Forums46
Topics537,029
Posts9,719,579
Members86,989
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. #7861775 06/06/20 12:05 AM
P
pegasaurus Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P
Goodell is pandering to the kneelers.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/roger-...otests-black-lives-matter-224540686.html

“ NFL commissioner Roger Goodell released a statement on behalf of the league on Friday acknowledging “we were wrong” in handling the issue of player protest.”

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7861782 06/06/20 12:10 AM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
They're just ruining the game for everyone!

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7861784 06/06/20 12:13 AM
D
Deans Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
D
Just another reason not to watch. Quit watching a lot of football years ago. Don't miss it.

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7861785 06/06/20 12:13 AM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Won't miss it one bit.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7861787 06/06/20 12:16 AM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
My NFL has dropped greatly over the last few years. I only watch to follow a few college guys I liked.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7861791 06/06/20 12:21 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
A veteran (green beret) counseled and convinced Kaepernick to kneel for the anthem instead of sit for the anthem. It was the veteran’s idea.

Everyone has opinions on it, and I don’t like it at all, but let’s not pretend every veteran feels disrespected. Many have publicly said that kneeling during the anthem, or even disrespecting the flag, is one right they served to protect.

Again, I don’t like it, and I don’t even think his reasoning behind it is logical. Feel free to boycott as that’s your right as well. It’s a protest. I don’t care about the political opinions of my sports teams, musicians, movie stars, etc.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7861807 06/06/20 12:31 AM
S
Sailor Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Just because, you have the right to do something...………….
Doesn't make it right, to do...……….

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: Deans] #7861816 06/06/20 12:34 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Deans
Just another reason not to watch. Quit watching a lot of football years ago. Don't miss it.

Yeah, I love football but this may just have to be my protest. Not going to watch

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7861819 06/06/20 12:36 AM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I think the NFL will change the scoring. Taking a knee during the anthem is worth a point per player.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7861824 06/06/20 12:41 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Protest deez nuts.

[Linked Image]

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7861826 06/06/20 12:42 AM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
A veteran (green beret) counseled and convinced Kaepernick to kneel for the anthem instead of sit for the anthem. It was the veteran’s idea.

Everyone has opinions on it, and I don’t like it at all, but let’s not pretend every veteran feels disrespected. Many have publicly said that kneeling during the anthem, or even disrespecting the flag, is one right they served to protect.

Again, I don’t like it, and I don’t even think his reasoning behind it is logical. Feel free to boycott as that’s your right as well. It’s a protest. I don’t care about the political opinions of my sports teams, musicians, movie stars, etc.

Learn something everyday on here. Thanks for posting. I'm just sick of the pandering, especially when I saw Trudeau did it recently. Please. The guy's reputation is in the toilet. I admire the veteran's thinking about a respectable compromise. I'm sure he didn't intend it to become a burgeoning world-wide protest symbol. If everybody's falling all over themselves to do it, it means nothing.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7861840 06/06/20 12:54 AM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

Nor should you. Nor should you know it.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7861843 06/06/20 12:55 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
I won't miss what I don't watch, if they depend on my buck they will go broke.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: Concho] #7861853 06/06/20 01:07 AM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Originally Posted by Concho
I won't miss what I don't watch, if they depend on my buck they will go broke.

x2 & won't buy NFL crap for gifts either.

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7861857 06/06/20 01:11 AM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
FK the NFL. If there's one entity I'd enjoy seeing go bankrupt that would be it.

Whiney bitches getting paid millions to play a schoolyard game and think they're some sort of fkn hero for it and that their opinion carries the weight of morality. JFC

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7861859 06/06/20 01:12 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Veterans acknowledge their right to do so because they are teeming with values like honor and discipline. They don’t question why. They do or die. For everyone, regardless. They aren’t going to fish for respect. They’re far more concerned with the preservation of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, for all. The least anyone could do is nothing that might disrespect them and what they’ve done. Anthem kneelers may or may not do just that, but enough people feel that they do a disservice to our freedom fighters that it’s hardly worth that risk, in my mind. I’m confident in saying that the kneelers don’t care anything about it, either way, so that enough for me to cast them by the wayside.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7861861 06/06/20 01:13 AM
L
Longhunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
Good chance the stands will be empty again...

Longhunter >>>-------> Make It Count!!!<><

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: aerangis] #7861863 06/06/20 01:15 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by aerangis
FK the NFL. If there's one entity I'd enjoy seeing go bankrupt that would be it.

Whiney bitches getting paid millions to play a schoolyard game and think they're some sort of fkn hero for it and that their opinion carries the weight of morality. JFC

Well said.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7861864 06/06/20 01:16 AM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I will never understand the fascination with pro sports.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: ducknbass] #7861881 06/06/20 01:36 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ducknbass

Nor should you. Nor should you know it.

I agree, but that’s a different topic.

[Linked Image]
Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: Sneaky] #7861897 06/06/20 01:52 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Veterans acknowledge their right to do so because they are teeming with values like honor and discipline. They don’t question why. They do or die. For everyone, regardless. They aren’t going to fish for respect. They’re far more concerned with the preservation of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, for all. The least anyone could do is nothing that might disrespect them and what they’ve done. Anthem kneelers may or may not do just that, but enough people feel that they do a disservice to our freedom fighters that it’s hardly worth that risk, in my mind. I’m confident in saying that the kneelers don’t care anything about it, either way, so that enough for me to cast them by the wayside.

That’s just demonstrably false. Some of y’all need to research a little and not expect everyone to think like you do. Some veterans might even be offended that you’re projecting your views on all veterans because you’re using sticking up for them to cover for your viewpoint. I respect veterans, but putting EVERY veteran on the pedestal you just did to confirm your own viewpoint is wrong and factually incorrect. There are plenty of veterans who not only had no issue with the manner he protested, but supported his cause behind the protest.

https://time.com/4956246/war-veteran-kneel-nfl-players/

https://theundefeated.com/features/...veterans-in-support-of-colin-kaepernick/

https://www.aclu.org/blog/racial-justice/i-fought-our-country-now-nfl-players-are-kneeling-me

From the right-wing Washington Examiner:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-for-the-flag-has-anything-to-do-with-us

The best part about this is, nobody cares whether you watch or don’t watch. (Some people might care if you continually bitch and mean about not watching, but I don’t). If you’re offended, don’t watch. I didn’t like the manner of protest but I also didn’t let it stop me from watching football. I don’t agree with everyone’s political leanings here, but it doesn’t cause me to stop visiting the TFF.

[Linked Image]
Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7861901 06/06/20 01:59 AM
P
pdr55 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Kaepernick will probably take Goodells place.

If you`re running down my country, man,
You`re walking on the fighting side of me. (Merle)
Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7861903 06/06/20 02:01 AM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
For me it’s simply entertainment is...entertaining. I like football. I like movies. I like music. It’s always been somewhat baffling to me how so many put so much into the thoughts and beliefs of football players, actors or musicians. They mean only one thing to me.....entertainment. The folks that actually listen or buy into entertainers opinions on anything are lacking something in their life’s...Jmo

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7861906 06/06/20 02:03 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Sneaky

That’s just demonstrably false. Some of y’all need to research a little and not expect everyone to think like you do. Some veterans might even be offended that you’re projecting your views on all veterans because you’re using sticking up for them to cover for your viewpoint. I respect veterans, but putting EVERY veteran on the pedestal you just did to confirm your own viewpoint is wrong and factually incorrect. There are plenty of veterans who not only had no issue with the manner he protested, but supported his cause behind the protest.

https://time.com/4956246/war-veteran-kneel-nfl-players/

https://theundefeated.com/features/...veterans-in-support-of-colin-kaepernick/

https://www.aclu.org/blog/racial-justice/i-fought-our-country-now-nfl-players-are-kneeling-me

From the right-wing Washington Examiner:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-for-the-flag-has-anything-to-do-with-us

The best part about this is, nobody cares whether you watch or don’t watch. (Some people might care if you continually bitch and mean about not watching, but I don’t). If you’re offended, don’t watch. I didn’t like the manner of protest but I also didn’t let it stop me from watching football. I don’t agree with everyone’s political leanings here, but it doesn’t cause me to stop visiting the TFF.

up

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: majekman] #7861922 06/06/20 02:15 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by majekman
For me it’s simply entertainment is...entertaining. I like football. I like movies. I like music. It’s always been somewhat baffling to me how so many put so much into the thoughts and beliefs of football players, actors or musicians. They mean only one thing to me.....entertainment. The folks that actually listen or buy into entertainers opinions on anything are lacking something in their life’s...Jmo

Roger that. You're an entertainer, do your job and shut up. I continuously find myself amazed by how many people value their political beliefs. Is no one capable of thinking for themselves anymore?? Why are so many Americans today so easily influenced and brainwashed?

Never mind, I just saw at least 50 phone zombies at the store. Stupid questions.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide