Forums46
Topics537,942
Posts9,730,907
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: Texas buckeye] #7894024 07/08/20 12:41 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted by TCM3
[Linked Image]

I’m still waiting to hear T-Buckley’s answer to my question about that....crickets

I am sorry, I never saw a question directed at me...what was it again?

The same one you ignored twice before....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: NewGulf] #7894042 07/08/20 12:56 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/4...es-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

“Three W’s to ward off COVID-19:” wearing a mask, washing your hands, and watching your distance.

“Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will.” – Theodore Roosevelt

[Linked Image]
Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7894063 07/08/20 01:15 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/4...es-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

“Three W’s to ward off COVID-19:” wearing a mask, washing your hands, and watching your distance.

Be careful J.P. its a slippery slope on here. I've been beat to death for supporting ANYTHING which can help control the spread of this virus. I doubt the masses will ascend on you but they beat the &^%$#$ out of me. Stay strong!!!

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: NewGulf] #7894077 07/08/20 01:26 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
It seems like common sense to me. Don't shut down the economy, but do what you can to keep the virus from spreading.

“Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will.” – Theodore Roosevelt

[Linked Image]
Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7894084 07/08/20 01:32 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
It seems like common sense to me. Don't shut down the economy, but do what you can to keep the virus from spreading.

Nope, we need to spread the virus.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: NewGulf] #7894087 07/08/20 01:35 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Snake, I am sorry if I missed your questions directed at me, but I never saw any pointed questions to me about anything. The PM button works just fine, so if you really wanted to know something you could have PM'd me....

I will start a new thread about masks for legit information about the why we wear them. I get the idea you are asking about why masks are required when the virus is small and masks don't filter that small a unit size?

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: S.A. hunter] #7894089 07/08/20 01:37 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

We aren't spreqding it fast enough, the community antibody levels are still quite low. A spanish study showed community antibodies at 5%. I would guess we are around there or less in the US, with some hot pockets being higher.

Either way, we need it to be much higher before we talk about "herd immunity". Lots of time ahead for masks

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: Buzzsaw] #7894094 07/08/20 01:39 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I think if we have learned anything from this is that our system is not currently built to deal with a pandemic, from a knowledge stand point, but also more importantly being able to implement and enforce a solution, it can't even get people to do something as simple as wear a mask.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: NewGulf] #7894101 07/08/20 01:45 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
The one constant in this debacle is..."nobody knows".

Yesterday we were on an on-line meeting with our financial guy. He tested positive for the antibodies, but his wife and young daughters didn't. I say somebody screwed up. His doctor told him to be just as careful 'cause he could get it again.

I don't remember a time when there were so many theories spouted as facts. Everybody is guessing and it ain't Trump's fault.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: Texas buckeye] #7894105 07/08/20 01:46 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

We aren't spreqding it fast enough, the community antibody levels are still quite low. A spanish study showed community antibodies at 5%. I would guess we are around there or less in the US, with some hot pockets being higher.

Either way, we need it to be much higher before we talk about "herd immunity". Lots of time ahead for masks

This study says herd immunity unachievable...
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-antibodies-study-herd-immunity-unachievable-spain-2020-7

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: Texas buckeye] #7894107 07/08/20 01:47 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Yeah, I was disappointed the hear asymptomatics cant spread the virus.

Mortality rates will drop even more now that we are testing a wider number of age groups, and not just those at risk groups. We need to spread this chet, it has a lower mortality rate then the flu, and mainly targets the elderly. Protect the elderly and the rest of us need to get busy spreading it. The sooner the better

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: Guy] #7894109 07/08/20 01:47 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Guy
I think if we have learned anything from this is that our system is not currently built to deal with a pandemic, from a knowledge stand point, but also more importantly being able to implement and enforce a solution, it can't even get people to do something as simple as wear a mask.

IMO our government is ignoring history.......once the risk information is propagated to the public and it becomes comfortable with its understanding of the risk you must let the public decide from that point if they choose to take the risk.......and give up their liberty to do so..... I will make my own risk decision and I will only give up my Liberty if it makes logical sense to do so, not to please the mob.....

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7894117 07/08/20 01:50 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
Originally Posted by Guy

IMO our government is ignoring history.......once the risk information is propagated to the public and it becomes comfortable with its understanding of the risk you must let the public decide from that point if they choose to take the risk.......and give up their liberty to do so..... I will make my own risk decision and I will only give up my Liberty if it makes logical sense to do so, not to please the mob.....

Yep

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: Guy] #7894118 07/08/20 01:51 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Guy

This study says herd immunity unachievable...
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-antibodies-study-herd-immunity-unachievable-spain-2020-7

Then they need to explain Italy.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: Texas buckeye] #7894119 07/08/20 01:52 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
“I had no Intention of putting anyone in jail with this order”....governor abbott in response to the [censored] down order closing a salon in north Texas...

You can bet your hiney he has no intention of putting anyone in jail for not wearing a mask

But what about when you don't pay the $250 no-mask tax? I am sure there are plenty of revenue collectors who will throw some folks in jail for failure to pay the tax.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: S.A. hunter] #7894127 07/08/20 01:58 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J

And if that happens you will have sleepy Joe for prez. Write it down

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: Guy] #7894130 07/08/20 02:00 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by Guy

What we've learned from this is that if there is ever a legit threat to America we are not ready in the least. An EMP or something that took down the electrical grid, life as we know it would be over. This barely worse than flu virus has brought us to our knees in a few short months. If a real event were to occur we'd be toast.

[Linked Image]

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: Jasb] #7894132 07/08/20 02:01 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Jasb

Not trying to bring politics into the discussion.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: Jasb] #7894135 07/08/20 02:01 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Jasb

No way.....not a snowballs chance.......the stock market is the true story of who wins the election. If it starts to believe there is even a remote chance he beats trump.... The sell off will make what happened in March seem like a little bump in the road......

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: S.A. hunter] #7894152 07/08/20 02:18 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Guy

Italy did major lock down to stop the spread. A much more restricted lock down than US, and longer, they are just now reopening. And we will see how that goes. I really have no idea were this rona thing will go over the next year. I do not think we will know the full impact till spring 2021.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: Guy] #7894166 07/08/20 02:30 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by Guy

Italy did major lock down to stop the spread. A much more restricted lock down than US, and longer, they are just now reopening. And we will see how that goes. I really have no idea were this rona thing will go over the next year. I do not think we will know the full impact till spring 2021.

Have you been following this stuff?? Italy was the world's biggest dumpster fire when it comes to Corona virus.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: KRoyal] #7894214 07/08/20 03:07 PM
G
gtrich94 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted by KRoyal
Originally Posted by Guy

What we've learned from this is that if there is ever a legit threat to America we are not ready in the least. An EMP or something that took down the electrical grid, life as we know it would be over. This barely worse than flu virus has brought us to our knees in a few short months. If a real event were to occur we'd be toast.

What it did for me was reinforce my belief that the federal govt couldn't find it's !@#$ with both hands during any kind of emergency. We see it every year during hurricane season and every year, millions of people across the country are stunned that the feds can't get out of their own way or do anything quickly. Those of us that have been through multiple storms have seen FEMA first hand and know better.

Last edited by gtrich94; 07/08/20 03:24 PM.

Thanks,
Rich
Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: KRoyal] #7894224 07/08/20 03:14 PM
TCM3 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Guy

Thanks to The left.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: TCM3] #7894267 07/08/20 03:44 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by TCM3
Originally Posted by Guy

Thanks to The left.

What does political standing have anything to do with personal preparedness? I agree the country as a whole would be screwed if a large scale national disaster were to strike, but there would be plenty of people well prepared and ready to go.

Contrast that with any other country in the World, and you would see a frightening fact, the only countries ready for a large national disaster are probably China and ??? and thats only because they believe in the collective and would not mind starving personally to protect the nation.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: Texas buckeye] #7894269 07/08/20 03:47 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
[quote=TCM3]Contrast that with any other country in the World, and you would see a frightening fact, the only countries ready for a large national disaster are probably China and ??? and thats only because they believe in the collective and would not mind starving personally to protect the nation.

Not so much that they don't mind, it's just when people with guns tell you what you are going to do you do it or die lol.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide