Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A teachable moment. #7758628 02/28/20 01:44 PM
HWY_MAN Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Reading today's headlines and seen an interesting article. A shortage of a certain drug used in the US, due to the virus impact on China. Is this just the start? Have we have allowed ourselves to be dependent on other countries to supply our own needs to the point we've become vulnerable and weak. Giving any country that much control is foolish.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: A teachable moment. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7758636 02/28/20 01:47 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
Reading today's headlines and seen an interesting article. A shortage of a certain drug used in the US, due to the virus impact on China. Is this just the start? Have we have allowed ourselves to be dependent on other countries to supply our own needs to the point we've become vulnerable and weak. Giving any country that much control is foolish.

I heard a report earlier this week that stated much of our nation's pharmaceutical supply comes from China. The same logic is why we need strong domestic support for our nation's firearm and ammo makers.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: A teachable moment. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7758638 02/28/20 01:49 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
But, a global society is the ultimate success. We are all one. Let us all suffer together.
How dare you suggest we be isolated and selfish by just taking care of America.
No borders for people or diseases. We are all in this together.

Right?

Proverbs 2
Re: A teachable moment. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7758640 02/28/20 01:50 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Only Pfizer prescriptions for me.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: A teachable moment. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7758644 02/28/20 01:51 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
All you right wingers and your insistence on making America great.

Re: A teachable moment. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7758645 02/28/20 01:52 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Hey if us based producers didn't stick it to us we probably wouldn't go looking to china.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: A teachable moment. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7758650 02/28/20 01:56 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
"All you right wingers and your insistence on making America great." - Is there something wrong with this sentiment? Should any people here in the states want to make America horrible?

Re: A teachable moment. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7758697 02/28/20 02:54 PM
D
DannyB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

The reports have varied this week on the percentage of meds from China, whether med components or the finished product. Around 80% may be the average of these reports.

If China doesn't get the pipeline back open then it stands to reason that numerous other illnesses or health conditions could be more deadly than the virus. Where is insulin made? What about blood pressure/blood thinner medicines? It has already been reported that most of the antibiotics are from there.

Re: A teachable moment. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7758703 02/28/20 03:03 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Clowns to the left of me and jokers to the right. Here I am stuck in the middle with you.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: A teachable moment. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7758712 02/28/20 03:07 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Our politico's have spent the last 50 years selling this country out to the highest bidder.

Listen closely.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: A teachable moment. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7758838 02/28/20 05:30 PM
D
Dry Fire Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Funny how a virus starts in the same country that produces 80% of our antibiotics.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: A teachable moment. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7758846 02/28/20 05:41 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

yes its a teachable moment , exposing moment. The past administrations (bushs,clintons,obamas- no difference)were taking down the US and propping up china and the worlds super power. America is and was the last thing standing infront of their NWO, global domination.

[Linked Image]
Re: A teachable moment. [Re: redchevy] #7758860 02/28/20 06:15 PM
O
Old Rabbit Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
O
Originally Posted by redchevy
Hey if us based producers didn't stick it to us we probably wouldn't go looking to china.

I agree with you to a point, that point is even with them being made in China they are still gouging us. We loose both ways.

Re: A teachable moment. [Re: Hudbone] #7758861 02/28/20 06:15 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Hudbone
"All you right wingers and your insistence on making America great." - Is there something wrong with this sentiment? Should any people here in the states want to make America horrible?

I know it's odd right?

Re: A teachable moment. [Re: Old Rabbit] #7758898 02/28/20 07:03 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Old Rabbit
Originally Posted by redchevy

I agree with you to a point, that point is even with them being made in China they are still gouging us. We loose both ways.

I guess china is gouging us with a mesquite thorn and the US producers are gouging us with a round bale spear?

It's hell eatin em live
Re: A teachable moment. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7758998 02/28/20 08:30 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
The manufacturers went to the cheapest source for production to maximize profits. That is the American way.

Pfizer as previous mentioned is an international company.
Pfizer has major manufacturing facilities in Belgium, China, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore, and the US. In all, it operates some 60 plants around the world. The company sells its products in more than 125 countries globally.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: A teachable moment. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7759014 02/28/20 08:48 PM
O
Ox190 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
O

You can thank the Democrats for backing unions and inflating the cost of labor for companies to have to move manufacturing overseas. The Teamsters are a joke.

"There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre." Louis L'Amour
Re: A teachable moment. [Re: Ox190] #7759032 02/28/20 09:10 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Ox190

You can thank the Democrats for backing unions and inflating the cost of labor for companies to have to move manufacturing overseas. The Teamsters are a joke.

popcorn

Me waiting on lefty.

Re: A teachable moment. [Re: dogcatcher] #7759045 02/28/20 09:24 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
The manufacturers went to the cheapest source for production to maximize profits. That is the American way.

Pfizer has major manufacturing facilities in Belgium, China, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore, and the US. In all, it operates some 60 plants around the world. The company sells its products in more than 125 countries globally.

I think we quickly forget all the RED TAPE that was put in place that made these American companies look to other places out of the country. Hell yeah they went to china, they were getting penalized to do business in America.

[Linked Image]
Re: A teachable moment. [Re: Tin Head] #7759056 02/28/20 09:39 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Tin Head
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

I think we quickly forget all the RED TAPE that was put in place that made these American companies look to other places out of the country. Hell yeah they went to china, they were getting penalized to do business in America.

Plus taxed to death....they were forced overseas....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: A teachable moment. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7759294 02/29/20 01:31 AM
W
Wilhunt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Supply and demand will take care of the shortage. Enough demand and more dollars will solve many problems.

Re: A teachable moment. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7759311 02/29/20 01:49 AM
B
brokenpole Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B

Yes

Re: A teachable moment. [Re: brokenpole] #7759356 02/29/20 02:39 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by brokenpole

Yes

President Trump has been eliminating overburdensome regulations and lowering taxes to entice manufacturing back to America....hopefully this is a wake-up call. He (and the rest of the republicans) should be screaming at the top of their lungs about the risk of not having a secure infrastructure (manufacturing base) to take care of ourselves. Our dominate manufacturing base post WW-II made us the superpower we still are....although somewhat diminished over the years....yet we are one of the most benevolent societies ever to exist on this earth...

We don't conquer nations or territories....we liberate peoples....

We send trillions of dollars in aid around the world and when there is an international crisis....tsunami or earthquake in some remote location it is the US that goes to help....

We are a noble society founded on noble ideals of individual liberty....we need to take back what has been lost over the last 150 years...

The government should answer to us, the people, not the other way around. I believe President Trump is truly trying to reverse this path (drain the swamp) we've been on for way too long.

We need a second revolution to take back our rights and civil liberties....and it doesn't necessarily have to be fought with guns, but I'm OK if it does.

People like Hillary, Comey, Struck, Page, etc. need to be held to account for their crimes against our constitution....

IMHO that's the teachable moment....2cents

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: A teachable moment. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7759525 02/29/20 02:06 PM
L
Lazyjack Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Snakewrangler, if I may add this item about foreign aid.

Under the disguise of benevolence. Our tax dollars, forcibly taken from our paychecks, are funneled to aid packages in exchange for polical support. Political support as campaign contributions, created employment, partisan favors and 501C non government organizations.

I am not saying all is wasted funds. But, in many cases, the foxes are guarding the hen house.

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: A teachable moment. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7759598 02/29/20 03:31 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I believe we can thank Hillary for drug prices and drug manufacturers moving off shore. She did that during Bill’s presidency.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide