Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Steet Racing #7837078 05/12/20 02:48 PM
The Dude Abides Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Saw this story on FOX last evening.

Confiscate (forfeit) and auction off the car and driver(s) should lose their license for 5 years. That will put a damper in their shenanigans.

FOX News Story

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Steet Racing [Re: The Dude Abides] #7837119 05/12/20 03:10 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
From what I've seen I wouldn't call what they are doing as street racing....looks more like Tokyo Drift to me rolleyes

Street racing is done in a straight line against two cars that neither sound like a bumble bee trapped in a paper sack.....gawd I'm getting old roflmao roflmao

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Steet Racing [Re: Judd] #7837123 05/12/20 03:11 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Judd
cars that neither sound like a bumble bee trapped in a paper sack.....gawd I'm getting old roflmao roflmao

LOL never heard that before

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Steet Racing [Re: The Dude Abides] #7837124 05/12/20 03:11 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Lately I have seen several news articles about street racing in Dallas, but it seems to be a local issue, not read any thing about it happening out here or elsewhere.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Steet Racing [Re: dogcatcher] #7837128 05/12/20 03:13 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Lately I have seen several news articles about street racing in Dallas, but it seems to be a local issue, not read any thing about it happening out here or elsewhere.

First for me also.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Steet Racing [Re: Judd] #7837134 05/12/20 03:16 PM
D
dkershen Online Content
Rev Dave
Online Content
Rev Dave
D
From what I've seen I wouldn't call what they are doing as street racing....looks more like Tokyo Drift to me rolleyes

Street racing is done in a straight line against two cars that neither sound like a bumble bee trapped in a paper sack.....gawd I'm getting old roflmao roflmao

I'm with you on this Judd.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: Steet Racing [Re: The Dude Abides] #7837136 05/12/20 03:18 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Wasn't racing, but a few weeks ago was coming home from grocery shopping headed south on 181 out of san Antonio. A guy in a 20-teens model cummins pulled out in front of me with a 30+ foot gooseneck and put the hammer down carping a massive black cloud of smoke. I didn't want to sit in his smoke so gave it some gas. I stayed just a little ahead of his smoke plume until my wife yelling at me from the passenger seat and hitting my arm got me to look down, we were doing 105. I let off, the smoke screen had cleared and he just sailed by. One of the big reasons I don't buy used vehicles.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Steet Racing [Re: The Dude Abides] #7837139 05/12/20 03:19 PM
S
S.A. hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Talk about a no fun zone.....

Re: Steet Racing [Re: redchevy] #7837141 05/12/20 03:21 PM
S
S.A. hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by redchevy
Wasn't racing, but a few weeks ago was coming home from grocery shopping headed south on 181 out of san Antonio. A guy in a 20-teens model cummins pulled out in front of me with a 30+ foot gooseneck and put the hammer down carping a massive black cloud of smoke. I didn't want to sit in his smoke so gave it some gas. I stayed just a little ahead of his smoke plume until my wife yelling at me from the passenger seat and hitting my arm got me to look down, we were doing 105. I let off, the smoke screen had cleared and he just sailed by. One of the big reasons I don't buy used vehicles.

Coal roll!

Re: Steet Racing [Re: Judd] #7837247 05/12/20 04:58 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

you are correct. Not street racing. What they are doing is more dumb, shutting down intersections and doing doughnuts. Its a LA thing where I guess there are no open streets to race so they just go in circles roflmao. I seen these same scenes while working in LA about 15 years back. Now that LA has moved to Texas , well, its what we get.

The problem has been allowed to escalate

[Linked Image]
Re: Steet Racing [Re: Tin Head] #7837305 05/12/20 05:31 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by Tin Head

you are correct. Not street racing. What they are doing is more dumb, shutting down intersections and doing doughnuts. Its a LA thing where I guess there are no open streets to race so they just go in circles roflmao. I seen these same scenes while working in LA about 15 years back. Now that LA has moved to Texas , well, its what we get.

The problem has been allowed to escalate

Agreed. Every car that blocked any intersection and disrupted traffic should be hauled to the impound lot. Problem is the crappy DA's and judges in Dallas...if I was an officer, why go through all the paperwork and hassle if there won't be any repercussions of the actions.

Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Steet Racing [Re: The Dude Abides] #7837350 05/12/20 06:01 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Then there's the douche bags on motorcycles that think they can fly through the streets and highways. Karma is a beeeaaatch!

I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Steet Racing [Re: dkershen] #7837406 05/12/20 07:10 PM
B
Big Fitz Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by dkershen

I'm with you on this Judd.

Yep, you both are old. clap

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
I was wrong...on anything technical.

Originally Posted by Sailor
Fitz............. is right, ya know............
Re: Steet Racing [Re: The Dude Abides] #7837426 05/12/20 07:41 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I'm glad they weren't tough on street racing when I was in HS or College. We did ALOT of it, and usually in the parking lots of old warehouses. As far as I'm concerned it should be allowed on private property.

Re: Steet Racing [Re: DocHorton] #7837456 05/12/20 08:26 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by DocHorton
I'm glad they weren't tough on street racing when I was in HS or College. We did ALOT of it, and usually in the parking lots of old warehouses. As far as I'm concerned it should be allowed on private property.

Oh they were tough , they would bring in helis and lock all sides in.

One thing is being stupid enough to race on the dark lonesom street way out in the middle of no where. Its another thing to shut down a major intersection in the middle of town. In the first example you are more likely to just injure your self in the second example you are more likely to hurt many others, even blocking ambulances , police and fire trucks from moving. There are plenty of tracks open for racing , even outlaw tracks . These tracks are open until 4 am most nights of the week so its not about racing...

[Linked Image]
Re: Steet Racing [Re: DocHorton] #7837480 05/12/20 08:46 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Got some extra space at the car wash to run passes? up

Re: Steet Racing [Re: The Dude Abides] #7837524 05/12/20 09:14 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Back in the late 60's early 70's in Oak Cliff on Saturday night they use to line up on both sides of the street on Westmoreland road down where it dead ended into Red Bird land and race until the cops ran ya off. That was in a warehouse district and the only ones on the road were the people racing or the bystanders parked on the grass. Fun times up

Last edited by Stub; 05/12/20 09:14 PM.

texas flag

Re: Steet Racing [Re: Stub] #7837526 05/12/20 09:16 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Stub
Back in the late 60's early 70's in Oak Cliff on Saturday night they use to line up on both sides of the street on Westmoreland road down where it dead ended into Red Bird land and race until the cops ran ya off. That was in a warehouse district and the only ones on the road were the people racing or the bystanders parked on the grass. Fun times up

I think I might have made a couple of those races in the early 70's

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Steet Racing [Re: Judd] #7837527 05/12/20 09:16 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

This coming from the guy who drives a V6 truck, hilarious rofl

Re: Steet Racing [Re: BigPig] #7837539 05/12/20 09:23 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by BigPig

I'll line up against your Camaro....oh wait....alright, we good up

Re: Steet Racing [Re: Judd] #7837618 05/12/20 10:33 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by BigPig

I'll line up against your Camaro....oh wait....alright, we good up

Low blow, now get off your knees and say that to my face

Re: Steet Racing [Re: The Dude Abides] #7837635 05/12/20 10:43 PM
F
fishdfly Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
Street racing shows up in the Houston Chronicle periodically.

Re: Steet Racing [Re: dogcatcher] #7837704 05/12/20 11:35 PM
L
Lazyjack Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L

As I remember we lined up and staged near Redbird and raced toward Loop 12. Turning around near the railroad tracks. But that was definitely a lifetime ago. Bystanders were on West side. Remember a Cuda that could lift the front wheels.

Austins BBQ, Griffs, Bronco Bowl, Taco Bell when it had real bell. Pizza Inn when it was by Griffs.

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: Steet Racing [Re: The Dude Abides] #7837706 05/12/20 11:36 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308

Got some extra space at the car wash to run passes? up

roflmao clap

Re: Steet Racing [Re: Lazyjack] #7837752 05/13/20 12:05 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by Lazyjack

As I remember we lined up and staged near Redbird and raced toward Loop 12. Turning around near the railroad tracks. But that was definitely a lifetime ago. Bystanders were on West side. Remember a Cuda that could lift the front wheels.

Austins BBQ, Griffs, Bronco Bowl, Taco Bell when it had real bell. Pizza Inn when it was by Griffs.

I'm not as old as you guys but spent plenty of time in the warehouse district off NW Hwy and Loop 12, and Post and Paddock off 360. Also, used to like going to Kennedale on Friday nights and buddies running the 1/8th. We'd hide one or two guys in the trunk to sneak in so we didn't have to pay the $10 entry fee. roflmao

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide