Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,992
Posts9,731,487
Members87,053
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services #7790571 03/30/20 10:34 PM
Mike W Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
This guy releases inmates then locks the pastor in the same jail.. wow.

“[Government] shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” (First Amendment – U.S. Constitution)

Setting aside my profound disdain for this action… In the short-term there will likely be those who genuinely believe this is legally defensible as a result of a public health emergency. However, in the long-term two things will happen: (1) over time, and up to the possibility of SCOTUS intervention, the pastor will win any legal case against him; and (2) hopefully people will realize quickly the term “essential service” is arbitrary.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...providing-non-essential-church-services/

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: Mike W] #7790576 03/30/20 10:37 PM
D
Davis300 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
What a bozo, I’ve met him a time or two with my job and he’s a total blowhard.

Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: Mike W] #7790581 03/30/20 10:41 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
or the right of the people peaceably to assemble

Bust the crap out of the distance rules

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: Mike W] #7790615 03/30/20 11:11 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
The pastor will not have to win any legal case against him because the charges will be dropped once this all blows over. The Sherriff was making an example out of him to show others that he means business and the Wu Flu orders are no joke. I have mixed feeling about it. I feel he probably does still retain his right to assemble a religious body of people, but feel its incredibly stupid and selfish to do so given the current issues at hand. I side with the Sherriff on the grounds that the Pastor was a dumb***!

Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: Mike W] #7790624 03/30/20 11:17 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Lawsuit coming!

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: dogcatcher] #7790627 03/30/20 11:20 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
or the right of the people peaceably to assemble

Bust the crap out of the distance rules

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: Mike W] #7790628 03/30/20 11:21 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
They had airbnb parties in big D apartments for the last week across city hall.
50-70 teenagers in a small apartment.

Where the hell are their “parents”?

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: beaversnipe] #7790659 03/31/20 12:01 AM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by beaversnipe

By now, the parents are likely hospitalized with the Kung Flu

Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: maximus_flavius] #7790663 03/31/20 12:10 AM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by maximus_flavius
Originally Posted by beaversnipe

By now, the parents are likely hospitalized with the Kung Flu

Or out looking for TP!

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: JCB] #7790667 03/31/20 12:13 AM
L
Lakhota Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
L
Originally Posted by JCB
The pastor will not have to win any legal case against him because the charges will be dropped once this all blows over. The Sherriff was making an example out of him to show others that he means business and the Wu Flu orders are no joke. I have mixed feeling about it. I feel he probably does still retain his right to assemble a religious body of people, but feel its incredibly stupid and selfish to do so given the current issues at hand. I side with the Sherriff on the grounds that the Pastor was a dumb***!

I agree that the pastor made a poor choice by having the services however just because the charges are dropped at a later time does not mean that he can’t sue. This is a case that could make it to the SCOTUS and most likely make laws as to what the government can and can not restrict. There has been over reach with some of these orders and poor choices were made on both sides with this case. These are different times.

Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: Mike W] #7790690 03/31/20 12:39 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Nice, risk the lives of his church members just to fill that plate with money.

Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: ntxtrapper] #7790717 03/31/20 01:16 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

I tithe so too.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: JCB] #7790719 03/31/20 01:18 AM
M
missingAK Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by JCB

I largely agree with this but with a few hesitations.

I believe he is right that the church is an "essential service" and that the assembly of the church is a Constitutionally protected activity. We are having to make this same difficult decision for our congregation. We chose to cancel our services...but we will not do it indefinitely. We are offering online services but it is a mistake to assume that online services are a comparable alternative to the gathering together of the Saints. On many levels, corporate, in-person worship is absolutely essential. God's church will not be destroyed by missing a few weeks gathering.

I have heard some "Pastors" claim that these orders are some form of persecution against the church. There may come a time when church's must resist true persecution from the Gov't. This isn't the hill churches need to die on. We can show our communities, and our own congregations, that we love and care for them by suffering this trial along with them.

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened." Winston Churchill
Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: ntxtrapper] #7790724 03/31/20 01:23 AM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B

Yep

Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: Mike W] #7790731 03/31/20 01:30 AM
D
DLALLDER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I wonder if the Sheriff arrested any of the people attending the non-essential services?

Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: ntxtrapper] #7790736 03/31/20 01:35 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

It is not only the church members, it also risks the members of the community that come i contact with the church members.

He is a POS and would deserves what could happen, unfortunately he will probably skate. A good blanket party would be justice.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: Mike W] #7790753 03/31/20 01:55 AM
M
missingAK Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
In my mind:
-to close out of fear is wrong...and shows a lack of faith.
-to remain open out of a false sense of bravado is wrong...and shows a lack of wisdom and love.

It's a hard position. Churches should err on the side of love for one another. Some will certainly remain open out of greed. In their case, God will handle that in His time.

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened." Winston Churchill
Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: Mike W] #7790765 03/31/20 02:07 AM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
popcorn

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: missingAK] #7790781 03/31/20 02:28 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by missingAK
In my mind:
-to remain open out of a false sense of bravado is wrong...and shows a lack of wisdom and love.

It's a hard position. Churches should err on the side of love for one another. Some will certainly remain open out of greed. In their case, God will handle that in His time.

That’s a good way to put it.

Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: Mike W] #7790792 03/31/20 02:40 AM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Looks like a dirty Wiesel

Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: Sneaky] #7790972 03/31/20 12:44 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Sneaky
In my mind:

That’s a good way to put it.

Yep, it's hard to argue with that. It's like the city, county, and state officials issuing the orders. It's easy to criticize them for what they are doing or not doing (I've thrown some rocks myself), but I'm awfully glad I'm not the one having to make those decisions. They can't win regardless of what they do.
Having said that, I'm firmly on the side that the pastor made the wrong decision under the circumstances. Regardless of what his misguided intentions were, he put a lot of people at risk unnecessarily.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: Mike W] #7791027 03/31/20 01:46 PM
MikeC Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I pray daily for God to protect us from this deadly virus, but God also gave me enough common sense to do it from home.

www.connerknives.net

In every old body lives a young person wondering what the hell happened!

[Linked Image]
Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: Brother in-law] #7791048 03/31/20 02:04 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Brother in-law
Looks like a dirty Wiesel

A face only a mother could love laugh

The wife and I saw his picture on the news and the first thing out of her mouth was; He looks like a convict!

https://www.tampabay.com/news/healt...vice-draws-warning-from-sheriffs-office/

But Howard-Browne, the self-proclaimed “Holy Ghost bartender” and COVID-19 conspiracy theorist, ignored those warnings.
He held two large services on Sunday, deputies said, and even bused people in to the church at 3738 River International Drive.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Stub; 03/31/20 02:15 PM.

texas flag

Re: Tampa Bay Sheriff Arrests Christian Pastor For Providing “Non-Essential” Church Services [Re: missingAK] #7791144 03/31/20 03:37 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by JCB

I largely agree with this but with a few hesitations.

I believe he is right that the church is an "essential service" and that the assembly of the church is a Constitutionally protected activity. We are having to make this same difficult decision for our congregation. We chose to cancel our services...but we will not do it indefinitely. We are offering online services but it is a mistake to assume that online services are a comparable alternative to the gathering together of the Saints. On many levels, corporate, in-person worship is absolutely essential. God's church will not be destroyed by missing a few weeks gathering.

I have heard some "Pastors" claim that these orders are some form of persecution against the church. There may come a time when church's must resist true persecution from the Gov't. This isn't the hill churches need to die on. We can show our communities, and our own congregations, that we love and care for them by suffering this trial along with them.

They can have services online like every other church has done. This isn't a Patriot standing on the village green. This is an irresponsible idiot who may now have sickened an untold number of people.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide