Print Thread
Good and bad news #7887263 07/01/20 06:42 PM
L
LarryCopper Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Two weeks ago my 20 yo daughter thought she had some allergies. Some sinus congestion and a dull headache for a day or two. The following Sunday we all loaded up and headed to Jamaica Beach outside Galveston for a week. Was a good time, too! During that time she noticed her senses of smell and taste didn't come back after her congestion cleared. Hmm, well, she hasn't been anywhere. She isn't that kid that has been out at parties and not being careful. I was kind of waiting to see if any of the rest of us came down with anything. We got back last Saturday and everyone has been fine. In fact her senses started coming back right before we came back.

She was scheduled to report back to the volleyball program at her college on July 6. The athletic department has a very specific plan for all the different programs and hers is no different. The head trainer spoke to her yesterday so she let her know what she had been through and that resulted in her being tested yesterday. It turns out she does in fact have the Rona. Her senses going away is a huge sign so we aren't all that shocked, but we are pretty surprised that the rest of us are showing no signs. There is a 0% chance we weren't exposed starting maybe 2 weeks ago, definitely in the truck 10 days ago. Since my 21 yo son works and can't from home, the doc insisted he get tested. His came back negative. Also a surprise.

My working theory is that my son got it a work since there was someone there that tested positive weeks ago. He was asymptomatic and gave it to her, which explains why he is now negative. That or she got it randomly and his test is a false negative, which apparently happens a lot with the rapid tests. Either way, if we get through the next couple of days my wife and I are in the clear. Most folks show symptoms after 5 days so I think we are OK, but by then I'll be a lot more confident. She may get tested tomorrow since she wants to know. Either way, we are staying at home for 10 days. Luckily I already had bought beer and a brisket for this weekend.

Silver lining... four of us most likely got it and only one of us even had mild symptoms. I'm kind of dragging arse more than normal, but I think it's just from post vacation recovery. It rained a lot so I spent a lot of time on the deck canal fishing, crabbing, and drinkin beer all day... then staying up too late followed by getting up early. I'm no young buck.

Re: Good and bad news [Re: LarryCopper] #7887287 07/01/20 07:07 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Sounds like y'all weren't one of the .03%, that is great news. Glad everyone is feeling good/better and sounds like your trip was a good time.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Good and bad news [Re: LarryCopper] #7887308 07/01/20 07:31 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I have heard for some the senses don’t come back. Let’s hope your daughters sense of smell and taste return. Would be a sucky life without those.

Re: Good and bad news [Re: LarryCopper] #7887326 07/01/20 07:49 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Glad it worked out for you.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Good and bad news [Re: Texas buckeye] #7887378 07/01/20 08:40 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
I have heard for some the senses don’t come back. Let’s hope your daughters sense of smell and taste return. Would be a sucky life without those.

Really!? Is this scientific evidence? Or did you get that from Cliff Claven?

Re: Good and bad news [Re: LarryCopper] #7887385 07/01/20 08:43 PM
S
swampthang Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Probably just a summer cold. I lose my sense of smell and taste also when I get a cold.

Re: Good and bad news [Re: LarryCopper] #7887387 07/01/20 08:44 PM
J
jhenderson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Had to get tested this morning so I’m stuck at home til I get results back. I personally think allergies but doctors are not chancing anything right now. Silver lining. 5 day weekend minimum and being in liquor sales on a holiday week I’ll take it.

Re: Good and bad news [Re: LarryCopper] #7887390 07/01/20 08:46 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
just the flu , right boys?????

right???????

hello??????? anybody out there???????

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Good and bad news [Re: jhenderson] #7887391 07/01/20 08:47 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by jhenderson
Had to get tested this morning so I’m stuck at home til I get results back. I personally think allergies but doctors are not chancing anything right now. Silver lining. 5 day weekend minimum and being in liquor sales on a holiday week I’ll take it.

Love a positive mental attitude.
cheers

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Good and bad news [Re: Buzzsaw] #7887402 07/01/20 08:57 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

right???????

Attitudes such as this can lead to binge eating. Look it up.

[Linked Image]

Re: Good and bad news [Re: bill oxner] #7887406 07/01/20 08:59 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Originally Posted by bill oxner

right???????

trout

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Good and bad news [Re: bill oxner] #7887408 07/01/20 09:01 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

right???????

Just "building people up". rolleyes

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Good and bad news [Re: Buzzsaw] #7887412 07/01/20 09:05 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

right???????

We are here! Just relax and start posting those wedding pics.

Re: Good and bad news [Re: LarryCopper] #7887440 07/01/20 09:22 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
I was theoretically exposed at work (I work at a hospital) a couple of weeks ago and have been getting tested every 3 days. Yesterday's test came back negative, as have all of the others, so I get to go back to a once a week testing schedule beginning next week. We do the oral swab, so it's not too intrusive. Beats walking around not knowing.

Silver spurs and gold tequila
keep me hanging on.
Pretty girls and old cantinas
give me shelter from the storm.
Re: Good and bad news [Re: NORML as can be] #7887454 07/01/20 09:27 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by NORML as can be

right???????

trout

he's right ya know up

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Good and bad news [Re: LarryCopper] #7887671 07/02/20 12:48 AM
T
tex70 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
T
This thread kinda hit home for me, waiting on results for my 21 yo daughter as we speak

Re: Good and bad news [Re: LarryCopper] #7887684 07/02/20 01:00 AM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Hope everyone comes through whatever it is/was. My wife is having a procedure Tuesday morning so she's waiting for them to schedule her Covid test tomorrow. She's only been out to the grocery store about once a week since mid-March. We've both been a little sluggish for the last week or so. Might get interesting.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Good and bad news [Re: swampthang] #7887884 07/02/20 06:16 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by swampthang
Probably just a summer cold. I lose my sense of smell and taste also when I get a cold.

She tested positive so not a cold. He said his wife might get tested, his daughter was positive. I have never lost senses with any illness.

My best friends wife woke up Monday with no taste or smell. Tested positive by that afternoon. Buddy and kids waited a day to get tested and negative. She is just very tired with no senses but that is it for now. She had knee surgery two weeks ago.

Re: Good and bad news [Re: LarryCopper] #7888206 07/02/20 03:25 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Getting rona and little to no symptoms is good news. Keep us posted how it goes.

Re: Good and bad news [Re: LarryCopper] #7888434 07/02/20 06:50 PM
L
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
I'm not a big tinfoil hat guy, but it dawned on me a while ago that college football programs have likely all come to the same decision - let it run through the team ASAP so they can play dumb and have their players hopefully immune. Lots of top programs have half or more of their rosters infected and you hear nothing about it on the news. Coaching staffs are not keeping them isolated to the point you have to wonder if they are promoting it. They're young and healthy... not much risk, why not!

Well, I may have to take that a step further. Although the doc told us to quarantine until 7/10, the team docs and trainers talked to her today and said since her symptoms have been gone for a week that she can report on 7/6. Basically, people are testing positive for a long time, weeks in some case, with no symptoms and they think they can't spread it. Uhhh, I have no medical degree, but how the hell does the test come back positive then? I think some other players' parents are about to blow up. She just told her teammates all about it this morning in a meeting. Her two roommates are both on the team. They're trying to get everyone through it... nothing to see here. I may need some tinfoil LOL.

Re: Good and bad news [Re: LarryCopper] #7888456 07/02/20 07:04 PM
S
swampthang Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
I personally dont put a lot of stock in those test anyway.I've heard so many stories of false positives/negatives I've kinda lost confidence.

Re: Good and bad news [Re: LarryCopper] #7892953 07/07/20 03:03 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Update? How is everyone? If you get it and asymptomatic, then recover, can they test to see if you ever had it?

Re: Good and bad news [Re: Guy] #7893062 07/07/20 04:47 PM
L
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by Guy
Update? How is everyone? If you get it and asymptomatic, then recover, can they test to see if you ever had it?

We're over two weeks from when we all rode in my truck for 5 hours while she just had her symptoms so pretty sure we're out of the woods. From what I've read, it can be a couple three weeks after you recover before the antibody test is even remotely accurate. My wife is going to give blood in a couple of weeks and they do an antibody test for that so we'll see.

Other than a couple of hard headed women it's all good. The mom of one of my daughter's roommates blew a gasket. I don't take it personally, her daughter just didn't tell her that it's been almost three weeks now and she is concerned. Little does she now her little princess has been all over the place going to parties and hanging out in big groups of people without telling her. It'll be a little poetic when her daughter tests positive (team testing was done yesterday) and has to be in quarantine for 14 days by herself in an isolated dorm room.

Also, for some reason my wife is convinced we didn't come into contact with it. She isn't normally that unreasonable but she's sticking to it. We were constantly around my daughter while she was mildly sick. A conservative number is that for every one person with symptoms there are 10 that don't. She just can't understand why our daughter would be the one with symptoms while us older folks didn't. Heck if I know, but that statistics and the way it spreads makes it a no brainer for me. We just were not the unlucky ones that get messed up by it. Now if I can just convince my wife of that... wife

On the plus side, we go another week to have my daughter in the house. It's was good to have her back for a while, even though I was young once and understand if she is chomping at the bit to get back to her life. She'll be reporting back on Friday.

Re: Good and bad news [Re: LarryCopper] #7893222 07/07/20 06:06 PM
L
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
In related news, college volleyball programs all over the country are trying to start back up this week so they're all testing their players. At one of the biggest universities in TX, 12/18 players tested positive. Not a single one has symptoms.

At another large one around DFW, enough tested positive that they sent everyone back home.

Interpret that as you may, but I don't see how any NCAA sports get off the ground this Fall unless they allow players to play at their own (extremely minimal) risk. But with the liability involved I don't see how that happens.

Re: Good and bad news [Re: LarryCopper] #7893234 07/07/20 06:11 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by LarryCopper
Originally Posted by Guy

We're over two weeks from when we all rode in my truck for 5 hours while she just had her symptoms so pretty sure we're out of the woods. From what I've read, it can be a couple three weeks after you recover before the antibody test is even remotely accurate. My wife is going to give blood in a couple of weeks and they do an antibody test for that so we'll see.

Other than a couple of hard headed women it's all good. The mom of one of my daughter's roommates blew a gasket. I don't take it personally, her daughter just didn't tell her that it's been almost three weeks now and she is concerned. Little does she now her little princess has been all over the place going to parties and hanging out in big groups of people without telling her. It'll be a little poetic when her daughter tests positive (team testing was done yesterday) and has to be in quarantine for 14 days by herself in an isolated dorm room.

Also, for some reason my wife is convinced we didn't come into contact with it. She isn't normally that unreasonable but she's sticking to it. We were constantly around my daughter while she was mildly sick. A conservative number is that for every one person with symptoms there are 10 that don't. She just can't understand why our daughter would be the one with symptoms while us older folks didn't. Heck if I know, but that statistics and the way it spreads makes it a no brainer for me. We just were not the unlucky ones that get messed up by it. Now if I can just convince my wife of that... wife

On the plus side, we go another week to have my daughter in the house. It's was good to have her back for a while, even though I was young once and understand if she is chomping at the bit to get back to her life. She'll be reporting back on Friday.

up

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide