Print Thread
Fairfield State Park Lottery Hunt #7790737 03/31/20 01:37 AM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Any info on what is 'posed to happen with Fairfield SP's future ? Doing our part in keeping house bound is getting really boring already going into Week 3, but staying safe is the name of the game right now.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Fairfield State Park Lottery Hunt [Re: WileyCoyote] #7790785 03/31/20 02:30 AM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe
Email I got.

Dear Public Hunter,

The safety, health and well-being of public hunters and TPWD staff are always our primary concern when you visit us on a hunt, especially during the current health situation that has swept the globe. While we are not canceling public hunts at this time, we are making some temporary changes to public hunting activities on state parks and WMAs.

We will not be drawing on-site, standby positions for any hunts during the remainder of the season.

Hunter check-in and orientations will be held outdoors with room for hunters to practice social distancing.

Hand sanitizer and/or soap and water will be provided at public areas such as check stations and restrooms.

We will disinfect public areas such as check stations and restrooms at least 2x a day.

If you were drawn for an upcoming hunt, a hunt manager will be in contact to confirm your attendance and provide instructions on how to check in using social distancing protocols. If you want to cancel due to health concerns, please let the hunt manager know and also email your request to hunt@tpwd.texas.gov, including your name and permit number in your email. In the event your hunt is canceled, you will automatically be issued a refund and will not need to call us.

These new policies are temporarily in effect for the remainder of this season.

Stay safe,

TPWD Public Hunting Program Team

Re: Fairfield State Park Lottery Hunt [Re: WileyCoyote] #7792949 04/02/20 03:36 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Looks like TP&W are covering the bases

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Fairfield State Park Lottery Hunt [Re: WileyCoyote] #7794715 04/03/20 10:09 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
The info I'm looking for concerns what I heard last fall was the pending change in the lake and Park area's ownership, with no future plans announced for public usage of Fairfield SP from the new owner or TPW. TPW's FFSP crew the few times I've talked to them in person has always been top drawer.

I'm beginning to do my homework for Fall Season of 2020 in order to keep mebbe some little shred of some sanity while home bound. If the rain'll give us a break I'll start shooting a little at the Leon County range later this month now that the shoulder has responded with only a hand full of bone spurs to tolerate and no retread surgery needed so far. Need to put some trigger time behind the Marlin XL 7 SS 270 which was a pleasant surprise at 100 yards with basic Federal Blue Box and shows good promise if I can do my part, and become my go anywhere everyday shooter. too bad that nobody wanted it last Fall when I offered it for sale for several months. I scoped the Marlin and shot it in at the last minute as a backup for the M70 270 Sporter for last years Lake Mineral Wells SP Hunt when I found out they had enclosed box blinds that the M70's 24" barrel did not seem like a very good idea....and proved that the Marlin was the right choice.

Anyone got any insight on Public hunting around Lake Limestone? or the State property in Robertson County ? I see a sign along the hiway every time I ride the VA shuttle that looks like an access point on some nice looking property.
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 04/03/20 10:41 PM.

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

Re: Fairfield State Park Lottery Hunt [Re: WileyCoyote] #7795479 04/04/20 06:06 PM
S
sqiggy Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote
Anyone got any insight on Public hunting around Lake Limestone? or the State property in Robertson County ? I see a sign along the hiway every time I ride the VA shuttle that looks like an access point on some nice looking property.
Ron
There is a Type II place in Robertson Co. There is a access point off Hwy 7 and another from a FM road that I don't remember the number. But with the $48 permit fee, there will be a map of the place. Think it's around 1100 acres.

Re: Fairfield State Park Lottery Hunt [Re: WileyCoyote] #7795832 04/04/20 11:05 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Thank you Sqiggy...thats gotta be exactly the place. Sounds like I need to do some 1st hand look/see.
Ron

Re: Fairfield State Park Lottery Hunt [Re: WileyCoyote] #7796328 04/05/20 02:57 PM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45

What type hunting ya looking for?
It has ponds close ta entrence off the FM road, pretty much open terrian, some creek beds swing threw.
Thick woods were fence line, twas an open gate with trail that dead ends. Thick brush along trail. At end found place ta get threw, cross creek.
Entrance from highway 7 not much parking room but easier access ta the woods. Did archery & hog hunts...
Squirrel, deer, ducks, & plenty hogs..
Been several years though so things might have changed..
flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Fairfield State Park Lottery Hunt [Re: WileyCoyote] #7796671 04/05/20 08:44 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Robertson County Type II Hunts...looked at several locations in the TPW web site, and all of them I saw were Youth Hunts only. Most of them were not very large either about 100-200 acres usually, with the one off Hwy 7 at 1000 +/- acres the only location of any size. I also looked in the 3-4 surrounding counties and it was all about the same....Youth Only and small acreage.

Good for TPW to encourage the Next Generation with some places to go and plant the seed of a lifetime hobby. Wish North Texas had had more youth oriented locations when my 2 were growing up in Carrollton. Our trips to up north of Honey Grove where I had many memories made, from learning enough about and deciding to marry the young lady who still has a super fine touch for feeling a crappie bite 52 years later, were not pleasant lessons for them with too many examples "adult behavior"...they are now 50 & 47 and don't hunt. They do occasionally fish and camp on TPW property that is not close to DFW's Metro Mess on their own but otherwise TPW has lost that Generation, at least in my bloodline.
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 04/05/20 08:55 PM.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide