[Linked Image]

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: HWY_MAN] #7858311 06/02/20 12:59 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Another famous son coming home to Texas. He ranks right up there with David Crockett, Travis and Sam Houston. rolleyes

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: HWY_MAN] #7858313 06/02/20 12:59 PM
R
rickym Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Showing that he had a record proves what?

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: Choctaw] #7858315 06/02/20 01:00 PM
E
erathar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted by Choctaw
Another famous son coming home to Texas. He ranks right up there with David Crockett, Travis and Sam Houston. rolleyes

Sums it up pretty well.

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: rickym] #7858317 06/02/20 01:01 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by rickym

That he deserved to die in the manner that he did.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7858323 06/02/20 01:06 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Not at all. He didn't deserve to die at all but it also shows who he actually was is not erased by his death. Floyd doesn't take on the mantle of sainthood because one murderous police officer snuffed his life out.

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: HWY_MAN] #7858326 06/02/20 01:08 PM
E
elkhunter7x6 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
E
Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
[Linked Image]

Another fine upstanding citizen

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: rickym] #7858333 06/02/20 01:14 PM
HWY_MAN Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity

It proves he's a career criminal, not the saint the MSM is portraying. Anybody in the MSM could have found this and reported but they didn't, it took a reporter from the UK to shed some light on it an she's getting toasted for it.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: HWY_MAN] #7858344 06/02/20 01:32 PM
N
NORML as can be Offline
^^Cut the Cord^^
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
If he was in jail for the crimes he already commented he would still be alive...

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: HWY_MAN] #7858349 06/02/20 01:35 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Heck, it's not even once a year.

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: HWY_MAN] #7858352 06/02/20 01:37 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by HWY_MAN

It proves he's a career criminal, not the saint the MSM is portraying. Anybody in the MSM could have found this and reported but they didn't, it took a reporter from the UK to shed some light on it an she's getting toasted for it.

The media is the reason we knew he was a criminal. Maybe not his criminal history in Texas, but it’s well known he had a record. He was not a saint, I don’t think anyone would say he was.

People have mentioned that it points to the reason he probably did resist, the implication being that he resisted because he didn’t want to go back to prison.

Even if he did resist (and he probably did to some extent, body cam footage or footage if there was a camera in the squad car will show that) the issue at hand is, was kneeling on his neck for almost three minutes after he was unresponsive and even longer than that after he stopped resisting (or so it appears) caused his death.

His past criminal history doesn’t change the entire reason this is a high-profile case.

[Linked Image]
Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: Choctaw] #7858359 06/02/20 01:40 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Not at all. He didn't deserve to die at all but it also shows who he actually was is not erased by his death. Floyd doesn't take on the mantle of sainthood because one murderous police officer snuffed his life out.

I agree with you. I don’t think he was a saint. He was a dirtbag criminal who allegedly committed forgery by passing off a counterfeit bill. The issue isn’t whether he was a saint or innocent. It’s that he shouldn’t have died in police custody in the manner that he did.

[Linked Image]
Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7858368 06/02/20 01:44 PM
R
rickym Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

I agree with you. I don’t think he was a saint. He was a dirtbag criminal who allegedly committed forgery by passing off a counterfeit bill. The issue isn’t whether he was a saint or innocent. It’s that he shouldn’t have died in police custody in the manner that he did.

D_H, in one post you say he deserved to die the way he did, now you say he shouldn’t have died in police custody. Which is it?

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: HWY_MAN] #7858383 06/02/20 01:59 PM
S
stinkbelly Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Houston will put up a statue for him.

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: HWY_MAN] #7858386 06/02/20 01:59 PM
T
TonyWornick Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T

D_H, in one post you say he deserved to die the way he did, now you say he shouldn’t have died in police custody. Which is it?[/quote]
popcorn

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: HWY_MAN] #7858390 06/02/20 02:03 PM
S
sweetwood Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
[Linked Image]

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: HWY_MAN] #7858392 06/02/20 02:04 PM
S
sweetwood Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
He pistol whipped a pregnant woman and shoved a pistol into her belly threatening her unborn child. I hate the circumstances of how he died but I won't miss him.

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: HWY_MAN] #7858528 06/02/20 04:22 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D_H, in one post you say he deserved to die the way he did, now you say he shouldn’t have died in police custody. Which is it?

The first post I made was obvious sarcasm in response to bringing up past criminal history in the context of what happened. He was handcuffed, appeared mostly compliant from the time he was removed from his car to the time he arrived near the police vehicle across the street and then the next video is of an officer kneeling on his neck, which we know occurred for nearly nine minutes, nearly three minutes of which he was unresponsive.

I guess I put too fine a point on it, but I do not think he deserved to die for using a counterfeit bill/forgery, and I don’t think, based on the videos (another shows two more officers kneeling on his back and legs while one is kneeling on his neck), that continuing to kneel on him after he stopped responding (responding, not resisting, but he was unresponsive). If he resisted arrest beyond what is shown in the videos (which is what’s being alleged, but the complaint states Floyd says he was claustrophobic and stiffed his body so that he fell to the ground) at some point while on the ground he stopped resisting. My opinion is that, at the very least, when he stopped responding, it was time to take pressure off of his neck and back. He was unresponsive for two minutes and fifty three seconds while the officers continued to kneel on him.

That’s where I’m at. I’m support subduing people who resist arrest. This went far beyond that, given what is shown in the videos and that he was kneeled on for 8:46, 2:53 of which he was not responding, so clearly he wasn’t resisting.

[Linked Image]
Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: sweetwood] #7858532 06/02/20 04:25 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by sweetwood
He pistol whipped a pregnant woman and shoved a pistol into her belly threatening her unborn child. I hate the circumstances of how he died but I won't miss him.

Yes, he was a bad person. He didn’t deserve to die in the manner that he did. These are not mutually exclusive things.

[Linked Image]
Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: Choctaw] #7858534 06/02/20 04:28 PM
Homer Jay Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

None of those guys were from Texas.

"Like a slice of fried gold!"
Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: HWY_MAN] #7858539 06/02/20 04:33 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Here is the criminal complaint against Derek Chauvin. It outlines what is alleged to happen between the time the video from the store surveillance camera ends to the end of the ordeal. This is the resisting part that is missing from the videos. He resisted getting in the car, but it doesn’t say he violently resisted, only that he “would not voluntarily get in the car and struggled with the officers by intentionally falling down.”

Nine minutes later he was dead. He was a criminal and a bad person. That doesn’t mean he should’ve been killed in the manner that he was (and both autopsies, regardless of their conflicting medical reasons, listed homicide as the cause).

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6933246-Derek-Chauvin-Complaint.html

Once handcuffed, Mr. Floyd became compliant and walked with Officer Lane to the sidewalk and sat on the ground at Officer Lane’s direction. In a conversation that lasted just under two minutes, Officer Lang asked Mr. Floyd for his name and identification. Officer Lane asked Mr. Lloyd if he was “on anything” and explained that he was arresting Mr. Lloyd for passing counterfeit currency.
Officers Kueng and Lane stood Mr. Floyd up and attempted to walk Mr. Floyd to their squad car (MPD 320) at 8:14 p.m. Mr. Floyd stiffened up, fell to the ground, and told the officers he was claustrophobic.
MPD Officers Derek Chauvin (the defendant) and Tou Thoa then arrived in a separate squad car.
The officers made several attempts to get Mr. Floyd in the backseat of squad 320 from the driver’s side. Mr. Floyd did not voluntarily get in the car and struggled with the officers by intentionally falling down, saying he was not going in the car, and refusing to stand still. Mr. Floyd is over six feet tall and weighs more than 200 pounds.
While standing outside the car, Mr. Floyd began saying and repeating that he could not breathe. The defendant went to the passenger side and tried to get Mr. Floyd into the car from that side and Lane and Kueng assisted.
The defendant pulled Mr. Floyd out of the passenger side of the squad car at 8:19:38 p.m. and Mr. Floyd went to the ground face down and still handcuffed. Kueng held Mr. Floyd’s back and Lane held his legs. The defendant placed his left knee in the area of Mr. Floyd’s head and neck. Mr. Floyd said, “I can’t breathe” multiple times and repeatedly said, “Mama” and “please,” as well. The defendant and the other two officers stayed in their positions.
The officers said, “You are talking fine” to Mr. Floyd as he continued to move back and forth. Lane asked, “should we roll him on his side?” and the defendant said, “No, staying put where we got him.” Officer Lane said, “I am worried about excited delirium or whatever.” The defendant said, “That’s why we have him on his stomach.” None of the three officers moved from their positions.
BWC video shows Mr. Floyd continue to move and breathe. At 8:24:24, Mr. Floyd stopped moving. At

27-CR-20-12646 Filed in District Court State of Minnesota 8:25:31 the video appears to show Mr. Floyd ceasing to breathe or speak. Lane said, “want to roll him5/o2n9/2020
his side.” Kueng checked Mr. Floyd’s right wrist for a pulse and said, “I couldn’t find one.” None of the officers moved from their positions.
At 8:27:24, the defendant removed his knee from Mr. Floyd’s neck. An ambulance and emergency medical personnel arrived, the officers placed Mr. Floyd on a gurney, and the ambulance left the scene. Mr. Floyd was pronounced dead at Hennepin County Medical Center

[Linked Image]
Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: HWY_MAN] #7858566 06/02/20 05:10 PM
Txhunter65 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
You'd think with all that experience he'd know how to act while in handcuffs.

Should the cop have kept his knee on him that long...no. That's seems obvious to everyone who watched the video. The officer should stand trial and a jury should be presented the facts and a decision made.

As long as punishments fit crimes they will not act as a deterrent. No justice system is perfect...mistakes will always be made as justice is handed out by humans who themselves are imperfect. That said, our men and women in blue have and are doing a remarkable job day in and day out, they have my full support. I could not imagine putting that uniform on in this day and age regardless of the money even if the salaries were tripled I wouldn't do it. There are millions upon millions of police/citizen interactions annually with nothing to report. The once or twice a year or every few years an instance like this happens it should be addressed and the issue resolved instead of using it as a media chance to broad brush the entire justice system with a racist paint brush and pile a million good officers in with an officer who makes a horrible decision.

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: HWY_MAN] #7858589 06/02/20 05:29 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Did you read the criminal complaint? The deceased was without a pulse for two minutes (1 minute and 53 seconds) before Chauvin removed his knee form the neck and chest area.

As a doctor, that is just not right. Once a person goes pulseless, it is immediate resuscitation efforts. Cops are trained in CPR, so they should have been doing something.

We have all been in or seen fights. This is an example of a fight knocking someone unconscious and then the awake person kicking and beating on that down person for several minutes. If that person then dies, would we not call that murder?

I have not watched any of the video as I don't like seeing people die, but that synopsis in the criminal filing is enough to give me goose bumps.

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7858604 06/02/20 05:44 PM
T
TLew Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Here is the criminal complaint against Derek Chauvin. It outlines what is alleged to happen between the time the video from the store surveillance camera ends to the end of the ordeal. This is the resisting part that is missing from the videos. He resisted getting in the car, but it doesn’t say he violently resisted, only that he “would not voluntarily get in the car and struggled with the officers by intentionally falling down.”

Nine minutes later he was dead. He was a criminal and a bad person. That doesn’t mean he should’ve been killed in the manner that he was (and both autopsies, regardless of their conflicting medical reasons, listed homicide as the cause).

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6933246-Derek-Chauvin-Complaint.html

Once handcuffed, Mr. Floyd became compliant and walked with Officer Lane to the sidewalk and sat on the ground at Officer Lane’s direction. In a conversation that lasted just under two minutes, Officer Lang asked Mr. Floyd for his name and identification. Officer Lane asked Mr. Lloyd if he was “on anything” and explained that he was arresting Mr. Lloyd for passing counterfeit currency.
Officers Kueng and Lane stood Mr. Floyd up and attempted to walk Mr. Floyd to their squad car (MPD 320) at 8:14 p.m. Mr. Floyd stiffened up, fell to the ground, and told the officers he was claustrophobic.
MPD Officers Derek Chauvin (the defendant) and Tou Thoa then arrived in a separate squad car.
The officers made several attempts to get Mr. Floyd in the backseat of squad 320 from the driver’s side. Mr. Floyd did not voluntarily get in the car and struggled with the officers by intentionally falling down, saying he was not going in the car, and refusing to stand still. Mr. Floyd is over six feet tall and weighs more than 200 pounds.
While standing outside the car, Mr. Floyd began saying and repeating that he could not breathe. The defendant went to the passenger side and tried to get Mr. Floyd into the car from that side and Lane and Kueng assisted.
The defendant pulled Mr. Floyd out of the passenger side of the squad car at 8:19:38 p.m. and Mr. Floyd went to the ground face down and still handcuffed. Kueng held Mr. Floyd’s back and Lane held his legs. The defendant placed his left knee in the area of Mr. Floyd’s head and neck. Mr. Floyd said, “I can’t breathe” multiple times and repeatedly said, “Mama” and “please,” as well. The defendant and the other two officers stayed in their positions.
The officers said, “You are talking fine” to Mr. Floyd as he continued to move back and forth. Lane asked, “should we roll him on his side?” and the defendant said, “No, staying put where we got him.” Officer Lane said, “I am worried about excited delirium or whatever.” The defendant said, “That’s why we have him on his stomach.” None of the three officers moved from their positions.
BWC video shows Mr. Floyd continue to move and breathe. At 8:24:24, Mr. Floyd stopped moving. At

27-CR-20-12646 Filed in District Court State of Minnesota 8:25:31 the video appears to show Mr. Floyd ceasing to breathe or speak. Lane said, “want to roll him5/o2n9/2020
his side.” Kueng checked Mr. Floyd’s right wrist for a pulse and said, “I couldn’t find one.” That wasn't seen on the video and makes the situation worse None of the officers moved from their positions.
At 8:27:24, the defendant removed his knee from Mr. Floyd’s neck. An ambulance and emergency medical personnel arrived, the officers placed Mr. Floyd on a gurney, and the ambulance left the scene. This is not the order that it went in. The ambulance arrived, the paramedic felt for a pulse and presumably couldn't find one, the officer continued to kneel on him until a gurney was brought, and there was no aid rendered even then Mr. Floyd was pronounced dead at Hennepin County Medical Center

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Pretty sure Officer Lane won a stupid prize by not speaking up and putting his foot down if he actually couldn't find a pulse. Likewise for Chauvin

Re: George Floyds time in Texas [Re: Texas buckeye] #7858606 06/02/20 05:46 PM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Did you read the criminal complaint? The deceased was without a pulse for two minutes (1 minute and 53 seconds) before Chauvin removed his knee form the neck and chest area.

As a doctor, that is just not right. Once a person goes pulseless, it is immediate resuscitation efforts. Cops are trained in CPR, so they should have been doing something.

We have all been in or seen fights. This is an example of a fight knocking someone unconscious and then the awake person kicking and beating on that down person for several minutes. If that person then dies, would we not call that murder?

I have not watched any of the video as I don't like seeing people die, but that synopsis in the criminal filing is enough to give me goose bumps.

The video gives way worse goose bumps.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide