texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
LUKE22, WBRC, having fun now, GingerFredMan, ECBwHntr
70566 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 110,641
bill oxner 91,416
SnakeWrangler 64,129
stxranchman 60,263
Gravytrain 46,950
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,461
BMD 41,241
Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics616,062
Posts11,410,940
Members85,566
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Which do you prefer [Re: txtrophy85] #7830048 05/05/20 03:16 PM
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 11,441
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
H
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 11,441
I prefer A with one of the biggest positives being it won't crack if somehow dropped. Skull mounts can be delicate. In addition, I believe the femdom world is much more accepting of something without the cleaned up skull of a dead animal.

Re: Which do you prefer [Re: freerange] #7830058 05/05/20 03:20 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 56,740
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 56,740
Originally Posted by freerange
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Here you go for your future 190. [Linked Image]

Now that's a deer right there. I would work on that 190 before the moose.
edit back on topic. A or B is spitting hairs and personal preference and may make a difference what else is around it in room.



I’m sure that deer is over 200” , strip taxi specializes in giant mulies


Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Which do you prefer [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7830068 05/05/20 03:25 PM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 29,976
T
txtrophy85 Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 29,976
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
A with mesquite plaque and ostrich leather is what I will do my moose

I’ve got a couple elk euros and I’m decided no more cow/horse sized euro’s, cap puts them closer to wall.


Also don’t put cart before the horse, you will end up jinxed, or atleast how it works out for me up



This isn’t being optimistic, this is future planning.

I greatly underestimated the size of my African animals and now am in a full panic trying to re-arrange my room. When I get them all stuffed into my office I will have very little real estate left so I’m planning out possible options for inside the home that won’t cause a fight with the other half or compromise my space for that 190” mule deer I’m gonna get one day....


Im just messing with you. My skull capped moose will go above my bed.

I doubt I will do another shoulder mount or euro bigger then a mule deer. My house is scattered with WT, Jav, Mule deer, Pronghorn and elk euros. Shoulders just take up to much room. Being that my wife hunts too it’s getting full of mounts.


My wife is a hunter. Problem is she wants her mounts to go in my office too....


For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Which do you prefer [Re: txtrophy85] #7830077 05/05/20 03:36 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,220
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,220
I started to say he was well into the 190s but I figured Bobo knew and I didn't want to set myself up for being wrong.
Hudbone, surprised you care much about the femdom outlook on mounts, but good for you. The same could be said for shoulder mounts but most of us have them.


At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Which do you prefer [Re: txtrophy85] #7830089 05/05/20 03:45 PM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 8,156
W
westtexaswatkins Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 8,156
B

Re: Which do you prefer [Re: txtrophy85] #7830107 05/05/20 04:03 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 19,262
P
pokerj2 Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
P
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 19,262
I did a euro with a red stag and really like it. It gets a ton of compliments.


President of American Entitlements LLC
Health insurance agency focusing in all ages from ACA plans all the way through Medicare.
Office is based in Wylie, TX
We have local agents in both Texas and Louisiana
469-814-0289
Re: Which do you prefer [Re: pokerj2] #7830112 05/05/20 04:13 PM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 405
P
pkhunter624 Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
P
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 405
A

Re: Which do you prefer [Re: txtrophy85] #7830115 05/05/20 04:20 PM
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,554
Txhunter65 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Offline
Veteran Tracker
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,554
B..... b.....b!

Re: Which do you prefer [Re: txtrophy85] #7830119 05/05/20 04:24 PM
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,677
T
texfork Offline
Extreme Tracker
Offline
Extreme Tracker
T
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,677
B for me .


Prayer is the "ultimate" wireless connection .
Re: Which do you prefer [Re: txtrophy85] #7830126 05/05/20 04:30 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,120
K
kdkane1971 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,120
B

Re: Which do you prefer [Re: txtrophy85] #7830136 05/05/20 04:39 PM
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 309
N
NOCOOLNAMETOO Offline
Bird Dog
Offline
Bird Dog
N
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 309
B

Re: Which do you prefer [Re: txtrophy85] #7830147 05/05/20 04:50 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 40,598
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 40,598
B


texas flag








Re: Which do you prefer [Re: pokerj2] #7830176 05/05/20 05:14 PM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 29,976
T
txtrophy85 Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 29,976
Originally Posted by pokerj2
I did a euro with a red stag and really like it. It gets a ton of compliments.



Red Stag Euro's do look really nice


For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Which do you prefer [Re: txtrophy85] #7830182 05/05/20 05:16 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,191
R
Rowney Offline
Extreme Tracker
Offline
Extreme Tracker
R
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,191
always preferred A.


As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind...Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks--Thomas Jefferson
Re: Which do you prefer [Re: freerange] #7830197 05/05/20 05:27 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 56,740
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 56,740
Originally Posted by freerange
I started to say he was well into the 190s but I figured Bobo knew and I didn't want to set myself up for being wrong.
Hudbone, surprised you care much about the femdom outlook on mounts, but good for you. The same could be said for shoulder mounts but most of us have them.


I don’t know score but putting it to paper I came up with 216. I follow him on Instagram because of his work is so impressive. a Typical that dreams are made of, that’s for sure. Fronts and beams are outstanding


Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Which do you prefer [Re: txtrophy85] #7830199 05/05/20 05:28 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 56,740
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 56,740
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
A with mesquite plaque and ostrich leather is what I will do my moose

I’ve got a couple elk euros and I’m decided no more cow/horse sized euro’s, cap puts them closer to wall.


Also don’t put cart before the horse, you will end up jinxed, or atleast how it works out for me up



This isn’t being optimistic, this is future planning.

I greatly underestimated the size of my African animals and now am in a full panic trying to re-arrange my room. When I get them all stuffed into my office I will have very little real estate left so I’m planning out possible options for inside the home that won’t cause a fight with the other half or compromise my space for that 190” mule deer I’m gonna get one day....


Im just messing with you. My skull capped moose will go above my bed.

I doubt I will do another shoulder mount or euro bigger then a mule deer. My house is scattered with WT, Jav, Mule deer, Pronghorn and elk euros. Shoulders just take up to much room. Being that my wife hunts too it’s getting full of mounts.


My wife is a hunter. Problem is she wants her mounts to go in my office too....



Good problem, the opposite is way worse


Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Which do you prefer [Re: txtrophy85] #7830265 05/05/20 06:12 PM
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,514
pertnear Online Content
"Demolition Man"
Online Content
"Demolition Man"
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,514
A....I think...

This is not some type of Rorschach test is it?


"If dirt were dollars, we'd all be in the black." D.H.
Re: Which do you prefer [Re: txtrophy85] #7830786 05/06/20 01:17 AM
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 16,897
TCM3 Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 16,897
B


[Linked Image]
Re: Which do you prefer [Re: txtrophy85] #7830905 05/06/20 02:54 AM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,228
J
JCO Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
J
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,228
B, but I’d use a skull hanger and angle it back a bit.


NRA Life Member (Master of Poor Decisions)
Re: Which do you prefer [Re: txtrophy85] #7830906 05/06/20 02:56 AM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,957
Grizz Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,957
B


[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Which do you prefer [Re: txtrophy85] #7830912 05/06/20 03:08 AM
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 52
T
Top Jimmy Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
T
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 52
I have several A's in my house and a hunting partner has several A's and 1 B at his house. I like how the A's present the antlers against the wall as you can change the angle of the palms as they relate to the wall. The way the antlers come off of the skull plate, and the huge size of a swamp donkey skull, makes the presentation just seem weird up on the wall when done with a euro mount. Just my 2 cents.

-TJ


Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.
Re: Which do you prefer [Re: Top Jimmy] #7830963 05/06/20 04:43 AM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 29,976
T
txtrophy85 Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 29,976
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy
I have several A's in my house and a hunting partner has several A's and 1 B at his house. I like how the A's present the antlers against the wall as you can change the angle of the palms as they relate to the wall. The way the antlers come off of the skull plate, and the huge size of a swamp donkey skull, makes the presentation just seem weird up on the wall when done with a euro mount. Just my 2 cents.

-TJ



I agree. I also like the way A is kind of classy....like something you would see hanging up in a Northwoods lodge or supper club.


For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Which do you prefer [Re: txtrophy85] #7831008 05/06/20 11:11 AM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 64,129
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 64,129
a


Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable dickhead
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Which do you prefer [Re: txtrophy85] #7831046 05/06/20 11:50 AM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 17,883
B
Biscuit Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 17,883
A

Re: Which do you prefer [Re: Herbie Hancock] #7831163 05/06/20 01:40 PM
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,857
ETexas Hunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,857
Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
B

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3