Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: skinnerback] #7846927 05/21/20 06:44 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by skinnerback
No, Snapper, it's not all about me or all about my brothers in Oil & Gas. It's about all of us. All professions are CHOSEN for different reasons, I'm not gonna laugh at anyone and run my mouth when someone loses their job.

I am not laughing at anyone who lost a job. Oil or any other. I am point out the hypocrisy of your argument about Oil. Were you whining when gas was 3.50 a gallon? Were you crying for those who could not afford to go to work? For those who could not afford clothes? Or, were you just rolling in the prosperity of your chosen job then. Everyone knows the answer to that. The truth is always the truth. Sometimes it just stings a bit. That is where growth comes from.

Proverbs 2
Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: Sneaky] #7846930 05/21/20 06:46 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Come on, Sniper. Tell us what happened. It was a pipeliner, wasn’t it? Those guys annoy me, too.

You think that simplistic, immature, and pitiful reply can affect me? Seriously? You really think YOU have the ability to flip this? You’re small ball. Go back to the bench and fetch some water for the big boys. This is out of your league.

Proverbs 2
Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: pegasaurus] #7846944 05/21/20 07:06 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by pegasaurus
Originally Posted by DeRico

Sounds good to me, I like paying cheap on gas. hope it stays this way.

Yup. Higher oil prices just means more profit for the oil companies and more expensive shipping costs for products that are rolled to the consumers. realmad

I guess you're perfectly happy to let the Saudi's and other ragheads own the energy market. Get a clue.

Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: Sniper.270] #7846946 05/21/20 07:09 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Sniper.270
No, Snapper, it's not all about me or all about my brothers in Oil & Gas. It's about all of us. All professions are CHOSEN for different reasons, I'm not gonna laugh at anyone and run my mouth when someone loses their job.

I am not laughing at anyone who lost a job. Oil or any other. I am point out the hypocrisy of your argument about Oil. Were you whining when gas was 3.50 a gallon? Were you crying for those who could not afford to go to work? For those who could not afford clothes? Or, were you just rolling in the prosperity of your chosen job then. Everyone knows the answer to that. The truth is always the truth. Sometimes it just stings a bit. That is where growth comes from.

Again, ALL professions are chosen. I didn't care for the $3.50/gallon gas, either. I already tried to explain the happy medium to you. I am not selfish or self serving. When there was a happy medium, I was able to employ folks that before could not afford to pay their rent, buy clothes, food, prescriptions. IF they were willing to get off their dead azz. They had a choice, keep struggling to pay your bills or take a job that pays more.

You keep singling out OIl & Gas hands on these threads and giving lectures like we don't know the risks of our profession. Are you lecturing the small business owners and their employees that have lost their jobs during all this? Are you lecturing our police officers or firefighters when one of them are injured or killed? After all, they knew the risks of their profession as well. I never came on here whining and crying about losing my job, I will however call out the hypocrisy of some keyboard commando when he continuously rubs salt in the wounds of people who work in a certain profession. Plenty of other folks in other professions have lost their jobs too, but I never see you lecturing or laughing at them. Only Oil & Gas.

I'm not whining or crying about chit. We know the risks and we'll come back strong, it's the nature of the beast. You have some sort of an issue with the oil field, your condescending remarks make that pretty obvious. Yall enjoy the cheap gas. up God bless.

Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: HWY_MAN] #7846948 05/21/20 07:13 PM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
$50 by December 🙏🏼

Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: Jgraider] #7846953 05/21/20 07:20 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Jgraider

Yup. Higher oil prices just means more profit for the oil companies and more expensive shipping costs for products that are rolled to the consumers. realmad

I guess you're perfectly happy to let the Saudi's and other ragheads own the energy market. Get a clue.

Yep. The statement that "it's all about you" can be played both ways. I would rather pay a little more for products/consumables and keep my fellow American in business, vs spending my money on crap from overseas and killing jobs here.

Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: Jgraider] #7846960 05/21/20 07:26 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

Do you really want to go into the deeper debate of the economics with SA and OPEC? Fine, we can, but then we will see that the reason SA is able to control the market is because of the economic decisions of the American oil companies. American oil can rule the oil market if they chose. They, the US oil companies are not willing to give up the tremendous revenues. You want to talk about why it cost the US so much more to produce a barrel of oil, 20 - 24 + -, depending on shale or non, as compared to SA? Why can Russia, Russia produce a barrel of oil, 20 + -, cheaper than we can? Why can SA produce a barrel for 10 bucks or less? I’d SA overtakes Russia, which they will, we must at least look at how American oil companies play the game. All those talking about the brotherhood of oil needs to ask the higher ups, the real decision makers about this brotherhood. Economics. It’s always the economics.

Proverbs 2
Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: skinnerback] #7846974 05/21/20 07:38 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

Again, ALL professions are chosen. I didn't care for the $3.50/gallon gas, either. I already tried to explain the happy medium to you. I am not selfish or self serving. When there was a happy medium, I was able to employ folks that before could not afford to pay their rent, buy clothes, food, prescriptions. IF they were willing to get off their dead azz. They had a choice, keep struggling to pay your bills or take a job that pays more.

You keep singling out OIl & Gas hands on these threads and giving lectures like we don't know the risks of our profession. Are you lecturing the small business owners and their employees that have lost their jobs during all this? Are you lecturing our police officers or firefighters when one of them are injured or killed? After all, they knew the risks of their profession as well. I never came on here whining and crying about losing my job, I will however call out the hypocrisy of some keyboard commando when he continuously rubs salt in the wounds of people who work in a certain profession. Plenty of other folks in other professions have lost their jobs too, but I never see you lecturing or laughing at them. Only Oil & Gas.

I'm not whining or crying about chit. We know the risks and we'll come back strong, it's the nature of the beast. You have some sort of an issue with the oil field, your condescending remarks make that pretty obvious. Yall enjoy the cheap gas. up God bless.

Please direct me to the thread where hourly employees in education have come on here whining and complaining on how they are out of a job and do not necessarily get paid by a district and are having to file for unemployment.

Please direct me to the thread where the nurses have come on here and whined and complained about having to file for unemployment or lost their job because many/most hospitals have canceled elective surgeries. Where hospitals get their most money.

Please direct me to the thread where hospitality workers have come on here whining and complaining about their job ending!

Please direct me to the thread where all the millions, not thousands and thousands, are trying to file unemployment and cannot get it by the time food and bills are needed?

Please direct me to the threads where millions of small business owners are on here whining and complaining about not being out of work, but losing their entire life.

Again, if it makes you feel better to think it has to be me having some issue with oil/gas so be it. Whatever makes you feel better. I have nothing against any field. I have issues with anyone whining about a decision he/she made.

The only real animosity I have is towards our government. They could have prevented all this. However, we voted them in and so we are getting the result of our decision.

Proverbs 2
Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: Sniper.270] #7846983 05/21/20 07:51 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
So if you work in Oil & Gas and tell folks on the THF (on an Oil & Gas thread) that you are being laid off, in your opinion we are whining and crying. Got it. up

Re read your bottom sig, "The right to an opinion gives absolutely no validity to that opinion".

I guess we whine when oil is down, and others whine when oil is up. We're all just a bunch of whiners.

smile ani

Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: skinnerback] #7846984 05/21/20 07:53 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Apparently so. Thousands upon thousands of us getting laid off, let's laugh about it.

Yelp all so he can say he maybe saved 300 a year at the pump.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: skinnerback] #7846992 05/21/20 07:59 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
So if you work in Oil & Gas and tell folks on the THF (on an Oil & Gas thread) that you are being laid off, in your opinion we are whining and crying. Got it. up

Re read your bottom sig, "The right to an opinion gives absolutely no validity to that opinion".

I guess we whine when oil is down, and others whine when oil is up. We're all just a bunch of whiners.

smile ani

Absolutely not. Attacking those that say they are enjoying the low prices because they do not understand economics and such. Yes that is whining.

Absolutely so. My opinion is absolutely mine. It carries absolutely no more weight than it’s mine. If you do not like it, I certainly have no ill will. To each his own. A forum is inherently for simply sharing those opinions.

Absolutely agree. America has become a nation of whiners and lazy people. We brought all this on ourselves. We are responsible.

Proverbs 2
Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7846995 05/21/20 08:02 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Apparently so. Thousands upon thousands of us getting laid off, let's laugh about it.

Yelp all so he can say he maybe saved 300 a year at the pump.

So you know how much I, or anyone else saves. Do you get to decide where that savings go? If it is saved and not spent. Should it be? You decide? Again, you are playing the person who gets to decide what other people should do and whether it is valid or not. Nope. Afraid that is not valid. Not in America. That’s not my opinion. That is America. We make our own choices.

Proverbs 2
Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: Sniper.270] #7846998 05/21/20 08:06 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef

smile ani

Absolutely not. Attacking those that say they are enjoying the low prices because they do not understand economics and such. Yes that is whining.

Absolutely so. My opinion is absolutely mine. It carries absolutely no more weight than it’s mine. If you do not like it, I certainly have no ill will. To each his own. A forum is inherently for simply sharing those opinions.

Absolutely agree. America has become a nation of whiners and lazy people. We brought all this on ourselves. We are responsible.

So to be clear, I never intended to attack anyone. I have no ill will either. I don't want to send this to the bunker, so I'll stop there and not get political.

Y'all have a nice day.

Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: Jgraider] #7846999 05/21/20 08:08 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

They already do but it not just the Saudis, it is Russia also. That is why the price of oil went where it did before the covid hit. The US is not a dominant supplier.
Get a clue.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: HWY_MAN] #7847000 05/21/20 08:08 PM
KRoyal Offline
Texoma Legend
Texoma Legend
Bunch a freakin whiners in here!!! grin

[Linked Image]

Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: HWY_MAN] #7847001 05/21/20 08:08 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Coiled tubing hand? They can be kind of scary.

Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: HWY_MAN] #7847005 05/21/20 08:10 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Let me be clear. I'd be happy to pay. More to do my part.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: Sneaky] #7847011 05/21/20 08:14 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef

rofl Or maybe a Hot Tapper roflmao My Cousin was an Operations Manager for a local hot tap/torquing service company, some of those guys are kinda scary too. I say was, because he just got laid off too. Oops, didn't mean to whine. grin

Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: bill oxner] #7847013 05/21/20 08:14 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Let me be clear. I'd be happy to pay. More to do my part.

My 401 thanks you.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: Sneaky] #7847019 05/21/20 08:20 PM
L
LonestarCobra Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L

I bet it was a snubbing hand, we all know how they are. grin

Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: Sneaky] #7847024 05/21/20 08:24 PM
HWY_MAN Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Come on, Sniper. Tell us what happened. It was a pipeliner, wasn’t it? Those guys annoy me, too.

Had to have been a pipeline welder, always playing with the stinger.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: LonestarCobra] #7847030 05/21/20 08:30 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by LonestarCobra

I bet it was a snubbing hand, we all know how they are. grin

Sounds like you boys have had a taste of it all? What you “boys” do with the extra oil is your business.

But y’all go back to the kiddie pool. Let the big dogs handle the serious conversation. Not interested in your after hours “mud” stories. duel

Proverbs 2
Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: Sniper.270] #7847031 05/21/20 08:31 PM
HWY_MAN Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
You want to talk about why it cost the US so much more to produce a barrel of oil, 20 - 24 + -, depending on shale or non, as compared to SA? Why can Russia, Russia produce a barrel of oil, 20 + -, cheaper than we can? Why can SA produce a barrel for 10 bucks or less?

I'd sure like to hear your detailed answer to that.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: HWY_MAN] #7847034 05/21/20 08:34 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by HWY_MAN

Had to have been a pipeline welder, always playing with the stinger.

When you contribute stupid comments like this, you are out of the conversation.
Go find a thread for Whiners Anonymous.

Proverbs 2
Re: Oil's 34.16 [Re: Sniper.270] #7847038 05/21/20 08:37 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

So you know how much I, or anyone else saves. Do you get to decide where that savings go? If it is saved and not spent. Should it be? You decide? Again, you are playing the person who gets to decide what other people should do and whether it is valid or not. Nope. Afraid that is not valid. Not in America. That’s not my opinion. That is America. We make our own choices.

If I truly was telling you what to do with your savings I’d tell you to go buy a clue with it. Mocking others unemployment is pretty tasteless.

I average 30k a year driving and my wife another 25k. I damn sure ain’t going to brag about the savings to a forum thats got a high percentage of oil and gas employement and retirements!!! Painful waiting friends that are retired go back to work at 73

That’s about par for you, you do same thing with religion, chastise every one that not in same Christian denomination as you.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide