Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7781357 03/22/20 06:04 PM
A
angus1956 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
A
Just applied for Wyoming antelope life will be close to normal by October. We have 4 PP so odds are good we'll draw.

Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: unclebubba] #7781547 03/22/20 08:40 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by unclebubba
Easter weekend I plan on taking my boy to OK for a Turkey hunt. It would take an act of God to change those plans.

i think this IS an act of God

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7781590 03/22/20 09:20 PM
S
scottfromdallas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Originally Posted by unclebubba
Easter weekend I plan on taking my boy to OK for a Turkey hunt. It would take an act of God to change those plans.

i think this IS a bioweapon made by evil men

FIFY

Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7782073 03/23/20 04:52 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Talking with one of my friends on our lease who does a Kansas hunt. His dad is canceling his hunt there because they host hunters at the lodge from all over. Many from NY so he doesn't trust them being 77. Now they probably won't come but he doesn't want to take any chances. Should the outfitter ban all CA and NY clients?? Pretty sure all their hunters will cancel eventually no matter what.

If this doesn't clear up CO might cancel all hunts this year. County I was just in there shut down everything.

Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7784344 03/25/20 02:32 AM
T
thecoblecrew Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
I’ve had to cancel my upcoming hunt, unfortunately. Was supposed to have an Axis hunt very soon but they just implemented the shelter-in-place mandate for the county I’m in. This has affected my daytime child care plan, so now I have to work from home with the kids, and can’t get to my hunt.
This really sucks, I was going to bring my oldest son with my on this hunt, he is 6 yrs old. We were really looking forward to it. Now having to reschedule for a future date.

Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7784426 03/25/20 04:22 AM
H
HS2 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
I have a hunt planned for April 19th. I'm not worried about the destination, it is si secluded I would feel very safe there.

1. My two buddies, I know them VERY well, but where have they been, who have they been around?
2. 8 hour drive with them, stopping at gas stations along the way
3. Will gas stations be open?

What are you guys thinking about your hunts in the near future? Hopefully by October this chit will calm down

If I were you I wouldn’t go. You’d feel guilty. What would make sense is to give the hunt away to someone like me. That way you wouldn’t be risking anything.

Podcast: Reasoning Through the Bible
ReasoningThroughTheBible.com
Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7787747 03/28/20 11:14 AM
D
dirthawker Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Do you think a guide should refund a deposit in these times?

Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: dirthawker] #7787762 03/28/20 11:58 AM
T
TEXASLEFTY Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
T
Originally Posted by dirthawker

No. You shouldn’t ask either, it’s hard times for small business owners.

Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey
Never been to a camping world. I prefer Dick's to be honest.
Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7787767 03/28/20 12:26 PM
B
B_Man Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
I dis-agree with TexasLefty- what about the people who lost their jobs, or had hours cut back, or had a member of their household
lose a job and they need to help them out. It is normally 50/50 hard times for small business owners and workers/employees,
not just one way.

Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: TEXASLEFTY] #7787928 03/28/20 03:28 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by TEXASLEFTY

Its not the Guides fault.

As long as he either gives you option A. Still come hunt or B. Reschedule the trip, no refund of a deposit is warranted.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7788123 03/28/20 06:42 PM
B
B_Man Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
It's definitely not the hunters fault. He or she never asked or caused a Pandemic that has shut down a lot of the economy.
It's not the hunters fault that he or she or family lost a job or had hours cut back. I think giving options to the hunter is good
but again not his fault his life went into chaos due to CV.

Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: B_Man] #7788230 03/28/20 08:42 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by B_Man
It's definitely not the hunters fault. He or she never asked or caused a Pandemic that has shut down a lot of the economy.
It's not the hunters fault that he or she or family lost a job or had hours cut back. I think giving options to the hunter is good

So a outfitter is expected to give up income due to a hunter/client losing income?

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: txtrophy85] #7788272 03/28/20 09:34 PM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Originally Posted by B_Man

So a outfitter is expected to give up income due to a hunter/client losing income?

Everybody Hurts - R.E.M.

If the hunt cannot happen the deposit must be given back period. If the hunter just doesn't want to go then too bad.

Actually the outfitter is probably going to get a forgivable loan from the gov to make up all income lost...

Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7788432 03/29/20 12:45 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I have only used 2 outfitters and both were years ago. Both had refund policies in the contract we signed.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: dogcatcher] #7788476 03/29/20 01:31 AM
A
angus1956 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
A
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
I have only used 2 outfitters and both were years ago. Both had refund policies in the contract we signed.

Most outfitters only give refunds if you die. They would rather rebook your hunt to a later date. They are in the business to make money and support their family. If you book a hunt and place a deposit you need to go out of your way to hunt.

Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: TEXASLEFTY] #7788605 03/29/20 03:45 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Originally Posted by TEXASLEFTY

Exactly. You degenerates know better than to act this way.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7788684 03/29/20 09:56 AM
J
Jbell99 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
I just got back from a hunting trip on Monday, gas stations are essential businesses and we are still producing new gas ( I work in petrochemical field) you don’t need to worry about getting stranded because of gas. I say go and enjoy your hunt and get away, go somewhere your phone doesn’t work and you can’t see the news or Facebook craziness.

Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7788699 03/29/20 11:20 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
"Most outfitters only give refunds if you die." Why would they even do that? As they said in Thunderdome, A deal is a deal.". What does dying have to do with this?

Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Ag Hunter 78] #7789078 03/29/20 07:34 PM
A
Ag Hunter 78 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Ag Hunter 78
Just stating facts...as of now there are almost 27,000 confirmed cases and there have been 341 that have died from COVID 19, so this isn't "hype" to those families. As long as people blow it off as media hype, it will continue to grow exponentially. Let's see where the numbers are a week from now. Not saying to live like hermits and not going to argue about this...just stating facts.

It has been a week since my last post (above). I just checked the numbers. We are at almost 136,000 confirmed cases which is about 5 times as many as just one week ago. At this time last week we were at 341 deaths. We are now at 2,389 which is about 7 times what it was one week ago. If we continue at the same rate, in one week we will be at about 680,000 cases and 16,700 deaths. Exponential growth can be a terrible thing and it looks like we aren't that close to peaking.

This is not HYPE! It's real and real people are dying. And get off of this "it wouldn't be anything worse than a cold for me" attitude. It's not just old people or those with health conditions. On Friday a healthy 44-year-old man that lives just 15 miles away from us died from COVID 19. My sister and two nieces are nurses, so this is very real to my family. So quit watching Fox news. This is not a hoax, media hype, or a plot against Trump's reelection. Follow the guidelines, stay home, and take precautions.

No prayer in school....What's next, no thinking in church?
It's not just about pie in the sky when you die. It's also about steak on your plate while you wait!
Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7789133 03/29/20 08:44 PM
T
Top Jimmy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
I would suspect that the current epidemic would be construed as a force majeure event and that everyone would just have to book for a later time. My 2 cents.

-TJ

Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.
Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7789160 03/29/20 09:00 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
The threat to our economy is far worse than the threat of the virus itself. Lord knows people can't do without these days. Proof is in the shelf- toilet paper shortage? Of all things, you would think it is a joke but it is real.

Shortages, inflation, and unemployment might prove more deadly than this virus if we don't stop this madness now. If our economy collapsed, more than half of us would die. I would wager than even most "preppers" can't do without. So it's time to wake the hell up. The virus ain't this damn bad.

I am a trucker and have delivered to several dollar stores in areas that the virus has struck. And I am not worried about it.

It's ok to be afraid but it's not ok to be a coward.

If I were an outfitter I'd not cancel anything. You come on iut and do your hunt or forfeit your deposit.

If the gov't. Shut you down, well what can you do? But why?

I'd rather have contact with an outfitter and come home with a whole animal, than take my changes at the grocery store for something on the shelf, if it were really "that bad". Nilgai should be at the top of your list.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7789196 03/29/20 09:32 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
If the outfitters are shut down, then do they need to make refunds? Lakes have been closed, does the fishing guide still get to keep his deposits?

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: dogcatcher] #7789220 03/29/20 09:45 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Interesting, Ag Hunter and Laid Over had two polar opposite opinions posted back to back. Perfect example to me of how opinions on this whole thing is playing out. Everyone will have an opinion and they are entitled to it and often times they will differ. As long as everyone stays civil then keep em coming.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7789269 03/29/20 10:20 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
If the place you booked for canceled you should get a refund. If you cancel then Tuff S

Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7789681 03/30/20 03:13 AM
A
Ag Hunter 78 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
I stated on my first post that I wasn't going to debate this. Mr Laid Over has his opinion and I have mine. Apparently, he has an essential job and must go out there, so kudos and prayers that he stay safe. I just retired a few months ago, so it's easier for me to stay home like we are being advised to do. I base my opinions on facts, evidence, science, and the numbers, not on Trump's rambling misinformation and flat out lies (It's a democratic hoax. There's only 15 cases and we will have it down to 0 shortly, etc., etc.) I don't have to visit a New York hospital to know that this pandemic is serious stuff. If we bury our heads in the sand, our Texas hospitals could look like those New York hospitals in a few weeks. At what point will some of you still say "it ain't that damn bad"? Will it take "X" number of deaths, or heaven forbid, a death in your own family? There's thousands out there already affected that would argue that it IS that damn bad. I do agree with Laid Over that we have to wake the hell up! (Better to wake the hell up than to wake up in hell.)

As a retired math educator, I know exponential growth and what it means. I've seen several reports that each person that has COVID 19 can spread it on average to 4 other people. If we accept that as a real possibility, then 1 person becomes 4 more, which becomes 16 more by those 4 spreading it to 4 others each, etc. If you do that 7 times, you are at 16,384 which doesn't seem bad, but if you keep going an additional 7 iterations, you are now at 268,435,456 which is about 3/4 of Americans. Once those numbers start getting pretty large, you can see how great the problem can become. If each of those iterations took one week, that model would have 3/4 of Americans infected in 14 weeks if we just ignored it.

I am not an economist, but most of what I have researched says that if we go back to business as usual and focus on the economy first and put COVID 19 on the back burner, then we will actually make the problem worse and further damage the economy and delay recovery.....more people will get sick, who get even more people sick which means less people working and making money to pay bills and buy stuff. The economy won't get solved until the pandemic gets solved. I don't agree with Lt Governor Dan Patrick's statements that a lot of older folks need to be sacrificed for our economy. Wow. What's a human life worth nowadays? Anyway, my epitaph isn't going to be a Nathan Hale parallel that would read "I only regret that I have but one life to give to our economy."

Anyway, I've said my piece and won't get into a political debate or argument. Me and my family will do our part and strictly limit any trips out of the house and buy only what we need. And maybe a week from now I'll see where the numbers are and pray that it goes from an exponential to a logarithmic graph.

No prayer in school....What's next, no thinking in church?
It's not just about pie in the sky when you die. It's also about steak on your plate while you wait!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide