Originally Posted by Hancock
Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
Originally Posted by Jasb
Japan
Korea
Scotland
New Zealand
Australia

All beat it and have zero issues, most didn’t even lock down. Only difference between us and them, they had to wear masks. Facts suck

I looked up most of those. If that is accurate those are crazy numbers for sure.

Seriously doubt masks alone are responsible.

After a little reading it appears they all did some level of shutdown, schools, public events, etc.
Japan appears to have not tested much. Easy way to keep the numbers low is to not test much.

Last edited by Simple Searcher; 06/28/20 12:25 AM.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: Simple Searcher] #7883393 06/28/20 01:22 AM
H
Hirogen Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Hancock
Originally Posted by Jasb
Japan
Korea
Scotland
New Zealand
Australia

All beat it and have zero issues, most didn’t even lock down. Only difference between us and them, they had to wear masks. Facts suck

I looked up most of those. If that is accurate those are crazy numbers for sure.

Seriously doubt masks alone are responsible.

After a little reading it appears they all did some level of shutdown, schools, public events, etc.
Japan appears to have not tested much. Easy way to keep the numbers low is to not test much.

3 of them are islands as well which make controlling entry and exit a lot easier. US has thousands of land entry points from Mexico and Canada plus truck based cross border shipping and migrant workers never shut down. Korea might as well be an island as their only border is essentially closed. That initial ability to control entry and exit never really allowed the virus to gain much traction in those 4 countries. Not really sure why Scotland got off easy.

Last edited by Hirogen; 06/28/20 01:26 AM.

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: wp75169] #7883411 06/28/20 01:47 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I’m not surprised by the number of people that believe this virus is something to be scared of, but I am surprised by the number of people on this forum that believe it. I thought we were smarter than that.

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: wp75169] #7883423 06/28/20 02:03 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
A person in Phoenix, AZ posted this today on another forum.

Well, it's started in Phoenix. One of the major hospitals has had to move non CV patients to an adjoining children's hospital. They have converted one floor in the children's hospital to an adult ICU to free up ICU beds in the regular hospital. They are starting to ban elective surgeries in many hospitals. We are going to be a mini-NYC in a few weeks if people don't wise up and take social distancing seriously.

The fact that a full quarter of hospitalized CV patients in Phoenix right now are under 60 might make some impression on the people that are acting like the pandemic is over. Most of the new cases are in their 20s & 30s.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: wp75169] #7883471 06/28/20 03:04 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
So I should be scared?

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: Sneaky] #7883480 06/28/20 03:24 AM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Sneaky
So I should be scared?

No, you're an oak

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: wp75169] #7883488 06/28/20 03:30 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Yep. A live oak.

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: Sneaky] #7883501 06/28/20 04:07 AM
S
Smokey Bear Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I’m not surprised by the number of people that believe this virus is something to be scared of, but I am surprised by the number of people on this forum that believe it. I thought we were smarter than that.

Sneaky, I think it goes deeper than getting the virus. Most of us will recover from that. This second wave being a lot of younger average age cases likely means an even higher percentage will recover. It is the possibility of our healthcare facilities and professionals being overwhelmed. Last I heard 28% of the current ICU patients in Houston are covid cases. That is 28% above and beyond their normal case load, which also still need medical attention. All the other maladies the population normally needs treatment for at a hospital have not diminished, regardless of the capacity of patients that can be treated. I think the majority of us likely see what this virus does on an individual basis much the same as you do. It is the compounding affects on healthcare to the rest of the population and their assorted ailments and injuries that put the population at risk of not receiving the treatment they need that is creating the greatest concern. If that scenario manifests, as it did in New York, depending on how dire it gets, a growing percentage of illness and injury that previously would have required an intensive care stay at the hospital with a good prognosis for full recovery may become chronic or fatal. That in my opinion is what makes the growing covid hospitalizations like a snowball rolling down hill. Not until that threat began to look like a possibility did our governor consider throttling back the reopening of Texas. The fatality rate of the virus is not what Abbott is backing away from. It is the compounding effect on medical care not being able to meet the medical needs of the masses in the hotspot locations. The hotspots also appear to be the most densely populated areas. From what I gather Houston is currently of most concern.
The rural area I reside only has a countywide population of 14,000. We have had very few covid cases. Although for most of us it is still business as usual, covid is still having a dramatic affect on our economy. I don’t speak for anyone but me but I assure you, I am as anxious as any Texan to put this mess behind us. The framework to open things back up has already been laid out. Where we differ is I see the burden lies on the population altering their behavior in order to get back to wide open again. The price of being obstinate is costing more than the gain.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: wp75169] #7883507 06/28/20 04:20 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Covid isn’t affecting the economy near as much as the knee jerk reaction to it.

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: Sneaky] #7883510 06/28/20 04:28 AM
S
Smokey Bear Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

Tell that to my buddies in the oil patch that lost their jobs

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: Smokey Bear] #7883517 06/28/20 04:52 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear

How about my buddies since I work in the oilfield? The knee jerk reaction is what caused it. THAT is what shut down the economy.

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: Sneaky] #7883518 06/28/20 04:56 AM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

How about my buddies since I work in the oilfield? The knee jerk reaction is what caused it. THAT is what shut down the economy.
was more than knee jerk . Organized publicly since October of last year. Intentional.

Last edited by Tin Head; 06/28/20 04:58 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: Smokey Bear] #7883519 06/28/20 04:57 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler

Wrong person to quote on that but okay confused2

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: Sneaky] #7883524 06/28/20 05:19 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef

I guess Ol’ Smokey Bear was smoking some good [censored] and didn’t realize he was talking to Oil Field hands that lost their jobs as a direct result of this idiotic knee jerk shutdown BS, and that’s exactly what it is. Mr Smokey Bear just called some of us bullshiters for contradicting the mask narrative that we are being spoon fed regardless of what some of us have researched and learned from our own real life experiences in other countries during this scamdemic.

God help us.

There has never been more sheep in this Country.

Taking my kids to work at the ranch, yall take care.

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: wp75169] #7883560 06/28/20 11:48 AM
S
Smokey Bear Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I’m ready to do all we can to put it behind us. The countries that kicked it have been mask wearers. Real masks... it doesn’t take much to call bullish!t on saying otherwise. Until we are doing all we can do to get things opened back up, its just finger pointing that isn’t getting us any closer to opened back up than toilet paper. There are lots of places a mask makes no sense. There are also places that they make sense, and places that make sense not to go right now. The oilfield workers I know support doing everything that can be done to flip the switch sooner rather than later and I do too. In the countries with the most success controlling covid, the dumb people not social distancing or using PPE get beat with a stick till they get right. That won’t work here and what they’ve been doing in Houston isn’t working either.... instead we’re doing what we want and it doesn’t take much to size up that we’re moving in the wrong direction...
We want the same thing skinner. Pissing and moaning about politics hasn’t helped. If advocating doing what the only countries to beat this thing did fuzzes you up then get over it.

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: wp75169] #7883562 06/28/20 11:56 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Open it back up.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: bill oxner] #7883897 06/28/20 06:58 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I have always had a real respect for anything Smokey has to say and I think most on here do as well. His comments on hunting and firearms and anything else have always seemed right on to me. He is obviously very smart and he articulates his thoughts very well. He never gets all up tight and never throws insults at others. Basically, he has earned my respect, so when he speaks I listen. That does not mean that he is right and others are wrong because no one knows with certainty the answers. Im not willing to spend the time to constantly debate these issues but I will say that Im backing him in this one. Im all for opening it back up but I just think everyone still needs to be smart about the little things that are easy to do.

Last edited by freerange; 06/28/20 07:00 PM.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: wp75169] #7883905 06/28/20 07:15 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Very disappointed in the governor......there are few strong leaders anymore......I will not wear a mask unless I decide to and I will make that choice to go to that location that requires it.....all those in fear of this virus need to find peace accepting the fact we are all gonna get this......destroying the economy will do nothing to change this fact......we are going to have deaths and casualties like we do in every war and this is a war against this virus.......the only way short term to win is is herd immunity IMO........not herd/flock mentality because the mob/collective says so......

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7883911 06/28/20 07:20 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
Very disappointed in the governor......there are few strong leaders anymore......I will not wear a mask unless I decide to and I will make that choice to go to that location that requires it.....all those in fear of this virus need to find peace accepting the fact we are all gonna get this......destroying the economy will do nothing to change this fact......we are going to have deaths and casualties like we do in every war and this is a war against this virus.......the only way short term to win is is herd immunity IMO........not herd/flock mentality because the mob/collective says so......

100%

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: S.A. hunter] #7883930 06/28/20 07:32 PM
B
bucksnbass357 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

100%

Agreed

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: bucksnbass357] #7883943 06/28/20 07:39 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by bucksnbass357
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

100%

Agreed

I'd hoped he would have learned something from the first round about treating the rural areas the same as cities.

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: Smokey Bear] #7884035 06/28/20 09:16 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
I’m ready to do all we can to put it behind us. The countries that kicked it have been mask wearers. Real masks... it doesn’t take much to call bullish!t on saying otherwise. Until we are doing all we can do to get things opened back up, its just finger pointing that isn’t getting us any closer to opened back up than toilet paper. There are lots of places a mask makes no sense. There are also places that they make sense, and places that make sense not to go right now. The oilfield workers I know support doing everything that can be done to flip the switch sooner rather than later and I do too. In the countries with the most success controlling covid, the dumb people not social distancing or using PPE get beat with a stick till they get right. That won’t work here and what they’ve been doing in Houston isn’t working either.... instead we’re doing what we want and it doesn’t take much to size up that we’re moving in the wrong direction...
We want the same thing skinner. Pissing and moaning about politics hasn’t helped. If advocating doing what the only countries to beat this thing did fuzzes you up then get over it.

[Linked Image]

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: ndhunter] #7884044 06/28/20 09:22 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by ndhunter

[Linked Image]

Perception can vary.......we are heading the right direction.......they are delaying the inevitable the way I see it.........

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: wp75169] #7884052 06/28/20 09:27 PM
G
Gravytrain Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
I can't wait to vote for Abbot again, there's no way in the world I'm ever voting for a democrat, especially after what I've seen from their governors and local officials over the last 4 months.

Upon us all, upon us all, a little rain must fall
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: Gravytrain] #7884053 06/28/20 09:29 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Gravytrain
I can't wait to vote for Abbot again, there's no way in the world I'm ever voting for a democrat, especially after what I've seen from their governors and local officials over the last 4 months.

I would never vote democratic even though I am disappointed in his latest decision......

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide