Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,755
Posts9,728,717
Members87,039
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Openings in a Duck club that's 23 miles from Stuttgart, AR #7827570 05/03/20 04:56 AM
D
Diverman Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
D
We have 2 openings in our Mixed Bag Duck Club. Our clubhouse is just outside of Sherrill, AR, and we hunt 6 Fields and 75 acres of Green Timber - a total of 17 places to hunt. They are around Wabbaseka, Sherrill and Gethsemane. We presently have 8 Members and are looking to add 2 more. In an average year we kill 550 - 750 ducks and geese. Our annual assessment is from $3,800 to $4,200. Call or email me if you'd like more information.

(501) 590-4223 raminlr@sbcglobal.net

Re: Openings in a Duck club that's 23 miles from Stuttgart, AR [Re: Diverman] #7827873 05/03/20 06:36 PM
2flyfish4 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Gunna be alot of this going on the next few years till the economy recovers

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: Openings in a Duck club that's 23 miles from Stuttgart, AR [Re: Diverman] #7828008 05/03/20 09:50 PM
T
tophorsecop Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
So 10 shooters...payout is $42K divided by 700 ducks(close to the high number) =...wait for it... $60 per bird...man I wish I could just ignore the numbers.

"Guns don't kill people, Guns kill dinner!"
Re: Openings in a Duck club that's 23 miles from Stuttgart, AR [Re: tophorsecop] #7828184 05/04/20 12:52 AM
2flyfish4 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
I like your way of thinking

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: Openings in a Duck club that's 23 miles from Stuttgart, AR [Re: Diverman] #7830135 05/05/20 04:39 PM
A
Always ready 2 hunt Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
What's the price/cost of enjoyment of the outdoors, whistling wings, dog work, friends, etc.? Don't start pricing what a pound of venison costs or wild piggies as my wife might see it and go nuts

Re: Openings in a Duck club that's 23 miles from Stuttgart, AR [Re: Always ready 2 hunt] #7830190 05/05/20 05:22 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Always ready 2 hunt
What's the price/cost of enjoyment of the outdoors, whistling wings, dog work, friends, etc.? Don't start pricing what a pound of venison costs or wild piggies as my wife might see it and go nuts

Yep. The price one is willing to pay is non of my concern. Duck. Clubs in AR ain't cheap. It'll fill.

Good luck to the op

Re: Openings in a Duck club that's 23 miles from Stuttgart, AR [Re: Diverman] #7835516 05/11/20 12:07 AM
M
mohunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Some people will pay an awful lot of money to shoot ducks on a private pond for hero pics to look like they are a “real” duck hunter.

Re: Openings in a Duck club that's 23 miles from Stuttgart, AR [Re: mohunter] #7836070 05/11/20 04:57 PM
H
HookemHideout Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
Originally Posted by mohunter
Some people will pay an awful lot of money to shoot ducks on a private pond for hero pics to look like they are a “real” duck hunter.

So you can't be a "real" duck hunter if you pay alot of money to hunt private land??????

Re: Openings in a Duck club that's 23 miles from Stuttgart, AR [Re: HookemHideout] #7837472 05/12/20 08:37 PM
L
LarryCopper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by HookemHideout

So you can't be a "real" duck hunter if you pay alot of money to hunt private land??????

High fenced dux don't count.

But I do it anyway... I reckon cuz I'm not out to prove anything. I just like not having to deal with idiots other than me and who I bring with me. Drink a few cold ones around camp, sleep late, waddle my big arse down to the pond a half hour before LST.

I save my real duck hunting for the weekdays when the chances of meathead encounters are a lot lower.

Re: Openings in a Duck club that's 23 miles from Stuttgart, AR [Re: LarryCopper] #7838654 05/13/20 09:50 PM
R
rickym Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by LarryCopper

But I do it anyway... I reckon cuz I'm not out to prove anything. I just like not having to deal with idiots other than me and who I bring with me. Drink a few cold ones around camp, sleep late, waddle my big arse down to the pond a half hour before LST.

I save my real duck hunting for the weekdays when the chances of meathead encounters are a lot lower.

I still don’t understand the thought that because a person has access to private land/water, that makes them less of a duck hunter. If a person is hunting pretty big water(50+ acres), they still have to put in the effort, be in the right spot, have the right spread and call well, correct? Also, if someone is hunting a creek or river but is standing on private land does that make them less of a duck hunter? Just because those people don’t get up at ridiculously early or sleep at the boat ramp doesn’t make them less of a hunter, but it definitely says some things about the egotistical guy making those accusations.

Re: Openings in a Duck club that's 23 miles from Stuttgart, AR [Re: Diverman] #7838693 05/13/20 10:27 PM
F
fishdfly Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
Those who hunt public either cannot get on a private lease or cannot afford a lease.

Re: Openings in a Duck club that's 23 miles from Stuttgart, AR [Re: fishdfly] #7838895 05/14/20 01:27 AM
68A Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by fishdfly
Those who hunt public either cannot get on a private lease or cannot afford a lease.

You’d be wrong. I choose to hunt public because I enjoy the challenge, work and satisfaction it brings. I’m not gonna knock anyone’s choice of private or public but that statement is ridiculous.

Re: Openings in a Duck club that's 23 miles from Stuttgart, AR [Re: 68A] #7838992 05/14/20 03:00 AM
L
LarryCopper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by 68A
Originally Posted by fishdfly

You’d be wrong. I choose to hunt public because I enjoy the challenge, work and satisfaction it brings. I’m not gonna knock anyone’s choice of private or public but that statement is ridiculous.

There are lots of people that feel the same.

As I have already said, I hunt both private and public. They are very different experiences. Both have pros and cons and I don't plan on doing just one or the other any time soon. Some folks only do guided hunts. Not my thing, but I don't care what other folks do nor do I care what other folks think about what I do.

I get more satisfaction out of a good hunt on public water than I do on a private pond. Not shocking, most folks would agree. But on the flip side, I don't have to worry about Barney pulling up at LST 50 yards downwind from me on my ponds.

Re: Openings in a Duck club that's 23 miles from Stuttgart, AR [Re: rickym] #7840780 05/15/20 10:49 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by rickym
Originally Posted by LarryCopper

I still don’t understand the thought that because a person has access to private land/water, that makes them less of a duck hunter. If a person is hunting pretty big water(50+ acres), they still have to put in the effort, be in the right spot, have the right spread and call well, correct? Also, if someone is hunting a creek or river but is standing on private land does that make them less of a duck hunter? Just because those people don’t get up at ridiculously early or sleep at the boat ramp doesn’t make them less of a hunter, but it definitely says some things about the egotistical guy making those accusations.

Whatever floats your boat. As I have always said, hunting private provides a sense of relaxation, hunting public provides a sense of adventure.

I had a private lease for 5 years and got bored with it. I hunted/scouted 11 different lakes last season looking for the birds, and beating barney to the hole which is part of the fun and challenge. Its a lot of work and really a lot more expense to hunt public, when you consider time and effort, fuel, wear and tear on boat...My lease I paid $1,000/season, shot limits pretty much every weekend. I spend a lot more hunting public.

Re: Openings in a Duck club that's 23 miles from Stuttgart, AR [Re: Guy] #7840858 05/16/20 12:04 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
BTW, garret should be on here soon to set everyone strait on public vs private hunter. I'm surprised he has not posted already, it is getting slow these days, he is one of our last trolls. roflmao

Re: Openings in a Duck club that's 23 miles from Stuttgart, AR [Re: Guy] #7841823 05/16/20 11:17 PM
R
rickym Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by rickym

Whatever floats your boat. As I have always said, hunting private provides a sense of relaxation, hunting public provides a sense of adventure.

I had a private lease for 5 years and got bored with it. I hunted/scouted 11 different lakes last season looking for the birds, and beating barney to the hole which is part of the fun and challenge. Its a lot of work and really a lot more expense to hunt public, when you consider time and effort, fuel, wear and tear on boat...My lease I paid $1,000/season, shot limits pretty much every weekend. I spend a lot more hunting public.

Aw, you came to defend your boyfriend, or maybe master is what you call him. Either way, that’s cute.
Mind you I never knocked public hunting, I’m just asking what makes it so superior to the FREE private hunting I do without food plots, on ponds that don’t have a lot of action and sit next to large reservoirs that people take lots of shots on? Or the main creek we regularly hunt that goes though lots of properties all of which shoot every weekend?

Re: Openings in a Duck club that's 23 miles from Stuttgart, AR [Re: Guy] #7841895 05/17/20 12:05 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Guy
BTW, garret should be on here soon to set everyone strait on public vs private hunter. I'm surprised he has not posted already, it is getting slow these days, he is one of our last trolls. roflmao

He is busy bbq’ing. He surprisingly got skills

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide