Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,030
Posts9,719,586
Members86,989
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" #7754934 02/24/20 02:33 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Anything that TIME Magazine states needs to be taken with more than several grains of salt. If fact, I don't know why
anyone would read TIME to get any factual information. Talk about a liberal publication.
Here are some of the people who were on the cover of Time as "Man of the Year."
1. Adolf Hitler, 1938
2. Joseph Stalin, 1939
3. Joseph Stalin, 1942
4. Nikita Krushchev, 1957
5. Ayatollah Khomeini, 1979
And of course.........Greta Thunberg was named Time magazine's 2019 Person of the Year for her climate activism that inspired millions of young people to protest
The "inspired millions of young people to protest." about climate change was the reason that Time gave for choosing this girl.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: Mr. T.] #7754940 02/24/20 02:36 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
bang

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: Mr. T.] #7754945 02/24/20 02:39 PM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by Mr. T.
The "inspired millions of young people to protest." ... reason that Time gave for choosing this girl.

Given that logic, Trump trumped her. He inspired half of our country to protest for years on end.

#winning

Last edited by Mickey Moose; 02/24/20 02:41 PM.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: Mickey Moose] #7754951 02/24/20 02:43 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by Mickey Moose
The "inspired millions of young people to protest." ... reason that Time gave for choosing this girl.

Given that logic, Trump trumped her since he inspired half of our country to protest for years on end.

#winning

So true.. roflmao

Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: Mr. T.] #7754952 02/24/20 02:46 PM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Hitler was one of the greatest leader mankind has ever seen

Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: RedRanger] #7754960 02/24/20 02:53 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by RedRanger

He was a leader, not sure I would call him a great leader. When your motto is "follow me or die," you get
a lot of people following you.

Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: Mr. T.] #7754961 02/24/20 02:54 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

He was a leader, not sure I would call him a great leader. When your motto is "follow me or die," you get

Well articulated.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: Mr. T.] #7754980 02/24/20 03:14 PM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Their "Person of the Year" is not a celebration of the person's achievements, it's to highlight someone's impact on the year, particularly good and/or particularly bad.

Charlie

Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: CharlieCTx] #7754984 02/24/20 03:20 PM
S
S.A. hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by CharlieCTx
Their "Person of the Year" is not a celebration of the person's achievements, it's to highlight someone's impact on the year, particularly good and/or particularly bad.

Charlie

Yep.

Its amazing the amount of influence these magazines have on people. It really shakes them to the core. Amazing

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 02/24/20 03:24 PM.
Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: Mr. T.] #7754995 02/24/20 03:33 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Haven’t even looked at time magazine since I was a kid, first time in decades I saw that junk was yesterday on that post.

My thoughts “who cares” are pretty much what most on here would say. I just don’t care what some garbage magazine says and it isn’t spreading any kind of scientific anything in it, that’s reserved for actual scientific journals....tho I have said before those are ripe with a bunch of bad science anyway.

Last edited by Texas buckeye; 02/24/20 03:34 PM.
Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: S.A. hunter] #7755000 02/24/20 03:39 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Originally Posted by CharlieCTx

Charlie

Yep.

Its amazing the amount of influence these magazines have on people. It really shakes them to the core. Amazing

it especially shakes folks to the core when they spot the scam from the beginning.

[Linked Image]
Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: Mr. T.] #7755030 02/24/20 03:54 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

Need to check the actual history a bit on that.

Proverbs 2
Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: Mr. T.] #7755045 02/24/20 04:04 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

As a human I can’t think of anyone lower. As a person in power him and Stalin where extremely effective in leading people to do the unthinkable, and not just isolated incidents, a whole country

In its base Webster definition I don’t think leader encompasses a moral or ethical base. Personally I would add it as a foundation but I get why it’s not.

Unfortunately I agree with Redranger.... that was painful

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: Mr. T.] #7755056 02/24/20 04:14 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Don’t let facts get in the way...hitler especially in his early years did nothing of the “follow
Me or die” type dictatorship. Problem is people don’t know their history and assume he was a dictator and nothing more and forced people to follow or be killed, and that’s how he did his work...not that he did things slowly and over decades and worked people to slowly adapt to a mindset that would eventually allow the Holocaust to occur. Before that, his concentration camps were for political opposition, but that wasn’t at the beginning of his rule, it was toward the end. I doubt most people realize when he assumed power and how long he had been working in politics to get in power. It wasn’t overnight. Starting in 1918 and continuing until 1933, Hitler worked to gain popular support of his party’s cause. When he was finally given the chancellorship of Germany in 1933, he then wen to work changing the government over to mostly Nazi party folks and things started happen and it wasn’t until the early 1940’s when the work/concentration camps became so overflowed with political and social opponents that the mass killings started happening on a wide spread scale.

Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: Mr. T.] #7755059 02/24/20 04:17 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Since were here , heres the prime minister of Canada

T[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: Mr. T.] #7755073 02/24/20 04:24 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Tin head, you have some doozies some times, but come on man, you really think there is some big time travel conspiracy or something?

Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7755080 02/24/20 04:27 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

As a human I can’t think of anyone lower. As a person in power him and Stalin where extremely effective in leading people to do the unthinkable, and not just isolated incidents, a whole country

In its base Webster definition I don’t think leader encompasses a moral or ethical base. Personally I would add it as a foundation but I get why it’s not.

Unfortunately I agree with Redranger.... that was painful

Exactly. Moral/ethical has to be left out. One can be the absolute best at something, even if that something is evilness.

Proverbs 2
Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: Texas buckeye] #7755089 02/24/20 04:30 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Tin head, you have some doozies some times, but come on man, you really think there is some big time travel conspiracy or something?

No time travel , just a lot of chatter that maybe they are the kids.

[Linked Image]
Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: Mr. T.] #7755094 02/24/20 04:34 PM
S
S.A. hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Talk about going down a rabbit hole!

Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: Tin Head] #7755109 02/24/20 04:46 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Tin Head

And so what if they are the kids (they aren’t), What difference does it make if they have different views from their parents?

I don’t see Angela merkel talking about aryan bloodlines and the need to purge “society” of impurities. That dunce from Canada is hanging on by a thread, he’s got nothing to bring to the table.

These picture collages people make are straight out of the conspiracy networks and they do nothing more than stir up the rabble, but prove nothing to anything other than “look these people look similar”. Even then, a picture from 1900 and a picture from 2019 could both be photoshopped in today’s era to make anyone look like anyone...you ever think these pics might have been digitally altered at all?

Would be very amusing to actually find out some government agent was at the root of all these conspiracy theories and keeps them just itchy enough folks gotta scratch at them, all the while it makes folks look like whackadoodles when they put this stuff out there for everyone else to see. Discounts your real message a little by discounting you and your credibility.

Last edited by Texas buckeye; 02/24/20 04:48 PM.
Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: Texas buckeye] #7755119 02/24/20 04:50 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Don’t let facts get in the way...hitler especially in his early years did nothing of the “follow
Me or die” type dictatorship. Problem is people don’t know their history and assume he was a dictator and nothing more and forced people to follow or be killed, and that’s how he did his work...not that he did things slowly and over decades and worked people to slowly adapt to a mindset that would eventually allow the Holocaust to occur. Before that, his concentration camps were for political opposition, but that wasn’t at the beginning of his rule, it was toward the end. I doubt most people realize when he assumed power and how long he had been working in politics to get in power. It wasn’t overnight. Starting in 1918 and continuing until 1933, Hitler worked to gain popular support of his party’s cause. When he was finally given the chancellorship of Germany in 1933, he then wen to work changing the government over to mostly Nazi party folks and things started happen and it wasn’t until the early 1940’s when the work/concentration camps became so overflowed with political and social opponents that the mass killings started happening on a wide spread scale.

Excellent post. The hate of the Jews and the Aryanization began with WWI. The Jews were blamed and the plan began. Hitler did bring it all together, but it was not a do as I say or die. He just receives all the hate for the doings of the German nation.

Proverbs 2
Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: Texas buckeye] #7755127 02/24/20 04:55 PM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

And so what if they are the kids (they aren’t), What difference does it make if they have different views from their parents?

I don’t see Angela merkel talking about aryan bloodlines and the need to purge “society” of impurities. That dunce from Canada is hanging on by a thread, he’s got nothing to bring to the table.

These picture collages people make are straight out of the conspiracy networks and they do nothing more than stir up the rabble, but prove nothing to anything other than “look these people look similar”. Even then, a picture from 1900 and a picture from 2019 could both be photoshopped in today’s era to make anyone look like anyone...you ever think these pics might have been digitally altered at all?

Would be very amusing to actually find out some government agent was at the root of all these conspiracy theories and keeps them just itchy enough folks gotta scratch at them, all the while it makes folks look like whackadoodles when they put this stuff out there for everyone else to see. Discounts your real message a little by discounting you and your credibility.

Tin Head is our local internet believing conspiracy theorist.

Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: Mr. T.] #7755133 02/24/20 05:02 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
^^^ yeah I get that. It’s just amusing that these conspiracies are widely believed and for what evidence? Something they saw on the internet...such an easily and quickly malleable media.

Was thinking, would be even funnier if some kids were at the base of most of these conspiracies and their whole motivation was simply to get clicks and shares? Clickbait for adults

Re: I did not want to highjack another thread, so here is some of TIME Magazine's "Man of the Year" [Re: Tin Head] #7755208 02/24/20 06:07 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

They are the kids of who? She was born nine years after Hitler died according to your own graphic? What is the point of this?

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide