Print Thread
Free Covid Test Appt's #7828832 05/04/20 04:37 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Saw a Nat'l Guard set up yesterday, Sunday 5/3, in the parking lot of the Anderson County Courthouse Annex and got this phone Number to call to get registered and set an appt . DA me did not follow up yesterday with the blizzard of details we are chasing to get ready to re-open the Antique Shop tomorrow on Tuesday...and the deal at the Anderson County location was only available for " last " Sat & Sun. Did not see any announcements or references in the local Newspaper either.

When I called this morning I could have set an appt for tomorrow in Huntsville, but will check back for some where a little closer to Palestine. FWIW The offer is restricted to one member of a household.

SO...if you want the details as they pertain to your location, you will need to call this Phone Number in ? Austin to get registered and an Appt set. Call 512-883-2400. Ya'll stay safe
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Free Covid Test Appt's [Re: WileyCoyote] #7836153 05/11/20 05:54 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Saw in the local newspaper where the Free Covid Test was gonna be available again for last Sunday, called the number above and made the appointment. Piece of cake that took about 15/20 minutes, including wait time in line. S'posed to get results by text I think it was in less than 96 hours. We'll see what the nose swabs have to tell us. All Army staff this time.

At my age and laundry list of easy to catch the virus kinda ailments I am a prime candidate to catch this *&^% virus if I ignored it and did not pay attention the CDC Guidelines. Ya'll stay safe and don't take this event for granted.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

Re: Free Covid Test Appt's [Re: WileyCoyote] #7836193 05/11/20 06:32 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Don’t you have to be approved for the test via prescreening to see if you have acceptable symptoms before they will test you? Or work in a job that places you in a higher risk of exposure?

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Free Covid Test Appt's [Re: WileyCoyote] #7836315 05/11/20 08:19 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
No, I was not "prescreened" per se "for an essential job" etc, but I was asked by the guy on the phone in ? Austin if I was currently/had recently been sick or had/have a current fever or similar issue.

FWIW I do not have currently or within the last 12-18 months any hint of illness except exceptionally hard headedness, but at my age of 75 and a medical history of multiple heart stents, + a 60+ year long history of out of control high blood pressure, +constant issues with rampant skin cancer, + a family history of diabetes but mine has been at a "controlled" diabetes level for the last 7-8 years thru med's and significant weight loss. Despite my current state of "normal" health,I believe I am a much more probable candidate to catch the Virus if exposed, from what I understand am significantly more at risk than someone with out my health record and age by a very large factor. and have learned to live with that outlook.

On the actual screening test, since I have a significantly surgically altered left nostril and excess scar tissue from a skin cancer reconstruction, the reconstruction left the left nostril collapsed and it was "a little difficult" for the technician to insert the swab completely to the back of my throat on that side...the right side was in and out in mebbe 10-15 seconds with no issues and left me with yet another reason to avoid this *&^%$ virus and avoid another swab down the left side of my nose.

FWIW, AKA.... Ain't No longer 10 feet tall and bulletproof... frown
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 05/11/20 08:45 PM.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide