Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Chopped54] #7885922 06/30/20 03:35 PM
G
Gravytrain Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Originally Posted by Chopped54
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Testing has exploded. Look at Texas’s death rate compared to every where else.

The amount of tests is not as important as the rate of positives from those tests. In order to be flattening we need to be under 5%. As a country we are on an upward trend at about 6.9% where as a state we are right at 15% from an all time low of 4.4% right at the end of lockdown.
Texas death rates look better which is promising, but hospitalization is way up which causation is more deaths. I would be interested in seeing the numbers in 2-3 weeks and curious to collateral fatality numbers.

How can you say that the amount of tests is not as important as the rate of positives?

The key numbers are:

Population

(over time)
Number tested
Number Positive

(over time and assumed covid but not positive broken out seperately)
Number that require any hospital stay
Number that require ICU
Number on ventilators
Number of deaths

Without all these numbers to compare two datasets, you can make the data say whatever you want.

Upon us all, upon us all, a little rain must fall
Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Gravytrain] #7885937 06/30/20 03:50 PM
C
Chopped54 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by Gravytrain
Originally Posted by Chopped54

Testing has exploded. Look at Texas’s death rate compared to every where else.

The amount of tests is not as important as the rate of positives from those tests. In order to be flattening we need to be under 5%. As a country we are on an upward trend at about 6.9% where as a state we are right at 15% from an all time low of 4.4% right at the end of lockdown.
Texas death rates look better which is promising, but hospitalization is way up which causation is more deaths. I would be interested in seeing the numbers in 2-3 weeks and curious to collateral fatality numbers.

How can you say that the amount of tests is not as important as the rate of positives?

The key numbers are:

Population

(over time)
Number tested
Number Positive

(over time and assumed covid but not positive broken out seperately)
Number that require any hospital stay
Number that require ICU
Number on ventilators
Number of deaths

Without all these numbers to compare two datasets, you can make the data say whatever you want.

What I meant was the amounts of new cases are dismissed due to the amount of tests being performed, so no in minute to minute updates it doesn't really matter. Of course in the grand scheme of things the amount of tests vs. the number of positive results will matter in concluding the widespread infection rate, but when trying to determine the current climate of the virus it doesn't matter as much as the positivity rate, which is a direct result of testing I suppose....

Wealth is of the heart and mind and not of the pocket
Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Texas buckeye] #7886062 06/30/20 05:30 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Texas buckeye] #7886068 06/30/20 05:34 PM
B
Bass&More Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
[Linked Image]

peep

Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Texas buckeye] #7886118 06/30/20 06:24 PM
G
Gravytrain Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
[Linked Image]

Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Texas buckeye] #7886141 06/30/20 07:06 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Heard something third hand this morning. A buddy’s landlord’s sister runs a minute clinic that was doing testing. At first she was doing the nasal swab tests, but now she refuses and only does blood bc of the way the nasal tests had to be sent off. She said that they required her to put 10 swans in 1 vile all together to ship with no protection between them. So basically if 1 of the swabs was positive then most or all of them were positive by the time they got there. Not real sure on how legit that is, but it seems like there are dozens of claims similar to that to debunk the numbers.

Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Bass&More] #7886145 06/30/20 07:12 PM
C
Cool Mo D Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by Bass&More
[Linked Image]

peep

Don't guess anyone will call in the FBI on this noose.

Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Texas buckeye] #7886151 06/30/20 07:19 PM
T
TDK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
I’m not saying it was released as a biological weapon, but won’t deny it could have been. We’ll never know. All you have to do is research Unit 731 to see what humans are capable of.

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Texas buckeye] #7886160 06/30/20 07:29 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Ramball36] #7886169 06/30/20 07:36 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Ramball36
She said that they required her to put 10 swans in 1 vile all together to ship with no protection between them.
Surely that's made up. That violates every basic rule of sample collection and processing known to man.

Silver spurs and gold tequila
keep me hanging on.
Pretty girls and old cantinas
give me shelter from the storm.
Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Texas buckeye] #7886185 06/30/20 07:50 PM
J
Judd Offline
#1 Creedmoor Fan
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Something else that will/has (I'm sure) is I know someone who tested positive and they've had 4 positive tests since they have been feeling better trying to get a negative so they can get back to work.

How are those situations accounted for? If I was a betting man, that's 5 positives when really it was just 1.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Judd] #7886194 06/30/20 07:57 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Judd
Something else that will/has (I'm sure) is I know someone who tested positive and they've had 4 positive tests since they have been feeling better trying to get a negative so they can get back to work.

How are those situations accounted for? If I was a betting man, that's 5 positives when really it was just 1.

According to a doctor in McKinney, yes. Each time they test they count it as a new positive in the test numbers..........he said one person could account for as much as 12 positive tests........hammer

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Texas buckeye] #7886219 06/30/20 08:22 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Scamdemic.

Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7886346 06/30/20 10:07 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
Originally Posted by Judd

According to a doctor in McKinney, yes. Each time they test they count it as a new positive in the test numbers..........he said one person could account for as much as 12 positive tests........hammer

We don't do that here. We have separate columns we report for total positives, new positives and repeat positives. For example we had 8 new positives yesterday and 1 repeat positive for a total of 9. But with that being said, I could see how easy it would be to manipulate the testing numbers if someone wanted to.

Silver spurs and gold tequila
keep me hanging on.
Pretty girls and old cantinas
give me shelter from the storm.
Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Texas buckeye] #7886391 06/30/20 10:57 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Tarrant cnty new cases have been at least 350 sometimes higher than 600 per day, but deaths have only gone up 6 since I started watching last week. That’s a pretty telling fact.

Hospital beds are still open and number of vents used is still very low. Until those number get close to capacity, nothing will change with the way tarrant cnty functions

Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Texas buckeye] #7886401 06/30/20 11:05 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Surprise.. you have been lied to. From. Day. 1.

Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Texas buckeye] #7886407 06/30/20 11:12 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
clap I tried to tell them.

Last edited by Tin Head; 06/30/20 11:13 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Texas buckeye] #7886415 06/30/20 11:20 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
And HCQ+Zinc is still the cure.

Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Mike W] #7886427 06/30/20 11:30 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Mike W

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...hloroquine-can-treat-or-prevent-covid-19
Praised by presidents as a potential miracle cure and dismissed by others as a deadly distraction, hydroxychloroquine was spared a seeming death blow last week. On 4 June, after critics challenged the data, The Lancet suddenly retracted a paper that had suggested the drug increased the death rate in COVID-19 patients, a finding that had stopped many clinical trials in their tracks. But now three large studies, two in people exposed to the virus and at risk of infection and the other in severely ill patients, show no benefit from the drug. Coming on top of earlier smaller trials with disappointing findings, the new results mean it’s time to move on, some scientists say, and end most of the trials still in progress.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: dogcatcher] #7886457 06/30/20 11:48 PM
G
Gravytrain Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

Praised by presidents as a potential miracle cure and dismissed by others as a deadly distraction, hydroxychloroquine was spared a seeming death blow last week. On 4 June, after critics challenged the data, The Lancet suddenly retracted a paper that had suggested the drug increased the death rate in COVID-19 patients, a finding that had stopped many clinical trials in their tracks. But now three large studies, two in people exposed to the virus and at risk of infection and the other in severely ill patients, show no benefit from the drug. Coming on top of earlier smaller trials with disappointing findings, the new results mean it’s time to move on, some scientists say, and end most of the trials still in progress.

I didn't find the word zinc one time in that article...If you catch this bug DC, make sure you get Zinc with your HCQ...oh and unless your chest muscles are completely fatigued, I'd try to stay off a vent and just get Oxygen...I'm not a doctor, as always, follow your doctor's advice

Last edited by Gravytrain; 06/30/20 11:51 PM.

Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: dogcatcher] #7886474 06/30/20 11:59 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

your webiste seems to be very anti Trump over the years. roflmao Just saying

[Linked Image]
Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7886615 07/01/20 02:13 AM
H
hogwart Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H

There is no 100% way to determine it was or wasn’t altered.

Back a couple of months ago I was doing some research on viruses and it occurred to me that if this were man made it would amount to the perfect crime.

First because only people at the top of scientific research into viruses would have the expertise to engineer such a thing. And second because they would be the ones people would look to for proof should it come to that, obviously no proof would ever be found.

I also realized that if it were man made or a hoax those same experts would always have a ready answer no matter how it turned out.
If fewer people died from it then predicted they could always say the measures taken worked even if there was never a new virus out there.

If more died then predicted they could say "we told you so"

Like others I don't know what to believe any more.

It does seem to me allowing the riots to continue defies all logic. How is it even possible for a mayor or Governor to think refunding the police at a time like this makes any sense?

The little I do know is this. China stands to loose a lot of money if Donald Trump succeeds in restarting the north American manufacturing industry. And a good many very large corporations would loose billions if not trillions of dollars as well.

I tend to think that Texas Dan may be right, there would be a 180 turn in events if Biden is elected in the fall. But if so, at what cost to Americans.

If that turned out to be the case, it would mean that the Democrats have put profit ahead of country and the welfare of the people.
I can't imagine what the long term would be like if that were true.

Do for yourself as much as you can, eat what nature provides as much as you can. This is the key to sleeping well and living long.
Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Tin Head] #7886632 07/01/20 02:34 AM
T
TLew Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Tin Head

your webiste seems to be very anti Trump over the years. roflmao Just saying

To be fair, he did say to inject disinfectants into your body. I could see how a science magazine would have problems with that.

Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Texas buckeye] #7886650 07/01/20 02:55 AM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P

Re: Not sure what to believe [Re: Texas buckeye] #7886764 07/01/20 10:38 AM
C
Chopped54 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Tarrant cnty new cases have been at least 350 sometimes higher than 600 per day, but deaths have only gone up 6 since I started watching last week. That’s a pretty telling fact.

Hospital beds are still open and number of vents used is still very low. Until those number get close to capacity, nothing will change with the way tarrant cnty functions

Yesterday Dallas county broke a record for number of single day deaths and over 600 new cases.
And rural hospitals are at capacity with little to no vents available......

Wealth is of the heart and mind and not of the pocket
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide