Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: Texas buckeye] #7754354 02/23/20 07:49 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
You guys are confusing sex and gender. Two different concepts. One, sex, is determined by X and Y and it’s variations and combinations. Gender is a very different thing, contributed by sex but not fully explainable by simply X and Y, as we all know very feminine acting males and masculine acting females and this has nothing to do with sexual orientation nor actual sex identity.

I say this only to explain this is a lot deeper than you guys are making it seem. Gender and sex identity are very different. Until you understand that, any arguments you make are pointless and thrown away by anyone as simply ignorant of the topic.

Okay, good..... thought I was going crazy. I think the word gender automatically trigger them, and sidetracked them to a different topic.

Ever since I work at the hospital 26 years ago the human brain, and the way it works has intrigued me. Taking patients for CTs, MRIs, and EEGs. After seeing the many different ways strokes can effect the body, and how each hemisphere of the brain controls the opposite side of the body, I've was hooked. I think that magazine is probably right up my alley. The human brain is an awesome creation.

Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7754358 02/23/20 07:56 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Ok gender is as much societal as it is genetic. We all recognize most cultures say the man needs to be the hunter-gatherer for the family unit, and this has passed down to societies today, but increasingly we see males stay home while the female takes that role because she has higher earning potential. Is this an abomination or satanic?
We see a lot of men that really care how they look and we call them metrosexual, men that dye their hair and care about appearance, despite being fully male, but taking that aspect from a typical female gender identity, are these folks abominations and satanic?

There is a wide range of gender role/identity that I has nothing to do with sexuality, has nothing to do with being a tranny or cross dresser. You guys are making the leap based on a headline to say that anyone who has some cross gender identity is a homosexual or abomination, and I am just saying that isn’t the case at all. Far from it. That’s what I am trying to say here.

The other thing that needs addressed is anyone who posts anything about being a Christian and then turns around and blanket statements a group of people are abominations or satanic, needs a personal check. A person can be a christin and guilty of whatever sin they want, but as long as they aren’t acting or living in that sin they are trying to be more Christ like, then they are ok by me. I don’t see the same kinds of comments about adultery, gluttony, drinking to excess, greed, pride, racism, etc....to call a certain sin an abomination and satanic is pretty much calling everyone the same, and I choose to believe we are all redeemable and loved by God until our final judgement (which is none of ours to do). As Christians we need to be better than that.

Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7754366 02/23/20 08:10 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
So does this mean that being a trans-gender homosexual is the same as being straight? I mean, it's entirely possible given some of the definitions being thrown around here.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 02/23/20 08:11 PM.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: Texas Dan] #7754367 02/23/20 08:11 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
So does this mean that being a trans-gender homosexual is the same as being straight?

In what regard?

Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: ducknbass] #7754394 02/23/20 08:49 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Hancock for the win....absolutely brilliant... rofl

Originally Posted by ducknbass
The idea that a boy thinks he is a girl is no less absurd than a deathly skinny woman that thinks she's fat. But it's also not any less untrue.

As a society we treat one as it should be treated with compassion and treatment. The other some are encouraging the mental illness.

How about we respond to both with truth for a change instead of feeding their delusions so as not to hurt their feelings.... 2cents

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: Texas buckeye] #7754443 02/23/20 09:47 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Ok gender is as much societal as it is genetic. We all recognize most cultures say the man needs to be the hunter-gatherer for the family unit, and this has passed down to societies today, but increasingly we see males stay home while the female takes that role because she has higher earning potential. Is this an abomination or satanic?
We see a lot of men that really care how they look and we call them metrosexual, men that dye their hair and care about appearance, despite being fully male, but taking that aspect from a typical female gender identity, are these folks abominations and satanic?

There is a wide range of gender role/identity that I has nothing to do with sexuality, has nothing to do with being a tranny or cross dresser. You guys are making the leap based on a headline to say that anyone who has some cross gender identity is a homosexual or abomination, and I am just saying that isn’t the case at all. Far from it. That’s what I am trying to say here.

The other thing that needs addressed is anyone who posts anything about being a Christian and then turns around and blanket statements a group of people are abominations or satanic, needs a personal check. A person can be a christin and guilty of whatever sin they want, but as long as they aren’t acting or living in that sin they are trying to be more Christ like, then they are ok by me. I don’t see the same kinds of comments about adultery, gluttony, drinking to excess, greed, pride, racism, etc....to call a certain sin an abomination and satanic is pretty much calling everyone the same, and I choose to believe we are all redeemable and loved by God until our final judgement (which is none of ours to do). As Christians we need to be better than that.

the way I see it is there have always been gays and trannies . Live and let live. I am talking about where the societal trans agenda push is coming from. Most gays and trans have no clue the are being used for a bigger agenda, some embrace it. Dont confuse that with what these folks at the top worship and push. I am simply saying where the big push for all this is coming from. In fact these occultist do not want to trans their kids,just blur the lines. They want something along the lines of androgyns and not trannies . So again , Im talking on whats behind the big blurred lines push. You know like drag queen story hour to toddlers and drag queen story hour on sesame street. These celebrities and "elite" have clearly shown with their symbolism who and what they worship.

Heres something thats in the news today. I guess its just a conspiracy because its just "art"

Disney to Feature First LGBTQ Character in Movie ‘Onward’

https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...first-lesbian-character-in-movie-onward/

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: Tin Head] #7754473 02/23/20 10:30 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Tin Head
the way I see it is there have always been gays and trannies

This is true and points to the fact that if these behaviors had a place of value in society we wouldn't be having this debate today. The behaviors would have long since earned their acceptance. Human behaviors that bring no value to society and create a negative impact are sure to be thrown back onto the cultural trash heap. If only future generations wouldn't drag them off the trash heap and try again to make them acceptable.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 02/23/20 11:30 PM.

Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: Texas Dan] #7754562 02/24/20 12:40 AM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Tin Head
the way I see it is there have always been gays and trannies

This is true and points to the fact that if these behaviors had a place of value in society we wouldn't be having this debate today. The behaviors would have long since earned their acceptance. Human behaviors that bring no value to society and create a negative impact are sure to be thrown back onto the cultural trash heap. If only future generations wouldn't drag them off and try again to make them acceptable.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 02/24/20 12:42 AM.

Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7754840 02/24/20 12:26 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
"This is true and points to the fact that if these behaviors had a place of value in society we wouldn't be having this debate today. The behaviors would have long since earned their acceptance. Human behaviors that bring no value to society and create a negative impact are sure to be thrown back onto the cultural trash heap. If only future generations wouldn't drag them off the trash heap and try again to make them acceptable."

Couldn't agree more TD. Societal and religious norms & mores are developed for a reason. Most often they are developed in such a fashion as to achieve a smoother running society.

There have always been gays - true. There have always been trannies - false. Cross dressers maybe, but trannies no. Trannies compose a statistically insignificant portion of our population and yet, we are force fed an agenda that should not be in the forefront. Thinking about cutting off your wanker? Maybe counseling would be better than a surgeon. Oh no, these confused people no longer need counseling because everything is acceptable. Geez . . . ..

Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: NORML as can be] #7754841 02/24/20 12:28 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by NORML as can be
Bird cage liner.

Just like their person of the year hammer

texas flag

Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7754969 02/24/20 03:05 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
So I was at a store, and this is the table of contents. Not exactly what most of yall thought it was about. I think it was a part of a series they ran, because I also saw one titled the science of weight loss, and another the science of sleep. Disclaimer, I didn't read though the whole thing because I was working.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: Texas buckeye] #7755006 02/24/20 03:42 PM
F
Frenzy Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
You guys are confusing sex and gender. Two different concepts. One, sex, is determined by X and Y and it’s variations and combinations. Gender is a very different thing, contributed by sex but not fully explainable by simply X and Y, as we all know very feminine acting males and masculine acting females and this has nothing to do with sexual orientation nor actual sex identity.

I say this only to explain this is a lot deeper than you guys are making it seem. Gender and sex identity are very different. Until you understand that, any arguments you make are pointless and thrown away by anyone as simply ignorant of the topic.

I'm fine with identifying a feminine acting male as a man with womanly tendencies or a masculine female as a butch female. There are alpha men, beta men, and a whole bunch of other "identifiers." I will never say that a feminine acting male IS a female or that a butch/manly female IS a man, because that's a lie. To say someone else is ignorant for not participating in someone else's delusions is the real ignorance.

Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: Frenzy] #7755035 02/24/20 03:58 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Frenzy

I'm fine with identifying a feminine acting male as a man with womanly tendencies or a masculine female as a butch female. There are alpha men, beta men, and a whole bunch of other "identifiers." I will never say that a feminine acting male IS a female or that a butch/manly female IS a man, because that's a lie. To say someone else is ignorant for not participating in someone else's delusions is the real ignorance.

Just to be clear, not one person on this thread has read the article posted on the OP and not one person said this topic was about trannies or cross dressers or people with gender identity issues and no one ever stated this thread was about people trying to identify as a man when they are in fact female or vice versa. Many have read that into their comments without specifically stating it, and I saw a bunch of early posts about how it is all simply X, Y, and chromosomal....I made a post saying gender was much more than that, to which no one has refuted nor bothered to look up anything more about gender, and still the post revolves around the “supposed” time magazine article that no one has read about trannies, cross dressers, and sex changes and how society as a whole is trying to thrust a delusion on us.

People, either read the article and post some stuff that is in it about how time is pushing an agenda, or at least look at the topics SA posted and go through them, or re-brand the thread to be about trannies, cross dressers and folks looking for sex changes, but until you do that, I will continue to assume the article and the discussion is about gender and that’s it....I am not trying to say we need to assimilate trannies and folks wanting a sex change into our normal lives, nor am I sayin they are just normal people who have a no issues.....so if you want a thread about that, then start one or change this one to specifically stare such.

Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7755082 02/24/20 04:28 PM
F
Frenzy Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
Just to be clear, not one person on this thread has read the article posted on the OP and not one person said this topic was about trannies or cross dressers or people with gender identity issues and no one ever stated this thread was about people trying to identify as a man when they are in fact female or vice versa. Many have read that into their comments without specifically stating it, and I saw a bunch of early posts about how it is all simply X, Y, and chromosomal....I made a post saying gender was much more than that, to which no one has refuted nor bothered to look up anything more about gender, and still the post revolves around the “supposed” time magazine article that no one has read about trannies, cross dressers, and sex changes and how society as a whole is trying to thrust a delusion on us.

People, either read the article and post some stuff that is in it about how time is pushing an agenda, or at least look at the topics SA posted and go through them, or re-brand the thread to be about trannies, cross dressers and folks looking for sex changes, but until you do that, I will continue to assume the article and the discussion is about gender and that’s it....I am not trying to say we need to assimilate trannies and folks wanting a sex change into our normal lives, nor am I sayin they are just normal people who have a no issues.....so if you want a thread about that, then start one or change this one to specifically stare such.

In almost every case when the topic of "gender" is being discussed, it's usually in relation to LGBTQ and those who "identify" as the opposite sex. So it's pretty safe to assume that is the baseline/starting point of almost any "gender" topic.....especially on a conservative hunting forum. If you want to make a "gender" discussion about something else, perhaps you should start the thread?

Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7755085 02/24/20 04:29 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
We all get bombarded enough as it is with PC BS. Don't blame us for stopping at a headline when making a call.

Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: Frenzy] #7755092 02/24/20 04:30 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Frenzy

In almost every case when the topic of "gender" is being discussed, it's usually in relation to LGBTQ and those who "identify" as the opposite sex. So it's pretty safe to assume that is the baseline/starting point of almost any "gender" topic.....especially on a conservative hunting forum. If you want to make a "gender" discussion about something else, perhaps you should start the thread?

I've come to realize this forum doesn't like science.

Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7755099 02/24/20 04:38 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Title of thread: hunting in Texas

Real meaning behind the thread: discussing and bashing the small high fence operations and the way they pen deer until the day they are to be shot then released right before the hunter goes out

Title of thread: science of gender

Real meaning behind the thread: let’s discuss our feelings on trannies, cross dressers, and people that want or have had sex changes

Only on the THF confused2 bang

Last edited by Texas buckeye; 02/24/20 04:40 PM.
Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: Texas buckeye] #7755104 02/24/20 04:43 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Title of thread: hunting in Texas

Real meaning behind the thread: discussing and bashing the small high fence operations and the way they pen deer until the day they are to be shot then released right before the hunter goes out

Title of thread: science of gender

Real meaning behind the thread: let’s discuss our feelings on trannies, cross dressers, and people that want or have had sex changes

Only on the THF confused2 bang

Whatever you do DON'T look at the climate change thread. It went sideways, and quickly.

Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7755124 02/24/20 04:52 PM
G
Gravytrain Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
The real news

[Linked Image]

Upon us all, upon us all, a little rain must fall
Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: S.A. hunter] #7755144 02/24/20 05:09 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
?[/quote]
I've come to realize this forum doesn't like science. [/quote]

You are so wrong!!

They don’t like anything that challenges the predetermined ideas already established. 99% of what you read on here is based on feelings/emotions and not fact. Not logic. Not education. Not experience.

Here is how it goes.
1. Read post.
2. Have an emotional reaction, or get feelings stirred.
3. Decide if emotion/feelings are pro/con.
4. Agree and restate, then give some personal example.
5. Disagree and attack, call names, make fun, ridicule. Rarely does logic, reasoning, and/or open minded discussion occur.
6. Try and get other posters to follow #5
7. Rinse then repeat in another thread.

8. Bonus, make a post that has absolutely no connection to thread.

Qualifier: I did state only 99% follow that format. No absolute. Ha. So yes, assume you are a 1%er and carry on.

Proverbs 2
Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7755160 02/24/20 05:16 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
“Sex” refers to physical or physiological differences between male, female, and intersex bodies, including both primary sex characteristics (the reproductive system) and secondary sex characteristics (such as breasts and facial hair).

Gender is generally conceived as a set of characteristics or traits that are associated with a certain biological sex (male or female). ... The characteristics that generally define gender are referred to as masculine or feminine.

It’s pretty simple. Man, in his ultimate wisdom will always find a way to screw it up. Look at Adam and Eve. They lived in the Garden of Eden. Walked with God. Had perfection on earth. What did they do? Yep!
And still today, man thinks he can improve on what God ordained. And we are shocked when all that happens is more chaos.

Proverbs 2
Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: Sniper.270] #7755162 02/24/20 05:18 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Quit throwing like a girl....

Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: fadetoblack64] #7755165 02/24/20 05:20 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by takewhatyoucan64
Quit throwing like a girl....

5 and/or 8

Proverbs 2
Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7755322 02/24/20 07:31 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
popcorn

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: The Science of Gender..... [Re: Sniper.270] #7755334 02/24/20 07:37 PM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Originally Posted by Sniper.270
8. Bonus, make a post that has absolutely no connection to thread.

Oxbot has mastered this technique.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide