Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: It's just a mask [Re: Marc K] #7888236 07/02/20 03:49 PM
O
outnumbered Offline
Tracker
Tracker
O
The MASK debate is no longer a debate. OSHA explains with science. WHY OSHA hasn’t come forward and stopped the nonsense and to cover 3 things:
• N95 masks and masks with exhale ports
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks
OSHA says some masks are okay and not okay in certain situations.
If you’re working with fumes and aerosol chemicals and you give your employees the wrong masks and they get sick, you can be sued.
• N95 masks: are designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breath straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to.
Conclusion: if you’re in Target and the guy with Covid has a N95 mask, his covid breath is unfiltered being exhaled into Target (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out).
• Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGGING these masks very, VERY quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask will render it “useless” IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it, YOU become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment.”
• Cloth masks: I can’t even believe I’m having to explain this, but here it goes. Today, three people pointed to their masks as they walked by me entering Lowe’s. They said “ya gotta wear your mask BRO” I said very clearly “those masks don’t work bro, in fact they MAKE you sicker” they “pshh’d” me. By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything. You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The one with sunflowers that looks so cute? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale, you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide. Cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best. It actually risks your health, rather than protect it. The moisture caught in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.
-Ultimate Answer:
*N95 blows the virus into the air from a contaminated person.
*The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. It’s filtration works on the exhale, (Like a vacuum bag, it only works one way) but likely stops after 20 minutes, rendering it useless outside of a STERILE ENVIRONMENT (correct Becky, they don’t work in a bar, not even a little bit).
*Cloth masks are WORSE than none. It’s equivalent to using a chain link fence to stop mosquitos.
The CDC wants us to keep wearing masks. The masks don’t work. They’re being used to provide false comfort and push forward a specific agenda. For the love of God, research each mask’s designed use and purpose, I bet you will find NONE are used in the way of “viral defense.”
Just like EVERY Flu season kids, wash your hands. Sanitize your hands. Don’t touch stuff. Sanitize your phone. Don’t touch people. And keep your distance. Why? Because your breath stinks, your deodorant is failing, your shoes are old and stink, that shirts not clean, & I like my space. Trust me I can hear you from here. Lots of reasons to keep your distance and work on body hygiene. But trust me, the masks do not work.
*Occupational Safety & Hazard Association sited.
The top American organization for safety.
They regulate and educate asbestos workers, surgical rooms, you name it.
I know, facts suck. They throw a wrench into the perfectly (seeming) packaged pill you are willingly swallowing. Facts make you have to form your OWN OPINION, instead of regurgitating someone else’s, and I know how uncomfortable that makes a lot of you. If your mask gives you security, by all means wear it. Just know it is a false sense of security and you shouldn’t shame anyone into partaking in such “conspiracies.”
If select politicians stopped enforcing it, no one would continue this nonsense.
(Take what you want from this...a believer or nonbeliever...but Do Not force others into your world)

Re: It's just a mask [Re: Marc K] #7888240 07/02/20 03:50 PM
G
Gravytrain Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Why can't everyone just agree with me and do things the way I want, then we can all just get along?

Upon us all, upon us all, a little rain must fall
Re: It's just a mask [Re: outnumbered] #7888243 07/02/20 03:51 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by outnumbered
The MASK debate is no longer a debate. OSHA explains with science. WHY OSHA hasn’t come forward and stopped the nonsense and to cover 3 things:
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks
If you’re working with fumes and aerosol chemicals and you give your employees the wrong masks and they get sick, you can be sued.
• N95 masks: are designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breath straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to.
Conclusion: if you’re in Target and the guy with Covid has a N95 mask, his covid breath is unfiltered being exhaled into Target (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out).
• Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGGING these masks very, VERY quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask will render it “useless” IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it, YOU become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment.”
• Cloth masks: I can’t even believe I’m having to explain this, but here it goes. Today, three people pointed to their masks as they walked by me entering Lowe’s. They said “ya gotta wear your mask BRO” I said very clearly “those masks don’t work bro, in fact they MAKE you sicker” they “pshh’d” me. By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything. You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The one with sunflowers that looks so cute? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale, you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide. Cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best. It actually risks your health, rather than protect it. The moisture caught in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.
-Ultimate Answer:
*The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. It’s filtration works on the exhale, (Like a vacuum bag, it only works one way) but likely stops after 20 minutes, rendering it useless outside of a STERILE ENVIRONMENT (correct Becky, they don’t work in a bar, not even a little bit).
*Cloth masks are WORSE than none. It’s equivalent to using a chain link fence to stop mosquitos.
The CDC wants us to keep wearing masks. The masks don’t work. They’re being used to provide false comfort and push forward a specific agenda. For the love of God, research each mask’s designed use and purpose, I bet you will find NONE are used in the way of “viral defense.”
Just like EVERY Flu season kids, wash your hands. Sanitize your hands. Don’t touch stuff. Sanitize your phone. Don’t touch people. And keep your distance. Why? Because your breath stinks, your deodorant is failing, your shoes are old and stink, that shirts not clean, & I like my space. Trust me I can hear you from here. Lots of reasons to keep your distance and work on body hygiene. But trust me, the masks do not work.
I know, facts suck. They throw a wrench into the perfectly (seeming) packaged pill you are willingly swallowing. Facts make you have to form your OWN OPINION, instead of regurgitating someone else’s, and I know how uncomfortable that makes a lot of you. If your mask gives you security, by all means wear it. Just know it is a false sense of security and you shouldn’t shame anyone into partaking in such “conspiracies.”
If select politicians stopped enforcing it, no one would continue this nonsense.
(Take what you want from this...a believer or nonbeliever...but Do Not force others into your world)

[Linked Image]

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: It's just a mask [Re: Marc K] #7888245 07/02/20 03:53 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I cannot believe that doctors still wear them considering how bad they help cause Covid. They need to get on here and listen to the pros.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: It's just a mask [Re: Marc K] #7888259 07/02/20 04:03 PM
J
jdk1985 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Ancient cultures knew the community was more important than the individual. Period. Read Aristotle, Plato/Socrates, the Bible, etc.

Modern western society only cares about one's self. Individualism. Egoism. Narcissism.

Masks are not about you. It's about caring for your community.

Instagram @justinkingwoodworking
Re: It's just a mask [Re: Simple Searcher] #7888261 07/02/20 04:04 PM
J
jdk1985 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
I cannot believe that doctors still wear them considering how bad they help cause Covid. They need to get on here and listen to the pros.

LOL

Last edited by jdk1985; 07/02/20 04:05 PM.

Instagram @justinkingwoodworking
Re: It's just a mask [Re: Marc K] #7888275 07/02/20 04:12 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
You guys reminded me of this.

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.”

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will save me.”

The floodwaters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No thank you! God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a canoe. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?”

Re: It's just a mask [Re: Marc K] #7888328 07/02/20 04:51 PM
O
outnumbered Offline
Tracker
Tracker
O
Don't let'em piss in your face and then convince you it's raining.

Re: It's just a mask [Re: outnumbered] #7888369 07/02/20 05:32 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by outnumbered
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks
-Ultimate Answer:

up I concur.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: It's just a mask [Re: Marc K] #7888380 07/02/20 05:44 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Test done with and without masks. I recommend reading the article.

https://fox6now.com/2020/06/30/doct...cks-respiratory-droplets-from-spreading/

[Linked Image]

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: It's just a mask [Re: dogcatcher] #7888392 07/02/20 06:00 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

[Linked Image]

This is a virus, not bacteria.......

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: It's just a mask [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7888402 07/02/20 06:13 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

[Linked Image]

Thanks for shareing. So this shows, if there was a mask on his face plus one on the dish at 2 feet it would have even less virus and a six feet all is well. Funny how cooperation works.

Re: It's just a mask [Re: hook_n_line] #7888405 07/02/20 06:15 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by hook_n_line

[Linked Image]

Thanks for shareing. So this shows, if there was a mask on his face plus one on the dish at 2 feet it would have even less virus and a six feet all is well. Funny how cooperation works.

No it doesn't. It shows bacteria, not virus.......also shows keep your distance and it's a mute point......

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: It's just a mask [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7888411 07/02/20 06:22 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H

[Linked Image]

No it doesn't. It shows bacteria, not virus.......also shows keep your distance and it's a mute point......

It shows droplets that carry virus or bacteria. 2ft with or without a mask is significant.

Last edited by hook_n_line; 07/02/20 06:26 PM.

Re: It's just a mask [Re: Marc K] #7888414 07/02/20 06:27 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
No that's an assumption on your part hook_n_line..........it's what it doesn't show and can't show that matters to people who think with their brain......

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: It's just a mask [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7888417 07/02/20 06:31 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
No that's an assumption on your part hook_n_line..........it's what it doesn't show and can't show that matters to people who think with their brain......

If you would use your brain you would know virus don't travel on their own. They need to be carried.

Last edited by hook_n_line; 07/02/20 06:31 PM.

Re: It's just a mask [Re: Marc K] #7888422 07/02/20 06:35 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Proof once again, some folks will argue with a fence post.

Everyone is entitled to their own personal safety preferences without input or question from others.
You do what you think best, I'll do what I think best.

I won't make the slightest attempt to force you to do what I think best. I won't call you names or belittle you for your decisions.

I'll be the guy wearing a mask to help protect my respiratory system for various reasons & activities, just one of the many instances will be around people I don't know in groups or enclosed places just due to this virus.

If you don't think it will help you or your loved ones, that is none of my business or concern.

If you're unable to return the same level of respect without argument, name calling & belittlement, that speaks volumes about you.

Re: It's just a mask [Re: Rustler] #7888451 07/02/20 07:01 PM
S
SherpaPhil Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Rustler
Proof once again, some folks will argue with a fence post.

Everyone is entitled to their own personal safety preferences without input or question from others.
You do what you think best, I'll do what I think best.

I won't make the slightest attempt to force you to do what I think best. I won't call you names or belittle you for your decisions.

I'll be the guy wearing a mask to help protect my respiratory system for various reasons & activities, just one of the many instances will be around people I don't know in groups or enclosed places just due to this virus.

If you don't think it will help you or your loved ones, that is none of my business or concern.

If you're unable to return the same level of respect without argument, name calling & belittlement, that speaks volumes about you.

That's all well and good, but wearing a mask does more to protect other people than it does yourself. The moron in a crowd not wearing a mask because he is taking a stand against big government isn't just risking his health, he is putting everyone he interacts with at risk.

A mask isn't a seatbelt or a helmet, it's a sneeze guard on a salad bar.

Re: It's just a mask [Re: Marc K] #7888455 07/02/20 07:04 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Question 1: Is the virus self propelled?
Question 2: Did you hear it has to travel in droplets?
Question 3: If the virus is self propelled how does it travel other than droplets from an infected person?

Now stand in front of a mirror like you're brushing your teeth and spit at it. If your sick it's on the mirror now.
Now put on a mask and do the same thing. If your sick it's in your mask but is there any on the mirror?
Now I'll stand in front of you. Would you rather I wear a mask or not wear a mask when I speak to you?

Social distancing guideline is 6 feet. If you are close enough for speak spit to get on your face you are not following guidelines. STAY BACK! STAY SAFE!

If you are wearing your mask you don’t have to worry about someone’s speak spit getting in your mouth. STAY BACK! STAY SAFE!
Masks don’t protect your eyes. STAY BACK! STAY SAFE!

If you just can’t control yourself and want to encroach on someone’s personal space, you might be reminded a little more aggressively to..... STAY BACK! STAY SAFE!

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: It's just a mask [Re: pegasaurus] #7888462 07/02/20 07:12 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by pegasaurus
Question 1: Is the virus self propelled?
Question 2: Did you hear it has to travel in droplets?
Question 3: If the virus is self propelled how does it travel other than droplets from an infected person?

Now stand in front of a mirror like you're brushing your teeth and spit at it. If your sick it's on the mirror now.
Now put on a mask and do the same thing. If your sick it's in your mask but is there any on the mirror?
Now I'll stand in front of you. Would you rather I wear a mask or not wear a mask when I speak to you?

Social distancing guideline is 6 feet. If you are close enough for speak spit to get on your face you are not following guidelines. STAY BACK! STAY SAFE!

If you are wearing your mask you don’t have to worry about someone’s speak spit getting in your mouth. STAY BACK! STAY SAFE!
Masks don’t protect your eyes. STAY BACK! STAY SAFE!

If you just can’t control yourself and want to encroach on someone’s personal space, you might be reminded a little more aggressively to..... STAY BACK! STAY SAFE!

STAY BACK! STAY SAFE! is what we train our folks to do along with how to wear a mask.

Some places don't allow 6 ft spacing so wear a mask or don't come in.
You wear a mask, it will protect my eyes because your droplets will get in your own eyes and if you're sick it doesn't matter. What matters is you didn't spread it.
You don't have to worry about me in your space because I'm smart enough to keep my distance. It's people who want to get in my face that I worry about.

Last edited by hook_n_line; 07/02/20 07:13 PM.

Re: It's just a mask [Re: Marc K] #7888474 07/02/20 07:21 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Originally Posted by SherpaPhil

That's all well and good, but wearing a mask does more to protect other people than it does yourself. The moron in a crowd not wearing a mask because he is taking a stand against big government isn't just risking his health, he is putting everyone he interacts with at risk.

A mask isn't a seatbelt or a helmet, it's a sneeze guard on a salad bar.

I can't and have no desire to control what other people chose to do.

The most prolific form of humans is the common moron or idiot.
If your goal in life is to define, point out and discuss the actions of morons & idiots you'll have no time left for anything else.
Doesn't matter where you live or where you go.
No matter how many people you know and what you think they think of you, a full half of them think you are an idiot, moron or worse.
They just won't say it to your face.

In this case if a mask isn't sufficient to protect myself I avoid the situation, I don't force my views on others.

No different than if I don't have the proper respiratory protection to sand, grind, spray paint or the like,,, if I don't have what I think is best, it doesn't get done until I do have what I feel is necessary.

I'm not calling anyone names for their choices or being who they are.

Re: It's just a mask [Re: Marc K] #7888482 07/02/20 07:27 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
You guys have a great 4th of July. If you see me wearing a mask when I pass you don't take offense it's just my way of showing respect in the times we are living now. Stay safe and be respectful. Peace to my brothers in arms who gave all to keep this country free and give people the right to express themselves the way they see fit.

Re: It's just a mask [Re: Marc K] #7888488 07/02/20 07:33 PM
G
Gravytrain Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Yeah I know, so many poor folks are getting confronted around the country for choosing to wear a mask, it's crazy out there. Give me a break.

Upon us all, upon us all, a little rain must fall
Re: It's just a mask [Re: Marc K] #7888509 07/02/20 07:55 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
The anti maskers just want to be left alone. They don’t care if you want to wear one. The maskers want to force their way on everyone else, just like the government is doing all the time. And now they want to act like victims as if they are the ones being told what to do, against their will. Boy if that ain’t ironic.

Re: It's just a mask [Re: Sneaky] #7888518 07/02/20 08:14 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Originally Posted by Sneaky
The anti maskers just want to be left alone. They don’t care if you want to wear one. The maskers want to force their way on everyone else, just like the government is doing all the time. And now they want to act like victims as if they are the ones being told what to do, against their will. Boy if that ain’t ironic.

Oh boy, more belittlement from the zealot green tooth crowd.

Not at all true, I & many others don't care what you chose to do.

Whether you wear one or don't wear one is none of my business and is not the governments place to regulate / require.
Recommend or suggest is fine, require, nope.
With the outrageous amount of litigation in this country you'd be an outright idiot to be a business owner that goes against Federal guidelines that protect you & your business from litigation.

Matter of fact I support your right to chose whatever you want to do.

Lumping everyone into a neat little box to fit a moronic narrative is status quo for the weak & insecure.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide