Forums46
Topics537,758
Posts9,728,773
Members87,039
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: Flashprism] #7753969 02/23/20 03:09 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
No, the biggest lie is that we can stop climate change. The second biggest lie is that we’re causing it.

Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: RattlesnakeDan] #7753979 02/23/20 03:26 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan
There is no global warming, there was never an ice age. 2 great hoaxes on the world. Know God and know the truth. Grown men sound like children and it is silly.
There will be 1 catastrophe and it is written but the weather will be the least of your worries.
If you want to know what has happened and what will happen seek Christ, He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Read the Bible, get to know God personally, study true history written in the most accurate and authentic book ever written or that will ever be written.

clap up

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: Flashprism] #7754004 02/23/20 04:09 AM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
What ever happened to saving the old growth forests? We had to give up paper bags at the grocery store, remember? We had to use plastic bags. Then a report on plastic fishing nets (which are bad) in the ocean got convoluted into us needing to give up plastic bags. They're not happy unless we loath ourselves about something. I think my woke broke.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: Creekrunner] #7754008 02/23/20 04:15 AM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
What ever happened to saving the old growth forests? We had to give up paper bags at the grocery store, remember? We had to use plastic bags. Then a report on plastic fishing nets (which are bad) in the ocean got convoluted into us needing to give up plastic bags. They're not happy unless we loath ourselves about something. I think my woke broke.

IMO, when "we" usually figure out the game , "they" send us into another war to keep us off our feet. Only this time it looks like the shoe is on the other foot. This time "they" are being exposed

[Linked Image]
Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: RattlesnakeDan] #7754012 02/23/20 04:28 AM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan
There is no global warming, there was never an ice age. 2 great hoaxes on the world. Know God and know the truth. Grown men sound like children and it is silly.
There will be 1 catastrophe and it is written but the weather will be the least of your worries.
If you want to know what has happened and what will happen seek Christ, He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Read the Bible, get to know God personally, study true history written in the most accurate and authentic book ever written or that will ever be written.

smile ani

Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: Flashprism] #7754024 02/23/20 04:53 AM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Who doesnt believe that sea levels rise and fall by 100s of feet? Not saying it has anything to do with man, but to think it doesn't happen is naive.

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 02/23/20 05:02 AM.
Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: Flashprism] #7754042 02/23/20 08:21 AM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Flashprism, you have actual evidence. You'd better be careful, or you'll get Epstiened!

Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: Flashprism] #7754068 02/23/20 12:53 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Where I live in Bandera it is over 1200' above sea level. There are fossil sea shells in abundance. They must have had some serious global warming at one time.

Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: don k] #7754083 02/23/20 01:28 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by don k
Where I live in Bandera it is over 1200' above sea level. There are fossil sea shells in abundance. They must have had some serious global warming at one time.

That is due to the great flood God created.

The earth isn't billions of years old.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: J.G.] #7754134 02/23/20 02:53 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by FiremanJG

How old is it?

Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: don k] #7754138 02/23/20 03:01 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Yep, Texas was under water hundreds of millions of years ago. That's how we got all this damn limestone that makes it so hard to dig in your backyard.

Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: S.A. hunter] #7754168 02/23/20 03:43 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

How old is it?

I know for a fact that it is at least 73 years old.

Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: Creekrunner] #7754192 02/23/20 04:18 PM
Tbar Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

I grind this factiod in when I hear people complain about plastics in the oceans....etal.

Make America Great Again

Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: S.A. hunter] #7754200 02/23/20 04:33 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

How old is it?

What's the bible say? Or really suggest. Seriously, tell me what you understand.

There was an excellent video on YouTube and I can't find it again, dangit. It was not ignoring science. But it was building in science with the bible. The main take away was carbon dating is way inaccurate, and striations in the earth's crust are also not a good indication of millions of years. The video addressed sea creature fossils well above current sea level. Again, the great flood.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: J.G.] #7754217 02/23/20 04:50 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

How old is it?

What's the bible say? Or really suggest. Seriously, tell me what you understand.

There was an excellent video on YouTube and I can't find it again, dangit. It was not ignoring science. But it was building in science with the bible. The main take away was carbon dating is way inaccurate, and striations in the earth's crust are also not a good indication of millions of years. The video addressed sea creature fossils well above current sea level. Again, the great flood.

Any geologists on here?

Oilfield guys how long does it take oil to form? Where does it come from?

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 02/23/20 04:59 PM.
Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: Sniper.270] #7754236 02/23/20 05:14 PM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted by Sniper.270
Flash you make a very valid observation.
However, your dock and the 20 year history is not the best judge.

However old you think the world is, let’s use your 100 million.
You cannot declare end of times based on our records of, let’s be generous, 200 years. We do not have enough data. Also, you must ask what caused the previous ice ages? Use of fossil fuels? Green house gases? Petroleum has been used how long? Combustion engine was invented when? Maybe it was all those buffalo that roamed the plains, let’s say 50 million, passing gas. Industrialized man is but a tiny blip on the history radar.

Climate issues are big bucks plain and simple. Those that fall into this gimmick are just plain...... gullible or they chose to be ignorant.

confused2 tis amazing how easy people are deceived.
Just look in texas Guns Don't Kill... So know thar usuing poison ta take care of D hog problem...

scratch As some one mentioned in an earlier post...
Man Does play a roll in global changing...
Thar B a high tide & low tide of things...

Just keeping an open mind...
flag

i'm postaddic
Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: Flashprism] #7754335 02/23/20 07:20 PM
B
Blue Moon Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Flashprism
Let me first state that I do recognize climate change. We've had about 15 climatic catastrophes in the last 100 million years. Hell our native Americans took advantage of the last ice age 30,000 years ago and crossed the land bridge from Siberia to Alaska caused by the falling seal level.

My challenge is the constant hysteria that the seas are rising and the fish are swimming in the streets. Again I'm not arguing against the increased glacial melting in the Arctic and Greenland. I see the pictures and if they're not photo shot it's probably true.

But I do know the rising seas is bull crap and I know for a simple reason. I see the daily the sea level in my back yard. I live on Padre Island and I built my dock 22 years ago in 1998. I set the base board of the dock at the height of the10" above mean high tide.I have attached a picture of my dock which is clearly above water and has rarely ever been flooded. Exception being a hurricane nearby like Harvey. Since we know all bays, gulfs, seas and oceans are connected one area cannot be lower and or higher than another in real time. They are all in equilibrium..( I know tides very in height in different locations) I have been attacked for this observation by some young academic scholars who say my observation is wrong and selfish. Oh well!!!!!!!

Food for thought... The Gulf of Mexico is a minor sea of the Atlantic Ocean. The Gulf is mostly protected by landmasses and has a fairly narrow opening to the Atlantic so tidal changes are much smaller in your neck of the woods compared to parts of the East Coast and most other global shorelines.

For those not up on tides, the Gulf has diurnal tides, or only one tide cycle per lunar day while the East Coast and much of the world’s shorelines experience semidiurnal or mixed semidiurnal tides, with two cycles per lunar day. Unlike your analogy that paints an image of a still ocean, the ocean is in fact in motion and not at a constant level like you assume. Rising sea levels impact some locations more than others partly due to landmass and other variables.

I suspect in your lifetime the rising sea level in the Gulf of Mexico will not be the first impact you’ll notice. The rise in ocean and atmospheric temperature will initially show up as increased storm surge flooding along with a change in sea and plant life.

Measured over thousands of years, the Earth’s orbit and changing axis tilt keep the climate in a slow state of change. Ocean currents and weather patterns change because different parts of the planet are warmer or colder based on the axis tilt.

Over the history of the earth, additional variables such as volcanic eruptions, sun flares, exterrestrial impacts from comets or large meteors, and glacier melt have rapidly accelerated climate change. Since the industrial revolution, the chemical makeup of the atmosphere appears to be changing at an accelerated pace. There is a cause and effect for all change.

Here is a look at flooding between 1950 to 2015. Flooding seems to be on the rise in most areas but certainly in areas with semidiurnal tides...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: J.G.] #7754549 02/24/20 12:20 AM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

How old is it?

I saw one called Is Genesis Science, I think. Very interesting.

Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: S.A. hunter] #7755834 02/25/20 11:12 AM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Our sample size is to small to measure. The planet is 35 million years old (guess).

Close 4.5 billion

History, archaeology and anthropology are hobbies/interests of mine I have no formal education in any. With that said I can say with confidence, we don't have a clue how old the earth is..

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: HWY_MAN] #7755914 02/25/20 01:57 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
Our sample size is to small to measure. The planet is 35 million years old (guess).

Close 4.5 billion

History, archaeology and anthropology are hobbies/interests of mine I have no formal education in any. With that said I can say with confidence, we don't have a clue how old the earth is..

Bingo.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: Flashprism] #7755933 02/25/20 02:28 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
I am a climate change believer, just not that it is man-made. The earth is a living/breathing entity - ever changing in climate and structure. I don't believe that our behaviors are causing warming/cooling/etc.

With that said, it doesn't mean that we should not be good stewards of the land. One of the great issues IMHO is the pollution of the oceans - primarily plastics and chemicals. Tragic when we learn that the beaches of the most remote islands of the world are polluted with plastic bottles, drums, and other refuse.

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: bill oxner] #7755953 02/25/20 02:53 PM
H
huck18 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted by bill oxner
You can take it to the bank when I quote myself.

No way I'm putting these six babies out in my cold wet garden with another cold front coming next week

[Linked Image]

Get you an LED grow light for garage and you can start your tomatoes weeks early and have fruit as soon as Spring gets here.

Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: bill oxner] #7756001 02/25/20 03:37 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by HWY_MAN

Close 4.5 billion

Bingo.

We definitely have a clue, actually many clues.

Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: Dalroo] #7756003 02/25/20 03:42 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Dalroo
I am a climate change believer, just not that it is man-made. The earth is a living/breathing entity - ever changing in climate and structure. I don't believe that our behaviors are causing warming/cooling/etc.

With that said, it doesn't mean that we should not be good stewards of the land. One of the great issues IMHO is the pollution of the oceans - primarily plastics and chemicals. Tragic when we learn that the beaches of the most remote islands of the world are polluted with plastic bottles, drums, and other refuse.

I agree with most of what you said. Accept for the part about man not having a part in it. I think we definitely play a part, the question is how big of a part. I personally, think we play a small part.

Re: The biggest lie in Climate Change [Re: Flashprism] #7756030 02/25/20 04:02 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
eveyone wants a clean world. As it is America is one of the leaders in making a clean world. Asia are the worlds greatest polluters but yet America gets all the blame. I can see why, if these people played that ignorant sh!t in china they would be killed on the spot. The climate changers come across that we just want and are producing a filthy world and are to ignorant to know any better.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide