Page 1 of 2 1 2
What are people? #7894168 07/08/20 02:34 PM
J
Junbengreat Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
J
Why are people so offended to wear masks now that Governor Abbott signed an executive order mandating it. I see lots of ppl in stores refusing to wear one and being confrontational with staff.

Re: What are people? [Re: Junbengreat] #7894173 07/08/20 02:41 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
F&5K YOU Junbengreat! roflmao

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: What are people? [Re: Junbengreat] #7894175 07/08/20 02:41 PM
C
Chopped54 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by Junbengreat
Why are people so offended to wear masks now that Governor Abbott signed an executive order mandating it. I see lots of ppl in stores refusing to wear one and being confrontational with staff.

Because someone, somewhere told everyone that it is an overreach of government and violates their constitutional rights. I would not be a bit surprised if it was Democrats that started the anti-mask movement to further divide us.....

Wealth is of the heart and mind and not of the pocket
Re: What are people? [Re: Junbengreat] #7894178 07/08/20 02:43 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
What on earth do you mean? bolt

[Linked Image]
Re: What are people? [Re: Junbengreat] #7894185 07/08/20 02:48 PM
MikeC Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Had to go to Walmart Monday to pick up a prescription and as I was going in there was a man with 4 children entering just in front of me. None of them were wearing mask. When the woman at the door said that he should be wearing a mask,he flew into a cussing ti-raid about it was his choice. His choice I guess but personally I wouldn't put the children at risk.

www.connerknives.net

In every old body lives a young person wondering what the hell happened!

[Linked Image]
Re: What are people? [Re: Chopped54] #7894188 07/08/20 02:48 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by Chopped54

Because someone, somewhere told everyone that it is an overreach of government and violates their constitutional rights. I would not be a bit surprised if it was Democrats that started the anti-mask movement to further divide us.....

Or some people aren't mindless zombies that do exactly what big brother says and actually have a brain than understands the limitations of what all types of masks - N95, surgical, and "cloth" can and can't do based on an understanding of science.

I'm not offended by it though - I'll either play along for now or go somewhere else. I'm certainly not going to sit there and argue with a minimum wage employee about the efficacy of masks.

Re: What are people? [Re: Junbengreat] #7894201 07/08/20 02:58 PM
P
Pope&Young Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
People don't want to be told what to do or inconvenienced.
They are only selfishly thinking of themselves and nots what's best for all.
The sooner the pandemic is over, only then can our State and country begin to start to get back to normal.

[Linked Image]
Re: What are people? [Re: Cochise] #7894202 07/08/20 02:58 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Cochise

Or some people aren't mindless zombies that do exactly what big brother says and actually have a brain than understands the limitations of what all types of masks - N95, surgical, and "cloth" can and can't do based on an understanding of science.

I'm not offended by it though - I'll either play along for now or go somewhere else. I'm certainly not going to sit there and argue with a minimum wage employee about the efficacy of masks.

Yep, but those guys at the door in some companies start at $13.50 hr

Re: What are people? [Re: Junbengreat] #7894209 07/08/20 03:03 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I dont know if you guys have noticed......the mask wasn't what slowed the spread..... it was the shutdown that did that. People not moving around is what slowed it. Now that we are moving around its gonna spread period, mask or no mask! Come on people think. Now let's go flag

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 07/08/20 03:04 PM.
Re: What are people? [Re: Junbengreat] #7894213 07/08/20 03:06 PM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
Some people simply don’t like to be told what to do.....been pretty much like that since 1776

Re: What are people? [Re: Cochise] #7894217 07/08/20 03:10 PM
C
Chopped54 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
C

Originally Posted by scientific stuff

On the basis of these preliminary findings, both surgical and N95 masks appear equally effective in preventing influenza dis- semination from patients with confirmed influenza. These find- ings support current guidelines regarding mask use by patients with acute influenza.

This journal was written July 15th, 2009, long before masks had been politicized.
CLICK HERE

Wealth is of the heart and mind and not of the pocket
Re: What are people? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7894220 07/08/20 03:12 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
I dont know if you guys have noticed......the mask wasn't what slowed the spread..... it was the shutdown that did that. People not moving around is what slowed it. Now that we are moving around its gonna spread period, mask or no mask! Come on people think. Now let's go flag

he's right you know....
If masks are supposed to work as told by our officials, open EVERYTHING up.

Plus, They say a bandana counts as one, Why don't I see surgeons, or doctors wearing them in the hospital if they work so dang good?

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
Re: What are people? [Re: Junbengreat] #7894223 07/08/20 03:14 PM
S
SmallTownHunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
There are way too many experts out there. I have seen everything from truck drivers to shoe salesmen slinging out medical advice like they know what they are talking about. Let's not take the epidemiologists word for it, it's just some massive plot by the govt. For what I'm still trying to figure out, not sure what is gained by telling people to wear a mask.

Re: What are people? [Re: Junbengreat] #7894226 07/08/20 03:16 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
It's my body? confused2

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: What are people? [Re: SmallTownHunter] #7894228 07/08/20 03:17 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by SmallTownHunter
There are way too many experts out there. I have seen everything from truck drivers to shoe salesmen slinging out medical advice like they know what they are talking about. Let's not take the epidemiologists word for it, it's just some massive plot by the govt. For what I'm still trying to figure out, not sure what is gained by telling people to wear a mask.

You know, some of the aforementioned guys were pretty spot-on. up

Re: What are people? [Re: Junbengreat] #7894229 07/08/20 03:18 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Do the dual filter respirators by 3M work? Asking for a friend

[Linked Image]
Re: What are people? [Re: Junbengreat] #7894236 07/08/20 03:22 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

I'm still waiting for the chain link fence mandate, to stop West Nile.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: What are people? [Re: MikeC] #7894239 07/08/20 03:25 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by MikeC
Had to go to Walmart Monday to pick up a prescription and as I was going in there was a man with 4 children entering just in front of me. None of them were wearing mask. When the woman at the door said that he should be wearing a mask,he flew into a cussing ti-raid about it was his choice. His choice I guess but personally I wouldn't put the children at risk.

Children under 10 are not "required" to wear a mask per king Abbott.

Re: What are people? [Re: Chopped54] #7894245 07/08/20 03:30 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C

Originally Posted by scientific stuff

On the basis of these preliminary findings, both surgical and N95 masks appear equally effective in preventing influenza dis- semination from patients with confirmed influenza. These find- ings support current guidelines regarding mask use by patients with acute influenza.

This journal was written July 15th, 2009, long before masks had been politicized.
CLICK HERE

From your article - " Surgical masks are not designed to prevent inhalation of airborne particles, and their ability to protect HCWs from disease acquisition varies. In contrast, N95 masks (termed respirators in the United States) are designed to reduce an individual’s exposure to airborne contaminants, including infectious viral or bacterial particles. Although N95 masks are designed to primarily protect the wearer from infection, they presumably also prevent transmission if fitted correctly on a patient at high risk of transmitting a virus."

So AGAIN - back to the SAME argument I've been making - that your scientific study PROVES the point I've been making - Surgical masks are not designed to protect the wearer - verbatim from the article. N95 masks - if and only if they're fitted and worn correctly (surprise - N95 masks out of a box are NOT fitted correctly) can offer some protection.

We won't even debate cloth face coverings because they are utterly useless and anyone with even half a functioning brain understands that.

The mask edicts are utterly useless - 1. People are wearing all different types of masks 2. Masks are not fitted correctly 3. The vast majority of people don't know how to correctly use, put on, and take off any type of PPE without cross contaminating themselves 4. There are several studies awaiting peer review that indicate the virus easily transverses the membranes in the eyes - which an untrained public is MUCH more likely to risk due to the fact that mask wearing sees an increase of face/mask touching plus the vast majority of people don't wear eye protection, let alone correct eye protection anyways 5. People get a false sense of security with a mask on and tend to forgo social distancing

IF we all had properly fitted PPE (N95s) and at least had SOME education on how to use it - masks would be effective. But we do not - and most people wear cloth face coverings - so no mask ordinance will help.

Fact is - wash your damn hands and stay out of my personal space and we'll all be fine.

Re: What are people? [Re: Cochise] #7894252 07/08/20 03:33 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

From your article - " Surgical masks are not designed to prevent inhalation of airborne particles, and their ability to protect HCWs from disease acquisition varies. In contrast, N95 masks (termed respirators in the United States) are designed to reduce an individual’s exposure to airborne contaminants, including infectious viral or bacterial particles. Although N95 masks are designed to primarily protect the wearer from infection, they presumably also prevent transmission if fitted correctly on a patient at high risk of transmitting a virus."

So AGAIN - back to the SAME argument I've been making - that your scientific study PROVES the point I've been making - Surgical masks are not designed to protect the wearer - verbatim from the article. N95 masks - if and only if they're fitted and worn correctly (surprise - N95 masks out of a box are NOT fitted correctly) can offer some protection.

But the children!!! lol

Re: What are people? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7894263 07/08/20 03:39 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P

Yep hiding from it does you no good IF you want to continue LIVING your life.....there are much worse diseases like diabetes that people go out of their way to come down with by eating bad and not exercising but they are scared to death of Covid...... the irony...

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: What are people? [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7894272 07/08/20 03:50 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

Yep hiding from it does you no good IF you want to continue LIVING your life.....there are much worse diseases like diabetes that people go out of their way to come down with by eating bad and not exercising but they are scared to death of Covid...... the irony...

Today's "mask guys", are yesterday's "shelter in place guys"......with no thoughts about tomorrow.

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 07/08/20 03:51 PM.
Re: What are people? [Re: Junbengreat] #7894273 07/08/20 03:51 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
There is a very good reason they call it "programming".

Re: What are people? [Re: Junbengreat] #7894274 07/08/20 03:51 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
it's real simple for me. if the business requires it I'll wear it, if not I won't. my liberties are good either way.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: What are people? [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7894282 07/08/20 03:57 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
it's real simple for me. if the business requires it I'll wear it, if not I won't. my liberties are good either way.

I agree, if I want to enter a business that requires it I will wear one. If my customers request it I will wear one. The most important part is still the hand sanitizer IMO. But if it makes someone feel good, and I want to enter the business/home, I will wear one.

I am still at a loss on how we were able to visit box stores with stock symbols in droves with no masks, and we were safe from CV19. lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide