Forums46
Topics537,717
Posts9,728,157
Members87,037
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? #7834511 05/09/20 05:38 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content OP
^^Cut the Cord^^
OP Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: NORML as can be] #7834513 05/09/20 05:43 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Ridiculous. I bet there was substance abuse going on though.

Why don't they use taser more often though. I mean that's one less bad guy on tax dollars, but I'd think to use a less lethal source would be the go to.

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: NORML as can be] #7834514 05/09/20 05:44 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
BackTheBlue flag
Officer was in fear for his life and lives of others.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: KWood_TSU] #7834519 05/09/20 05:52 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by KWood_TSU

Why don't they use taser more often though. I mean that's one less bad guy on tax dollars, but I'd think to use a less lethal source would be the go to.

We’re gonna act like you didn’t ask that

Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: NORML as can be] #7834524 05/09/20 06:13 PM
P
pdr55 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Play stupid games...

If you`re running down my country, man,
You`re walking on the fighting side of me. (Merle)
Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: KWood_TSU] #7834526 05/09/20 06:15 PM
L
LSCG Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
L

Wow. This isn't pretty pony land where nothing bad ever happens and everyone gets a participation trophy at the end of the day. When someone comes at you with a knife their intent to kill you is clear and they should be dealt with in kind.

Last edited by LSCG; 05/09/20 06:20 PM.

Jesus gave me everything when he gave me salvation.

https://instagram.com/thompsongunandknife?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: NORML as can be] #7834527 05/09/20 06:15 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
I bet he wont do that again

[Linked Image]
Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: Tin Head] #7834529 05/09/20 06:17 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Tin Head
I bet he wont do that again

up

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: LSCG] #7834535 05/09/20 06:30 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by LSCG

Wow. This isn't pretty pony land where nothing bad ever happens and everyone gets a participation trophy at the end of the day. When someone comes at you with a knife their intent to kill you is clear and they should be dealt with in kind.

Wow! you posted exactly what should happen imo, and that answered my question. Take the less lethal source first, then escalate.
Almost anyone that gets tased is going to give up, or maybe I'm wrong on that?

Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: NORML as can be] #7834542 05/09/20 06:38 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
How many times did the officer shoot?

Good shoot!

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: KWood_TSU] #7834544 05/09/20 06:44 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Wow! you posted exactly what should happen imo, and that answered my question. Take the less lethal source first, then escalate.

The bad guy was a large aggressive person....and an officer holding a pistol on him did nothing to intimidate him...

At the speed the man rushed him....without backup the officer would be dead or severely injured had the tazer failed...

Good day...the officer goes home to his family.... 2cents

Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: KWood_TSU] #7834545 05/09/20 06:48 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

You answered your own question , ALMOST anyone one that gets tazed. When your are a cop and alone you cannot take those fairy tale chances. If there was a team there Im sure all other less lethal options would of been exhausted . At the end of the day when you run towards a cop with a knife bad things are going to happen. The focus on blame should be on the attacker .

Last edited by Tin Head; 05/09/20 06:49 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: KWood_TSU] #7834546 05/09/20 06:48 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

Oh God, this is going to be good popcorn

Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: BigPig] #7834552 05/09/20 06:56 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by BigPig

Haha, I just asked a simple question. Got a couple of good answers. I in no way insinuated that he used too much force, but you'd think I did by a couple of replies I got.

Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: KWood_TSU] #7834553 05/09/20 06:57 PM
L
LSCG Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
L

The video shows tasers can be ineffective, especially if someone has drugs in their system. When your life and the lives of those around you are at risk from someone who is trying to kill you, why would you use something that has the potential to fail?

Jesus gave me everything when he gave me salvation.

https://instagram.com/thompsongunandknife?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: NORML as can be] #7834561 05/09/20 07:10 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Bc we live in a crappy world where cops are no longer "heroes" for doing their job of keeping the community safe.

Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: NORML as can be] #7834563 05/09/20 07:12 PM
R
redhaze Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
R
He goes home and that is what matters when he is forced to act in self-defense.

Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: KWood_TSU] #7834566 05/09/20 07:17 PM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M

Do you carry a firearm - concealed or openly?

If so, you also carry a tazer, right?

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: KWood_TSU] #7834569 05/09/20 07:27 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

Taser vs deadly weapon is ONLY when we have lethal cover standing next to us. Tasers don't always work and can't be trusted in a lone deadly force situation. Sometimes they don't fire, probes miss, probes get stopped by clothing ect ect.

Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: NORML as can be] #7834573 05/09/20 07:30 PM
L
Longhunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
Tasers only penetrate so far... The perp had on too thick of clothing for the taser to work....

Longhunter >>>-------> Make It Count!!!<><

Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: KWood_TSU] #7834575 05/09/20 07:32 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J

Haha, I just asked a simple stupid question. Got a couple of good answers. I in no way insinuated that he used too much force, but you'd think I did by a couple of replies I got.

FIFY

Just the fact you asked the question implies you wish he would’ve used a method other than lethal force. These idiot escalate as they go through life, I for one am glad that POS is dead. I’m sorry they don’t do it more often. Dump tasers and start shooting more folks who don’t respect the job and what those guys do for us every day.

Before anyone says it yep, there are bad cops....keep your mouth shut do what is asked and fight that battle another day, one where you won’t lose your life.

I hope the officer is alright, not an easy decision but this one is pretty clear.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: ntxtrapper] #7834576 05/09/20 07:32 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

Taser vs deadly weapon is ONLY when we have lethal cover standing next to us. Tasers don't always work and can't be trusted in a lone deadly force situation. Sometimes they don't fire, probes miss, probes get stopped by clothing ect ect.

See, an answer I was looking for.
Thank you

Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: Judd] #7834578 05/09/20 07:33 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by Judd

Haha, I just asked a simple stupid question. Got a couple of good answers. I in no way insinuated that he used too much force, but you'd think I did by a couple of replies I got.

FIFY

Just the fact you asked the question implies you wish he would’ve used a method other than lethal force. These idiot escalate as they go through life, I for one am glad that POS is dead. I’m sorry they don’t do it more often. Dump tasers and start shooting more folks who don’t respect the job and what those guys do for us every day.

Before anyone says it yep, there are bad cops....keep your mouth shut do what is asked and fight that battle another day, one where you won’t lose your life.

I hope the officer is alright, not an easy decision but this one is pretty clear.

No such thing as a stupid question though right?

Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: NORML as can be] #7834593 05/09/20 07:43 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Issue. A guy with a knife charging you.

Options available. Taser, which is ineffective about 25 percent of the time. The guy has on a sweatshirt. Plus he’s running toward you.

Handgun. Lethal force.

To answer your question on legality of lethal force, read 9.51 of the Texas Penal Code. Provisions outlining when police in Texas can legally use deadly force.

I think most would feel the guy with the knife is a threat to public safety, not just the officer, but anyone in that complex.

Re: What part of Put down the knife don't you understand? [Re: KWood_TSU] #7834597 05/09/20 07:46 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
No such thing as a stupid question though right?

That’s just a made up liberal lie to not hurt the feelings of idiots....

I have witnessed hundreds of stupid questions, and thousands of stupid answers....

So no, you’re wrong...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide