Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Shopping cart theory [Re: KWood_TSU] #7834751 05/09/20 11:06 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Would not have been a good poll. The results would have been 100% return them.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Shopping cart theory [Re: dogcatcher] #7834754 05/09/20 11:10 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Always return mine because I’m not a lazy piece of s***.

And usually take one from the parking lot back into the store.....

As for that eliminating someone's job....fanfriggintastic! Maybe the prices I pay will go down if they don't have to pay someone to do what should already be done in the first place...

Their pay is so low and the volume of sales the grocery store is so high, that would at up to about to about .00001 per item. in short it would probably increase the manager's bonus. On the other hand, there would never be 100% return, so the cart collectors would have an easier job.

And allow them to do something more value added like help old people with their bag to their cars...

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Shopping cart theory [Re: KWood_TSU] #7834772 05/09/20 11:30 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I'm 84 years old and I would consider it an insult if someone tried to help me with my shopping bags. I go up and down my stairs,take morning walks, take out my own garbage, mow my own yard, clean my house, and consider that I am the luckiest man in the world to be able to carry my shopping bags in spite of having arthritis.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Shopping cart theory [Re: bill oxner] #7834810 05/10/20 12:20 AM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by bill oxner
I'm 84 years old and I would consider it an insult if someone tried to help me with my shopping bags. I go up and down my stairs,take morning walks, take out my own garbage, mow my own yard, clean my house, and consider that I am the luckiest man in the world to be able to carry my shopping bags in spite of having arthritis.

Then you don't recognize respect.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Shopping cart theory [Re: Creekrunner] #7834811 05/10/20 12:22 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

I call it patronizing.

[Linked Image]

Re: Shopping cart theory [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7834812 05/10/20 12:23 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

And allow them to do something more value added like help old people with their bag to their cars...

The grocery stores around here have already been doing that for decades.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Shopping cart theory [Re: dogcatcher] #7834820 05/10/20 12:30 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Always return mine because I’m not a lazy piece of s***.

And usually take one from the parking lot back into the store.....

As for that eliminating someone's job....fanfriggintastic! Maybe the prices I pay will go down if they don't have to pay someone to do what should already be done in the first place...

Their pay is so low and the volume of sales the grocery store is so high, that would at up to about to about .00001 per item. in short it would probably increase the manager's bonus. On the other hand, there would never be 100% return, so the cart collectors would have an easier job.

The cart collector's job isn't to run all over the parking lot to retrieve carts. Their job is to get the carts from the cart corral. Your job is to get it to the corral.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Shopping cart theory [Re: Creekrunner] #7834825 05/10/20 12:38 AM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

IMO our elders or disabled folks are the only exceptions. I can’t count the times I’ve helped old folks or the truly needy, that’s what we’re supposed to do, but there is no excuse for most folks to be lazy or inconsiderate. I don’t want my cart to block a spot someone is trying to pull into, I don’t want my cart to get blown into someone else’s vehicle causing damage. C’mon man.

Re: Shopping cart theory [Re: KWood_TSU] #7835016 05/10/20 05:42 AM
S
StephenB Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
S
The stores should set up a system where you have to put in a dollar coin to get a cart and get it back when you return the cart. That is what is done in other countries where "doing the right thing" doesn't exist.

But there I go solving the problem when the real question is "Which type of people would you prefer to live around? Those who return carts, or those who don't?".

The USA is becoming more and more of a "Those who don't" society. I wish that were not so, but that is the reality.

Re: Shopping cart theory [Re: StephenB] #7835043 05/10/20 11:23 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by StephenB
The stores should set up a system where you have to put in a dollar coin to get a cart and get it back when you return the cart. That is what is done in other countries where "doing the right thing" doesn't exist.

But there I go solving the problem when the real question is "Which type of people would you prefer to live around? Those who return carts, or those who don't?".

The USA is becoming more and more of a "Those who don't" society. I wish that were not so, but that is the reality.

Good point

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Shopping cart theory [Re: KWood_TSU] #7835045 05/10/20 11:26 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
If I knew one of my neighbors didn't return carts, I would have to move before word got out and affected my property value. laugh

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Shopping cart theory [Re: Grizz] #7835062 05/10/20 12:27 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Grizz
If I knew one of my neighbors didn't return carts, I would have to move before word got out and affected my property value. laugh

Greatness. Makes 100% approval.

[Linked Image]

Re: Shopping cart theory [Re: bill oxner] #7835103 05/10/20 01:33 PM
T
TPACK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T

[Linked Image]

Re: Shopping cart theory [Re: Texas buckeye] #7835120 05/10/20 02:03 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
So just playing devils advocate here, isn’t someone paid at most places to get the carts? This is kind of like making your bed and vacuuming at a hotel, when you have maid service every day. Why do someone else’s job?

Unless it is clearly marked that there is no “cart person” (aldi’s comes to mind, I think maybe winco foods as well?) then I don’t get the “objective right” in returning a cart.

Common courtesy to keep it from running into vehicles.

Re: Shopping cart theory [Re: StephenB] #7835128 05/10/20 02:21 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
K

Or stores could be like brookshires and have employees that load your groceries for you. That almost eliminates rogue carts as they pick up strays when going inside.

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Shopping cart theory [Re: KWood_TSU] #7835132 05/10/20 02:35 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by KWood_TSU

Or stores could be like brookshires and have employees that load your groceries for you. That almost eliminates rogue carts as they pick up strays when going inside.

Good for grocery stores not so much at HD or Lowes. I don't know that I've ever seen a cart left in the lot at Tractor Supply.

Re: Shopping cart theory [Re: KWood_TSU] #7835207 05/10/20 04:22 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Some you you guys are sounding like TFFers talking about the olds. They start new threads only to insult the olds.

They have battery operated shopping carts for those who can't get around. My wife had too much pride to use one. She wouldn't even use handicap parking. I'd drop her at the door and she would lean against the cart handles. She always wanted me to make a separate lap around the store.

I'll move to assisted living before I ask for help.

[Linked Image]

Re: Shopping cart theory [Re: KWood_TSU] #7835219 05/10/20 04:35 PM
E
erathar Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Nobody down in the 3rd ranked city for diabetes leaves carts in the parking lot. They always return them to the proper location. confused2

Just kidding. I always pick up strays as I'm headed in. The place is a joke and I very rarely make it into town anymore. I've never met one successful person that doesn't return carts after shopping, irregardless of the store. This theory is a good analogy of the decay of Corpus Christi.

Re: Shopping cart theory [Re: KWood_TSU] #7835222 05/10/20 04:36 PM
P
pdr55 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
I’m thinking that the same people that think someone else should put their shopping cart up are the same ones that think that someone else will pick up their trash when they throw it out the window of their vehicle while driving.

If you`re running down my country, man,
You`re walking on the fighting side of me. (Merle)
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide