Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: Txhunter65] #7858607 06/02/20 05:47 PM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Txhunter65
You'd think with all that experience he'd know how to act while in handcuffs.

Should the cop have kept his knee on him that long...no. That's seems obvious to everyone who watched the video. The officer should stand trial and a jury should be presented the facts and a decision made.

As long as punishments fit crimes they will not act as a deterrent. No justice system is perfect...mistakes will always be made as justice is handed out by humans who themselves are imperfect. That said, our men and women in blue have and are doing a remarkable job day in and day out, they have my full support. I could not imagine putting that uniform on in this day and age regardless of the money even if the salaries were tripled I wouldn't do it. There are millions upon millions of police/citizen interactions annually with nothing to report. The once or twice a year or every few years an instance like this happens it should be addressed and the issue resolved instead of using it as a media chance to broad brush the entire justice system with a racist paint brush and pile a million good officers in with an officer who makes a horrible decision.

pretty good post IMO.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: freerange] #7858626 06/02/20 06:10 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by freerange
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Did you read the criminal complaint? The deceased was without a pulse for two minutes (1 minute and 53 seconds) before Chauvin removed his knee form the neck and chest area.

As a doctor, that is just not right. Once a person goes pulseless, it is immediate resuscitation efforts. Cops are trained in CPR, so they should have been doing something.

We have all been in or seen fights. This is an example of a fight knocking someone unconscious and then the awake person kicking and beating on that down person for several minutes. If that person then dies, would we not call that murder?

I have not watched any of the video as I don't like seeing people die, but that synopsis in the criminal filing is enough to give me goose bumps.

The video gives way worse goose bumps.

Yeah I guess that is probably my form of PTSD from being in Iraq, I don't like seeing people die and I don't like funerals at all. Avoid at almost all costs. Saw too much death and destruction over there, don't need to see it anymore.

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: Texas buckeye] #7858650 06/02/20 06:32 PM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
TxBuck, dont watch it then for sure. Its been described pretty well through all the posts and then the synopsis of criminal complaint. Just know that from the video that i saw. which is the main one, that IMO there was a lot of weight put on the whole time, his face was crunched into the pavement, he didnt appear to be moving at all much less resisting but with 3 on him maybe it didnt show. I only offer all that cause you didnt see it. I am in no way saying that he didnt resist earlier and i wouldnt want to be in those officers shoes making those decisions but watching the video certainly has a huge bad look especially after he goes limp and it continues.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: HWY_MAN] #7858915 06/02/20 11:29 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
A jury will decide this, none fo us have a vote.

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: Concho] #7858922 06/02/20 11:44 PM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Concho

Agree 100% and while civil discussion is fine and dandy it just seems some of the comments are just rehashing details of information that often isnt complete and truthful. For me its like the Virus, at first I wanted enough information to form an opinion but after a point any further rehashing is just debatable if its worth my time. The Floyd issue and the aftermath is getting to the same point. To each his own but im trying to ease outa Off Topic and get back to the hunting part of the forum. Either that or clean out my sock drawer.

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: freerange] #7858924 06/02/20 11:47 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Agree 100% and while civil discussion is fine and dandy it just seems some of the comments are just rehashing details of information that often isnt complete and truthful. For me its like the Virus, at first I wanted enough information to form an opinion but after a point any further rehashing is just debatable if its worth my time. The Floyd issue and the aftermath is getting to the same point. To each his own but im trying to ease outa Off Topic and get back to the hunting part of the forum. Either that or clean out my sock drawer.

Bingo.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: freerange] #7858935 06/02/20 11:53 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

cheers

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: freerange] #7858936 06/02/20 11:53 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
To each his own but im trying to ease outa Off Topic and get back to the hunting part of the forum. Either that or clean out my sock drawer.

'Been trying for years. Very few make it out. "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: HWY_MAN] #7858941 06/03/20 12:00 AM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
History is an excellent indicator of present behavior.....some of us outgrow our youthful ignorance, but many do not.

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: sweetwood] #7859174 06/03/20 10:22 AM
T
Texican Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by sweetwood
[Linked Image]
[/quotIs[quote=sweetwood][Linked Image]

Is it confirmed that this and the original post with his record are “legit”. His DOB year is different on this one versus the original post/record list. confused2

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: HWY_MAN] #7859221 06/03/20 12:03 PM
M
Mako My Day Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Based on the posted arrest record, his last arrest was 13 years ago, so maybe he had cleaned up his act a bit. I just wonder about all these “celebrities “ that supposedly knew him, and how much they actually interacted with him, or if they forgot all about him until this happened. His death is a tragedy, but one that could have been avoided with different actions on both sides.

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: Texican] #7859223 06/03/20 12:06 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by Texican
[Is it confirmed that this and the original post with his record are “legit”. His DOB year is different on this one versus the original post/record list. confused2

Yes he was born in 1974, I actually searched for that case on the Harris County District Court and it hasn't been fabricated. There is so much software these days to manipulate anything it's easy to second guess any document.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: HWY_MAN] #7859240 06/03/20 12:29 PM
J
jsteve Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
I looked him up the other day and yes, mistakes in typing in DOB does exist. For instance, the case numbers match, court records match, dates of arrest match but then the DOB's of some say 1900.
Why did I look it up? When the family said on the news that he had moved to Minnesota to make a new start, that made red flags go up to me, so, I looked up the records.

2 Thessalonians 1:6-10
In these verses, there are dire consequences for NOT obeying the gospel. What the world claims as "saved" isn't gonna cut it! Learn what it is, in an eye opening true story, "Muscle and a Shovel", by Michael Shank.
Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: TonyWornick] #7859903 06/04/20 01:10 AM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted by TonyWornick

D_H, in one post you say he deserved to die the way he did, now you say he shouldn’t have died in police custody. Which is it?

popcorn[/quote]

Altimers...
flag

i'm postaddic
Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: HWY_MAN] #7859915 06/04/20 01:26 AM
Superduty Offline
"The Regulator"
"The Regulator"
Here it is in a nutshell.

Floyd chose to not be a model citizen, but did not deserve to die that way.
flame

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: HWY_MAN] #7859948 06/04/20 01:51 AM
T
THF Staff Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
George Floyd didn’t deserve to die and all police officers don’t deserve to be judged and convicted based on their bad apples.

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: HWY_MAN] #7859950 06/04/20 01:52 AM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Agreed !000%.

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: THF Staff] #7860316 06/04/20 03:14 PM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Superduty
Here it is in a nutshell.

Floyd chose to not be a model citizen, but did not deserve to die that way.
flame

Originally Posted by THF Staff
George Floyd didn’t deserve to die and all police officers don’t deserve to be judged and convicted based on their bad apples.

^^^^ I think we all agree on these so theyre worth repeating.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide