Forums46
Topics537,699
Posts9,727,906
Members87,033
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: NORML as can be] #7753826 02/23/20 12:19 AM
C
Cool Mo D Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by NORML as can be
https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-dog-attack-disturbing-footage-video-church

Three adults jumped in to help get the dog off the girl, who reportedly sustained moderate puncture wounds to her left bicep and forearm, requiring immediate medical attention.

The owner, who was arrested and charged with unlawful ownership of a dangerous animal, euthanized the dog after the attack. Authorities did not release the names of the girl or the dog owner.

The Human Society of the Pikes Peak Region (HSPPR) is adding the video to its "Bite Blotter," to help the community keep track of pet bites.

Warning

Last edited by Cool Mo D; 02/23/20 12:19 AM.
Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: Cool Mo D] #7753828 02/23/20 12:21 AM
C
Cool Mo D Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
This is why I have a Very sharp auto knife in my pocket at all times.

Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: NORML as can be] #7753832 02/23/20 12:24 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
That dog came out fast. I'm not sure anything would have stopped it.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: Cool Mo D] #7753833 02/23/20 12:25 AM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Cool Mo D

its been said, dont know if true, if you stick your finger in the rear they will let loose. peep

[Linked Image]
Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: NORML as can be] #7753870 02/23/20 12:53 AM
E
Espy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
https://blog.dogsbite.org/2020/02/family-pit-bull-kills-5-year-old-boy-oro-grande-california.html

This was a little over a week ago.
12 year old pit that they raised from a pup. When the two walked back into the playroom, where the 5 yr. old boy was, the pit bull had the child by his neck and "would not let go." She said the dog had never hurt anyone before. "He was a loving dog," she said. "He was not a vicious dog, but how it snapped, we don't understand." The dog's owner surrendered the pit bull to animal control.
I know all pits are not bad but I am not willing to risk the safety of others.

Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7753893 02/23/20 01:21 AM
B
bucksnbass357 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
I think it straight for the child because it's a predator and it picked the easiest one to overpower and kill.

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by takewhatyoucan64
That owner needs to be put in jail for 10 years. Not 1 day less. This breed and mix needs to be bannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnned.

just another reason I keep the judge in my pocket.

Ditto!!

Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: Tin Head] #7753901 02/23/20 01:35 AM
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Tin Head
Originally Posted by Cool Mo D

its been said, dont know if true, if you stick your finger in the rear they will let loose. peep

I also read that if you lift the dog by the back legs as it attacking it will let go.
I think I would try this first. But to each his own.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: NORML as can be] #7753935 02/23/20 02:31 AM
603Country Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
If you have ever been attacked by a dog, you know how fast it happens. There is no time to decide what to do. You just react. It’s fast. Good luck with plans to pull out a pistol and shoot the dog unless you have already registered that the dog appears dangerous and you plan to act.

Of course, if you are lucky, the attacking dog will be old and slow and 3 legged.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: NORML as can be] #7753958 02/23/20 02:50 AM
R
Rounder Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Do you mind if I keep my 150# leopard in my nice gated community? She is leash broke and only occasionally eats lap dogs for snacks. Move here. I suspect she can deal with a pit also.

Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: NORML as can be] #7753972 02/23/20 03:11 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
I won’t tolerate a pit on my property

Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: 603Country] #7753976 02/23/20 03:23 AM
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by 603Country
If you have ever been attacked by a dog, you know how fast it happens. There is no time to decide what to do. You just react. It’s fast. Good luck with plans to pull out a pistol and shoot the dog unless you have already registered that the dog appears dangerous and you plan to act.

Of course, if you are lucky, the attacking dog will be old and slow and 3 legged.

Indeed. Considering all of those assisting in the video, if someone pulled out a gun, it could have gotten uglier.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: 603Country] #7753997 02/23/20 03:56 AM
Greg Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
If you have ever been attacked by a dog, you know how fast it happens. There is no time to decide what to do. You just react. It’s fast.

You are 100% correct.

I got attacked by a dog on a golf course about 8 years back. I had hit my ball into some persons back yard and it was barking like mad at me on the other side of the iron fence as I went to see if my ball was retrievable. I talked to the dog and said “it’s alright boy” as I looked for my ball. I saw it up by the owners back door and realized it was a goner. I was standing right next to the 4’ fence, and when I turned my head and took my eyes off of him, he jumped up on the fence and bit me in the chest. It didn’t let go and was literally hanging over the fence off of my chest. It all happened So fast and he wouldn’t let go. I felt the whalop and pain as I started to back up to get away from it and he ended up letting go just before I pulled him over on my side of the fence. I instantly grabbed my chest, and my buddy said “holy s that dog just bit the snot out of you.” When I removed my hand I discovered my shirt was shredded and there was a puncture wound all the way into my chest cavity. A big hole surrounded by smaller rips from his other teeth.

Now, I should have gone straight to the doctor, but had a few beers in me and was playing with my brand new boss who was a QB for TCU so I had to prove how tough I was. Lol. I got patched up at the clubhouse and kept playing. Ended up shooting a 42 on the back 9 but that’s besides the point roflmao

The point is it happened in an instant... as soon as I took my eyes off of him. All my friends said things like “I would have punched it... or I would have jammed my fingers in its eye or ears.” Yeah right. When it hits you, you only want it to get off and you try to get away from it.

The doctor said I was an idiot to keep playing golf. The scar is nasty and looks like I’ve been shot. It itched and burned like mad for almost a year as the nerve endings tried to heal. And that was from pretty much just one big puncture wound. I can’t imagine the road to recovery this little girl is gonna have. What a mess.

Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: Greg] #7754002 02/23/20 04:05 AM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Greg
If you have ever been attacked by a dog, you know how fast it happens. There is no time to decide what to do. You just react. It’s fast.

You are 100% correct.

I got attacked by a dog on a golf course about 8 years back. I had hit my ball into some persons back yard and it was barking like mad at me on the other side of the iron fence as I went to see if my ball was retrievable. I talked to the dog and said “it’s alright boy” as I looked for my ball. I saw it up by the owners back door and realized it was a goner. I was standing right next to the 4’ fence, and when I turned my head and took my eyes off of him, he jumped up on the fence and bit me in the chest. It didn’t let go and was literally hanging over the fence off of my chest. It all happened So fast and he wouldn’t let go. I felt the whalop and pain as I started to back up to get away from it and he ended up letting go just before I pulled him over on my side of the fence. I instantly grabbed my chest, and my buddy said “holy s that dog just bit the snot out of you.” When I removed my hand I discovered my shirt was shredded and there was a puncture wound all the way into my chest cavity. A big hole surrounded by smaller rips from his other teeth.

Now, I should have gone straight to the doctor, but had a few beers in me and was playing with my brand new boss who was a QB for TCU so I had to prove how tough I was. Lol. I got patched up at the clubhouse and kept playing. Ended up shooting a 42 on the back 9 but that’s besides the point roflmao

The point is it happened in an instant... as soon as I took my eyes off of him. All my friends said things like “I would have punched it... or I would have jammed my fingers in its eye or ears.” Yeah right. When it hits you, you only want it to get off and you try to get away from it.

The doctor said I was an idiot to keep playing golf. The scar is nasty and looks like I’ve been shot. It itched and burned like mad for almost a year as the nerve endings tried to heal. And that was from pretty much just one big puncture wound. I can’t imagine the road to recovery this little girl is gonna have. What a mess.
yeup, I heard its not the bite that gets you. Its the infection and crushed tissue .

[Linked Image]
Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: bill oxner] #7754017 02/23/20 04:40 AM
O
Old Shakie Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Originally Posted by snake oil
Originally Posted by bigjoe8565
I hate seeing a pit off leash in public.

I hate seeing a Pit period. rifle

X3

According to Canine Journal, an organization that compiles and analyzes all of the dog bite attacks in the country, Pit bulls accounted for 284 deaths in the years between 2005 and 2017. This is a staggering 65% of the overall dog related deaths of 433 Americans killed.

This is sort of personal......we knew of one of those, A seven year old boy who was just out playing.

Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: Old Shakie] #7754021 02/23/20 04:45 AM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Old Shakie
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Originally Posted by snake oil
Originally Posted by bigjoe8565
I hate seeing a pit off leash in public.

I hate seeing a Pit period. rifle

X3

According to Canine Journal, an organization that compiles and analyzes all of the dog bite attacks in the country, Pit bulls accounted for 284 deaths in the years between 2005 and 2017. This is a staggering 65% of the overall dog related deaths of 433 Americans killed.

This is sort of personal......we knew of one of those, A seven year old boy who was just out playing.

Was that the boy near the lake?

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: dogcatcher] #7754028 02/23/20 05:18 AM
O
Old Shakie Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
Yes, In 2008

Last edited by Old Shakie; 02/23/20 05:19 AM.
Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: Old Shakie] #7754029 02/23/20 05:24 AM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Old Shakie
Yes, In 2008

I think of that boy quite often, but especially after I hear of a dog biting a child.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: NORML as can be] #7754050 02/23/20 11:44 AM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
As mentioned previous it happens quick. I was bitten hard in the chest by my sisters dog at her house a long time ago, I did get a good snap kick in but it certainly got the better of me.

With certain dogs they blatantly show their aggression ahead of time, hair raised, barking aggressively. Problem I think with other short haired dogs like Pits is you do not see the raised hair or hear an aggressive barking ahead of time and probably in the case of the video on this post they just saw a dog running in their direction without those aggression warning flags until it was to late.

Last edited by Stub; 02/23/20 11:45 AM.

texas flag

Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: NORML as can be] #7754080 02/23/20 01:25 PM
G
gtrich94 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
With multiple dogs in our house, I can tell you the lift the back legs thing doesn’t always work. Especially if the dog doing the biting is much larger than the other dog. All it’s done in our house is drag the two dogs across the floor.

Thanks,
Rich
Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: NORML as can be] #7754082 02/23/20 01:27 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
Just for general knowledge, yell at the dog in your angriest voice to stop and go away - 99% of the time, this works. If yelling doesn't work and the dog continues to come at you, grab a dog by the back of its neck and the loose skin on its butt and you can toss it pretty far. If you need to dispatch, headlock the dog and drop all your body weight on it falling to the ground slightly on your side. If it continues to move, tighten your hold on its neck until it stops moving.

“Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will.” – Theodore Roosevelt

[Linked Image]
Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: NORML as can be] #7754100 02/23/20 01:50 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Remember the old joke about having the dog neutered? confused2

"I could tell right away that you should have pulled its teeth."

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: NORML as can be] #7754109 02/23/20 02:06 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
From a schlonga who insures a ton of farm & ranch and other rural properties and gets to make inspections, oftentimes without the owners being present - smash the cur in the mouth with either your fist or boot. They'll get the idea. They aren't used to it. Been there done that, walked away many times. You have to be aggressive with these animals or they will sense your fear and intensify their attack. The one in the parking should have been carried out. Not going to allow that thing to circle back for more or attack the kiddoe in the next lot.

We get it all the time, "My pit is so friendly". Yeah that is until a poodle, granny or a kiddoe saunters by and unleashes some sort of instinctual attack response. Dollar wise, dog attacks account for the majority of all home liability claims paid. Think of all the things than can and do go wrong and then consider the previous statement.

Here's another hint to help with your personal safety - always keep your eye on the dog with an aggressive stance, but does not bark - always. Walk at them and not away from them.

Last edited by Hudbone; 02/23/20 02:08 PM. Reason: spell
Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: 603Country] #7754125 02/23/20 02:38 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U

While he's chewing on my left arm, I can shoot him with my right.

Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: unclebubba] #7754137 02/23/20 03:00 PM
A
AMF Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
Originally Posted by unclebubba

While he's chewing on my left arm, I can shoot him with my right.

That begs the inevitable question.....

Re: dog attacks 5-year-old girl outside church [Re: Old Rabbit] #7754240 02/23/20 05:25 PM
Jon Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by Old Rabbit
Notice the dog ignored the adults and went after the child. I can't believe the mother didn't pick up the child at the first sight of the dog.

I wondered the same thing about why the mom didn’t snatch her up. Thought that was natural instinct. We always did when ours were little and strange dogs running up.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide