Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: wp75169] #7882526 06/27/20 12:25 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
roflmao

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: Cochise] #7882541 06/27/20 12:43 AM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Cochise
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
You guys are killing me. So locked up by trying to blame sh!t on people none of us like anyway, you appear to have lost sight of mitigating the problem at hand.

Because there is no friggin problem to mitigate!

What friggen planet do you live on Cochise? I am damn sure not ready for another lockdown. Weathering the first one stretched a lot of good businesses and citizens to the limit. Another one will financially break some of them. That is a problem to me. The way we keep texas up and running is to stop the big spike taking place. The citizens will dictate whether we succeed or fail. Blaming sh!t on liberals will have zero impact on the spike. Toilet paper and purell did not prove to be a silver bullet. This forums sphere of influence is Texas. It is a bright red state. The dems don’t have a dogs chance of taking Texas and our Republican governor is closely following the lead of our Republican President in the White House. I don’t think I missed the mark much.

Last edited by Smokey Bear; 06/27/20 12:50 AM.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: wp75169] #7882542 06/27/20 12:46 AM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
There can’t be a one size fits all approach for the state. We are bigger than small countries and there needs to be different standards for different cities/counties. Abbott should make sure the cities/counties can go full moron and arrest people but what works in Harris, Travis, or Dallas county wont be the same for west Texas. We are failing at a one size fits all model.

Last edited by krmitchell; 06/27/20 01:24 AM.
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: krmitchell] #7882552 06/27/20 01:02 AM
S
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by krmitchell
There can’t be a one size fits all approach for the state. We are bigger than small countries and there need to be different standards for different cities/counties. Abbott should make sure the cities/counties can go full moron and arrest people but what works in Harris, Travis, or Dallas county wont be the same for west Texas. We are failing at a one size fits all model.

Well said krmitchell. The county I reside in has 5 active cases. We have had two small waves of corona. One shortly after Easter. The other shortly after Memorial Day. Both holidays our town was packed with people coming up to the lake from the Houston area. Both Holidays they brought covid to our community. It seems that being socially responsible is utterly foreign to a portion of our population and the rest of us are stuck With the consequences.

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: wp75169] #7882567 06/27/20 01:15 AM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
You can delay nature at times, but you cannot stop nature. If this pandemic is legit, it’s going to do what it does. Now or later.

Proverbs 2
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: Sniper.270] #7882583 06/27/20 01:28 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
That is quotable. up

Originally Posted by Sniper.270
You can delay nature at times, but you cannot stop nature. If this pandemic is legit, it’s going to do what it does. Now or later.

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: wp75169] #7882604 06/27/20 02:02 AM
T
TLew Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
T
All I know is that eventually we will have a day when history tells us something. That history may not be true for everyone, but pretty sure there are going to be a lot of "I told you so's" whichever side is right.

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: wp75169] #7882630 06/27/20 02:26 AM
G
Gravytrain Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
I can't wait for the media to credit Abbot and Trump for saving all these lives! coach

Last edited by Gravytrain; 06/27/20 02:27 AM.

Upon us all, upon us all, a little rain must fall
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: Smokey Bear] #7882640 06/27/20 02:31 AM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
You guys are killing me. So locked up by trying to blame sh!t on people none of us like anyway, you appear to have lost sight of mitigating the problem at hand.

What friggen planet do you live on Cochise? I am damn sure not ready for another lockdown. Weathering the first one stretched a lot of good businesses and citizens to the limit. Another one will financially break some of them. That is a problem to me. The way we keep texas up and running is to stop the big spike taking place. The citizens will dictate whether we succeed or fail. Blaming sh!t on liberals will have zero impact on the spike. Toilet paper and purell did not prove to be a silver bullet. This forums sphere of influence is Texas. It is a bright red state. The dems don’t have a dogs chance of taking Texas and our Republican governor is closely following the lead of our Republican President in the White House. I don’t think I missed the mark much.

I live on the planet where a bunch of over hyped junked science got everyone’s attention including my own - that this was the big one - that was going to infect 60% of the globe and have a fatality rate of +5%

Guess what? It’s not. It is extremely similar to the flu in transmissibility and mortality rate. If you are scared you are absolutely more than welcome to stay in your home. I for one - will not be financially ruined or controlled by an overbearing overreaching government - regardless of the leanings of their party.

I will also not be a part of parroting a false narrative (which I am guilty of eating up in the early stages) that hospitals are being overwhelmed - hospitals/ICUs are at similar levels as they are at any given time during any non COVID year.

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: Cochise] #7882645 06/27/20 02:37 AM
B
bucksnbass357 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
That is quotable. up

I live on the planet where a bunch of over hyped junked science got everyone’s attention including my own - that this was the big one - that was going to infect 60% of the globe and have a fatality rate of +5%

Guess what? It’s not. It is extremely similar to the flu in transmissibility and mortality rate. If you are scared you are absolutely more than welcome to stay in your home. I for one - will not be financially ruined or controlled by an overbearing overreaching government - regardless of the leanings of their party.

I will also not be a part of parroting a false narrative (which I am guilty of eating up in the early stages) that hospitals are being overwhelmed - hospitals/ICUs are at similar levels as they are at any given time during any non COVID year.

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: wp75169] #7882647 06/27/20 02:39 AM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
For those who want us shut down and to all wear masks, how long do you think we should stay shutdown? Until it goes away? The flatten the curve BS is just that, a bunch of BS. If you want to flatten the curve and keep cases low then we are going to stay shutdown for the rest of the time the world has left. All the small businesses that scraped by the first shutdown may be done with another.

I just fail to see, as I did the first time, how shutting stuff down isn't just going to prolong this and in the end the people that are going to get it do anyways.

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: Gravytrain] #7882653 06/27/20 02:42 AM
S
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Gravytrain
I can't wait for the media to credit Abbot and Trump for saving all these lives! coach

Good luck with that.

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
That is quotable. up

Delaying nature to maintain adequate healthcare for the cumulative maladies of our population is our state and national strategy. That is what has been driving the stinking shutdowns from the start. It is what the population is going to have to do for themselves to avert another shutdown. It’s difficult for me to grasp how few seem to see that. Tying up our hospitals rather than the fatality rate is creating the hurdle we are stumbling on in Texas. Especially this second wave where many of the patients are young adults and an even higher percentage will recover.

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: Smokey Bear] #7882659 06/27/20 02:47 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

Is that you Buzz? How is the wedding going?

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: wp75169] #7882667 06/27/20 02:52 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Abilene City Manager said they won't enforce Abbot's new shutdown, he said he expected businesses to use common sense.

UPDATE: City issues statement to clarify enforcement of new order: "The city of Abilene never intended to disregard the governor’s executive order, or support any kind of action by citizens or business owners in contradiction to the executive order."
"We encourage all business owners and citizens to use common sense, and to follow the governor's executive orders to the extent they can," City Manager Robert Hanna wrote.

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: wp75169] #7882849 06/27/20 12:27 PM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
This flatten the curve mentality is keeping my mommy secluded in her condo. Rip it off. Let's get by it.

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: wp75169] #7883238 06/27/20 09:59 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
You know this spike is related the Floyd Funeral in Houston. 2cents

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: NORML as can be] #7883246 06/27/20 10:06 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by NORML as can be

would not doubt it at all... But of course the News is spinning it as the Conservative states opened too soon...

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: NORML as can be] #7883248 06/27/20 10:10 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

We were just tryin' to watch that darn Lethal Weapon marathon on AMC and a screen pops up about AMC's policy regarding "systemic racism". I'm already so sick of the term I could puke. And, in this day and age, in my humble opinion, THIS is made up.

Also today I get an email from Baylor, even though the one daughter graduated over a decade ago, and, I've unsubscribed about 50 times. A very long palaver about how they know that all the university's founders were slave holders, yada, yada; how they're gonna have conversations about injustice, committees appointed, etc., etcetera. It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world.

Weren't all these "conversations" supposed to be in history class? Wasn't anybody paying attention? Reality, and history are messy, and bloody, and many times inhumane. Grow the hell up people.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: wp75169] #7883250 06/27/20 10:11 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Wouldn't surprise me if a leftwing loon is out there spreading it

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: TCM3] #7883251 06/27/20 10:12 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Originally Posted by TCM3

would not doubt it at all... But of course the News is spinning it as the Conservative states opened too soon...

People came from Everywhere to be there then went back to where they came from to spread the love.

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: Jasb] #7883269 06/27/20 10:42 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Jasb
Japan
Korea
Scotland
New Zealand
Australia

All beat it and have zero issues, most didn’t even lock down. Only difference between us and them, they had to wear masks. Facts suck

I looked up most of those. If that is accurate those are crazy numbers for sure.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: Simple Searcher] #7883296 06/27/20 11:15 PM
S
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
Japan
Korea
Scotland
New Zealand
Australia

All beat it and have zero issues, most didn’t even lock down. Only difference between us and them, they had to wear masks. Facts suck

I looked up most of those. If that is accurate those are crazy numbers for sure.

Yep. If you want to know what works, look at what garnered results and all the bullish!ters get eliminated.

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: Simple Searcher] #7883303 06/27/20 11:28 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
Japan
Korea
Scotland
New Zealand
Australia

Seriously doubt masks alone are responsible.

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: wp75169] #7883305 06/27/20 11:30 PM
B
bucksnbass357 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
[img]http://[/img][Linked Image]

Re: Abbot just throttled us back. [Re: wp75169] #7883308 06/27/20 11:31 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity