Forums46
Topics537,039
Posts9,719,707
Members86,989
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: Stub] #7877132 06/21/20 11:44 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Dam u trapper.

Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: Stub] #7877151 06/22/20 12:03 AM
R
RGLass Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
F...Favre and the NFL!

Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: Stub] #7877165 06/22/20 12:14 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
He's free to protest whatever he wants, but to put his name in the same sentence as Pat Tillman is a disgrace and it's beyond asinine. Tillman voluntarily walked away from a very relevant and lucrative career to serve his country. The other clown didn't walk away from his career, it walked away from him. The only thing that POS voluntarily walked away from were contract offers that would have paid less money than he wanted. That's not in the same universe as Tillman.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: Stub] #7877170 06/22/20 12:17 AM
R
RGLass Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
I re-interate. SCREW Favre and the NFL!

Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: Stub] #7877177 06/22/20 12:23 AM
A
angus1956 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
A
Said it before, I'm done with the National Felony League.

Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: pegasaurus] #7877186 06/22/20 12:27 AM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by pegasaurus
Here is the problem. Too many people think THEY can decide what grievances another person should or should not be allowed to protest.
All anyone can do is decide how that protest effects themselves.

Don’t like the NFL allowing Kapernick and his ilk to use the US Flag and POA to stage a protest??? Then don’t watch the NFL...

Don’t like how a business publicizes it’s stance on an issue??? Spend your money someplace else.

It is actually a pretty simple concept.

It use to be a Simple Concept!

I believe in peoples right to protest for causes that are right and just and they actually believe in, actually that is not the real problem scratch

The real problem is people protesting for all of the wrong reasons! Like Kapiernick does not start protesting until he is demoted from starting QB to backup, and please do not blame it on his girlfriend, that is totally horse manure irrelevant if you truly believe in a cause.

Look at all of the violent protest now for BLM and ANTIFA and God knows what other outrage they have against honest working people and business.
I bet 60% of them have no clue why they are protesting other than it is the popular thing or they are a lost soul needing a cause right or wrong to be noticed or even worse to loot mad

Look at most all of the protesting and rioting for the last 10 years, it has been for people doing something illegal and resisting arrest or endangering an officer who had to act in self defense.

Take into consideration the political backing of protesters and instigators who do not want America to be the land of the free and the brave.
If they were so outraged by public injustice why are they (Black and White) not protesting all injustices regardless of color?

So please keep it real up

Last edited by Stub; 06/22/20 02:09 AM.

texas flag

Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: Grizz] #7877189 06/22/20 12:30 AM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Grizz
He's free to protest whatever he wants, but to put his name in the same sentence as Pat Tillman is a disgrace and it's beyond asinine. Tillman voluntarily walked away from a very relevant and lucrative career to serve his country. The other clown didn't walk away from his career, it walked away from him. The only thing that POS voluntarily walked away from were contract offers that would have paid less money than he wanted. That's not in the same universe as Tillman.

BINGO now that is telling it like it is up

texas flag

Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: Stub] #7877323 06/22/20 02:34 AM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Stub
Here is the problem. Too many people think THEY can decide what grievances another person should or should not be allowed to protest.

Don’t like the NFL allowing Kapernick and his ilk to use the US Flag and POA to stage a protest??? Then don’t watch the NFL...

Don’t like how a business publicizes it’s stance on an issue??? Spend your money someplace else.

I believe in peoples right to protest for causes that are right and just and they actually believe in, actually that is not the real problem scratch

The real problem is people protesting for all of the wrong reasons! Like Kapiernick does not start protesting until he is demoted from starting QB to backup, and please do not blame it on his girlfriend, that is totally horse manure irrelevant if you truly believe in a cause.

Look at all of the violent protest now for BLM and ANTIFA and God knows what other outrage they have against honest working people and business.
I bet 60% of them have no clue why they are protesting other than it is the popular thing or they are a lost soul needing a cause right or wrong to be noticed or even worse to loot mad

Look at most all of the protesting and rioting for the last 10 years, it has been for people doing something illegal and resisting arrest or endangering an officer who had to act in self defense.

Take into consideration the political backing of protesters and instigators who do not want America to be the land of the free and the brave.
If they were so outraged by public injustice why are they (Black and White) not protesting all injustices regardless of color?

So to you, it is only ok for someone to protest something that you feel is “right and just”.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: pegasaurus] #7877326 06/22/20 02:39 AM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S

So to you, it is only ok for someone to protest something that you feel is “right and just”.

Nice CNN spin on what I said hammer What I said was something that was right and just that they really believed in, not protesting for any other ulterior motives.
Peg did you join the protest if so why?

texas flag

Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: Stub] #7877345 06/22/20 03:03 AM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

Nice CNN spin on what I said hammer What I said was something that was right and just that they really believed in, not protesting for any other ulterior motives.

It is exactly what you said. You believe people should only protest things that are right and just. Who decides what is right and just? They would not be protesting if they did not believe in what they are protesting. There are agitators out there but we are not talking about the riots and looting. Just the “peaceful” protesting.
Snip from your post. I believe in peoples right to protest for causes that are right and just and they actually believe in, actually that is not the real problem

Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: Stub] #7877364 06/22/20 03:43 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Believing in the concept of protesting as a god-given right is different than agreeing with every protest. Pegasaurus is correct in principle.

I disagree with Kaepernick’s reason for and manner of protest, but the fact that he protested doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

“The real problem is people protesting for all the wrong reasons!”

I believe in the right to protest. I don’t have to agree with the reason of the protest to hold that principle. Otherwise, I wouldn’t actually believe in the concept. Said another way, I have principles. To say protests are only ok if they’re “right and just” means jack squat. Any cause you come up with to protest will result in thousands if not millions of people disagreeing with your cause. That’s the exact reason people protest in the first place. What is right and just in your mind is not so the minds of the community at-large. That’s why you have to protest, literally. That’s the point of the bill of rights.

And a Green Beret and NFL player suggested that Kaep protest by kneeling instead of sitting down for the anthem. Not everyone agrees with why he was protesting (I sure as hell don’t) but an Army veteran said kneeling would be the best and most respectful way to do it.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: Stub] #7877367 06/22/20 03:45 AM
Bee'z Offline
The Beedazzler
The Beedazzler
For a veteran NFL player to compare kap to Tillman is expletive bullchit.

[Linked Image]
Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7877372 06/22/20 03:55 AM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Believing in the concept of protesting as a god-given right is different than agreeing with every protest. Pegasaurus is correct in principle.

I disagree with Kaepernick’s reason for and manner of protest, but the fact that he protested doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

“The real problem is people protesting for all the wrong reasons!”

I believe in the right to protest. I don’t have to agree with the reason of the protest to hold that principle. Otherwise, I wouldn’t actually believe in the concept. Said another way, I have principles. To say protests are only ok if they’re “right and just” means jack squat. Any cause you come up with to protest will result in thousands if not millions of people disagreeing with your cause. That’s the exact reason people protest in the first place. What is right and just in your mind is not so the minds of the community at-large. That’s why you have to protest, literally. That’s the point of the bill of rights.

And a Green Beret and NFL player suggested that Kaep protest by kneeling instead of sitting down for the anthem. Not everyone agrees with why he was protesting (I sure as hell don’t) but an Army veteran said kneeling would be the best and most respectful way to do it.

Good post Duck

Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: Stub] #7877386 06/22/20 04:17 AM
Bee'z Offline
The Beedazzler
The Beedazzler

[Linked Image]
Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: pegasaurus] #7877414 06/22/20 10:33 AM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S

It is exactly what you said. You believe people should only protest things that are right and just. Who decides what is right and just? They would not be protesting if they did not believe in what they are protesting. There are agitators out there but we are not talking about the riots and looting. Just the “peaceful” protesting.
Snip from your post. I believe in peoples right to protest for causes that are right and just and they actually believe in, actually that is not the real problem

Semantics! You can interpret what I said however you want like any other CNN Reporter laugh
Yes I did say that in the context that they are protesting for what they really believe is right and just!

(So to you, it is only ok for someone to protest something that you feel is “right and just”.)
and that is your CNN mentality lets find something we can twist and say he meant this hammer

As I said all along that people have the right to protest, they should do it for what they really believe in and not for any ulterior motives up

Last edited by Stub; 06/22/20 10:57 AM.

texas flag

Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: Stub] #7877419 06/22/20 10:56 AM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
I think the founding fathers of the constitution would have rolled over in their graves. Do you really think people would be this nuts? I think you would get your butt beat.

Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: bill oxner] #7877422 06/22/20 11:04 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Upside down world.

up

Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: Stub] #7877427 06/22/20 11:34 AM
F
fishdfly Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
Favre lacks morals.

Any one who accepts $1MM for a speech he did not give deserves no respect.

Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: pegasaurus] #7877438 06/22/20 11:45 AM
M
Marc K Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M

Yep - the above says it all.
People can protest anything that they want, as long as it does not interfere with my rights.
I have the right to choose what I buy and/or support.

Marc

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: Stub] #7877456 06/22/20 12:04 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Yes, people can protest. No, they shouldn't protest at work unless it is protesting against a work related matter.

Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: pegasaurus] #7877464 06/22/20 12:20 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
The real problem is people protesting for all of the wrong reasons!

Poor little kaepernick, oppressed by playing in the NFL which is over 70% black players followed by a fan base that is around 77% white.

Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: Stub] #7877473 06/22/20 12:32 PM
L
Longhunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
wouldn't surprise me if opening ceremonies weren't canceled.... or changed!

Longhunter >>>-------> Make It Count!!!<><

Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: fishdfly] #7877477 06/22/20 12:37 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by fishdfly
Favre lacks morals.

Any one who accepts $1MM for a speech he did not give deserves no respect.

And got caught endorsing for 3 years a pain cream scam that landed others in jail and defrauded the government of almost 2 billion dollars.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: Longhunter] #7877478 06/22/20 12:37 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Longhunter

I wish they would. Cancel all the patriotic ceremony, flyovers, the works. Make it what it actually is now.

Re: Brett Favre Compares Collin Kaepernick To.. [Re: Paluxy] #7877579 06/22/20 02:41 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Hancock
Originally Posted by Longhunter

I wish they would. Cancel all the patriotic ceremony, flyovers, the works. Make it what it actually is now.

Make it a blood sport. I would watch it.

Would be better than the overpaid, princess, cry fest that it is now.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide