1. Brine chicken breast overnight in a cup of buttermilk and 1/2 cup pickle juice.
2. Rinse chicken breast with water and hammer down to around 1/2" thick. Cut in half so the breast will fit on your bun.
3. Mix up 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup cornstarch, 1 tablespoon Garlic powder, Onion Powder, Cayenne and 1/2 teaspoon chile powder, cumin, black pepper and salt.
4. Put a couple tablespoons of buttermilk in the flour mixture and mix with a fork to make it crumbly.
5. Get fry pan ready with 1/2" or whatever frying oil you like @ 350F.
6. Dip chicken in buttermilk, shake of excess, and then dip into flour mixture covering both sides.
7. Fry chicken about 3 minutes on each side until done.Spicy Mayo
1. Mix 1/2 cup mayo, several dashes of hot sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon each of paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin.
2. Add cayenne to taste.
Put it all together on a brioche bun and enjoy! We just use pickles and onion. Would probably be good to add some cheese as well.
For the BBQ chips I use this recipe