Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Deal Alert on RTIC #7776993 03/19/20 01:59 AM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
$183.00 delivered in 2-3 days, 65 qt. See the RTIC site, prices dropped. I've had a couple of yeti's. They're great no doubt. But dang, this is about 1/2 the price and actually larger.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7777085 03/19/20 03:30 AM
S
Scott W Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
On their website? I don’t need a cooler but that’s the perfect size for me.

(Oops, I see where you said it’s on their site)

Last edited by Scott W; 03/19/20 03:31 AM.

Originally Posted by Scott W
Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7777142 03/19/20 05:54 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Just remember, rtic and yeti are made in China.
And rtic's customer service is non existent.
Just something to ponder before saving a buck

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: KWood_TSU] #7777224 03/19/20 12:08 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by KWood_TSU

Thanks for the heads up on RTIC customer service.

Before I ordered, I replied to a message I received from a Bison dealer. He had reached out to me wanting to sell me a Bison cooler. I was wanting a price before I ordered form RTIC. I have yet to hear back from him.

I placed my order with RTIC, and their customer service hit me back immediately, shipped same day and I'll have it tomorrow.

Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: KWood_TSU] #7777246 03/19/20 12:33 PM
T
TEXASLEFTY Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
T

I agree with this statement.

Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey
Never been to a camping world. I prefer Dick's to be honest.
Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: KWood_TSU] #7777316 03/19/20 01:33 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H

If that's the case it's worth the 10 minute drive to leave it in the middle of their store, I also haven't had any issues yet.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7777330 03/19/20 01:39 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
One thing to consider before jumping on some 'deals', if this drags out a few weeks, the deals could get much, much better. I agree this is a pretty nice deal, though.

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coolers/roto-molded/RTIC-65-Grey

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7777336 03/19/20 01:44 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson

Before I ordered, I replied to a message I received from a Bison dealer. He had reached out to me wanting to sell me a Bison cooler. I was wanting a price before I ordered form RTIC. I have yet to hear back from him.

I placed my order with RTIC, and their customer service hit me back immediately, shipped same day and I'll have it tomorrow.

That was a bison dealer, not directly bison, you said it yourself.
Also, bisons price is on their website, if you call them to order, I've been told they'll occasionally drop 5% on the price. It's not much, but it's a few bucks for sure.

I should of phrased that a little better too, I apologize.
If you have problems with your rtic cooler, the customer service is non existent.
A latch breaks, drain plug leaks rtic will say buy a replacement if they even respond to you. Bison will ship you a new one on them.
I'm not trying to start a debate, it's in a lot of the rtic reviews and close friend encounters about their customer service.

Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: KWood_TSU] #7777395 03/19/20 02:33 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Also, bisons price is on their website, if you call them to order, I've been told they'll occasionally drop 5% on the price. It's not much, but it's a few bucks for sure.

If you have problems with your rtic cooler, the customer service is non existent.
A latch breaks, drain plug leaks rtic will say buy a replacement if they even respond to you. Bison will ship you a new one on them.
I'm not trying to start a debate, it's in a lot of the rtic reviews and close friend encounters about their customer service.

Me either on the debate, but as you provided your input on my post, I provided my first hand experience. I saw the price on the Bison site, and for that $ I would have bought a Yeti, like I had done in the past. The dealer had reached out to me, stating he could offer me a "deal", so I replied and still haven't heard back. Sounds like you have a few close friends that have RTIC that have had problems. Could you give some details? Stating that a company has non existent service in the event of a problem is a pretty hard slam. Thanks again for your input.

Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7777437 03/19/20 03:11 PM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Just an FYI for those needing to understand the size of an RTIC 65. It will hold roughly 5 catfish in the 4-5 lbs range with one bag of ice

Tough coolers and holds ice equally to my Coleman Extreme

Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7777441 03/19/20 03:15 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Do they come with a free hernia repair kit after loading in the truck

Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7777662 03/19/20 05:31 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
That stinks the dealer didn't get back to you.
And for what it's worth, a yeti or rtic 65 is the same size as a bison 50.

Spend 5 minutes on Google and you'll see all the rtic reviews of them not honoring their warranty etc.
The way the latches work they will rot and bust is their biggest problem in aware of.
I understand all companies will have some bad reviews, but it's repetitive with them.

You don't buy bison because of the price, you buy bison for the superior product, customer service, and supporting a company that does everything in their power to keep jobs in America.
Bison's tumblers are made in China, but only bc the isn't a single stainless steel plant in America that can make the 18/8 tumblers.

Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7777691 03/19/20 05:50 PM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Offline
duck & cover
duck & cover

Me either on the debate, but as you provided your input on my post, I provided my first hand experience. I saw the price on the Bison site, and for that $ I would have bought a Yeti, like I had done in the past. The dealer had reached out to me, stating he could offer me a "deal", so I replied and still haven't heard back. Sounds like you have a few close friends that have RTIC that have had problems. Could you give some details? Stating that a company has non existent service in the event of a problem is a pretty hard slam. Thanks again for your input.

We sold Engel coolers for several years, but I was buying through a wholesaler. I can't afford their minimum, or I would have stayed with them. RTIC has been great for us. As for customer service, what I really like about RTIC, is that I have only called once, in several years of ownership and sales, and they sent me a new lid for that cup next day. The best thing about customer service, is when you never need it.

I know several have ties to Bison, I am not knocking any of their products, just reporting first hand over the last 10-12 years.

Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7777752 03/19/20 06:28 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
@KWood-TSU, The number one selling vehicle in America has tons of negative reviews, the F150. I bought one of those also. I do my research and consider the size of the sample relative to the reviews. I don't let negative reviews alone make my decision. However, I do listen when a company bashes their competition in a subjective manner. I don't buy from the company doing the bashing.

Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7777811 03/19/20 07:20 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
@KWood-TSU, The number one selling vehicle in America has tons of negative reviews, the F150. I bought one of those also. I do my research and consider the size of the sample relative to the reviews. I don't let negative reviews alone make my decision. However, I do listen when a company bashes their competition in a subjective manner. I don't buy from the company doing the bashing.

You do you, I'll continue to support an American made company. BTW, I wasn't bashing, just stating facts, and I'm not a company, just brand loyal because I do my research and want my money staying here if I can help it.

This is just a friendly PSA too about Rtic. When they first opened their doors, they knew they were going to get sued by Yeti on patent infringement, and had a gen 2 cooler ready to go. That's why they recovered so quick after settling with Yeti where they had to pay.
Good for the brothers for making money, that's the american dream right, but that's pretty crappy to straight up steal someones design and call it yours.

Also, Rtic has had people file to the BBB about them not withholding their warranty. I'm not bashing rtic's products, they're good, but if you have a problem with it, good luck it's strictly hit or miss, and from what i hear and see, it's a miss. I simply don't like the company, or the way they do business. So,it's not about negative reviews, it's about not supporting a company because they only care about making themselves rich.

Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7777871 03/19/20 08:00 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
You are bashing them, and also said you didn't want to debate it, but continue to respond, debating it. I think what you meant to say is that you didn't want anyone to disagree with you. Until you buy 100% American, don't lecture me on that. It's a bet that I would make that Bison sources foreign goods in their plant. You obviously have a link to Bison on your signature line, so I'm curious why it is Bison that you have chosen to promote, and not another Made in America company?

Keep responding, and promoting the great deal I found on the RTIC product.

Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7777896 03/19/20 08:19 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Pimping coolers in your sig line while bashing other brands... changes zero minds

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7777899 03/19/20 08:21 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
You are bashing them, and also said you didn't want to debate it, but continue to respond, debating it. I think what you meant to say is that you didn't want anyone to disagree with you. Until you buy 100% American, don't lecture me on that. It's a bet that I would make that Bison sources foreign goods in their plant. You obviously have a link to Bison on your signature line, so I'm curious why it is Bison that you have chosen to promote, and not another Made in America company?

I already said I try to buy American if I can help it. It's impossible to buy 100% American, so get off your high horse.

Bison does not source foreign goods either on their hard coolers. If you read, you'll se that I said they do everything they can to keep it in America.

I honestly don't remember why I chose Bison, but back then it was brute and not bison. I think they were one of the very first competitors to yeti. I stuck with them because unfortunately I've had to use their warranty and it's always been no questions asked.

I knew yeti was overpriced so wouldn't support them, and now almost all of their stuff is china made. Yeti and rtic are still made in the same plant too from what I'm aware. I personally know a guy that ordered a case of rtic tumblers and half of the bottoms were stamped yeti.

But Good for you, you saved money, I just commented that rtic is China made and they generally don't care about their customers as a fact, not bashing.
I'll say it again for you, if you try to support American made when you can, buy bison.

Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7777901 03/19/20 08:22 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

Bison doesn’t have their own plant, they outsource it, they are just a design and drop shipper. IF you want an America made cooler that owns their MFG process check out Grizzly.

Last edited by BOBO the Clown; 03/19/20 08:22 PM.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7777903 03/19/20 08:22 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Pimping coolers in your sig line while bashing other brands... changes zero minds

I wasted so many words on this guy. You nailed it in one line. I'm off grid for the next three days.

Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7777927 03/19/20 08:41 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Bison doesn’t have their own plant, they outsource it, they are just a design and drop shipper. IF you want an America made cooler that owns their MFG process check out Grizzly.

https://www.bisoncoolers.com/blogs/news/what-we-mean-when-we-say-bison-coolers-are-made-in-america

Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7778166 03/19/20 11:50 PM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
If one wants the best cooler that is made in the USA you need to look at Orion.
Best cooler period actually

Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7779296 03/20/20 10:18 PM
R
Revoman Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Bought one of the 65's last year when they had a big sale on them. Excellent box

Call'm an Kill'm
Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7779441 03/21/20 12:00 AM
J
Jman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Bison is all we buy in this house.

I'll spend my money elsewhere other than anything made in China even if it costs a few extra bucks.

Jim Featherston
Mortgage Loan Officer - NMLS 2509901
Red Diamond Home Loans
165 S Kimball Ave, Suite 100
Southlake, TX 76092
PH 972-890-3114
Apply at: RDHLoans.com/Jim
Re: Deal Alert on RTIC [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7781405 03/22/20 06:54 PM
W
wp75169 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
W
Used a RTIC and Grizzly 20q side by side many times. The Grizzly literally holds ice twice as long. They both held ice longer than I needed though. My big Pelican outperforms anything I’ve saw, but it’s also 5-10 pounds heavier than any of it’s competitors and Pelican later redesigned them to be much lighter. As far as warranty, Pelican is awesome. I broke a latch, they offered to send a free part to replace it and wanted to know how I broke the latch so they could see if they had an issue. I told them I got drunk and kicked it, they laughed, I laughed, they sent me a latch.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide