Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
SWFA Customer service? #7846376 05/21/20 03:57 AM
U
unclebubba Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
U
I have never used SWFA before, but had always heard great things about them and thier customer service. They have a Burris Veracity and fullfield scope package. Basically, 2 scopes for the price of one. $650. So I ordered on April 27th, and they charged my card. Rings show up in a couple days, but no scopes. I called, and was told that the scope was coming from the distributor direct, and would be shipped in afew days. A week later, I called looking for my scopes. Now, evidently they are on Backorder, and are supposed to be shipped "Friday or Monday". Monday comes, and i still haven't received tracking. I call them back and they apologize that it's taking so long, they really aren't sure when it will ship, but they are trying to get it done. Today, almost a month after my order, I received a tracking number for 4 scopes! I check my credit card, and it has been charged again. Called SWFA again. They don't know how those other two scopes got on there. Now I am told that they will send me a return label for the scopes that I didn't order, and after I return them, they will refund my card for the purchase that I didn't purchase in the first place! After such high expectations, this is a real let down.

Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: unclebubba] #7846451 05/21/20 11:08 AM
W
wp75169 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
W
I understand the delay with the current COVID crap but the double charge should have been handled immediately with them sending you a shipping label to return them when you get them in. Kinda surprising to me too.

On a side note Midway USA is taking 3 weeks to get me a reloading die. They’re usually 3 days tops. Amazon is listin the same 3-4 week delays.

Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: wp75169] #7846541 05/21/20 01:01 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by wp75169
I understand the delay with the current COVID crap but the double charge should have been handled immediately with them sending you a shipping label to return them when you get them in. Kinda surprising to me too.

On a side note Midway USA is taking 3 weeks to get me a reloading die. They’re usually 3 days tops. Amazon is listin the same 3-4 week delays.

I've never had a problem with SWFA, but I always used Skylar direct. Midway sometimes are really fast and sometimes seem to drag their feet. As far as Amazon, not sure if its because I'm prime or not, but I've ordered around $1k of wood working tools in the last week and most of it was here yesterday with only a few straggler items coming in Saturday. Same with my son's birthday gifts, I haven't seen any of the delays others have talked about with Amazon.

[Linked Image]

Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: unclebubba] #7847280 05/22/20 01:21 AM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
So they sent a scope I bought to the wrong person and refused to send me my scope because then “they would be out a scope”. They weee fine with me not having my scope though

POS company as far as I am concerned....too many better dealers

Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: unclebubba] #7847288 05/22/20 01:28 AM
K
KK30RAR Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
Originally Posted by unclebubba
I have never used SWFA before, but had always heard great things about them and thier customer service. They have a Burris Veracity and fullfield scope package. Basically, 2 scopes for the price of one. $650. So I ordered on April 27th, and they charged my card. Rings show up in a couple days, but no scopes. I called, and was told that the scope was coming from the distributor direct, and would be shipped in afew days. A week later, I called looking for my scopes. Now, evidently they are on Backorder, and are supposed to be shipped "Friday or Monday". Monday comes, and i still haven't received tracking. I call them back and they apologize that it's taking so long, they really aren't sure when it will ship, but they are trying to get it done. Today, almost a month after my order, I received a tracking number for 4 scopes! I check my credit card, and it has been charged again. Called SWFA again. They don't know how those other two scopes got on there. Now I am told that they will send me a return label for the scopes that I didn't order, and after I return them, they will refund my card for the purchase that I didn't purchase in the first place! After such high expectations, this is a real let down.

The drive would be worth the trip return them directly to their store this shipping and waiting crap wouldn’t work for myself

Pulsar xq50 trail
Pulsar xq30f Helion
Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: unclebubba] #7847292 05/22/20 01:32 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Troubled times we are in, in the gun business.

I would forgive them. Too many times have they done great work. As much experience as I have with them, I would give them a pass. I know that is no consolation to a new customer, but judging them under the current situation is not a fair assessment of how they truly operate.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: unclebubba] #7847393 05/22/20 03:40 AM
O
okstatefan Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
I'm with Jason on this one. I have had too many good dealings with SWFA to judge them during the most jacked-up situation I have ever lived through ( I say lived like I'll continue to do so smile ). Point being, yes Skyler is on to other things, but they have still been rock solid in all of my experiences.

Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: unclebubba] #7847399 05/22/20 03:49 AM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
They should have said upfront they weren’t personally shipping this out. They did that to me back before they upgraded their inventory system. I bought an ‘in-stock’ item, only to find out a week later it was not in stock, and not even coming from them. And I had to call to get that information, they were a black hole of communication. I’ve since had two decent transactions with them.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: unclebubba] #7847403 05/22/20 03:51 AM
U
unclebubba Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
U
The lack in timeliness of shipping was frustrating, but forgivable considering what we are dealing with. Being told it would ship Friday or Monday, and then waiting almost 2 more weeks was even more frustrating, but again, I was just chalking it up to "everyone has a bad day now and then". Sending me double my order, and charging me double, then making me wait to get my incorrect charge refunded was the last straw. Coincidentally, I ordered some ammo and a trigger from Midway during the same time frame, and recieved my order a day ahead of schedule.

Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: unclebubba] #7847588 05/22/20 01:17 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
I've had more than one poor experience with them, I'll just leave it at that.
Too many other reputable places to buy optics to try them again, even if they were giving away scopes.

Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: unclebubba] #7847626 05/22/20 02:08 PM
R
Rowney Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
R
SWFA is the best in the biz, I have used them for years. The current climate is screwing with everyone, I tried to get some stuff from optics planet and they are so backed up they wont even answer the phone. I ordered a scope and burris mount from SWFA a few weeks ago, then called to confirm shipping, they answered, talked through it, etc, and everything arrived when they said. If nothing else, the fact that they will pick up the phone and talk to you is a plus compared to other places.

I also live 10 minutes away, so I can walk in and get what I need more often than not. The recent scope I ordered had to be shipped from Sig direct and SWFA handled it well.

Right now shipping has more to do with the carriers than the place you buy from, but SWFA will continue to get my business.

As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind...Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks--Thomas Jefferson
Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: unclebubba] #7847641 05/22/20 02:24 PM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I don’t care anything about the current climate. If I’m out $650 for a while because of your screw up that’s a problem.

Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: cbump] #7847644 05/22/20 02:28 PM
Q
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted by cbump
I don’t care anything about the current climate. If I’m out $650 for a while because of your screw up that’s a problem.

That should have been refunded immediately, and my next call would have been to my bank/card company.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: unclebubba] #7847795 05/22/20 05:49 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
This could be the case of one bad apple ruining the whole bunch.

One bad employee can produce a negative connotation toward an entire company.

I've got no skin in the game with SWFA, just lots of transactions, phone calls, and emails. They've always done a great job, even after Skylar left. I sure hope this isn't a sign of what they are going to turn into.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: unclebubba] #7848076 05/22/20 10:06 PM
T
Txhillbilly Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I won't spend a dime on SWFA. Before they moved to Midlothian,I wasted two trips to Red Oak after they told me on the phone that they had the scopes that I wanted to look at IN STOCK so I could look and compare them side by side. They didn't have any of the scopes that I wanted to see in stock,and I spent a long time on the phone with them to make sure they had the exact model #'s that I wanted.

Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: unclebubba] #7848883 05/23/20 09:56 PM
C
cmorsch Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
They stopped getting my business when they stopped offering the discount for thf. That and they went to more of a drop shipping outfit and if they ship from distributors and not from their own stock I may as well look for better pricing elsewhere online.

Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: Rowney] #7849521 05/24/20 04:56 PM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Rowney
SWFA is the best in the biz, I have used them for years. The current climate is screwing with everyone, I tried to get some stuff from optics planet and they are so backed up they wont even answer the phone. I ordered a scope and burris mount from SWFA a few weeks ago, then called to confirm shipping, they answered, talked through it, etc, and everything arrived when they said. If nothing else, the fact that they will pick up the phone and talk to you is a plus compared to other places.

I also live 10 minutes away, so I can walk in and get what I need more often than not. The recent scope I ordered had to be shipped from Sig direct and SWFA handled it well.

Right now shipping has more to do with the carriers than the place you buy from, but SWFA will continue to get my business.

Current climate is no excuse for double charging a customer, and not refunding it immediately. I understand they are missing product until it gets returned, but taking an extra $650 from a customer could t potentially have serious financial consequences for some people. They don’t know the circumstances. And if a customer doesn’t make much money but has saved for a long while for a scope til they could scrape the extra together, that $650 could mean a late rent payment, car payment, or anything else. It’s inexcusable in my opinion.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: unclebubba] #7849551 05/24/20 05:30 PM
Bbcat78 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Dealt with them once and they were so rude I left

Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: unclebubba] #7849785 05/24/20 10:44 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Been there a bunch of times. Always had good experiences. Never heard of them drop-shipping items though, so hopefully this isn't their new MO. But I think judging any company on issues during COVID is tough. They ultimately got it taken care of.

Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: patriot07] #7849791 05/24/20 10:47 PM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by patriot07
Been there a bunch of times. Always had good experiences. Never heard of them drop-shipping items though, so hopefully this isn't their new MO. But I think judging any company on issues during COVID is tough. They ultimately got it taken care of.

Did they? I didn’t see an update.

Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: cbump] #7850063 05/25/20 02:37 AM
U
unclebubba Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
U

I had it delivered to the Ranch, where we've pretty much been living since March. We're heading home tomorrow, so that will be my first chance to get to UPS, so, no. They have not rectified anything really.

Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: unclebubba] #7850103 05/25/20 03:06 AM
P
patriot07 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P

I had it delivered to the Ranch, where we've pretty much been living since March. We're heading home tomorrow, so that will be my first chance to get to UPS, so, no. They have not rectified anything really.

Am I wrong that they sent a shipping label and agreed to send a refund if you sent the product back? What else could you expect?

Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: unclebubba] #7850113 05/25/20 03:12 AM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
bang

Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: patriot07] #7850324 05/25/20 01:47 PM
Q
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q

Am I wrong that they sent a shipping label and agreed to send a refund if you sent the product back? What else could you expect?

I would expect not to get popped for $650 twice on THEIR MISTAKE and for them to refund the extra charge immediately. As pointed out above, for some people that missing $650 could cause major problems. If you make the mistake, you make it right and don’t burden the customer.

[Linked Image]

Re: SWFA Customer service? [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #7851524 05/26/20 01:52 PM
U
unclebubba Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks

I would expect not to get popped for $650 twice on THEIR MISTAKE and for them to refund the extra charge immediately. As pointed out above, for some people that missing $650 could cause major problems. If you make the mistake, you make it right and don’t burden the customer.

Exactly. I am very blessed in that $650 isn't making much of an impact in my life right now, but there have been times in my life where it would have made a HUGE impact.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide