Print Thread
Wyoming commissioner tags #7778849 03/20/20 04:25 PM
W
Wytex Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
W
Thought I would put this out there for you all.
Here is the list of commissioner licenses that are being either auctioned or raffles off for this year.
You must buy the license if you win the commissioner license but you get to pick your area and they are separate from the drawings and do not affect your PP.
Scroll down and look over the price and number of tickets sold, some decent odds to be found.

https://wgfapps.wyo.gov/commlicenses/commissionlicense.aspx?year=2020

Re: Wyoming commissioner tags [Re: Wytex] #7778865 03/20/20 04:44 PM
B
bp3 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
What game animals, doesn't say what your bidding on or on the raffles

Re: Wyoming commissioner tags [Re: bp3] #7779040 03/20/20 07:01 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by bp3
What game animals, doesn't say what your bidding on or on the raffles

That’s a reporting list of record of where the tags went too

Most have been auctioned already but still a few open. You have to go to the receivers website most likely.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Wyoming commissioner tags [Re: Wytex] #7779060 03/20/20 07:19 PM
W
Wytex Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
W
Sorry , due to regs in Texas I didn't know what all I could post.
The list is the organizations that were granted commissioner tags for either elk, deer or antelope licenses. If you win,or buy the license and you get to choose between the 3 species and any area you want to hunt. You still have to pay for the license but you get to choose your area.
If you look down the list there a few orgs. that are raffling chances at a license for $100 down to $50 a chance and the odds or number of tickets sold is posted. Some decent odds to be found if you look at the number of tickets offered.
Contact info is posted on the link to each license offered. Many are, and were auctioned but quite a few are raffled too.

Re: Wyoming commissioner tags [Re: Wytex] #7779065 03/20/20 07:24 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Wytex
Sorry , due to regs in Texas I didn't know what all I could post.
The list is the organizations that were granted commissioner tags for either elk, deer or antelope licenses. If you win,or buy the license and you get to choose between the 3 species and any area you want to hunt. You still have to pay for the license but you get to choose your area.
If you look down the list there a few orgs. that are raffling chances at a license for $100 down to $50 a chance and the odds or number of tickets sold is posted. Some decent odds to be found if you look at the number of tickets offered.
Contact info is posted on the link to each license offered. Many are, and were auctioned but quite a few are raffled too.

Still apply for super tags right now correct?

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Wyoming commissioner tags [Re: Wytex] #7779212 03/20/20 09:04 PM
W
wsjaxIV Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
I've never applied for out of state tags like this but have been interested for a while. So when I got to this website it appears that I'm looking at a list of raffles that are already over with and the winner's name appears in the box. He wants to sell the tag and that's what this is?

"The world is littered with the bodies of people that tried to stick it to ole J.R."

J.R. Ewing, 1981
Re: Wyoming commissioner tags [Re: Wytex] #7779254 03/20/20 09:41 PM
W
Wytex Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
W
Good grief, the list shows all the commissioner tags that are available for auction or raffle this year.
Some have already sold and been raffled , some are still open to buy tickets.
Some are only selling 250-300 total chances at the license so your odds would be 1 in 300 if you bought one raffle ticket in a 300 ticket drawing.
One org. is selling 250 tickets at $50 each so you could buy a few and have good odds at the drawing, we plan to do just that.
Each license has it's own drawing or auction.
The link at the bottom on each listing shows the price it sold for or when it was raffled and contact info if you want to buy tickets or bid.

Super tag raffle is now I believe too.

Every year the commission members are given so many licenses to donate to organizations. Each organization can auction or raffle their commissioners license. The winner has to buy the license but can choose either elk, deer or antelope and any area they want to hunt in.

Re: Wyoming commissioner tags [Re: wsjaxIV] #7781983 03/23/20 02:38 AM
F
Fitzwho Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
wsjaxIV,

If you’re interested in applying for out of state draw tags, look up some of my old posts. I have outlined this a few times.

I’m still trying to figure out the economics of starting a side gig as an app strategist, but I could help you out if you’re interested.

Permian_Skullworks on Instagram
Re: Wyoming commissioner tags [Re: wsjaxIV] #7781988 03/23/20 02:49 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by wsjaxIV
I've never applied for out of state tags like this but have been interested for a while. So when I got to this website it appears that I'm looking at a list of raffles that are already over with and the winner's name appears in the box. He wants to sell the tag and that's what this is?

No she is kindly giving you post draw options, nothing more nothing less.

WY game and fish has a pretty good website for how to apply for 2021

Re: Wyoming commissioner tags [Re: Wytex] #7782024 03/23/20 03:32 AM
W
Wytex Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
W
Deer and antelope deadline is not til June 1.
Some are talking that perhaps all this virus mess may open up some drawing odds to lower PP folks.

Might be a good year to apply for some tags even without any PP.

I sure hope this mess doesn't affect anyone's financial ability to apply for tags.
You all stay safe.

Some of those raffles listed may not sell out their tickets, some of their odds may make it worth while for some to buy.

Re: Wyoming commissioner tags [Re: Wytex] #7782050 03/23/20 04:12 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Wytex
Deer and antelope deadline is not til June 1.
Some are talking that perhaps all this virus mess may open up some drawing odds to lower PP folks.

Might be a good year to apply for some tags even without any PP.

I sure hope this mess doesn't affect anyone's financial ability to apply for tags.
You all stay safe.

Some of those raffles listed may not sell out their tickets, some of their odds may make it worth while for some to buy.

Yelp, a lot of times raffle odds are better then actual state draw odds

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide