Re: CoVid-19 PSA [Re: beaversnipe] #7781969 03/23/20 02:18 AM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
The fact that Texas is not under lockdown is absolutely shameful.
I guarantee you, at some point we will. We are just waiting like idiots for the numbers to go up and pull the trigger.

What exactly is a “lockdown” going to do that isn’t already happening? We aren’t going to stop people from going to the gas station, grocery store, pharmacy or any other critical business. Basically what is already happening now. What good is some civil mandate that will either be unenforceable, illegal or ignored by most? I keep hearing how a lockdown is imminent and I should be afraid or whatever....Working in the healthcare sector my wife and I are immediately exempt from anything like that....along with millions of others that are critical to keeping the state running. A lockdown will mean nothing other than being a strong suggestion to stay home. What good will that actually do?

Re: CoVid-19 PSA [Re: pegasaurus] #7781980 03/23/20 02:31 AM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
the one they go all the way back is flexible, nit stiff like the picture above

yall a bunch of puzzzzz

bring that swab on, ill swallow that effer

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: CoVid-19 PSA [Re: beaversnipe] #7782345 03/23/20 03:09 PM
O
Ol_Yeller Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
I guarantee you, at some point we will. We are just waiting like idiots for the numbers to go up and pull the trigger.

Boy, you are just a ray of sunshine...why don't you leave this miserable country?

BTW go back and read the Mike Rowe thread.

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."
Re: CoVid-19 PSA [Re: beaversnipe] #7782369 03/23/20 03:36 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
German chancellor is the only leader in the World who is doing things right.

This is not a good point in time to be doing crack, you really need to get some help.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: CoVid-19 PSA [Re: krmitchell] #7782371 03/23/20 03:36 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by krmitchell

What exactly is a “lockdown” going to do that isn’t already happening? We aren’t going to stop people from going to the gas station, grocery store, pharmacy or any other critical business. Basically what is already happening now. What good is some civil mandate that will either be unenforceable, illegal or ignored by most? I keep hearing how a lockdown is imminent and I should be afraid or whatever....Working in the healthcare sector my wife and I are immediately exempt from anything like that....along with millions of others that are critical to keeping the state running. A lockdown will mean nothing other than being a strong suggestion to stay home. What good will that actually do?

I don't know, it may keep people from going out and doing whatever. We have people around here acting like it's no big deal "It's just the flu".

Re: CoVid-19 PSA [Re: Jasb] #7782499 03/23/20 05:20 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Jasb

I don't know, it may keep people from going out and doing whatever. We have people around here acting like it's no big deal "It's just the flu".

Honestly speaking... This particular virus is not piling bodies in the streets. So far it has a 97-98% survival rate. I don’t want people to die but in the grand scheme we loose people to many many more people to other things and society just doesn’t care about those. Here is an example. The entire state of Delaware is on a “shelter in place” order. Non-essential businesses are ordered closed. And guess to what was exempted.... Liquor stores. Yes liquor stores are considered essential. wtf
In the end everyone is likely to get this virus at some point. I get they are trying to slow things down but what is all this shutdown going to cost the US in the long term? I feel all this political posturing, economic shut down and bail out is riskier than the impacts of the virus itself.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: CoVid-19 PSA [Re: pegasaurus] #7782518 03/23/20 05:30 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by pegasaurus
Originally Posted by Jasb

Honestly speaking... This particular virus is not piling bodies in the streets. So far it has a 97-98% survival rate. I don’t want people to die but in the grand scheme we loose people to many many more people to other things and society just doesn’t care about those. Here is an example. The entire state of Delaware is on a “shelter in place” order. Non-essential businesses are ordered closed. And guess to what was exempted.... Liquor stores. Yes liquor stores are considered essential. wtf
In the end everyone is likely to get this virus at some point. I get they are trying to slow things down but what is all this shutdown going to cost the US in the long term? I feel all this political posturing, economic shut down and bail out is riskier than the impacts of the virus itself.

I was talking to a friend of mine today whose wife is an ER nurse and they are already out of PPE. How would you feel about flattening that curve if the your wife the mother of your children was the one out there trying to take care of the sick?

Re: CoVid-19 PSA [Re: pegasaurus] #7782647 03/23/20 06:48 PM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Had a pre-op lab including swab on Friday. Tech didn't go that deep I don't think, actually kind of tickled and my eyes started watering. Negative anyway!

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide