Friday afternoon i re-inflated the zodiac and got the motor(s) out of storage and mounted:
Took it for an hour long test run on our lake to put it through its paces and to make sure all was good before taking it too far into the backcountry. This is coming back in at the end of the test run. The lonely light in the middle of the frame on shore is our place.
Got into the back lake on Saturday. Road was in decent shape other than the odd section flooded to as much as 12 inches deep. At each flooded section I stopped before proceeding to walk the flooded area to ensure no unseen surprises:
Got the boat in the water. The lake level is about 6 inches higher than the outlet of the launch turning it into a small river flowing out of the lake:
Arrived - Site is about 5 km (3 miles) from the launch and 100 yards into the bush. I started it last fall and took an average size boar out during the fall hunt:
On the way back out:
I forgot to take pics of the hide, shooting lane and bait as it was raining and i was focused on getting out. Bait recipe is as follows:
180 lbs whole corn
90 lbs oats
20 lbs yellow marshmellow bananas
30 lbs chocolate sauce
20 lbs small candy coated chocolate balls
The above fills one 55 gallon drum completely. Also sprinkled anise extract, carmel extract, and vanilla extract on 3 stumps in the area to get things started.
I will take pics of bait/hide set up next time i go in.