Forums46
Topics537,030
Posts9,719,586
Members86,989
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 23 of 27 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #7859533 06/03/20 05:28 PM
Guy Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by dkershen
Scratching my head as to why the market is unaffected by all the unrest.

I’m sure it is negatively impacting the market, but not enough to offset the positive impact of reopening the economy and less uncertainty now with covid.

If there were no riots, the market would be up even more. But this riot thing is short term impacting earning.

Plus don't forget the additional 10 trillion that was put into circulation. That will tend to heat things up.

Oh absolutely. And for that reason, it could soar past the February high.

Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: Guy] #7859552 06/03/20 05:58 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
I wish I knew for sure but I'm apprehensive....because 2nd quarter numbers are going to be a bloodbath and not sure the unemployment rate doesn't catch up. I had pulled every thing into bonds back when the dow was at 29k and couldn't make myself click submit. I sit here pondering the same decision at 26k. bang

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: Judd] #7859564 06/03/20 06:22 PM
T
TLew Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Judd
I wish I knew for sure but I'm apprehensive....because 2nd quarter numbers are going to be a bloodbath and not sure the unemployment rate doesn't catch up. I had pulled every thing into bonds back when the dow was at 29k and couldn't make myself click submit. I sit here pondering the same decision at 26k. bang

As Ox would say, bank statement. I'm all for a healthy economy and I want it, however it's not healthy right now and I don't think what you see is a bunch of retail investors. It's mostly quants, trading houses, etc. trying to make short term bucks. Unfortunately, the market will read the right temperature at some point and then maybe we can start to make it healthy again, but layoffs aren't done, Q2 numbers aren't reported, and how can we be so close to the Feb highs if everyone is saying we won't reach FY19Q4 GDP until FY22Q3?

Don't know that we will skim the lows of mid-March again, but I would be nimble if you're going to buy in the market today and need the money within the next 5 years.

Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: Guy] #7859576 06/03/20 06:34 PM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe
Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by Dry Fire
April 1st, I put 10% of my cash back into stocks. Hindsight is always 20/20, but that 10% investment has an annualized return of close to 30%.

Anyone that sold mid Feb and put it back in mid March, I would call that beginners luck. smile ani

I was in and out a lot actively trading, but just before March I had been all in, then in Feb sold my one large bag holding and sold some other stocks for profit to build cash. Then bought back into the market in a little every 5% to 10% drop in March until it bottomed, then maxed out the IRAs and was all in again by the first 10% rise back up. Instead of averaging down on any losers during that time I sold them and put those funds into then tanked blue chips. As individual stocks turned to good profit, I rebalanced everything other than the four M.A.G.A. stocks into index, sector, country, and dividend stock ETFS for a safer play going forward. Some of the individual country ETFs came back up 40% to 50% from my March buy in. This week I have been taking profits on 40% of all portfolios to reload my cash for the next one. Everything I hold now is balanced, well in the green, fairly liquid, and set with trailing stops. With lots of cash on the side loaded for Bear I welcome a crash, but I am good whatever direction the market takes and can sleep at night with my current set up. Call it luck if you wish, but everything I did, though nerve racking, was intentional. Scalping and Day trading has been stupid easy too. Opportunities like March only come around once every 10 years or more.

Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: Sniper John] #7859582 06/03/20 06:44 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
I guess that's where the Sniper part comes in, well done. I did deviate from the Guy methodology and looked at my Q1 result, not too bad. I may not look at Q2 or 2020 for that matter.

Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: Sniper John] #7859590 06/03/20 06:50 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Sniper John
Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by Dry Fire
April 1st, I put 10% of my cash back into stocks. Hindsight is always 20/20, but that 10% investment has an annualized return of close to 30%.

Anyone that sold mid Feb and put it back in mid March, I would call that beginners luck. smile ani

I was in and out a lot actively trading, but just before March I had been all in, then in Feb sold my one large bag holding and sold some other stocks for profit to build cash. Then bought back into the market in a little every 5% to 10% drop in March until it bottomed, then maxed out the IRAs and was all in again by the first 10% rise back up. Instead of averaging down on any losers during that time I sold them and put those funds into then tanked blue chips. As individual stocks turned to good profit, I rebalanced everything other than the four M.A.G.A. stocks into index, sector, country, and dividend stock ETFS for a safer play going forward. Some of the individual country ETFs came back up 40% to 50% from my March buy in. This week I have been taking profits on 40% of all portfolios to reload my cash for the next one. Everything I hold now is balanced, well in the green, fairly liquid, and set with trailing stops. With lots of cash on the side loaded for Bear I welcome a crash, but I am good whatever direction the market takes and can sleep at night with my current set up. Call it luck if you wish, but everything I did, though nerve racking, was intentional. Scalping and Day trading has been stupid easy too. Opportunities like March only come around once every 10 years or more.

I remember that you did something similar during the last big crash.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: Guy] #7859657 06/03/20 07:48 PM
S
swampthang Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
DOW up +563 today. I think it's safe to say the bull mkt has returned.

Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: Guy] #7859754 06/03/20 09:38 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
Looks like I may have to send someone a check soon.

“Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will.” – Theodore Roosevelt

[Linked Image]
Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: swampthang] #7859769 06/03/20 10:00 PM
68rustbucket Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by swampthang
DOW up +563 today. I think it's safe to say the bull mkt has returned.

Shhhhh! You’ll jinx it.

Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: 68rustbucket] #7859816 06/03/20 11:29 PM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Sniper you are way way smarter market wise than me. Way!! I would never have the knowledge to make those moves. Not with real money anyway. I pay a guy/company to do my thinking and we are very conservative, im getting too old not to be.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: Guy] #7859840 06/03/20 11:56 PM
L
luv2brode Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
I'm liking the gains but I would love to pick up a bunch more at them lows

i am cancelling my subscription, i am tired of your issues!
Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: Guy] #7860590 06/04/20 08:12 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
The Dow went on a small roller coaster ride today but closed up a little.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: Sniper John] #7860597 06/04/20 08:28 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Sniper John
Opportunities like March only come around once every 10 years or more.

this more than anything else.

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: Judd] #7860600 06/04/20 08:41 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

Buy stocks not funds

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: Judd] #7860610 06/04/20 08:51 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

It’s called long term capital games, buy

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: Guy] #7860622 06/04/20 09:12 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Just got this email from T Rowe Price.

Considerations for Retirees During the Pandemic
It’s been said that “timing is everything.” That’s certainly true for those who have retired recently and are facing the unique challenges of the global pandemic. With thoughtful planning, however, there are steps you can take to navigate the near and longer term.

[Linked Image]

Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7860628 06/04/20 09:18 PM
D
DannyB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson

Well, Wasn't the bet going to charity? I guess you could have kept charity at home and given it to your kids or grandkids because they have been severely robbed by the Federal Reserve. They probably at least wore a mask.

You can thank Jerome Powell for the stock market. It sure didn't get there with profits.

[Linked Image]

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: DannyB] #7860689 06/04/20 10:40 PM
P
Pigsicles Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
Originally Posted by DannyB

Well, Wasn't the bet going to charity? I guess you could have kept charity at home and given it to your kids or grandkids because they have been severely robbed by the Federal Reserve. They probably at least wore a mask.

You can thank Jerome Powell for the stock market. It sure didn't get there with profits.

[Linked Image]

Bingo.
I sure don’t mind making money but this is just a mockery of a market. There is no price discovery based on performance in revenues or earnings.
I’m running very tight trailing stops in my trading acct.

Pulsar Trail XQ50
Pulsar HD 19A
Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: Guy] #7860710 06/04/20 10:59 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Sometimes its just blind luck. I retired from Pfizer. Most of my IRA is in their stock.. They are now working on a vaccine for the virus.

"Pfizer Stock: Is The Pharmaceutical Company A Buy As It Partners On A Coronavirus Vaccine?

3 days ago · Pfizer stock could see some gains as it makes progress on a coronavirus vaccine . But the ..."

[Linked Image]

Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: Pigsicles] #7860796 06/05/20 01:39 AM
S
swampthang Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Pigsicles
Originally Posted by DannyB

[Linked Image]

Bingo.
I sure don’t mind making money but this is just a mockery of a market. There is no price discovery based on performance in revenues or earnings.
I’m running very tight trailing stops in my trading acct.

Let me get this straight.A horrific pandemic just decimated the US economy and yall want stock prices to reflect that? So we should roll back stock prices to the march 23 lows? 18,200 on the DOW? Riiiiight. I'll get right on that. I'll talk to the powers that be about that.

Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: Guy] #7860801 06/05/20 01:48 AM
S
swampthang Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
On one of my screeners (stocks above $7 and above 1mm avg traded)today 6 of the top 7 stocks were airline stocks. That's insane. And that's on a down day in the market! The risk trade is back on. I still don't see many contrails in the sky but planes are filling back up.

Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: Guy] #7860977 06/05/20 11:36 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Futures are up this morning.

[Linked Image]

Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: swampthang] #7860992 06/05/20 11:56 AM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
On one of my screeners (stocks above $7 and above 1mm avg traded)today 6 of the top 7 stocks were airline stocks. That's insane. And that's on a down day in the market! The risk trade is back on. I still don't see many contrails in the sky but planes are filling back up.

Airline calls did very well this week. Very well.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: TexFlip] #7861033 06/05/20 12:46 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TexFlip

Yep. Just saw that LUV was trading at $40.

[Linked Image]

Re: Blood bath on wall street...my advice.. [Re: bill oxner] #7861043 06/05/20 12:58 PM
S
swampthang Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Originally Posted by TexFlip

Yep. Just saw that LUV was trading at $40.

Yes and the other airlines are up a whole lot more than Southwest this morning. Somebody is taking a chance on Hertz,its up 87% this morning. They filed for bankruptcy last week.

Page 23 of 27 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide