Forums46
Topics537,698
Posts9,727,880
Members87,033
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: Texas Dan] #7797838 04/06/20 08:57 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Soon.....this is a very flawed plan from the get go......most Americans DO NOT grow their own food.....period.

Everybody is gonna get it until it goes away.......if it goes away......some are gonna die from it, and the rest of us will die from something else ....

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: swampthang] #7797846 04/06/20 09:02 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by swampthang
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

It will be bad for many reasons, mostly because I think it will result in stricter (draconian) restrictions for all.

I'm kinda predicting the opposite will happen. I think in may Trump will be practically ordering people to go back to work,to avoid even more damage to the economy. I just don't see the death toll statistics rising at a rate that would justify the actions you mentioned.

You’ve already demonstrated you don’t know what death rate means.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7797858 04/06/20 09:15 PM
S
swampthang Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S

It will be bad for many reasons, mostly because I think it will result in stricter (draconian) restrictions for all.

I'm kinda predicting the opposite will happen. I think in may Trump will be practically ordering people to go back to work,to avoid even more damage to the economy. I just don't see the death toll statistics rising at a rate that would justify the actions you mentioned.

I know what dead means,and only 140 Texans are dead from it,out of a population of almost 29 million.

Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: Mike W] #7797859 04/06/20 09:17 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Mike W
Originally Posted by JCB
I think Hobby Lobby already tried and failed. Not only were they shut back down, they didn't get the community support for their efforts either.

Kind of funny considering the grocery stores, home depot, lowes, staples, costco and other box stores are open. I guess it depends on your market cap as to whether or not you are "essential".. that and the left has been trying to shut Hobby Lobby down for years, this just gave them the excuse.

I was thinking the same thing. To send the Sherriff's to close them down was telling.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7798015 04/06/20 11:57 PM
M
Marc K Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
Soon.....this is a very flawed plan from the get go......most Americans DO NOT grow their own food.....period.

Everybody is gonna get it until it goes away.......if it goes away......some are gonna die from it, and the rest of us will die from something else ....

Right on the money. And the herd immunity will be brought up a notch in the process.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: Marc K] #7798016 04/07/20 12:03 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Marc K
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

Right on the money. And the herd immunity will be brought up a notch in the process.

Well articulated.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: Pigsicles] #7798024 04/07/20 12:16 AM
68rustbucket Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Pigsicles
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
I'm a little more concerned about the natives who run out of money and food.

What happens when employees at grocery stores stop coming to work because others are infected?
I’m also expecting to start seeing folks withdrawing cash from banks like they did in 2008-09.

A couple weeks ago I was at the bank the last day the lobby would be open. A teller told me several people were coming in and withdrawing large amounts of cash. She said “where are they going to spend it?” A roll of TP has more buying power.

Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: Texas Dan] #7798179 04/07/20 02:18 AM
T
Texas Dan Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
I'm also seeing signs that people are starting to rub each other the wrong way in public after being very considerate for the past week or two. Patience is starting to grow thin on all sides.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: Texas Dan] #7798182 04/07/20 02:21 AM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
I'm also seeing signs that people are starting to rub each other the wrong way in public after being very considerate for the past week or two. Patience is starting to grow thin on all sides.

thats daily in the city

[Linked Image]
Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: Tin Head] #7798184 04/07/20 02:22 AM
T
Texas Dan Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Tin Head
Originally Posted by Texas Dan

thats daily in the city

But even more so now with people taking their frustrations from being pent up at home on strangers in public. I can see the mask issue driving folks a little wacky as well.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 04/07/20 02:24 AM.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: swampthang] #7798192 04/07/20 02:30 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

I know what dead means,and only 140 Texans are dead from it,out of a population of almost 29 million.

Thats still not what death rate means. It’s already been explained to you twice. Just take the L.

I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: Texas Dan] #7798198 04/07/20 02:41 AM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
News report said alcohol sales are up, so illegal drugs use will also be up. Should create some wacky drunk pot smokers... clap

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: dogcatcher] #7798204 04/07/20 02:44 AM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
News report said alcohol sales are up, so illegal drugs use will also be up. Should create some wacky drunk pot smokers... clap

I don't drink. cool2

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: DocHorton] #7798298 04/07/20 05:31 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by DocHorton
Originally Posted by titan2232
Traffic was heavy as usual this morning at 5:00 am heading into work. Plenty of people still working

Strange. In DFW there's about 80% less traffic than typical. I get to work in about half the time it normally takes me.

What procedures are you doing? My dentist and kids are shut down until May except for emergencies. And ortho. Traffic is non-existent.

Rush hour on 635 last Friday at 5:30.

[Linked Image]

Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: Texas Dan] #7798311 04/07/20 05:59 AM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I been checking the TXDOT cameras and traffic is way down.

[Linked Image]
Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: Pigsicles] #7798327 04/07/20 06:24 AM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

What happens when employees at grocery stores stop coming to work because others are infected?
I’m also expecting to start seeing folks withdrawing cash from banks like they did in 2008-09.

Then the people that have already had it will take their place. Life will continue. Business will continue.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: Texas Dan] #7798344 04/07/20 11:38 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Wait'll they start to realize this could all be just a "trial run".

Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: dogcatcher] #7798347 04/07/20 11:47 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Good observation. When will the traffic deaths exceed the virus deaths? Heard yesterday that insurance companies are now giving refunds on auto insurance. cheers

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: 68rustbucket] #7798360 04/07/20 12:18 PM
Tbar Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
A couple weeks ago I was at the bank the last day the lobby would be open. A teller told me several people were coming in and withdrawing large amounts of cash. She said “where are they going to spend it?” A roll of TP has more buying power.

A friend of my wife's tried to take $200k out of a community bank. They were told they could only withdraw $20k per day at the end of the day if they had that much left over. That lite her up as they were very condescending about it. No, ok let us order it for you.....paraphrasing, the manager was like "don't you know the rules!" Yea don't need that attitude. They are moving their accounts. They have been there for years and the employees know them....geez.

Make America Great Again

Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: pegasaurus] #7798391 04/07/20 12:57 PM
P
Pigsicles Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
Originally Posted by pegasaurus

Then the people that have already had it will take their place. Life will continue. Business will continue.

This sounds good on a forum post but the reality is there are skilled position in the food chain that require training. Every company has systems and procedures in place that requires a learning curve.

Retail department heads like butchers, produce mgrs front end mgrs etc are not a dime a doz out there as there was a shortage of skilled position in the labor pool before this virus hit. Same issues for grocery wholesalers, many skilled positions that are not easy to fill off the street that can be immediately effective in the work place.

Life will continue and business will continue but I suspect we will see some disruptions going forward.
It doesn’t take much to start a panic, as we have already seen.

Pulsar Trail XQ50
Pulsar HD 19A
Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: bill oxner] #7798461 04/07/20 01:58 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Good observation. When will the traffic deaths exceed the virus deaths? Heard yesterday that insurance companies are now giving refunds on auto insurance. cheers

You can take it to the bank when I quote myself

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...r-BB12dUIE?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=ACERDHP15

"Allstate to return $600 million in auto premiums as pandemic cuts driving"

[Linked Image]

Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: bill oxner] #7798473 04/07/20 02:06 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

You can take it to the bank when I quote myself

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...r-BB12dUIE?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=ACERDHP15

"Allstate to return $600 million in auto premiums as pandemic cuts driving"

Compared to the premiums they receive that is a slap in the face,

[Linked Image]
Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: Pigsicles] #7798559 04/07/20 03:00 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by pegasaurus

This sounds good on a forum post but the reality is there are skilled position in the food chain that require training. Every company has systems and procedures in place that requires a learning curve.

Retail department heads like butchers, produce mgrs front end mgrs etc are not a dime a doz out there as there was a shortage of skilled position in the labor pool before this virus hit. Same issues for grocery wholesalers, many skilled positions that are not easy to fill off the street that can be immediately effective in the work place.

Life will continue and business will continue but I suspect we will see some disruptions going forward.
It doesn’t take much to start a panic, as we have already seen.

The food industry has the highest employment turnover rate. Why??? Because of the unskilled worker. These businesses know how to handle that.
People panic about food all the time. Just look at the milk and bread isles every time a snowflake is forecasted.
Food is not in short supply today. Why??? Because of the unskilled worker.

Stop the fear mongering and look at the reality. The grocery store businesses are booming. They are having no issue filling positions on the fly even in the midst of this pandemic.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: Tbar] #7798605 04/07/20 03:29 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by Tbar
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket

A friend of my wife's tried to take $200k out of a community bank. They were told they could only withdraw $20k per day at the end of the day if they had that much left over. That lite her up as they were very condescending about it. No, ok let us order it for you.....paraphrasing, the manager was like "don't you know the rules!" Yea don't need that attitude. They are moving their accounts. They have been there for years and the employees know them....geez.

They do realize that banks don't keep everyone's deposits sitting in the safe, don't they? Community banks aren't going to keep $200k in cash, ever.

Re: So when will the natives break loose? [Re: pegasaurus] #7798619 04/07/20 03:41 PM
P
Pigsicles Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P

[/quote]

The food industry has the highest employment turnover rate. Why??? Because of the unskilled worker. These businesses know how to handle that.
People panic about food all the time. Just look at the milk and bread isles every time a snowflake is forecasted.
Food is not in short supply today. Why??? Because of the unskilled worker.

Stop the fear mongering and look at the reality. The grocery store businesses are booming. They are having no issue filling positions on the fly even in the midst of this pandemic. [/quote]

Not fearmongering at all, just relaying information shared with me by senior management from a Retailer/Wholesaler I have dealt with for many years.
You got the business is booming part correct, but did you consider that the "just in time" replenishment system that has been in place now acts as a detriment to resupply?
Retail stores/wholesalers are trying to handle/resupply the 3-4 times initial sales panic and have done a great job at that. Its the next phase that may pose an issue as wholesale re-orders are getting factory order confirmations of 25-30% fill rates on avg.
Grocery is trying to handle the additional 38% of meals that restaurants took care of also. Trying to move institutional food supply to retail can be done but packaging/ sizes etc take some time to work through.
Lots of moving parts in the distribution system as I am sure you are aware of.
Oh, and bread and milk are DSD (direct store delivery), not part of a retailers own supply chain. Just an FYI.

On a positive note, you may have noticed that beer and wine at grocery stores has been in great supply. That's because those distributors quickly redirected the restaurants and bars route sales folks to help the grocery channel team.

Pulsar Trail XQ50
Pulsar HD 19A
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide