Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dang it #7816232 04/23/20 10:23 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Spoke with COO of company who had furloughed 3,000 of their workers across the nation. Letters were given to each employee who in turn used them to get their rightful government benefits. Obtaining those benefits did not stop the from getting stimulus checks. Well, well - all is good. Now, the company is trying to start hitting licks again mid-May with a revised service delivery structure. Only problem is too many of their workers are reusing to come back. The notion is they are doing just fine with what they are getting from the government and it hasn't run out. Stay at home and get some of other people's money instead of work for all of your own. Notice has been provided these jobs will not be held for them and that seems to matter little.

Remember the PPP loans? I got castigated in this forum due to my personal, hard line stance on the issue. Lawsuits being generated because smaller business in dire need of it didn't get in. Lots of the $ got all soaked up by bigger bank customers. You know, the ones the bankers wanted to "pay back". Some of these firms were even solicited.

I thought these loans were meant to go to firms affected by Covid 19. I personally saw some go to firms who were not having any issues with the virus - none, zero, nada. One was doing so good, they were going to use the obtained funds to hire extra, low skilled workers to help clean everything up and "gain momentum". They wouldn't have done this with their own $, but since it was free money, why not?

Funny how it works. The government is just showing us how they are the solution and training us in the process. Oh boy, I am so excited.

Re: Dang it [Re: Hudbone] #7816234 04/23/20 10:26 AM
S
Stub Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
I spoke to a gal yesterday who got furloughed and is making more money now than when she was working, good news is she would rather be working up

texas flag

Re: Dang it [Re: Hudbone] #7816257 04/23/20 11:03 AM
L
Lazyjack Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
One can directly credit the Dems and probably Chucky S. They knew many unemployed workers would receive more take home dollars dollars and thiervanswer was so what.

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: Dang it [Re: Hudbone] #7816263 04/23/20 11:20 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Work will always be there and jobs to be had in the USA.

Getting a unemployment and a extra 1200 bucks per month is a once in a lifetime deal.

If I was younger I would take the paid vacation.

Re: Dang it [Re: Hudbone] #7816268 04/23/20 11:36 AM
L
Lazyjack Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Let me add this.

Some industries are not bouncing back. Say, a hospitality worker or you know your wages will be reduced, they may need to bank a the extra bucks before returning to work.

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: Dang it [Re: Lazyjack] #7816292 04/23/20 12:07 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Lazyjack
Let me add this.

Some industries are not bouncing back. Say, a hospitality worker or you know your wages will be reduced, they may need to bank a the extra bucks before returning to work.

Bingo.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Dang it [Re: Hudbone] #7816335 04/23/20 12:49 PM
T
tech Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
this says more about the people refusing to come back to work, for $7000.00 in government cheese, than about the free handout....

America, land of opportunities,not guaranties!
Re: Dang it [Re: Hudbone] #7816336 04/23/20 12:50 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Spoke with COO of company who had furloughed 3,000 of their workers across the nation. Letters were given to each employee who in turn used them to get their rightful government benefits. Obtaining those benefits did not stop the from getting stimulus checks. Well, well - all is good. Now, the company is trying to start hitting licks again mid-May with a revised service delivery structure. Only problem is too many of their workers are reusing to come back. The notion is they are doing just fine with what they are getting from the government and it hasn't run out. Stay at home and get some of other people's money instead of work for all of your own. Notice has been provided these jobs will not be held for them and that seems to matter little.

Remember the PPP loans? I got castigated in this forum due to my personal, hard line stance on the issue. Lawsuits being generated because smaller business in dire need of it didn't get in. Lots of the $ got all soaked up by bigger bank customers. You know, the ones the bankers wanted to "pay back". Some of these firms were even solicited.

I thought these loans were meant to go to firms affected by Covid 19. I personally saw some go to firms who were not having any issues with the virus - none, zero, nada. One was doing so good, they were going to use the obtained funds to hire extra, low skilled workers to help clean everything up and "gain momentum". They wouldn't have done this with their own $, but since it was free money, why not?

Funny how it works. The government is just showing us how they are the solution and training us in the process. Oh boy, I am so excited.

What's the industry?

Re: Dang it [Re: Hudbone] #7816433 04/23/20 02:22 PM
P
Poppa Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P

Re: Dang it [Re: Hudbone] #7816459 04/23/20 02:45 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
If someone is furloughed and is asked to come back to work, their unemployment benefits will cease. The employer has to maintain paperwork with the state every couple of weeks stating the job is not available still...once the employer states the job is available, the unemployment stops.

Regarding the PPP loans, that was a big crony capitalism project, and I know plenty of folks that got the shaft. I think the numbers were something along the line of 40% of the loans went to construction companies or something like that, and construction wasn't even a shut down industry. I am sure my number is off on that, but the point being, many companies got the loans even if they were still rolling where some that had been decided they weren't essential were left dry, all because some banks played winners and losers. There should be some serious investigations about these lonas and the big banks, the banks walked away with over 10B in loan processing fees, on 350B in loan payments. Not a bad payday, and if you processed several big loans (which is what they did in lieu of the smaller more numerous loans) you got more money in fees for less work. Essentially the banks picked the winners and losers. that isn't right!

Re: Dang it [Re: Hudbone] #7816480 04/23/20 03:05 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Whee is this money going to be next year when the essential workers are being furloughed due to the city not making enough tax revenue to pay for them? Serious question.

Re: Dang it [Re: Lazyjack] #7816495 04/23/20 03:16 PM
L
Leonardo Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
One can directly credit the Dems and probably Chucky S. They knew many unemployed workers would receive more take home dollars dollars and thiervanswer was so what.

The Republicans agreed to it, which makes them just as guilty. I am a die hard conservative but they are all politicians and zero of them care about you and I.

Re: Dang it [Re: Hudbone] #7816702 04/23/20 05:41 PM
H
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Got Granny's stimulus check yesterday. She passed away last year.

Re: Dang it [Re: Leonardo] #7816809 04/23/20 06:37 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Leonardo

The Republicans agreed to it, which makes them just as guilty. I am a die hard conservative but they are all politicians and zero of them care about you and I.

You guys don/t understand unemployment then...it goes away if your job is offered back to you. So all these furloughed people will lose their benefits as soon as their employer reports they didn't take the job again. The employer is required to report every two weeks the job is not needed.

Re: Dang it [Re: Lazyjack] #7816816 04/23/20 06:43 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

All of the Senators from both parties that were present voted for this. The Republicans and Democrats are both equally at fault.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Dang it [Re: Hudbone] #7816823 04/23/20 06:46 PM
P
pokerj2 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
I can tell you this has hit the insurance business hard from multiple angles. I was turned down for the PPP loan. Our revenue was down over 30% in March, closer to 40% in April projected. I was upside down in March. I do not know how I can keep my business afloat much longer without letting my staff go. It is a really bad deal for small business' for sure.

President of American Entitlements LLC
Health insurance agency focusing in all ages from ACA plans all the way through Medicare.
Office is based in Wylie, TX
We have local agents in both Texas and Louisiana
469-814-0289
Re: Dang it [Re: Hudbone] #7816866 04/23/20 07:19 PM
H
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Rocking & rolling here. The other shoe is still to drop.

Re: Dang it [Re: Hudbone] #7817560 04/24/20 09:55 AM
H
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
"You guys don/t understand unemployment then...it goes away if your job is offered back to you. So all these furloughed people will lose their benefits as soon as their employer reports they didn't take the job again. The employer is required to report every two weeks the job is not needed." Oh look, a squirrel. Not sure you understand. The "clarification" on the unemployment is yet a diversion. The issue is there are real people who would rather get paid your $ by staying at home, taking less in the process and not working.

On a side note, wifeypoo is in the process of probating Granny's estate. Granny's stimulus check was made payable to Granny & wifeypoo. Thinking here she just could have deposited that there stimulus check in the account. I found out, it was returned yesterday. Integrity is what you do when people aren't looking.

Re: Dang it [Re: Hudbone] #7821053 04/27/20 04:38 PM
H
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
While you guys are talking about the which cooking pans to splurge on, I keep hearing horror stories one after another.

Friend of mine threw a bone to a lady who got laid off. Took her in as an employee even when he didn't need her. She worked for a week and then didn't show up. When called, she explained how she could claim unemployment and that combined with her stimulus was better than having to work for it.

Beck's fear mongering show spoke of a lady owner who got her PPI Stimulus Loan and started hitting resistance when she called her employees back in to work.

and guess what Pelosi is starting to talk about? Universal Income. If you want to kill work ethic, jump on board.

Re: Dang it [Re: Hudbone] #7827648 05/03/20 12:10 PM
H
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
and now, rent strikes. The government can't give enuff away to keep the serfs they create happy. They can't even build enuff housing for everybody they want to control. Give out money and then give out more and then people still cannot pay their expenses. What a great solution the government has become. We should just turn over everything to them.

I always thought people who can't or choose not to save cash shouldn't be provided with cash. Maybe vouchers for rent & food stuffs should have been provided in lieu of checks which could have been spent on anything. I sure would like to hear from all the positive reporters & beneficiaries of the stimulus checks, the PPP and whatever else has been bestowed to properly advise this ignorant one on how it is all to be paid for.

Re: Dang it [Re: Hudbone] #7827814 05/03/20 04:58 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Taxpayers, businesses, landlords, property owners...we are all going to get hosed. Cities and states are already talking about raising taxes. Now they're backtracking about giving illegals stimulus too!

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Dang it [Re: Leonardo] #7827820 05/03/20 05:08 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Leonardo

Amen. I have said over and over. There is NO difference between the D and the R. It’s only a matter of which party leads the screwing of the people.

Proverbs 2
Re: Dang it [Re: Hudbone] #7827838 05/03/20 05:50 PM
R
RattlesnakeDan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Saying their benefits stop when the job is open and available is not totally the case from what I understand...a friend has a business and some guys refused to come back because they claimed they are afraid to get sick and now he is not allowed to fire them while they collect unemployment.

Just like Jesus, sometimes you gotta kill some hogs.
Lone Star Mesquite . com
RattleSnake Dan's Shredding Service
Re: Dang it [Re: Hudbone] #7828449 05/04/20 10:42 AM
H
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Yep and in addition, it's not all about collecting unemployment. Some is just a lack of desire to work.

Re: Dang it [Re: Hudbone] #7833346 05/08/20 12:47 PM
H
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
San Antonio projects $200,000,000 budget shortfall. That's a lot o' zeroes, but is just one city.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide