Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: Texas buckeye] #7856534 05/31/20 05:39 PM
P
pnh Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Something to think about, and I am just throwing this out there because it is hard to hear:

Jesus says to love our enemies, to turn our cheek when hit on one side, so our other side can be hit.
We are all sinners, we all deserve the same fate. Jesus died for our sins so that we may spend eternal
Life with Him. That means he also died for those people we call thugs out there doing wrong. Jesus didn’t turn his back to those who tortured him, who hung him on the cross, and He certainly didn’t die JUST for you and me, but for everyone. That means everyone.

Just as two wrongs don’t make a right, two hates don’t turn into love. If you hate on these people you are essentially saying what Jesus did wasn’t enough and you are setting yourself up for something far worse when your judgement day comes.

Well, I ain't Jesus!

Character is what you do when nobody's looking.
Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7856535 05/31/20 05:40 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Something to think about, and I am just throwing this out there because it is hard to hear:

Jesus says to love our enemies, to turn our cheek when hit on one side, so our other side can be hit.
We are all sinners, we all deserve the same fate. Jesus died for our sins so that we may spend eternal
Life with Him. That means he also died for those people we call thugs out there doing wrong. Jesus didn’t turn his back to those who tortured him, who hung him on the cross, and He certainly didn’t die JUST for you and me, but for everyone. That means everyone.

Just as two wrongs don’t make a right, two hates don’t turn into love. If you hate on these people you are essentially saying what Jesus did wasn’t enough and you are setting yourself up for something far worse when your judgement day comes.

Good words, thanks!

Romans 3:23 says it all.

Matthew 5:9 too...

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7856539 05/31/20 05:47 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
[Linked Image]

texas flag

Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7856545 05/31/20 05:50 PM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Times like these just reinforce why hi capacity magazines are a necessity.

Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: Sniper.270] #7856549 05/31/20 05:55 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Sniper.270

You are correct in what you say. I would add a few things.

One, our government should be deciding and handling the situations we witness. God speaks of rulers as doing what is right, or should. However, as we see, our government is so off the rails that this Godly expectation has broken down. We should trust and believe that God will judge. That all is known by God. But when you see open defiance of law and your government doing nothing, human nature takes control.

He died to give us all the opportunity for eternal life and peace on this world. Many people often misunderstand what “love or enemies” means. This is not the love we have for family or friends. Love in this reference is talking about loving sinners and praying, wanting, witnessing, and hoping they will find God and seek redemption. It does not mean you love them so you forgive them or do not hold them responsible for their actions. Such as you might a loved one.

There will be no “far worse” for anyone regardless of sins committed. Your sins, whatever they are, do not send you to hell, or put in the Great White Throne Judgement. Your denial/refusal to accept Jesus as your savior is what sends you to hell. The same fate all unsaved will face. The sentence for all those is eternity away from God.

Read Revelations about the opening of the seventh seal. It says that there was silence in Heaven for half an hour. Why? Because all of heaven knew the judgement that was coming. Jesus is judgement at this point. All have been given plenty of opportunities to repent. Those that did not will now face a judgement that caused Heaven to go silent. God has everything under his control. Have peace in this fact.

Sniper, agree with some and I think you missed my point. By not showing love (not agape love like you said) we are saying that Jesus is not correct when he said to love our enemies. He said that in the face of the Jewish people living among the Roman soldiers, in a Roman occupied state/colony/area where “police” brutality was common, where one could be arrested for simply speaking out against the “god” Caesar, and such other trivial matters. When Jesus said love your enemies, He said that in the face of much worse conditions we live in today.

As Christians we are called to live a different life, to be lights on a cliff. We can not let or confuse our worldly issues cloud our eyes on Jesus as our goal. Any other goal is considered an idol. We can not serve God and country, we can only serve one. Anything we put before the Word is simply an idol to be cast aside. I completely agree God is in control, and one day we will have a renewed world, but until then we live in a cursed world that will have sin, but as Christians we need to be lights for the whole world to see, anything less and we are fooling ourselves. Jesus talks of people who call on His name yet will be cast aside as people He didn’t know, we need to be very careful when we cast out whole groups of people as “unworthy” because in doing so we are setting up a different “worldly standard” that is not of Jesus and is not what Jesus said is the standard. His is the only standard. There is none other. To suggest otherwise is simply foolhardy and idolizing the world standard we have set up.

Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: NORML as can be] #7856550 05/31/20 05:58 PM
GNTX Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by NORML as can be
Gonna get worse before it gets better.

You called it. Yup, getting worse by the day.

Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: pnh] #7856551 05/31/20 05:59 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by pnh

Well, I ain't Jesus!

And neither am I. But that doesn’t stop me from trying to be closer to His ideal of Christian life. A life centered on Him, focused on Him. We all fall short of this as humans in a fallen world. Doesn’t mean we can’t get back up and keep Working on it.

Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7856558 05/31/20 06:08 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Just to add a bit of levity...The other day I saw a bumper sticker on a pretty bad arse Jeep. At first It looked like "Black Live Matter." As I got closer I realized it had a cartoon pic of a Jeep with stick figures flying off the front and the caption was "All Lives Splatter." I chuckled.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7856559 05/31/20 06:08 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
I apologize if you think I missed your point, as I may have. But I believe any difference is semantics. I absolutely agree with what you just said. We are in this world, but not of this world as Christians. We should have love for all Gods children. We should mirror God that all should not perish. Those who do evil are still Gods children and he desires for all to be saved.

Proverbs 2
Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7856571 05/31/20 06:14 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
The United States of America will be designating ANTIFA as a Terrorist Organization.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...-organization-following-violent-protests

Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: Sniper.270] #7856574 05/31/20 06:19 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Sniper.270
I apologize if you think I missed your point, as I may have. But I believe any difference is semantics. I absolutely agree with what you just said. We are in this world, but not of this world as Christians. We should have love for all Gods children. We should mirror God that all should not perish. Those who do evil are still Gods children and he desires for all to be saved.

cheers

He desires for all to be saved. I think His word is clear not all will be, but as a loving father, He wants the best for all His children.

Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: krmitchell] #7856577 05/31/20 06:25 PM
T
texfork Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by krmitchell

Prayer is the "ultimate" wireless connection .
Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7856581 05/31/20 06:35 PM
P
pnh Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
I understand your point Buckeye and I also happen to agree with you but man, these idiots make it awful hard for me to have any compassion for them!

Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: texfork] #7856582 05/31/20 06:37 PM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by texfork

[Linked Image]

Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: pnh] #7856589 05/31/20 06:40 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by pnh
I understand your point Buckeye and I also happen to agree with you but man, these idiots make it awful hard for me to have any compassion for them!

And that’s exactly the point. If we all looked at our lives we would probably say the same about each of us at some point....we are all a bunch of idiots. But love wins, not in the worldly sense of course. In the external sense yes!

Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: pnh] #7856595 05/31/20 06:52 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by pnh

Don’t they though? I find my human nature wanting to just dispense justice here and now. It is very hard to witness such craziness and insanity and not let emotions take over. Only through Christ can we find that peace that allows us to not react to those emotions. Just like TB said, all of us in our sin nature are capable of horrendous acts.

Proverbs 2
Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: Stub] #7856598 05/31/20 06:58 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Stub
[Linked Image]

roflmao

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7856629 05/31/20 07:32 PM
P
pnh Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
I'm just glad that I live out here in the "country " like Bill! grin

Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7856634 05/31/20 07:37 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Funny, all these big city demonrats who have been so strict on protected free speech, now let the devil run loose on their cities to prey on the same business owners they are strangling with their policy's.

Hard to follow their narrative, it changes daily now.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: krmitchell] #7856637 05/31/20 07:43 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...saw-why-americans-own-16-million-ar-15s/

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: skinnerback] #7856648 05/31/20 07:50 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by texfork

[Linked Image]

texas flag

Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7856649 05/31/20 07:52 PM
D
DannyB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
[Linked Image]

Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7856662 05/31/20 08:02 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
When thinking about these rioters and looters, is it a sin to have thoughts of squadrons of A-10's and the theme from Apocalypse Now blaring from all of the rooftops?

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: Grizz] #7856671 05/31/20 08:14 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Grizz
When thinking about these rioters and looters, is it a sin to have thoughts of squadrons of A-10's and the theme from Apocalypse Now blaring from all of the rooftops?

It is human to have those thoughts, and anyone that doesn’t have those thoughts isn’t human. Two wrongs never make right, we all know that.

But as humans we have a sin nature, so wishing bad upon fellow humans is to wish bad upon the very creation that God loves, so yes you could consider those thoughts sin. It is not Christian to say we need to just show love and not wish bad upon them, it is the power of Christ that allows us to openly say that. Expressing just mere Christian thoughts doesn’t make one a Christ follower, it is the act of accepting His grace while at the same time turning your life over to Him, which means we must have obedience to Him. Something tells me Jesus’s would not wish Bad upon those people, and simply see them as lost sheep. My guess is he would pray to His Father for them and their souls not to be lost to the evil one. Does that mean we need to go out to the riots and preach the good news of Jesus, not unless you are called to do so by Jesus. However, speaking and writing in ways that are contrary to what we know
Jesus would want is essentially going against His will, which is sin.

Re: Riots in Minnisota [Re: Texas buckeye] #7856681 05/31/20 08:28 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Grizz

It is human to have those thoughts, and anyone that doesn’t have those thoughts isn’t human. Two wrongs never make right, we all know that.

But as humans we have a sin nature, so wishing bad upon fellow humans is to wish bad upon the very creation that God loves, so yes you could consider those thoughts sin. It is not Christian to say we need to just show love and not wish bad upon them, it is the power of Christ that allows us to openly say that. Expressing just mere Christian thoughts doesn’t make one a Christ follower, it is the act of accepting His grace while at the same time turning your life over to Him, which means we must have obedience to Him. Something tells me Jesus’s would not wish Bad upon those people, and simply see them as lost sheep. My guess is he would pray to His Father for them and their souls not to be lost to the evil one. Does that mean we need to go out to the riots and preach the good news of Jesus, not unless you are called to do so by Jesus. However, speaking and writing in ways that are contrary to what we know
Jesus would want is essentially going against His will, which is sin.

Well said.

One of two things will happen. One, they will find Jesus, their sins forgiven by the grace of God and covered by the blood of Christ. If that happens their life will change and they will spend eternity with Christ in Heaven. Two, they will not find Jesus and they will face the ultimate judgement one can imagine. No one escapes the perfect justice of Christ. We will either stand and be judged or Christ stands in for us. Their is no other option.

Proverbs 2
Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide