Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Selling stock before a panic #7778627 03/20/20 01:34 PM
Mike W Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Looks like we have several senators who happened to dump millions worth of stock right before the panic.. insider trading would put you in prison. Let's see if the 2 tier justus system lets them walk.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California and three of her Senate colleagues sold off stocks worth millions of dollars in the days before the coronavirus outbreak crashed the market, according to reports.

The data is listed on a U.S. Senate website containing financial disclosures from Senate members.

Reports identified the three other senators as Richard Burr of North Carolina, Kelly Loeffler of Georgia and James Inhofe of Oklahoma, all Republicans.

Burr, chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, used more than 30 transactions to dump between $628,000 and $1.72 million on Feb. 13, according to ProPublica.

The report said the transactions involved a significant percentage of the senator’s holdings and took place about a week before the impact of the virus outbreak sent stock prices plunging to the point where gains made during President Trump’s term in office were largely erased.

Two more are listed in the article. So, they got out and left the public in the dark.. seems like some serious charges and resignations are in order.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/di...-stocks-before-coronavirus-crash-reports

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: Mike W] #7778632 03/20/20 01:36 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
You know nothing will be done to them.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: Mike W] #7778642 03/20/20 01:42 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
They sold Allogene between $21 and $22.9
Big deal, as the stock went to $28 and then crashed to $18
Its going back up nicely at $20,5
What an idiot, she prolly wished she still had the stock.
And to put majority of your fortune in one simple stock is idiotic. No wonder she panicked.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: Mike W] #7778643 03/20/20 01:44 PM
L
Lazyjack Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Just the first wave. How many CEOs step down or resigned recently?

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: Mike W] #7778644 03/20/20 01:44 PM
S
swampthang Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Yeah I saw that news blurb. If they had access to information the general public did not then yeah it would be classified as insider trading and they should be punished. However if they or their broker just had a feeling the market was about to tank because of the virus and got out before it did,well that was just smart. The people raking them over the coals are probably just jealous they weren't smart enough to bail before the market tanked.

Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: swampthang] #7778646 03/20/20 01:46 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by swampthang
Yeah I saw that news blurb. If they had access to information the general public did not then yeah it would be classified as insider trading and they should be punished. However if they or their broker just had a feeling the market was about to tank because of the virus and got out before it did,well that was just smart. The people raking them over the coals are probably just jealous they weren't smart enough to bail before the market tanked.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: swampthang] #7778650 03/20/20 01:47 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by swampthang

Well articulated.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: Mike W] #7778659 03/20/20 01:54 PM
Mike W Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
I can hear Gomer Pyle now.. "Ahh Gee wizz, those folks are just smarter than me". roflmao

Yeah, smarter because they have an inside track.

Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: Mike W] #7778663 03/20/20 02:00 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
If anyone that pays any attention to world news did not know what was coming you're an idiot simple as that.

The Thursday before the big stock crash I was already stocked up on food cleaning supplies ammo etc all inventory had been taken. Stevie Wonder saw this coming.

Last edited by ducknbass; 03/20/20 02:01 PM.
Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: ducknbass] #7778675 03/20/20 02:08 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by ducknbass
If anyone that pays any attention to world news did not know what was coming you're an idiot simple as that.

The Thursday before the big stock crash I was already stocked up on food cleaning supplies ammo etc all inventory had been taken. Stevie Wonder saw this coming.

Ray Charles as well.
And people still comparing this to the flu and living in yesteryears. Lmao.

Last edited by beaversnipe; 03/20/20 02:08 PM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: Mike W] #7778705 03/20/20 02:37 PM
T
TLew Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
T
It is similar to influenza, whether you want to admit it or not. Is it the same? No.

Nothing will happen to these folks because it couldn't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that they acted on inside information unless you could correlate all of the sales happening within the same timeframe (e.g. 2 hours) attributable to a closed door meeting.

The bigger problem I have with the opening post and the media in general is that we pick and choose who we want to call out based upon which side of the aisle someone sits on. 90% of politicians are rowing in the same boat on the same stream of fecal matter.

Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: ducknbass] #7778713 03/20/20 02:41 PM
W
Walkabout Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
W
Originally Posted by ducknbass

LoL here’s your pat on the back, ya did good.

Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: Mike W] #7778720 03/20/20 02:46 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
IMO nothing illegal to charge them with......

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 03/20/20 02:48 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: TLew] #7778724 03/20/20 02:49 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by TLew
It is similar to influenza, whether you want to admit it or not. Is it the same? No.

Nothing will happen to these folks because it couldn't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that they acted on inside information unless you could correlate all of the sales happening within the same timeframe (e.g. 2 hours) attributable to a closed door meeting.

The bigger problem I have with the opening post and the media in general is that we pick and choose who we want to call out based upon which side of the aisle someone sits on. 90% of politicians are rowing in the same boat on the same stream of fecal matter.

I concur.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: Mike W] #7778739 03/20/20 02:57 PM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Even without the info the politicians had, I was getting the spider tingles at 29,000 on the Dow, so I went ahead and did my RMD’s. Considered selling more into cash, but decided against it. Obviously I should have.

So I don’t see that selling the politicians did as insider trading, but more a personal decision based on available info in the market. Even before the Coronavirus I was expecting a downward slide, but decided to just let it ride, thinking the slide would be relatively short lived. Ok, so I blew that one...

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: TLew] #7778741 03/20/20 02:57 PM
Mike W Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
The bigger problem I have with the opening post and the media in general is that we pick and choose who we want to call out based upon which side of the aisle someone sits on.

Actually, it was 1 democrat and 3 republicans. Just for clarification.

Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: Mike W] #7778750 03/20/20 03:04 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Mike W
The bigger problem I have with the opening post and the media in general is that we pick and choose who we want to call out based upon which side of the aisle someone sits on.

For the record, they are reporting both sides of the aisle......

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: Mike W] #7778751 03/20/20 03:05 PM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
3 of’em will be in trouble roflmao

🍻
Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: 6InARowMakeItGo] #7778754 03/20/20 03:06 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Thundervee
3 of’em will be in trouble roflmao

Definitely the current trend with the media...

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7778779 03/20/20 03:23 PM
T
TLew Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
Originally Posted by Mike W

For the record, they are reporting both sides of the aisle......

I concur as well (had to use your word choice hah!). That said, it's kind of like the fine print at the end of a document or advertisement -- we choose to call out the other side first in big letters, then we quickly run pass the ones we side with. They're all worthless

Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: Mike W] #7778780 03/20/20 03:31 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
People just refusing to realize that we are going straight to a depression, forget recession. We wont even have a recession.

The coronavirus crisis is likely to result in layoffs on a scale that the U.S. has never seen before.
Economists expect April to be the first reporting month when the damage starts to show up.
Forecasts for that month range from 500,000 to 5 million.
The worst month during the financial crisis saw nonfarm payrolls decrease by 800,000.
Weekly jobless claims numbers are expected to be so bad that the White House has reportedly asked state officials to delay releasing precise counts.
When the damage the coronavirus inflicts on the U.S. jobs market becomes clearer, it could be unlike anything the country has ever seen.

Judging by numerous forecasts from economists, the avalanche of furloughs will easily break the record for most in a single month.

Upcoming weekly jobless claims will shatter the standards set even during the worst points of the financial crisis and the early-1980s recession, with Bank of America forecasting a total of 3 million when the number is released Thursday. Those figures are expected to be so bad, in fact, that the Trump administration, according to several media reports, has asked state officials to delay releasing precise counts.

While the headline unemployment rate is highly unlikely to approach the 24.9% during the Great Depression, it very well could be the highest in almost 40 years, something unthinkable for a jobs market that had been on fire as recently as February.

Last edited by beaversnipe; 03/20/20 03:34 PM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: beaversnipe] #7778790 03/20/20 03:40 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
People just refusing to realize that we are going straight to a depression, forget recession. We wont even have a recession.

The coronavirus crisis is likely to result in layoffs on a scale that the U.S. has never seen before.
Economists expect April to be the first reporting month when the damage starts to show up.
The worst month during the financial crisis saw nonfarm payrolls decrease by 800,000.
Weekly jobless claims numbers are expected to be so bad that the White House has reportedly asked state officials to delay releasing precise counts.
When the damage the coronavirus inflicts on the U.S. jobs market becomes clearer, it could be unlike anything the country has ever seen.

Judging by numerous forecasts from economists, the avalanche of furloughs will easily break the record for most in a single month.

Upcoming weekly jobless claims will shatter the standards set even during the worst points of the financial crisis and the early-1980s recession, with Bank of America forecasting a total of 3 million when the number is released Thursday. Those figures are expected to be so bad, in fact, that the Trump administration, according to several media reports, has asked state officials to delay releasing precise counts.

While the headline unemployment rate is highly unlikely to approach the 24.9% during the Great Depression, it very well could be the highest in almost 40 years, something unthinkable for a jobs market that had been on fire as recently as February.

April is going to be beyond Brutal. No question. but once we get through the virus, which should only be a few months, the economy will bounce back pretty good. Will it be all the way back up to where we left off? I doubt it. But I don't think we will find ourselves in a long term depression.

Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: Mike W] #7778803 03/20/20 03:47 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I hope you are right, since this virus has killed chinese for 5 months now, and i do not believe their figures whatsoever.
Did you see them all work out and dance yesterday, a huge communist propaganda on tv that everything is fine and no new dead people. I call that bs. Compare that with italy and now spain.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: beaversnipe] #7778804 03/20/20 03:47 PM
S
swampthang Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by beaversnipe

Nice copy and paste work.

Re: Selling stock before a panic [Re: Mike W] #7778808 03/20/20 03:49 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Sure, it came from cnbc
Cnbc wont make you able to copy the link.
Me a cul pa
Wait, i tried something different, perhaps this link will work.
The upcoming job losses will be unlike anything the US has ever seen
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/20/the-upcoming-job-losses-will-be-unlike-anything-the-us-has-ever-seen.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.Message

Last edited by beaversnipe; 03/20/20 03:53 PM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide