Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Harris County called... [Re: pegasaurus] #7882817 06/27/20 11:17 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Glad I moved to Fort Bend county.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Harris County called... [Re: Ag Hunter 78] #7882883 06/27/20 12:50 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Ag Hunter 78
Hey Bubba. Which one has which opinion? Have their local hospitals started to get a big increase in virus hospitalizations yet? (That might change the perspective). Anyway, we better hope we don't have 3 or 4 New York City-like situations later this summer. Maybe that's what it would take for some people to see what this virus is capable of.

One member thinks it's like the common cold and we will all end up getting it? Based on a population of 320 million, depending on what the death rate would be (say 2% to 5% or so), we'd be looking at anywhere from 6 to 16 million of us that would say bye bye. Well, the Mrs and I are both in the older high risk group, so no thanks. I'll do what I can to be in the "never caught it" group and live to see great grandchildren. If we just go about "business as usual" and this thing infects millions, can you imagine what would happen to the economy as well? You can't have a healthy economy without having a healthy populace! I have seen some reports that about 15% that get the virus need to be hospitalized. That's almost 49 million folks. If that happens in a time span of months versus years, it will wreck the health care system and the health care workers...they can only take so much. That whole notion that we will all get it would be no bueno!

All of your "facts" are several months old and proven to be wrong.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Harris County called... [Re: pegasaurus] #7882888 06/27/20 12:54 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Harris County called... [Re: Ag Hunter 78] #7882892 06/27/20 12:58 PM
texasag93 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Hey Bubba. Which one has which opinion? Have their local hospitals started to get a big increase in virus hospitalizations yet? (That might change the perspective). Anyway, we better hope we don't have 3 or 4 New York City-like situations later this summer. Maybe that's what it would take for some people to see what this virus is capable of.

One member thinks it's like the common cold and we will all end up getting it? Based on a population of 320 million, depending on what the death rate would be (say 2% to 5% or so), we'd be looking at anywhere from 6 to 16 million of us that would say bye bye. Well, the Mrs and I are both in the older high risk group, so no thanks. I'll do what I can to be in the "never caught it" group and live to see great grandchildren. If we just go about "business as usual" and this thing infects millions, can you imagine what would happen to the economy as well? You can't have a healthy economy without having a healthy populace! I have seen some reports that about 15% that get the virus need to be hospitalized. That's almost 49 million folks. If that happens in a time span of months versus years, it will wreck the health care system and the health care workers...they can only take so much. That whole notion that we will all get it would be no bueno!

Where are you getting a death rate of 2-5%?

Re: Harris County called... [Re: pegasaurus] #7882899 06/27/20 01:10 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Got that stupid text last night

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Harris County called... [Re: Tin Head] #7882901 06/27/20 01:13 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Tin Head
Originally Posted by TCM3
yingyang Covid National death rate:

126,924 is 5.0538075% of 2,511,453 cases
Looked up the average number of good old fashioned Flu deaths out of confirmed diagnoses, ranges from 8 to 15%...
OPEN IT UP, Let it run its course..

dem mayors made it worse by putting the sick in retirement homes. cuomo

That should be criminal

Re: Harris County called... [Re: Sneaky] #7882902 06/27/20 01:13 PM
R
rolyat.nosaj Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
R
I have several family members in Houston (sister and her family, brother and his family, and our oldest daughter with her family), so I guess I am in the minority and taking this a lot more seriously than a lot of you. My brother does security and cable installations, so he has a chance to be exposed on a daily basis. I also have a sister and niece in South Carolina who are both nurses, so I know from what they tell me that this virus and what it can do is very real.

You can't really go by the number of deaths in Harris County right now because of the lag time. You have a spike in confirmed cases, but then it takes a couple of weeks or so to see the increase in hospitalizations, and then you have another lag where you see the spike in the number of deaths. None of my family in Houston are in the medical profession, but if some of you have family or friends in medicine in one of our major cities (Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, etc.) ask them to give you updates and the real story.

So far my wife has a cousin whose aunt succumbed to the virus and that aunt's son is in intensive care and fighting for his life. I hope that none of you get really sick or have family or friends that get really sick, or heaven forbid, die, before you take this virus seriously.

Sorry Ag Hunter 78 that you are getting ganged up on by some of these misfits but you make a really good point. Listen to what the professionals are telling you and don't put to much weight on what some guy on a hunting forum is telling you.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Actually, I do have family members in major TX cities who are in the medical field. A sister who is a firefighter/paramed, and the other, a well respected Dr. Interestingly, they are on opposite sides of this issue. One tells us that we need to wear masks, stay home, don't go out, the world is ending! The other is of the opinion that every one of us will eventually get it, just like the common cold, and all this hysteria is just postponing the inevitable, and is also wrecking the economy to boot for no good reason. So, which family member do you think I should listen to?

I think I’d listen to the one that is not a complete dumbazz, the first one. BTW, nice way of commenting with no bias…see how there was 'no' sarcasm there?

Originally Posted by 2Beez
I cannot count on fingers and toes how many houses I have seen before this scamdemic hit. I am still not that worried about it and no I will not wear a mask....

Another macho man!

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I’m no macho man. I just have better things to concern myself with than the flu.

Another macho man and a dumbazz.

Re: Harris County called... [Re: pegasaurus] #7882911 06/27/20 01:24 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
How do the shutdown supporters get their groceries, mail, deliveries, power, gas, water, sewer, etc...? Oh, someone else puts themselves at risk for them. clap Thank you to the truck drivers, delivery, public works, LEOs, Firemen, grocery store workers and all for keeping things running.

It's simple, stay home if you are vulnerable or worried about it. Let the rest of us keep things going and do what we do.

Re: Harris County called... [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #7882915 06/27/20 01:26 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
I have several family members in Houston (sister and her family, brother and his family, and our oldest daughter with her family), so I guess I am in the minority and taking this a lot more seriously than a lot of you. My brother does security and cable installations, so he has a chance to be exposed on a daily basis. I also have a sister and niece in South Carolina who are both nurses, so I know from what they tell me that this virus and what it can do is very real.

You can't really go by the number of deaths in Harris County right now because of the lag time. You have a spike in confirmed cases, but then it takes a couple of weeks or so to see the increase in hospitalizations, and then you have another lag where you see the spike in the number of deaths. None of my family in Houston are in the medical profession, but if some of you have family or friends in medicine in one of our major cities (Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, etc.) ask them to give you updates and the real story.

So far my wife has a cousin whose aunt succumbed to the virus and that aunt's son is in intensive care and fighting for his life. I hope that none of you get really sick or have family or friends that get really sick, or heaven forbid, die, before you take this virus seriously.

Sorry Ag Hunter 78 that you are getting ganged up on by some of these misfits but you make a really good point. Listen to what the professionals are telling you and don't put to much weight on what some guy on a hunting forum is telling you.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Actually, I do have family members in major TX cities who are in the medical field. A sister who is a firefighter/paramed, and the other, a well respected Dr. Interestingly, they are on opposite sides of this issue. One tells us that we need to wear masks, stay home, don't go out, the world is ending! The other is of the opinion that every one of us will eventually get it, just like the common cold, and all this hysteria is just postponing the inevitable, and is also wrecking the economy to boot for no good reason. So, which family member do you think I should listen to?

I think I’d listen to the one that is not a complete dumbazz, the first one. BTW, nice way of commenting with no bias…see how there was 'no' sarcasm there?

Originally Posted by 2Beez
I cannot count on fingers and toes how many houses I have seen before this scamdemic hit. I am still not that worried about it and no I will not wear a mask....

Another macho man!

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I’m no macho man. I just have better things to concern myself with than the flu.

Another macho man and a dumbazz.

I’ve up to I think 5 friends that have tested positive, 4 out of 5 are asymptotic, the other one said flu was worse. With that said all 5 are under 50 and exercise regularly with no underlying issues.

The virus should be a health wake up call. If you need a reason to loose weight and get in better health, no time better then now, the virus isn’t going away, and will continue to be harsh on ones that give it a fragile host

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Harris County called... [Re: Paluxy] #7882920 06/27/20 01:37 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Hancock
How do the shutdown supporters get their groceries, mail, deliveries, power, gas, water, sewer, etc...? Oh, someone else puts themselves at risk for them. clap Thank you to the truck drivers, delivery, public works, LEOs, Firemen, grocery store workers and all for keeping things running.

It's simple, stay home if you are vulnerable or worried about it. Let the rest of us keep things going and do what we do.

happy3 flag happy3

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
(R-TX)
Re: Harris County called... [Re: TCM3] #7882937 06/27/20 02:12 PM
B
bucksnbass357 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Hancock

happy3 flag happy3

This for sure

If someone is so convinced that masks work, then wear one and quit worrying about whether or not others do

The false narratives around this Covid mess are just mind boggling

Re: Harris County called... [Re: pegasaurus] #7883074 06/27/20 05:42 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Welp...
[Linked Image]

(R-TX)
Re: Harris County called... [Re: TCM3] #7883083 06/27/20 05:51 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Welp...
[Linked Image]

I would bet your audio/visual, and your music, is much better than our church. Watching on line is nothing but frustration for me. I try to stay in the right spirit, but all I hear is the audio dropping out completely sometimes and, when it's not, the organist/pianist/"Music Director" BANGING and either dragging or rushing incredibly. For some reason it's not as bad in person, probably 'cause I can't rant and rave like I can at the TV.

'Hope things get back to normal very soon.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Harris County called... [Re: pegasaurus] #7883086 06/27/20 05:52 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
We pull it up on our Firestick, almost like being be there, but never in place of.

(R-TX)
Re: Harris County called... [Re: pegasaurus] #7883138 06/27/20 07:30 PM
A
Ag Hunter 78 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Texag93: I am getting the numbers from the CDC website, which is an agency of the current administration. https://www.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases
Based on their current numbers, 124,325 deaths divided by 2,414,870 confirmed cases gives you about 5.14%. There’s no telling what the exact rate is, so I underestimated with 5% being the top end.

Tin Head: You state that “democratic mayors made it worse by putting the sick in retirement homes.” Seriously? From personal experience, it was the family that decided my grandfather, my father-in-law, and mom would be better off in a rest home because we could not provide the necessary health care 24/7. No mayor or other government official told us we had to do it. Where are you getting this idea?

Hancock: You are assuming I am a shutdown supporter?...huge assumption on your part. All I have said is that we should wear masks and follow medical experts’ advice. I get my own groceries, go to the post office, get lumber from Lowe's, etc. I have nothing delivered to the house except occasional stuff from Amazon, which I can't pick up myself. I pay attention to the science and use common sense. Masks (the good ones) work. It’s to protect others more than just yourself. Why do you think surgeons wear masks when they operate? If I was about to get some type of surgery and I see that none of the nurses or doctors are wearing masks, I think I’d find a different hospital!

I see this kind of like seat belts. It bugged me at first but after a while it just became a habit and no big deal. The science said it was for my own good. Several years ago I totaled my car and the seat belt saved my bacon. I don’t know why this has become a political issue instead of a public health one. I am using common sense and following the medical advice. Just because I wear one at the store, etc. doesn’t mean that I am being controlled by the government. I am following the advice and example of the medical experts, not the example of some yoyo that suggests I should inject myself with disinfectant or shove a light down my throat or up my butt.

Some of you act like wearing a mask is like dragging a 200-pound ball and chain around or that wearing a mask makes you a wimp or sissy. All I know is that when I get home after wearing a mask, I can still bang my wife as well as I could back before all this mess when the only people that wore masks were bank robbers.

Several have stated that they or some family member or friend had it and it was no worse than the flu. That’s great. Well, guess what? You are just confirming the statistics. Most will not be adversely affected. With the lack of testing and other factors, it’s tough to get exact figures like the hospitalization rate. I mentioned 15%, but that might be what it is for the older at-risk folks. Like several have reported, those infected recovered just fine. But don’t let that lull you into a false sense of security. There’s still so much we don’t know. There have been cases where people recovered, but are having issues with blood clots, lung scarring, kidney issues, etc. that could end up being long-term consequences.

I have seen the videos of nurses and doctors who are totally worn out and mentally fatigued from seeing people die from this virus. Wake up. Those videos are real, not staged fake news. I hope those videos don’t start being from Texas doctors and nurses, but at the rate we are going, they probably will be. So I wear a mask in consideration of them to not add to their workload. I am not telling you what to do, but like I said before, I pray that it doesn’t take a family member, relative, or friend ending up in the hospital or morgue for you to take this more seriously.

Last edited by Ag Hunter 78; 06/27/20 09:13 PM.

No prayer in school....What's next, no thinking in church?
It's not just about pie in the sky when you die. It's also about steak on your plate while you wait!
Re: Harris County called... [Re: pegasaurus] #7883185 06/27/20 08:41 PM
L
Longhunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
Next thing you know they will shut down the whore houses again.

Longhunter >>>-------> Make It Count!!!<><

Re: Harris County called... [Re: Longhunter] #7883276 06/27/20 10:47 PM
glens Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Longhunter

geekfreak

Re: Harris County called... [Re: glens] #7883289 06/27/20 11:07 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by glens

geekfreak

I thought it was a place to buy cheap eggs. cheers

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Harris County called... [Re: Longhunter] #7883291 06/27/20 11:08 PM
J
jetdad Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

Again? Where are the houses you speak of? Asking for a friend.

Re: Harris County called... [Re: jetdad] #7883317 06/27/20 11:44 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by jetdad

Again? Where are the houses you speak of? Asking for a friend.

They made a Broadway play and a movie based on it. Look it up.

[Linked Image]

Re: Harris County called... [Re: TCM3] #7883350 06/28/20 12:37 AM
P
pegasaurus Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P
yingyang Covid National death rate:

126,924 is 5.0538075% of 2,511,453 cases
Looked up the average number of good old fashioned Flu deaths out of confirmed diagnoses, ranges from 8 to 15%...
OPEN IT UP, Let it run its course..

And

124,924 is 0.0395401869159% of 321,000,000 people in this country

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Harris County called... [Re: pegasaurus] #7883371 06/28/20 12:55 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
All the more reason to Open It UP

(R-TX)
Re: Harris County called... [Re: Longhunter] #7883720 06/28/20 03:29 PM
R
rickym Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

So...your house?

Re: Harris County called... [Re: pegasaurus] #7883738 06/28/20 03:52 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Bexar county sent the same thing out last night.

Re: Harris County called... [Re: Ag Hunter 78] #7883790 06/28/20 05:20 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U

The Dr is of the opinion that we will all get it eventually regardless of the precautions taken. The Dr refers to the R1 factor of the virus...or something like that (I'm not a Dr). In laymens terms, it is highly contagious, very much like the common cold. Also, the death rate is more like .02%. I don't feel like looking up the numbers...and besides, depends on who is reporting it, you will get a wide range of numbers. Now, the Dr is not saying don't take precautions. The Dr is suggesting people social distance, suggesting hand washing, hand sanitizer, sick people staying at home, etc. But also understands that forcing the economy to shut down will kill just as many people if not more. You have starvation, depression, suicide, domestic violence, etc. to deal with, and when people are out of work and down on their luck, all of those are exasperated. The Battalion chief firefighter/Paramedic, is following the guidelines set about but the City and state government, and in my opinion is getting thier opinons based on that, and not medical evidence.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide