Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Healthy B'fast [Re: DannyB] #7852078 05/26/20 10:38 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by DannyB
Originally Posted by txtrophy85

I'm not disagreeing with the info in that link just because it is from PETA. I am actually open minded and have changed my eating habits many times in my life base on what "they" say is good or bad for you. I thought "they" were saying now that we could skip the fat free milk now because some fat is actually good for us. I got used to, and drank, fat free milk long enough to finally like it.

"They" said years ago to quit margarine and eat butter now. Is that bad info? I don't really know. I've tasted almond milk and guess I could get used to it, if I thought it was necessary.

"They" issued numerous articles a few years ago telling how bastardized the wheat is now and to not fool ourselves with whole wheat bread. I ate that cardboard bread long enough to tolerate it. There were articles out titled something like "not your grandparent's wheat." The articles indicated that whole wheat turned straight to sugar. Now I eat whatever bread on the shelf that looks good at the moment.

I tend to think the experts change their advice too often to worry about it much anymore.

Half stuff is false, antibiotics is an easy one, Just like the hormone free posting requirements, every medicine has a half life, you must be past the withdraw periods for milk or meat before collection/process, been an USDA requirement for decades.

Cholesterol is also false, leading cause of heart attacks are genetics in relation to your nature cholesterol particle size, smaller you natural particle size is more risk you are for a clogged arteries. It’s small size that build up and calcify.

Big particles bounce, small collect.

Allergies are person specific, about thats the only real truth are some people have lactose allergies

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Healthy B'fast [Re: Cool Mo D] #7852081 05/26/20 10:44 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
PETA for facts, lmao.

Pretty sure bacon and eggs are good for the soul.

Re: Healthy B'fast [Re: Paluxy] #7852091 05/26/20 10:52 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Hancock
PETA for facts, lmao.

Pretty sure bacon and eggs are good for the soul.

What I normally have for breakfast, I switch it up with breakfast sausage, and jap cheese sausage.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Healthy B'fast [Re: Cool Mo D] #7852109 05/26/20 11:11 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
The low fat diets pedaled for the last fifty years are wrong, in terms of losing weight. Bobo is right, in my opinion. Cut the carbs, especially sugar. Natural fat, such as what is on meat or unprocessed foods, is good for you. Processed foods, and their carbs, are not.

Remove the toast from your breakfast. If you have a doctor telling you to cut down on cholesterol or something, look into turkey or chicken sausage (I’m sure you can find one you like, but really they’re pretty good).

If dairy is an issue for you, cut out cheese and the like. Everyone reacts differently to things. In general, I’ve been extremely pleased cutting carbs and increasing fiber. I’m not doing Keto, but I’m limiting carbs and processed foods. If it wasn’t for beer and bourbon on the weekends, I’d be down even further. As it stands now, I’m down 27 pounds since January eating two low-carb fajita size tortillas with a slice of Colby jack cheese, four slices of Chicken deli meat and a little chipotle mayo. For dinner, we eat Brussels sprouts, mashed cauliflower mashed potatoes (they taste nothing like mashed potatoes, but they’re good) and a protein, usually chicken, but I’ll smoke a pork butt or brisket, or we’ll eat cheddar brats or something. I skip breakfast because I’m also doing intermittent fasting.

It’s worked for me, but I believe the biggest thing has been limiting carbs, especially unnatural carbs (processed foods).

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Healthy B'fast [Re: Cool Mo D] #7852112 05/26/20 11:13 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I was a little shocked to see a PETA link on this forum. I wouldn’t put it past them to be using that data to further their treatment of animals mantra.

I stand with Bobo on this topic.

[Linked Image]
Re: Healthy B'fast [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7852124 05/26/20 11:27 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
I was a little shocked to see a PETA link on this forum. I wouldn’t put it past them to be using that data to further their treatment of animals mantra.

He is just messing, it’s pretty funny come back if think about it clap

Re: Healthy B'fast [Re: Cool Mo D] #7852133 05/26/20 11:37 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Some of the advice on this thread is like Custer giving advice on fighting Indians.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Healthy B'fast [Re: bill oxner] #7852146 05/26/20 11:55 PM
D
DannyB Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Some of the advice on this thread is like Custer giving advice on fighting Indians.
roflmao

I'll eat foods like Bill eats if it gets me past 80 at home.

I heard Dana Perino today on Fox say that the nursing home victims of Covid lost on average ten years of their life. I told my wife if I'm in a crash tomorrow that will put me in a nursing home to find the sickest, Covid ridden nursing home in America and take me to it.

Re: Healthy B'fast [Re: Cool Mo D] #7852149 05/27/20 12:01 AM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I adhere ( normally, I’m just exiting my quarantine binge) to a diet that limits the amount of bread, pasta and dairy I intake.

I absolutely believe milk is unhealthy. I used to drink a gallon of it about every other day, every third day as well as ate yogurt, was in the gym 5x’s a week and could never lose that last layer of baby fat. I finally figured it out, cut all that crap out and dropped it within 4 weeks, and felt a hell of a lot better to boot. I think the food pyramid they sold us at school is a steaming pile of bull poo.

Sugar is the next devil they sold us.

Processed food is the third.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Healthy B'fast [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7852170 05/27/20 12:42 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

He is just messing, it’s pretty funny come back if think about it clap

roflmao

I just wanted to go on record as saying that, in case it wasn’t a busting your chops scenario.

Last edited by Duck_Hunter; 05/27/20 12:45 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Healthy B'fast [Re: txtrophy85] #7852192 05/27/20 01:07 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
I adhere ( normally, I’m just exiting my quarantine binge) to a diet that limits the amount of bread, pasta and dairy I intake.

I absolutely believe milk is unhealthy. I used to drink a gallon of it about every other day, every third day as well as ate yogurt, was in the gym 5x’s a week and could never lose that last layer of baby fat. I finally figured it out, cut all that crap out and dropped it within 4 weeks, and felt a hell of a lot better to boot. I think the food pyramid they sold us at school is a steaming pile of bull poo.

Sugar is the next devil they sold us.

Processed food is the third.

Only thing you can drink a gallon of and still have a healthy caloric intake is water, up

Last edited by BOBO the Clown; 05/27/20 01:19 AM.

Re: Healthy B'fast [Re: Cool Mo D] #7852198 05/27/20 01:14 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
The food pyramid is for sure outdated. We were sold on low fat since the 50s, and that’s ridiculous. Eating natural fat doesn’t cause you to be fat. Carbs and processed foods make you fat (fiber, which counts as carbs, helps lose weight, so it balances out other natural carbs).

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide