Page 1 of 2 1 2
Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry #7806283 04/14/20 11:08 PM
P
Priesttherunner Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
P
USACE has published proposed revisions to 36CFR327.13 (firearms). Time to comment!

Link here https://www.usace.army.mil/Media/Ne...uest-for-comment-on-proposed-revision-t/

Comments are updated each night at 23:59.

Exact docket info here: https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=COE-2018-0008-0001

Last edited by Priesttherunner; 04/14/20 11:09 PM. Reason: Adding docket link
Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: Priesttherunner] #7806354 04/15/20 12:06 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Good stuff....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: Priesttherunner] #7806649 04/15/20 12:10 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Stupid you cant carry now,

The Texas Game Warden will try to bust you on Lake Lewisville for carrying a gun on the lake.

Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: RedRanger] #7806940 04/15/20 04:36 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by RedRanger

The Texas Game Warden will try to bust you on Lake Lewisville for carrying a gun on the lake.

thanks , I did not know this

[Linked Image]
Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: Priesttherunner] #7809340 04/17/20 05:08 PM
GNTX Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Thank you for the heads up on this. I commented and am trying to get the word out to popular gun channels on social media.

Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: Priesttherunner] #7809377 04/17/20 05:38 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
It's....Corp of Engineers not Core of Engineers

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: The Dude Abides] #7809384 04/17/20 05:42 PM
GNTX Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308

Well, technically it’s Corps of Engineers. smile

Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: Priesttherunner] #7809412 04/17/20 06:04 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
...and it’s pronounced ‘core’ not ‘corpse’.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: Cast] #7809463 04/17/20 06:55 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by Cast
...and it’s pronounced ‘core’ not ‘corpse’.

The wurd is spoke frum Frinch ... reel fancy and all uppity.

Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: The Dude Abides] #7810091 04/18/20 04:29 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308

Corp. is short for Corporal or Corporation
Core as a noun is the word for the center of something.
Core as a verb is to take the center out of something
Corps is a body of two or more divisions and pronounced in the French way "Kohr"
Plural of Corps is also Corps
Corpse is a dead body

Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: Priesttherunner] #7810548 04/18/20 06:41 PM
DeRico Offline
Mobius 1
Mobius 1
Since we're being grammar nazi's, "license to carry, carry"?

[Linked Image]
Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: RedRanger] #7810974 04/19/20 01:31 AM
C
Couzin Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C

Because it is USACE fee-owned (Federal) property. Federal rules apply, just same at Jim Chapman/Cooper Lake - TPWD is licensed to manage the land and parks, but Federal rules are still applicable.

And it is the US Army Corps of Engineers - thank you very much!

Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.
Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: Couzin] #7811052 04/19/20 02:57 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Couzin

Because it is USACE fee-owned (Federal) property. Federal rules apply, just same at Jim Chapman/Cooper Lake - TPWD is licensed to manage the land and parks, but Federal rules are still applicable.

And the US Army Corps of Engineers suck. They have done everything they can to restrict people from being on the property owned by the citizens of the United States. They merely manage it, and do a poor job of it.

Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: Couzin] #7811194 04/19/20 10:59 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Couzin

It's a grey area, and most GW don't give two Chits if you carry on Corp lake from what I have seen

Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: Tin Head] #7811196 04/19/20 11:01 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Tin Head

thanks , I did not know this

Hopefully he no longer works the lake, this was a few years ago during 4th of July.

If you do get asked if your carrying on Lewisville, I wouldn't tell them

Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: RedRanger] #7811372 04/19/20 02:31 PM
GNTX Offline
Tracker
Tracker

If they run your DL, they can see you have an LTC. By law, you are supposed to tell them you are carrying if you are. Do what works for you, I’m just pointing out that you might get caught in a lie somewhere and risk having a bigger problem.

Last edited by GNTX; 04/19/20 02:31 PM.
Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: Priesttherunner] #7834846 05/10/20 01:06 AM
jeh7mmmag Offline
gramps
gramps
May 8th update:

Licensed gun owners in Texas may soon be able to carry at Lewisville Lake and other Army Corps of Engineers reservoirs

WASHINGTON — Firearm owners with a license to carry a handgun may soon be able to wear their pistols at Lewisville Lake, Lake Ray Roberts and a number of other popular Texas reservoirs that currently prohibit those weapons.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, which owns those lakes, has proposed a rule change to allow “properly licensed individuals to bring firearms” onto the agency’s vast recreational properties in the U.S., so long as those gun owners follow the applicable laws of the state in question.

snip

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/pol...other-army-corps-of-engineer-reservoirs/

Input sought
The corps is seeking input from the public on the proposed change through mid-June. Those interested can send an email to firearms@usace.army.mil or register an opinion through regulations.gov at the docket number COE-2018-0008.

�Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in,
where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.�
~ John Muir
Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: Priesttherunner] #7835017 05/10/20 05:49 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
What lakes were you not supposed to carry on? Asking for a friend....

[Linked Image]
Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: Bee'z] #7835049 05/10/20 11:51 AM
M
Marc K Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by 2Beez
What lakes were you not supposed to carry on? Asking for a friend....

Army Corps of Engineers managed lakes. Yes, that includes Texoma.

When we decided to move to a lake front home, we specifically avoided Corps lakes because of the difficulty getting permission to build a private boat dock at your home. I have heard that they are beginning to issue private dock permits again.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: GNTX] #7835751 05/11/20 11:17 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by GNTX

If they run your DL, they can see you have an LTC. By law, you are supposed to tell them you are carrying if you are. Do what works for you, I’m just pointing out that you might get caught in a lie somewhere and risk having a bigger problem.

I have not told them I was carrying when pulled over in my car, he said I was suppose to tell him.

I told him since now of days you don't have to have a CHL/LTC to carry in car I thought the rule no longer existed.

Just because one has a LTC doesn't mean one is carrying, I quit carrying on Lewisville and Grapevine

Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: Priesttherunner] #7836253 05/11/20 07:25 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
We "Bought" a COE frontage piece of property at Lake Texoma that had had a BoatHouse permit 1st granted in the '50's in 1998, after winning an Auction and took over a year + with having to go to Court to have the property's Legal Title transferred....some thing the previous 2 Buyers had not done, when there was no clear Title to the either the house or the boathouse property. Cluster of all clusters for sure. The House and "boathouse" were a disaster and total trash....the roof of the house had fallen in and the boathouse had turned over and the COE was demanding action and had already red tagged the Permit. Found out later that none of these issues were uncommon at Texoma in the older sections on the Texas side in Grayson County. There were (are?? still) 55 gallon drum septic systems in one area I know of where a buddy had had a lake house not far from GranPappy's Marina until he got another divorce. We finally got to set up the house in 2000 after 2 years of prep ( everything from the "septic system to ???) but got to live at the Lake House fulltime for 11 years while I had multiple health issues resolved, until 2016 when we moved to Palestine. We still miss Texoma and always will ...but would NEVER ...NOT EVER buy another property on any COE lake in Texas

Case in Point ,,,,Found out years after the house was set up that Grayson County had "inherited" a gravel access road from the COE that crossed their property, and GC's Precinct Commissioner refused to acknowledge the COE's transferring the right of way action and maintain it. After that AH was voted out of office we finally got a gravel road only to have it flooded to within 30 feet of my house that was 50' above spillway level by the COE's mis management of the Flood of 2013. More than once I questioned my sanity in those years...but the property was where we had decided to plan our retirement...after looking for 3 years from PK to the west to Bob Sandlin to the east and as far south as Richland Chambers for something that fit our Retirement Master Plan $$'s Always wanted and dreamed of Lakefront somewhere.... and ours was with a front porch mile view across Little Mineral to the beach area south of GranPappy's, with a sand beach in front of us, and the boathouse in the creek, 10 minutes from the Lighthouse Gas dock & ramps....and less than 2 hours in Friday Nite Rush Hour from the house in Carrollton. Was Gonna be Heaven....

Back to the LTC on COE subject of the thread...At Texoma IMO JMHO is that it should be mandatory for ALL the "legal" local residents to have a CHL, every man, woman & child over the legal age requirement ...Lot's of out of state owners, enough to surprise me - mostly Okie's, felons & non-legal's in Grayson County ....'cause GC's Sherrif's Dept is NOT GONNA RESPOND to ANY 911 calls if the Dispatchers know that the call originated at Lake Texoma. BTDT and had a conversation that ended one time with a GCSO Officer offering to arrest me for making a "terroristic threat " when I wanted an illegal bonfire extinguished less than 100 yards from my house 1/2 way the waters edge in hyper dry fall weather with a County Burn Ban in effect, when the Officer refused to set foot on COE Property and I "suggested" that I could "handle" it myself.

Buy another house adjacent to COE Property... I Doan't think it would a good idea in any COE lake in Texas I am familiar with, and I would most definitely support a CHL for each and every legal holder of age, to the point of making it legal requirement for ownership of any habitable property at Lake Texoma.
JMHO & YMMV
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 05/11/20 07:34 PM.

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: Priesttherunner] #7842392 05/17/20 03:24 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Wow,
Texoma sounds pretty lawless!

Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: RedRanger] #7849469 05/24/20 03:42 PM
F
fmrmbmlm Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F

I have not told them I was carrying when pulled over in my car, he said I was suppose to tell him.

I told him since now of days you don't have to have a CHL/LTC to carry in car I thought the rule no longer existed.

Just because one has a LTC doesn't mean one is carrying, I quit carrying on Lewisville and Grapevine
From the lady that heads DPS LTC department I was told if you have LTC you must declare when stopped, if no LTC you do not need to declare, but must tell if asked about firearm. This was a few years ago, don't think rules changed.

Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: RedRanger] #7862482 06/06/20 06:30 PM
S
sweetwood Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

Same for Lake Grapevine.

Re: Core of Engineers Possibly Allowing LTC Carry [Re: fmrmbmlm] #7862887 06/07/20 12:19 AM
K
krmitchell Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted by fmrmbmlm

From the lady that heads DPS LTC department I was told if you have LTC you must declare when stopped, if no LTC you do not need to declare, but must tell if asked about firearm. This was a few years ago, don't think rules changed.

Carrying in the car is a grey area when you have a LTC. Since you are allowed to travel with a pistol as long as it is concealed, technically you aren’t carrying under your LTC unless you are open carrying. Outside the car you have to inform of course. My experience is showing your LTC even when not carrying is a good faith move that most of the time will get you excellent results with LEOs. FWIW every time I’ve presented my LTC an officer they handed it right back to me and didn’t even ask if I was carrying,

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide