Print Thread
Texas Record Book #7781848 03/23/20 12:24 AM
B
Biscuit Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Where’s the most reliable source for Texas deer records , low fence free range deer ?

Re: Texas Record Book [Re: Biscuit] #7781884 03/23/20 12:58 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
are you talking about Boone and Crockett records? If so they have records over many years of LF deer - best source there is IMO - their website can narrow down to each county in Texas

You can't fix stupid
Re: Texas Record Book [Re: Biscuit] #7781889 03/23/20 01:02 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Assuming it’s been entered B/C

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Texas Record Book [Re: Biscuit] #7782171 03/23/20 12:24 PM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Also there is the Texas Big Game Awards. They have a web site and I know they have been keeping records at least since 2004-2005 deer season.

"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas".
Re: Texas Record Book [Re: snake oil] #7782320 03/23/20 02:46 PM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by snake oil
Also there is the Texas Big Game Awards. They have a web site and I know they have been keeping records at least since 2004-2005 deer season.

Texas Big Game Awards started in about 1990. It separates HF from LF.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Texas Record Book [Re: freerange] #7784045 03/24/20 09:35 PM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by freerange

Texas Big Game Awards just coincidentally had their standings from last season recently posted and I just saw it last night. Our lease had 7 bucks that qualified. That’s right at half our hunters. Our top deer ended up in the top handful of Typicals in Region 3 and the #1 for our County. Four of them were killed with a bow including the top one. Mother Nature helped us out with good range conditions and then it got dry so they got hungry and that helped to get them killed. We don’t have acorns so we didn’t have that issue that so many did. I don’t usually brag and I may regret that I posted this but I couldn't resist cause im just so proud of what our guys have been able to do through the years.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Re: Texas Record Book [Re: freerange] #7784220 03/25/20 12:26 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter

Texas Big Game Awards just coincidentally had their standings from last season recently posted and I just saw it last night. Our lease had 7 bucks that qualified. That’s right at half our hunters. Our top deer ended up in the top handful of Typicals in Region 3 and the #1 for our County. Four of them were killed with a bow including the top one. Mother Nature helped us out with good range conditions and then it got dry so they got hungry and that helped to get them killed. We don’t have acorns so we didn’t have that issue that so many did. I don’t usually brag and I may regret that I posted this but I couldn't resist cause im just so proud of what our guys have been able to do through the years.

Man that is impressive! You are a great lease manager/boss. There are bad ones and great ones and you in the latter.

Doing things the right way takes patience, money, work, time, and on and on. Congrats! Your lease members are lucky to have you

Last edited by tlk; 03/25/20 12:52 AM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Texas Record Book [Re: freerange] #7784418 03/25/20 04:00 AM
B
b weezy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Pictures?????

Re: Texas Record Book [Re: tlk] #7785235 03/25/20 09:37 PM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by tlk

Man that is impressive! You are a great lease manager/boss. There are bad ones and great ones and you in the latter.

Doing things the right way takes patience, money, work, time, and on and on. Congrats! Your lease members are lucky to have you

tlk, thanks for the kind words. It means a lot coming from you. tlk posts enough on here that most of yall know some about his place, but if you don't, he runs one of the best LF ranches in Texas and they kill way bigger deer than us every year.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide