Print Thread
Earth Day #7815349 04/22/20 04:42 PM
M
mickeyhft Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
M
"The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time to plant a tree is today." Chinese proverb

Anyone doing anything for habitat? My son wants to plant a tree and my daughter wants to pick up trash in the park. Maybe to the first, but I don't really want to go to the store, you know, Covid-19, and heck no, sorry daughter, to the second, you know again Covid. Can't wait until this distancing thing moves on so we can get out to the land, public projects or on our own (don't want to travel, its a ways).

The kids are also planning an "advocacy" project for an organization later, after schoolwork all completed.

DFW Roofing Contractor - Priority Roofing
HuntFishThrive.com

We are all in this together!
Re: Earth Day [Re: mickeyhft] #7815364 04/22/20 04:55 PM
D
Duck Buster Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Not doing anything directly for habitat, but my work organizes road clean up every year. So we have all been divvied up a 1/4 mile stretch we will pick up on our own to maintain social distancing. In the past we just walked as a group on both sides of the road for the mile long stretch, not this year.

Ground is still frozen here with some scattered snow, so can't plant anything yet. But I will water my indoor veggie starts to feel productive.

Re: Earth Day [Re: mickeyhft] #7816064 04/23/20 01:59 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Despite man's handiwork, the Coronavirus cleaned up the air, some rivers and streams this year. up

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Earth Day [Re: dogcatcher] #7816089 04/23/20 02:33 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Despite man's handiwork, the Coronavirus cleaned up the air, some rivers and streams this year. up

cheers

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Earth Day [Re: 10 Gauge] #7816242 04/23/20 10:39 AM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45

Originally Posted by laid over

cheers

cheers heading out on turkey hunt...
bounce do some social distancing...
flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Earth Day [Re: mickeyhft] #7816252 04/23/20 10:52 AM
R
RattlesnakeDan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
In the end days men will worship the creation instead of the Creator.

Just like Jesus, sometimes you gotta kill some hogs.
Lone Star Mesquite . com
RattleSnake Dan's Shredding Service
Re: Earth Day [Re: RattlesnakeDan] #7816345 04/23/20 12:59 PM
M
mickeyhft Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
M
Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan

And the first mandate God gave humanity was to be good stewards of His creation He gave them.

The verse you are quoting actually says "the created" not creation, in other words, what man created.

So as dedicated Christian who worships God and His creation, I'm glad so many of us aren't confused by this and relish in Him through our efforts in stewarding His creation.

HuntFishThrive.com

Re: Earth Day [Re: mickeyhft] #7816352 04/23/20 01:11 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Been planting trees for many years, made it a habit of giving and usually planting a tree at close friends houses or properties.
Planted around 50 + trees in my neighborhoods right of ways, creek bank etc and have probably have replaced about 20-25 over the years, as a matter of fact I have a cedar elm to replace now from where idiots in there big trucks jump the curb and run over the small trees while they are tearing up the grass doing donuts whip

My kiddos and I used to walk the creek bank with trash bags picking up whatever and would tell them it will benefit them more down the road and their kids!
On my morning walks with the hound I usually pick up an item or two in the alley.

Surprising how many people are slobs and do not give a chit.

texas flag

Re: Earth Day [Re: mickeyhft] #7816364 04/23/20 01:22 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by mickeyhft

And the first mandate God gave humanity was to be good stewards of His creation He gave them.

The verse you are quoting actually says "the created" not creation, in other words, what man created.

So as dedicated Christian who worships God and His creation, I'm glad so many of us aren't confused by this and relish in Him through our efforts in stewarding His creation.

SOme how all this changed when Christian Europeans migrated to this New World and pushed the stewards of the land out.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Earth Day [Re: Stub] #7816371 04/23/20 01:26 PM
M
mickeyhft Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
M
Originally Posted by Stub
Been planting trees for many years, made it a habit of giving and usually planting a tree at close friends houses or properties.
Planted around 50 + trees in my neighborhoods right of ways, creek bank etc and have probably have replaced about 20-25 over the years, as a matter of fact I have a cedar elm to replace now from where idiots in there big trucks jump the curb and run over the small trees while they are tearing up the grass doing donuts whip

My kiddos and I used to walk the creek bank with trash bags picking up whatever and would tell them it will benefit them more down the road and their kids!
On my morning walks with the hound I usually pick up an item or two in the alley.

Surprising how many people are slobs and do not give a chit.

up Awesome!

HuntFishThrive.com

Re: Earth Day [Re: hook_n_line] #7816376 04/23/20 01:30 PM
M
mickeyhft Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
M
Originally Posted by hook_n_line

SOme how all this changed when Christian Europeans migrated to this New World and pushed the stewards of the land out.

Yep. They even misinterpreted scripture and declared wilderness evil and set out to eliminate it. This, just like all of this kind of stuff, was not in service to the actual God but to a convenient God that coincidentally gave them mandate for their own control, power, and profits. But glad so many are out there being good stewards, worship the creator whether they realize it or not, through investing their time, energy, efforts, and resources in giving back to something that in some ways gives nothing to them and in sooooo many others ways gives everything, directly or indirectly, to them.

HuntFishThrive.com

Re: Earth Day [Re: mickeyhft] #7816384 04/23/20 01:36 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Yep, people trying to fix what was not broken and now trying to fix what they broke trying to fix it.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Earth Day [Re: mickeyhft] #7819053 04/25/20 04:15 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Earth Day [Re: mickeyhft] #7819094 04/25/20 04:40 PM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
"The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time to plant a tree is today." Chinese proverb

Anyone doing anything for habitat? My son wants to plant a tree and my daughter wants to pick up trash in the park. Maybe to the first, but I don't really want to go to the store, you know, Covid-19, and heck no, sorry daughter, to the second, you know again Covid. Can't wait until this distancing thing moves on so we can get out to the land, public projects or on our own (don't want to travel, its a ways).

The kids are also planning an "advocacy" project for an organization later, after schoolwork all completed.

Why you so scared of covid?

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide