they give up on football they'll figure out how productive late season can be.

"I have no idea what WW-III will be fought with, but WW-IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

A. Einstein

Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: Slow Drifter] #7899592 07/13/20 10:08 PM
R
rickym Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Slow Drifter
My main concern is that it's gonna' mess up my deer season. I have 5 cousins who hunt my place. I'll hunt the opener but I never really get serious about it until December. By then they're shot out and/or more into football and I have the place to myself. I'm afraid if they give up on football they'll figure out how productive late season can be.

Tell them they have until the Sunday after thanksgiving.

Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: JCB] #7899601 07/13/20 10:16 PM
P
pdr55 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted by JCB

THIS!

If you`re running down my country, man,
You`re walking on the fighting side of me. (Merle)
Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: rickym] #7899634 07/13/20 10:31 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I didn't quit watching when they wanted to or because they changed names.
I quit watching because they were disrespecting the Flag that a multitude of Brave men and women fought and died to keep free.
That's why.
flag

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: rickym] #7899638 07/13/20 10:34 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by rickym
Are you gonna quit watching baseball when the Cleveland Indians, Atlanta Braves, or Washington Nationals change their name?

What about College level sports when the NCAA starts making schools change their mascots?

And what about when it happens to your local high schools?

something tells me they could change the name of America and youd be ok with it?

[Linked Image]
Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: rickym] #7899657 07/13/20 10:52 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by JCB

So when mike trout and Justin upton take a knee, no more baseball in your household?

You know some collegiate level teams are gonna do the same...so no more college ball in your house?

First off Mike Trout will not do that because he has class. In the event he does take a knee during the anthem then I will lose all respect for him just like I did Brett Favre (my favorite QB of all time) after his comments comparing Kaperdick to Pat Tillman. I know very little about Upton and don't follow him so I don't care. Trout is the only current MLB player I pay any attention to at the moment.

As far as boycotting MLB is concerned......if they promote that culture like NFL is doing then yes I will be done with them too. If a handful of players take a knee then so be it. I watch very few baseball games anyway. Yes I do collect baseball cards but pretty much everything I collect is retired players anyway regardless of the sport they played. I use to collect a few current NFL players but I am proud to say I quit buying current year production cards when the NFL started entertaining anti-cop and anti-American BS a few years ago. Football cards are licensed by the NFL now so I refuse to support them in anyway.

Collegiate level stuff has never interested me in the least bit. If I have ever watched more than half a game of collegiate level ball I sure as heck don't remember it. It could go away forever and I would never miss it.

So now let me ask you a question(s):
Where do you draw the line and say enough is enough?
Is it when they start burning the flag on the field?
Is it when they refuse to honor our flag at all?
Or is Football just something that means far more to you than any disrespect a league can show our flag, our country, and everything we stand for and so many have died for?

Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: JCB] #7899662 07/13/20 10:54 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by JCB
Originally Posted by JCB

First off Mike Trout will not do that because he has class. In the event he does take a knee during the anthem then I will lose all respect for him just like I did Brett Favre (my favorite QB of all time) after his comments comparing Kaperdick to Pat Tillman. I know very little about Upton and don't follow him so I don't care. Trout is the only current MLB player I pay any attention to at the moment.

As far as boycotting MLB is concerned......if they promote that culture like NFL is doing then yes I will be done with them too. If a handful of players take a knee then so be it. I watch very few baseball games anyway. Yes I do collect baseball cards but pretty much everything I collect is retired players anyway regardless of the sport they played. I use to collect a few current NFL players but I am proud to say I quit buying current year production cards when the NFL started entertaining anti-cop and anti-American BS a few years ago. Football cards are licensed by the NFL now so I refuse to support them in anyway.

Collegiate level stuff has never interested me in the least bit. If I have ever watched more than half a game of collegiate level ball I sure as heck don't remember it. It could go away forever and I would never miss it.

Or is Football just something that means far more to you than any disrespect a league can show our flag, our country, and everything we stand for and so many have died for?

Drops mic

Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: ducknbass] #7899669 07/13/20 10:59 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Originally Posted by JCB
Originally Posted by JCB

Drops mic

........this should be interesting reading....

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: rickym] #7899699 07/13/20 11:17 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
popcorn

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: rickym] #7899731 07/13/20 11:43 PM
T
Tommar Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Just call them the Foreskins. It is Washington after all.

Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: Tommar] #7899736 07/13/20 11:45 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Tommar
Just call them the Foreskins. It is Washington after all.

Perfect

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: For those turning their back on the nfl [Re: rickym] #7899746 07/13/20 11:52 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
Foreskins it is.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide