Forums46
Topics537,992
Posts9,731,493
Members87,053
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: bill oxner] #7779976 03/21/20 12:04 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by bill oxner
How many died of the big C?

Everyone has a personal story about the big “C” but it is pointless in relation to a viral contagion. Different diseases have different death rates. However, Cancer is not transmitted person to person and has been around for many, many, many years.

I hope you stay safe and don’t catch this virus because, statistically, you are in an age range of people that are more likely to die from this than the big “C”.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7779981 03/21/20 12:09 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I have been coming to the office every day. Office employees have been told their presence is up to them. Most have been coming in. All will get paid. Clients have been put on notice to utilize phone and e-mail in lieu of visiting the office. The frau has put herself in self-quarantine ever since returning from Southern Cali. My 80 year old Mother is secluded within her protected condo in Olmos Park. She's only getting out to her thrice weekly workouts. She has to keep up with that. I will never be as good as her and if something happens to her, I will be without.

With all of this said, I do understand the needs for some of this slow down and hope for the flattening of the bell curve. Not only will that help to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed, it will also bring us to the warmer part of the year where the virus will be "held back" by the heat and provide time for research and the possibility for vaccines and hopefully, a cure.

I don't like it, but I kind of get it. So many are freaking out because our great country's prosperity has placed us in the position where far too many are not acquainted with true adversity. We will pull out of this and then be stronger for it. That won't be tomorrow or next week. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: Hudbone] #7780014 03/21/20 12:40 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Hudbone
I have been coming to the office every day. Office employees have been told their presence is up to them. Most have been coming in. All will get paid. Clients have been put on notice to utilize phone and e-mail in lieu of visiting the office. The frau has put herself in self-quarantine ever since returning from Southern Cali. My 80 year old Mother is secluded within her protected condo in Olmos Park. She's only getting out to her thrice weekly workouts. She has to keep up with that. I will never be as good as her and if something happens to her, I will be without.

With all of this said, I do understand the needs for some of this slow down and hope for the flattening of the bell curve. Not only will that help to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed, it will also bring us to the warmer part of the year where the virus will be "held back" by the heat and provide time for research and the possibility for vaccines and hopefully, a cure.

I don't like it, but I kind of get it. So many are freaking out because our great country's prosperity has placed us in the position where far too many are not acquainted with true adversity. We will pull out of this and then be stronger for it. That won't be tomorrow or next week. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

I think the iceberg is going to flip. Those that have had it and recovered will become our primary workforce until a vaccine is ready. After a short dip.. the manufacturing and supply will continue. Distribution will continue. We will move on to the next virus or catastrophe.

Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7780032 03/21/20 01:03 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
5000 more cases in spain overnite

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7780035 03/21/20 01:11 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
The need to maintain civil obedience is the reason why the current approach is being taken. If you really want to see the time come when you'll need all that ammo you've been hoarding, do nothing and let the rule of every man for himself take over.

Just as our hospital system is not designed to support the needs of a mass pandemic, law enforcement doesn't have the manpower and resources to support a breakdown in civil obedience.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 03/21/20 01:13 PM.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7780044 03/21/20 01:20 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Europe is real bad right now, they cant get a hold of it.

We are 60 days behind them and 5 months behind China.

We need to take advantage of that time, thats all we got.

Cant our government see what the Rock is cooking?

To this day, we still had a massive amount of spring breakers partying on the Miama beaches.

Unreal

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7780047 03/21/20 01:23 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
RIO.....my date is already on the calendar and although I don’t know when and how I’m at peace with it. So is my 87 year old mother......

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: beaversnipe] #7780055 03/21/20 01:33 PM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Europe is real bad right now, they cant get a hold of it.

We are 60 days behind them and 5 months behind China.

We need to take advantage of that time, thats all we got.

Cant our government see what the Rock is cooking?

To this day, we still had a massive amount of spring breakers partying on the Miama beaches.

Unreal

Smell what the rock is cooking.

Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: Texas Dan] #7780067 03/21/20 01:39 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
The need to maintain civil obedience is the reason why the current approach is being taken. If you really want to see the time come when you'll need all that ammo you've been hoarding, do nothing and let the rule of every man for himself take over.

Just as our hospital system is not designed to support the needs of a mass pandemic, law enforcement doesn't have the manpower and resources to support a breakdown in civil obedience.

The longer you shut down the economy and especially quarantine, the more likely anarchy occurs......not anarchy from deaths from the disease itself if the economy continues functioning IMO.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7780077 03/21/20 01:46 PM
D
Dry Fire Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Your isolation theory will always fail unless the entire world population self isolates as well.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7780078 03/21/20 01:46 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Oh boy. Save the watch. It’s getting deep in here.

Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7780081 03/21/20 01:48 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Are they tracking all the heart attacks, strokes and assaults that will occur because of this shut down? Doubt it.....

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7780087 03/21/20 01:53 PM
D
Dry Fire Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
The Earth has reached or exceeded its carrying capacity for the human race. This could be the first shot by Mother Nature to put it back in balance. Over the next 100 years or so I expect we will see more epidemics due to over population and its associated problems such as pollution, climate change, etc.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: Dry Fire] #7780095 03/21/20 01:58 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Dry Fire
The Earth has reached or exceeded its carrying capacity for the human race. This could be the first shot by Mother Nature to put it back in balance. Over the next 100 years or so I expect we will see more epidemics due to over population and its associated problems such as pollution, climate change, etc.

This has been my thoughts for many years. However, this virus seems to be a purge of the elderly and week.

Now thinking about it. It’s just like that National Geographic show on how predators keep the herds healthy. confused2

Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7780097 03/21/20 02:03 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

The longer you shut down the economy and especially quarantine, the more likely anarchy occurs......not anarchy from deaths from the disease itself if the economy continues functioning IMO.

When the death rate reaches the point where even the most essential work is not being done, either because there is no one to do it or workers fear leaving the the relative safety of their homes, the state of the economy will be an afterthought.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 03/21/20 02:05 PM.

Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: Paluxy] #7780101 03/21/20 02:05 PM
glens Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Hancock

Remote villages were wiped out by the Spanish Flu. Imagine travel back in 1918. Our idea of a lockdown in 2020 is on par with regular travel back in 1918. Covid-19 isn't the flu is it.

Laugh when I see that 1918 Spanish Flu reference. Most , including just about all of Rural folks, at that time were still crapping outdoors (outhouse) and had no running water inside. Heck Penicillin wasn't discovered until 1928.

Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7780102 03/21/20 02:07 PM
DeRico Offline
Mobius 1
Mobius 1
Take care everybody and god bless. Hope to finally meet some of y’all, eventually, when there’s a THF meeting. Lol

[Linked Image]
Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: glens] #7780108 03/21/20 02:12 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by glens

Remote villages were wiped out by the Spanish Flu. Imagine travel back in 1918. Our idea of a lockdown in 2020 is on par with regular travel back in 1918. Covid-19 isn't the flu is it.

Laugh when I see that 1918 Spanish Flu reference. Most , including just about all of Rural folks, at that time were still crapping outdoors (outhouse) and had no running water inside. Heck Penicillin wasn't discovered until 1928.

Here is proof of how deadly that event was. There is not one Spanish Flu survivor from that event here on this forum.
It’s true. Look it up. If you want to take it to the bank... Let me know and I’ll quote myself.

Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: glens] #7780111 03/21/20 02:14 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

Yesterday was the first time since the numbers began ramping up quickly that the number of new deaths in the US was less than the day before.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 03/21/20 02:18 PM.

Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7780117 03/21/20 02:25 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Seeing the results of the survey my heart hurts for you folks. Man what a bunch.

"people will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy"

Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: pegasaurus] #7780121 03/21/20 02:29 PM
J
jetdad Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by pegasaurus

Here is proof of how deadly that event was. There is not one Spanish Flu survivor from that event here on this forum.
It’s true. Look it up. If you want to take it to the bank... Let me know and I’ll quote myself.

You forgot to post a picture.

Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: Texas Dan] #7780127 03/21/20 02:32 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

When the death rate reaches the point where even the most essential work is not being done, either because there is no one to do it or workers fear leaving the the relative safety of their homes, the state of the economy will be an afterthought.

Why hasn’t that happened to China?

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: pegasaurus] #7780129 03/21/20 02:33 PM
glens Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by pegasaurus

rofl roflmao roflmao

Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7780133 03/21/20 02:35 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

Why hasn’t that happened to China?

I can only speculate the ability to keep people informed through technology that didn't exist in 1918 has made all the difference today. Commerical radio did not come along until the 1920's. Today's around-the-clock news cycle is no doubt playing a very positive role as well.

Also, WWI soldiers traveling between countries at a time when people could not be kept informed was the perfect storm for spreading the virus.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 03/21/20 02:45 PM.

Re: Got a tough question for yall, where do yall stand? [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7780139 03/21/20 02:40 PM
M
Marc K Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Are they tracking all the heart attacks, strokes and assaults that will occur because of this shut down? Doubt it.....

I do agree. There is a crossover point where the damage incurred by a shutdown exceeds the damage of the virus. I do not know where that point is, but it certainly exists.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide