Forums46
Topics537,041
Posts9,719,744
Members86,989
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: ducknbass] #7752665 02/21/20 06:24 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by ducknbass
I believe earth to be 5-7k years old.

Oh

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: Mickey Moose] #7752668 02/21/20 06:26 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
If the Big Bang happened, it's likely that big bangs are a regular part of the universe and have happened an infinite amount of times over infinite distances. I don't believe in the theory of one Big Bang - I don't think anything happens once. In my opinion, the Big Bang theory does not disprove the existence of God, unless you are a total literalist when it come to the Bible.

“Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will.” – Theodore Roosevelt

[Linked Image]
Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: maximus_flavius] #7752675 02/21/20 06:31 PM
M
missingAK Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by maximus_flavius
There is a great deal of difference in the belief of a God (Supreme Being or a Creator) & the Christian God.

The cosmic chances of a Creator are great. The chances of a Christian based God are infestismal.

How so? The God of the Bible is eternal, self-existent, omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient. Isn't that exactly how you would describe a God who is a "supreme being or a creator"?

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened." Winston Churchill
Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7752686 02/21/20 06:39 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
If the Big Bang happened, it's likely that big bangs are a regular part of the universe and have happened an infinite amount of times over infinite distances. I don't believe in the theory of one Big Bang - I don't think anything happens once. In my opinion, the Big Bang theory does not disprove the existence of God, unless you are a total literalist when it come to the Bible.

What if our universe is no more then the size a bunch of quarks in the grand scheme of things......and how small do things get? Are there other things smaller then quarks? How small is what we know in the big picture? I always though a expanding and contracting universe was a possibility.

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 02/21/20 06:40 PM.
Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7752690 02/21/20 06:43 PM
M
missingAK Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Nope. Montana.

Strange science pages you seem to follow did not post that up. Hmmmmm

Okay I found it but, it doesn't dispute the age of the fossil. The fossil is still 68 million years ago, but yes it does seem like they found something........but it was thought to be a contaminant. They weren't able to recreate, so it seems to be debunked.

How old do you think dinosaurs are?

This is the problem. "The fossil is still 68 million years old." Based on what? Theoretical science. They found unfossilized red blood cells in a T-Rex bone in Montana. Should be absolutely impossible based on previous scientific "fact". There should be one of two conclusions. 1. We were wrong about the age of the dinosaurs. 2. We were wrong about how things fossilize. Either challenges the "billions of years", or whatever it is up to now, theory. What do the "billions of years" folks say to explain away this evidence? "It's probably a contaminant." Sounds very scientific right. My question is, "why do they say it?" I think they have to because anything that challenges the "billions of years" theory completely destroys an evolutionary explanation for our origin. They MUST have billions, and more, years for their theory to work. Problem...they can't prove billions of years and are continually presented with evidence that this isn't the case.

Assuming the creator God has revealed himself to us in the Bible (again, this is a faith based assumption), the earth is 6-10k years old. I believe closer to 10K. So far science has done nothing to disprove this. There are lots of theories. No solid facts.

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened." Winston Churchill
Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: Mickey Moose] #7752691 02/21/20 06:44 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Crazy talk here, but what if we were nothing more than an experiment in a larger Hadron Collider?

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: missingAK] #7752694 02/21/20 06:48 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by missingAK
Nope. Montana.

Okay I found it but, it doesn't dispute the age of the fossil. The fossil is still 68 million years ago, but yes it does seem like they found something........but it was thought to be a contaminant. They weren't able to recreate, so it seems to be debunked.

This is the problem. "The fossil is still 68 million years old." Based on what? Theoretical science. They found unfossilized red blood cells in a T-Rex bone in Montana. Should be absolutely impossible based on previous scientific "fact". There should be one of two conclusions. 1. We were wrong about the age of the dinosaurs. 2. We were wrong about how things fossilize. Either challenges the "billions of years", or whatever it is up to now, theory. What do the "billions of years" folks say to explain away this evidence? "It's probably a contaminant." Sounds very scientific right. My question is, "why do they say it?" I think they have to because anything that challenges the "billions of years" theory completely destroys an evolutionary explanation for our origin. They MUST have billions, and more, years for their theory to work. Problem...they can't prove billions of years and are continually presented with evidence that this isn't the case.

Assuming the creator God has revealed himself to us in the Bible (again, this is a faith based assumption), the earth is 6-10k years old. I believe closer to 10K. So far science has done nothing to disprove this. There are lots of theories. No solid facts.

I will not argue with someone's belief in faith. If this is what your faith leads you to believe, then it is what it is.

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: Mickey Moose] #7752699 02/21/20 06:59 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7752700 02/21/20 06:59 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Sneaky
The universe is roughly 15 billion years old, earth is 5 billion years old, modern man Is 300 thousand years old, civilizations started anywhere from 6 thousand to 12 thousand years ago. Oldest religion is 5 thousand years old, Christianity is 2000 years old. To think we know all the answers at this point would be absurd.

How does anyone know the age of the universe?

Velocity, distance, time.

Follow Anton Petrov on youtube. He is pretty good. He post a couple of good videos a day. They are new topics or discoveries about the cosmos, that are in the news. He does a good job of keeping people up to date on what's going on.

How do we know he’s right? That takes a great deal of faith in a few humans. Far more than I have, in people.

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: ducknbass] #7752702 02/21/20 07:01 PM
B
Black02z28 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B

Based on what?

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7752703 02/21/20 07:04 PM
M
missingAK Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Nope. Montana.

I will not argue with someone's belief in faith. If this is what your faith leads you to believe, then it is what it is.

I appreciate that. Just want to make sure you understand that your belief in "millions and billions" of years is faith based as well.

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: Black02z28] #7752705 02/21/20 07:06 PM
M
missingAK Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by Black02z28

Based on what?

Biblical genealogies. Sorry to answer for you ducknbass.

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: missingAK] #7752708 02/21/20 07:09 PM
B
Black02z28 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B

Based on what?

Understood. Not directed at you per say, but that would mean that Dino's and man roamed the earth at the same time??

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: Black02z28] #7752710 02/21/20 07:10 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

Based on what?

Genealogy laid out in the Bible.

Last edited by ducknbass; 02/21/20 07:11 PM.
Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: Black02z28] #7752715 02/21/20 07:13 PM
M
missingAK Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M

Based on what?

Understood. Not directed at you per say, but that would mean that Dino's and man roamed the earth at the same time??

Yes. There is evidence (disputed of course) for this in Glen Rose Texas

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: Mickey Moose] #7752718 02/21/20 07:15 PM
B
Black02z28 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
[ Yes. There is evidence (disputed of course) for this in Glen Rose Texas

This is where it all falls apart for me, I just cant buy that.

Just did some quick reading on this Glen Rose thing, and that's a far stretch in my eyes.

Last edited by Black02z28; 02/21/20 07:19 PM.
Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: Mickey Moose] #7752720 02/21/20 07:17 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
MissinhAK cheers

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: Black02z28] #7752724 02/21/20 07:21 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Just did some quick reading on this Glen Rose thing, and that's a far stretch in my eyes.

What did you look up? I'll listen to anything.

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: Black02z28] #7752726 02/21/20 07:21 PM
M
missingAK Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M

Mine too. Just to be transparent. I don't need the evidence though. It only serves to bolster my faith but it doesn't really prove one thing or another for me. To put it into perspective though...for many years the scientific community was REALLY worried about those footprints.

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7752729 02/21/20 07:22 PM
B
Black02z28 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B

What did you look up? I'll listen to anything.

https://creation.com/alvis-delk-footprint-artefact

To be fair, its the only one I read so far.

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: missingAK] #7752730 02/21/20 07:24 PM
B
Black02z28 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
All good cheers

I've met some people that get really combative when talking about stuff like this, its refreshing to have a calm discussion about it especially on the interwebz, lol.

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: Mickey Moose] #7752735 02/21/20 07:27 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Learned a new term today that I had never heard of, "young-earth" creationists. I found that in both the Dino DNA story, and the Glen Rose dino story. Gonna research that.

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: Black02z28] #7752738 02/21/20 07:30 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
All good cheers

I've met some people that get really combative when talking about stuff like this, its refreshing to have a calm discussion about it especially on the interwebz, lol.

WHAT YOU'RE ALL WRONG. Slams door

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: Black02z28] #7752739 02/21/20 07:30 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
All good cheers

Yep, nothing wrong with not thinking the same.

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: ducknbass] #7752740 02/21/20 07:31 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
All good cheers

WHAT YOU'RE ALL WRONG. Slams door

lol35

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide